Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,457 members, 7,954,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:22 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1611) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6500777 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1608) (1609) (1610) (1611) (1612) (1613) (1614) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 15, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Well those may be the irresponsible lazy ones. l have told you guys, Nigerians are in Niger, Chad and Yemen, some are hardworking and others are criminals, this doesn't mean Nigerians care about Chad or Yemen. Just bundle the criminals and arrest them or you can at least make a careful screening of the type of people going into your country if that suits you.
We are.And the results have been shocking.Your people are basically almost all criminals.
If they did not care about those nations,they would not be there.
Kenyans care about Uganda and Rwanda (our brothers as we call them)and to some extent South Africa.You will find Kenyans in all three.You will very rarely hear of Kenyan criminals in any of the three nations mentioned.
Kenya has a positive reputation across East Africa and Southern Africa.
Nigerians are seen as trash.Drugs and fake currency in Kenya.Both vices plus human traficking in South Africa.
Kenyans have no such reputation anywhere!!

5 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 15, 2018
samsobo24:
Be your self and stop mentioning Nigeria,is that what interests you, when a state in Nigeria is constructing an airport city, constructing seaports, dry port,international airport, building power plants
You mean the state which is also exporting slaves to Libya??

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanna: 3:48pm On Feb 15, 2018
GERALD710:

1.Swahili here
2.Mombasa is on the railway.
3 The people of Central Kenya can hardly be described as liberal .After all the religious establishments are practically stuffed with them and have been so since the colonial era.Same to the Rift Valley.Rachel Ruto is no liberal.Central Kenya has never been liberal.The Swahili coast is more liberal than the Victorians that inhabit Nyeri and Muranga counties especially.
4.Maasais consider themselves very Kenyan.On fact they have given us half the names on this country.
5.Some of the most avowed Secularists are Somalis from Northern Kenya. Ahmednassir,Issak Hassan and Yusuf Hajj are no conservatives.Neither is any Borana or Gabbra leader from Marsabit!!!.
6.What we need is a moderate revolution .Conservatism is dead.Liberalism is Communism rebranded.
You are a neo nazi in disguise.

Finally someone I can have a proper debate with. Sasa mjadala kweli ianze. Nilikuwa ninacheza cheza na wale vifaranga tu.

1. Neo-nazi? Not every anti-communist in the conservative Right is a Nazi. My God, this Nazi label is thrown at anyone who is against cultural-marxist propaganda.

2. So if you have written off conservativism and liberalism what direction will this moderate revolution take. At least you admit the status quo cannot be allowed to continue but will moderation be enough to counteract the massive efforts of ultra-leftist NGOs and feminist organizations.

3. Yes Central is still conservative but I still consider the Swahili to be more conservative. The Edwardians of Kiambu alone cancel out all the Victorian efforts of Muranga and Nyeri.

4. You seem to be focusing only on the religious-secular dynamic. I am also talking about how much effort communities put in preserving their traditional values, traditional poetry, music art, morality, family values, gender roles etc Look at how much your Swahili value their poets. You people are so much more cultured and self-aware wacha kujifanya.

5. Come on mtu wangu northern pastoral counties are extremely conservative. Our media always refer to Marsabit, Isiolo and Samburu as conservative counties before they start any article, the word conservative has become synonymous with those counties. Somali counties you know very well are ultraconservative, are we really going to go there bruv. You only mentioned secular somali individuals. This is not about individuals.

6. There are towns and places with Maasai names....is that the best argument you could use? Those names are nothing but a painful reminder of how much land they have lost. Its not like they gave us those names as loving gifts. During the shifta wars there were also many places and towns with Somali names.
You just can't deny everything I say just for the sake of arguing.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 4:28pm On Feb 15, 2018
GERALD710:

We are.And the results have been shocking.Your people are basically almost all criminals.
If they did not care about those nations,they would not be there.
Kenyans care about Uganda and Rwanda (our brothers as we call them)and to some extent South Africa.You will find Kenyans in all three.You will very rarely hear of Kenyan criminals in any of the three nations mentioned.
Kenya has a positive reputation across East Africa and Southern Africa.
Nigerians are seen as trash.Drugs and fake currency in Kenya.Both vices plus human traficking in South Africa.
Kenyans have no such reputation anywhere!!
lf you don't want them deport them, don't even allow Nigerians into your country anymore, l promise you we wouldn't care so much about it. We may just abuse you guys online and promise to do same and that would be it, but if America, England or Germany does that to us, we would grieve deeply and it would be news for years, hope you get me now?

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 7:32pm On Feb 15, 2018
Guys lets avoid abusive words, we all love our countries and we all want the best... Lets keep sharing positive vibes, we will all learn one or two from each other.

Kenyanna I know Kenya we are tribal but not to your extent.. Man you are aspecial case.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanna: 8:29pm On Feb 15, 2018
Some nobody with no debating skills mentioning me to virtue signal his imagined moral superiority telling me I am special as if me posting on a forum is more shockingly special than Kenyans burning alive people of opposing tribe in a church. If you can not argue with the points directly do not mention me sideways to indicate to others how politically correct you are.
I will remind you that the only reason Kenya has lasted this long is because of Pax Americana. Otherwise 90% of fake African states starting with Nigeria, Ethiopia and Kenya would have long broken up. If you are too naive to see this because of your najivunia blinkers too bad. Sitawabembeleza. Whether you like it or not in 15-20 years USA will not be able to police the world and maintain the international status quo. The slate will be wiped clean again.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 7:52am On Feb 16, 2018
The Lagos State government has said it will inject about N200 billion ($500 million) into Ilubirin Housing Estate’s new model plan. Commissioner for Housing, Mr. Gbolahan Lawal, addressed reporters yesterday on government’s plan to further develop the estate.He said the government was putting massive infrastructure in the project forresidential and commercial uses.Lawal said the government alone couldnot handle the project, adding that it will be executed under the Public Private Partnership (PPP) arrangement.He said: “Towards the completion of Ilubirin Housing Estate, approval was granted for its remodelling from hitherto purely residential into a mixed development of residential, commercialand leisure through PPP.”The commissioner said the government, in partnership with private developers, would build 20,000 housingunits in the next five years under the Lagos Affordable Public Housing (LAPH).He said the various estates, under Jubilee Housing, would be situated at Ijora, Badiya, Imota, Ayobo, Idale (Badagry), Ilamoye–Isolo, Abijo, Tolu (Ajegunle), Abule-Ado, Ikota, Ibeshe, Owutu and Igbogbo.Lawal said the government’s Rent-to-Own and rental housing policies had provided opportunities for Lagos residents, irrespective of status, income and affiliations, to access decent shelter.He said: “Under the Rent-To-Own policy,individuals are required to pay only fiveper cent of the cost of the housing unit as the commitment fee while the balance is spread over 10 years.”The commissioner said the policy allows allottees to live in the property while paying to own them at a fixed rent spread over 10 years.According to him, over 500 people havebenefitted from the scheme out of the 4,355 units.Lawal said: “It should be emphasised that the Rent-To-Own policy is for everyresident of Lagos State, irrespective of the state of origin, profession, gender, religion and status; as long as the applicant is 21 years old and meet the requirements.”

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 12:08pm On Feb 16, 2018
Jay254:
Guys lets avoid abusive words, we all love our countries and we all want the best... Lets keep sharing positive vibes, we will all learn one or two from each other.

Kenyanna I know Kenya we are tribal but not to your extent.. Man you are aspecial case.

He is not Kenyan or Nigerian. He is a bitter frustrated Tanzanian who goes by the moniker Geza Ulole and his sole purpose is to tarnish Kenyans online. Ask anyone who frequents skyscrapercity or mashada forums.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 12:42pm On Feb 16, 2018
The UAV, which is capable of day and night operations, has an operational endurance in excess of10 hours, a service ceiling of 15,000 feet and a mission radius of 100km. It has a maximum take-off weight of 95kg and its payload is an electro-optic/infra-red camera system.

In his remarks at the induction ceremony, the Special Guest of Honour, President Muhammadu Buhari, commended the NAF under the leadership of Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar for his determination and unwavering commitment to Research and Development (R&grin).He added that the attainment of the technological featis an indication that Nigeria has the needed potential to surmount other technological needs. The President noted that UAVs are an essential feature of modern armed forces.

He therefore considered it most gratifying that the NAF had gone a step further from simply acquiring them, to developing indigenous technology to produce them.“Indeed, this outstanding accomplishment holds promise of both military and economic benefit to the nation. From the military perspective, the added capacity for ISR provided by Tsaigumi UAV would undoubtedly boost ongoing and future security operations”, the President added.

The President noted that as soon as the NAF UAV project moves into the next stage of mass production, it would create employment opportunities and generate revenue as Nigeria’s first military export product. While urging the NAF to strive for greater innovation, President Buhari promised that the Federal Government would continue to provide the needed support, for the benefit of the nation.

The President then urged State governments, ministries, departments and agencies to acquire the NAF UAV as required.In his welcome address, the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar reiterated the commitment of the NAF to R&grin so as to develop unprecedented capacity to surmount current and emerging security challenges.The CAS explained that the newly produced Tsaigumi UAV possesses certain salient physical and performance parameters, which position it as an efficient tool for curbing Internal Security challenges

The CAS posited that history and modern experience attest to the role of the military in bringing about innovations that have revolutionized not just warfare capability but human capacity as a whole.“Indeed, many of the technologies that enhance human life and safety today emerged from R&grin; radar, jet engines, satellite tracking, digital photography, Internet and others”, the CAS added.

According to the CAS, today’s feat would have been impossible if not for the unflinching financial support that the Service has continued to receive from the Federal Government. Air Marshal Abubakar added that the NAF would not rest on its oars regarding R&grin. Accordingly, having achieved enhanced ISR capability, the next step for the NAF is to perfect the development of another UAV nicknamed “Ichoku”, which would be the first indigenous Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle (UCAV).

The President who was highly impressed with the innovation later unveiled the UAV to the delight of invited guests. He was thereafter led on a guided tour of other recent and ongoing NAF R&grin projects, which were on display. The projects included the Mi-Helicopter Gunship’s Hydraulic Accumulator Diaphragm, SB Abubakar Aviation Power Pack, Unmanned Ground Vehicle and F4 Rocket Launcher Heat Shield Cone. Also on display was NAFSA Eagle Aircraft, an 8-passenger multi role aircraft that was locally designed and being manufactured at the Air Force Research and Development Centre to fulfil a variety of roles in the NAF.I
t would be recalled that the NAF overtime has developed the capacity of its personnel across different facets of aerospace engineering.

These trained engineers in collaboration with other organizations and institutions, both home and abroad, have worked assiduously to improve NAF operations through design, development and innovation.

It is through these efforts that the NAF aerospace engineers successfully produced the indigenous operational Tsaigumi UAV.

The event was witnessed by several senior government officials and political leaders, one of who was His Excellency, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, the Executive Governor of Kaduna State. Governor El-Rufai immediately expressed the willingness and readiness of Kaduna State to procure some Tsaigumi UAV from the NAF, once available.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanna: 12:50pm On Feb 16, 2018
Gossiping about me like saloon hairstylists bado. I have been called a Nigerian, chokora, NRM ojinga, a Nazi, now I am a Tanzanian, what's next illuminati? I think I am done with this thread. Bye. Keep your focus on me trying to figure who I am and ignore Kenya's deep problems. Burry those empty ugali heads under the sand fellas, what else are ostriches good for anyway.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 16, 2018
hihi

no one cares about this bloke.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 2:26pm On Feb 16, 2018
TayserMahiri:
hihi

no one cares about this bloke.

He is as transparent as a juvenile sardine. He should keep his frustrations in that communist backwater that is Tanzania.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 16, 2018
gallivant:

He is as transparent as a juvenile sardine. He should keep his frustrations in that communist backwater that is Tanzania.

I've noticed a handful of dedicated and highly motivated Tanzanians who maraud the internet trash talking everything Kenyan. Much like the Somali trolls you'll find in every youtube video that has the tag "Kenya".
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 2:49pm On Feb 16, 2018
Naijjans,how are your teachers paid? I couldn't get a single definitive source:
An analysis of the implementation schedule that was signed on Friday between the Teachers Service Commission (TSC) and union leaders indicate that, a teacher in administrative position currently taking home Sh16, 692 as basic salary will earn Sh62,272 at the end of four years.

Chief principals currently in Job Group R (D5) in the first phase will earn an increase of Sh3,432, second phase Sh4577 while in third phase they will get Sh4,719.

The lowest paid chief principal who currently earns Sh109,089 will now get Sh131,380 an increase of Sh22,291,” indicates the plan.
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/education/Teacher-administrators-reap-big-from-new-salaries-deal-/2643604-3975000-n2rtcg/index.html

Fyi 1 shs is 3.60 naira.

Can anyone give us a comparison?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 16, 2018
kikuyu1:
Naijjans,how are your teachers paid? I couldn't get a single definitive source: ....

Fyi 1 shs is 3.60 naira.

Can anyone give us a comparison?
Na Wa o...... so, u're still on this dick-measurement??

Well, I checked ur source n found out that most of the salaries increased are for the administrative teachers.

Teachers salaries varies in Nigeria, depending on what sector d teacher teaches ( private or public ). The new minimum wage in Nigeria is #56,000 but teachers n doctors will earn more than this.

Again, 1ksh=#3.60 doesn't work in this context cos both currency has diff purchasing power, the cost of goods in Kenya is diff from the cost in naija.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by aumeehn: 4:52pm On Feb 16, 2018
shervydman:

Na Wa o...... so, u're still on this dick-measurement??

Well, I checked ur source n found out that most of the salaries increased are for the administrative teachers.

Teachers salaries varies in Nigeria, depending on what sector d teacher teaches ( private or public ). The new minimum wage in Nigeria is #56,000 but teachers n doctors will earn more than this.

Again, 1ksh=#3.60 doesn't work in this context cos both currency has diff purchasing power, the cost of goods in Kenya is diff from the cost in naija.
Guy 56k minimum wage for Naija kikiki i laugh in Hausa, oga no de lie to hungry foreigners! If you want to lie better lie to people that are better than u! Lie to The Americans Germans or the Turks not some hungry Kenyans! How much bankers sef de collect! Oga 56k minimum wage! Maybe not in Naija for this buhari regime wey people dey suffer you are here telling lies! Smh!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 16, 2018
aumeehn:
Guy 56k minimum wage for Naija kikiki i laugh in Hausa, oga no de lie to hungry foreigners! If you want to lie better lie to people that are better than u! Lie to The Americans Germans or the Turks not some hungry Kenyans! How much bankers sef de collect! Oga 56k minimum wage! Maybe not in Naija for this buhari regime wey people dey suffer you are here telling lies! Smh!
Oga, if u don't know what's happening in ur country, don't disturb me, I wouldn't know that #56K sounds like a mili to u, abi?? Well, go n check what's happening at d ministry of labour.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/56000-new-minimum-wage-nass-ready-waiting-executive-saraki/amp/
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by aumeehn: 8:10pm On Feb 16, 2018
shervydman:

Oga, if u don't know what's happening in ur country, don't disturb me, I wouldn't know that #56K sounds like a mili to u, abi?? Well, go n check what's happening at d ministry of labour.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/56000-new-minimum-wage-nass-ready-waiting-executive-saraki/amp/

i dont have to prove to you anything, but this is a lie, guy there's nothing like 56k minimum wage in Nigeria, you read it on paper shey? Thats where it belong to, it was written on a paper and it stays there! I think you also the snake and the 36m story! Wake up you are in Nigeria!!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 16, 2018
aumeehn:
i dont have to prove to you anything, but this is a lie, guy there's nothing like 56k minimum wage in Nigeria, you read it on paper shey? Thats where it belong to, it was written on a paper and it stays there! I think you also the snake and the 36m story! Wake up you are in Nigeria!!
Those emboldened statements thou..... I don't think I have time for NL dick-heads.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 11:51pm On Feb 16, 2018
gallivant:

He is not Kenyan or Nigerian. He is a bitter frustrated Tanzanian who goes by the moniker Geza Ulole and his sole purpose is to tarnish Kenyans online. Ask anyone who frequents skyscrapercity or mashada forums.

Aaahhh I know this guy... His hate for Kenya is another level.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 1:29pm On Feb 17, 2018
GERALD710:

Nigerians do not care about Kenya yet thousands of you are here pimping drugs and committing online fraud??
How many Kenyans are in Nigeria?
Any Kenyan crimminal in West Africa??
None!!
permit me to tell you this. I'm sorry,its a backward and shallow thinking from you and Kenyans in diaspora.
If Nigerians are bad,well Nigerians are also flourishing every where.
You are makng it sound like as if the whole of your population are saints.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 3:04pm On Feb 17, 2018
So Kenya are among the countries that bid to host the 2019 FIFA U-17 world cup
grin grin ... Interesting....
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanna: 4:42pm On Feb 17, 2018
gallivant:
He should keep his frustrations in that communist backwater that is Tanzania.
You really are a soft-skulled mental toddler. If I was a Tanzanian who hates Kenya why would I defend Kenyans by repeatedly emphasizing you are the vocal minority. Shouldn't I be saying we all think like you morons.
Your ugali brain saw the word communist and the only thing your rotting neurotransmitters could think of is Tanzania.
Instead of responding to my ethering of your stupid ideology, you scatter around here like a cheeky scared mouse engaging in ad hominem and theorizing who I am.
How many Tanzanians even speak English anyway?
Kĩhĩĩ gĩkĩ, tiga wana!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 17, 2018
Kenyanna:
Some nobody with no debating skills mentioning me to virtue signal his imagined moral superiority telling me I am special as if me posting on a forum is more shockingly special than Kenyans burning alive people of opposing tribe in a church. If you can not argue with the points directly do not mention me sideways to indicate to others how politically correct you are.
I will remind you that the only reason Kenya has lasted this long is because of Pax Americana. Otherwise 90% of fake African states starting with Nigeria, Ethiopia and Kenya would have long broken up. If you are too naive to see this because of your najivunia blinkers too bad. Sitawabembeleza. Whether you like it or not in 15-20 years USA will not be able to police the world and maintain the international status quo. The slate will be wiped clean again.
What makes Ethiopia a fake nation? It was primarily built by Ethiopians themselves.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanna: 5:32pm On Feb 17, 2018
Hati13:

What makes Ethiopia a fake nation? It was primarily built by Ethiopians themselves.
Okay forgive my language there, I will admit I was 50/50 about including Ethiopia. The problem with ethio is that the old empire overextended into nilotic and somali territory mostly as a deterrence to European expansion.
Plus the language problem? If your earlier leaders had the foresight Oromo should have been the national language. Would have been better for national cohesion.
You guys are too ethno-nationalistic.
Rember Eritrea was the first nation to manage to break away from OAU mandates and restrictions.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 5:46pm On Feb 17, 2018
Kenyanna:

You really are a soft-skulled mental toddler. If I was a Tanzanian who hates Kenya why would I defend Kenyans by repeatedly emphasizing you are the vocal minority. Shouldn't I be saying we all think like you morons.
Your ugali brain saw the word communist and the only thing your rotting neurotransmitters could think of is Tanzania.
Instead of responding to my ethering of your stupid ideology, you scatter around here like a cheeky scared mouse engaging in ad hominem and theorizing who I am.
How many Tanzanians even speak English anyway?
Kĩhĩĩ gĩkĩ, tiga wana!

I don't know. Why don't you tell us?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 7:14pm On Feb 17, 2018
Danielnino00:
So Kenya are among the countries that bid to host the 2019 FIFA U-17 world cup

grin grin ... Interesting....
don't tell me its true
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Feb 17, 2018
Kenyanna:

Okay forgive my language there, I will admit I was 50/50 about including Ethiopia. The problem with ethio is that the old empire overextended into nilotic and somali territory mostly as a deterrence to European expansion.
Plus the language problem? If your earlier leaders had the foresight Oromo should have been the national language. Would have been better for national cohesion.
You guys are too ethno-nationalistic.
Rember Eritrea was the first nation to manage to break away from OAU mandates and restrictions.
I agree on your first paragraph, but some of those territories were part of Ethiopia in ancient and medieval times, were just re-united. Actually Ethiopia had a plan to expand further (even into interior Kenya). Here are some of the statements from emperor Menelik II letter to Queen Victoria,
"If God graciously grants me life and strength, to re-establish the ancient frontiers of Ethiopia as far as Khartoum and Lake Nyanza (Lake Victoria), with all the Galla (Oromo). If powers at a distance (Europeans) come forward to partition Africa between themselves, I do not intend to be an indifferent spectator."

Why should past Ethiopian rulers make Oromo the national language when most Ethiopians were speaking Amaregn? Oromo only largely came to Ethiopia in 16th century. They then laid waste to Ethiopia between 16th and 19th century.

Eritrea has relatively good relations with Arab than any other. I think this is the reason why they quit OAU and joined Arab League.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanna: 7:43pm On Feb 17, 2018
Hati13:

I agree on your first paragraph, but some of those territories were part of Ethiopia in ancient and medieval times, were just re-united. Actually Ethiopia had a plan to expand further (even into interior Kenya). Here are some of the statements from emperor Menelik II letter to Queen Victoria,
"If God graciously grants me life and strength, to re-establish the ancient frontiers of Ethiopia as far as Khartoum and Lake Nyanza (Lake Victoria), with all the Galla (Oromo). If powers at a distance (Europeans) come forward to partition Africa between themselves, I do not intend to be an indifferent spectator."

Why should past Ethiopian rulers make Oromo the national language when most Ethiopians were speaking Amaregn? Oromo only largely came to Ethiopia in 16th century. They then laid waste to Ethiopia between 16th and 19th century.

Eritrea has relatively good relations with Arab than any other. I think this is the reason why they quit OAU and joined Arab League.
I have heard many speak this way about Oromos, so do you still want to share a nation with Oromos today?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanna: 7:51pm On Feb 17, 2018
Edit
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 17, 2018
Kenyanna:

I have heard many speak this way about Oromos, so do you still want to share a nation with Oromos today?
Yes I want. I've some Oromo friends and relatives I care about. But I'm against some of the narrow minded Oromo.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 11:54pm On Feb 17, 2018
samsobo24:
don't tell me its true

Its true oo.. Rwanda and Singapore are their major competitors though...

(1) (2) (3) ... (1608) (1609) (1610) (1611) (1612) (1613) (1614) ... (9933)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.