Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,396 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1946) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6203598 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1943) (1944) (1945) (1946) (1947) (1948) (1949) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 8:12pm On Jun 21, 2018
nyaber334:
grin
my nig's you need more power than the entire west africa produces to run steel mills economically,
something close to southafrica's power output ,even they would be struggling.

Nigeria already runs several steel mills
same with South Africa... ur point?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 8:15pm On Jun 21, 2018
Daejoyoung:
From this report, Lagos alone has more tech hubs than all of Kenya, with 31 techhubs' to Kenya's 30.

Lagos population is 10 times that of Nairobi. Statistically, you are still lagging behind. Good day.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 8:17pm On Jun 21, 2018
nwoke37:

Nigeria already runs several steel mills
same with South Africa... ur point?

How can honestly say that when Nigeria doesn't have enough power for cooking food? You are not in South Africa's level on power output and consumption.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nyaber334: 8:18pm On Jun 21, 2018
darfay:

No be only Aviation hub, with this kiosk below

we are very proud of our 'kiosk' ,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 8:20pm On Jun 21, 2018
nwoke37:

Estimates are at 5 million to 10 million tonnes per year(yes, some sources say 1 million) ... If you watch the aljazeera video, it says 10 million metric tonnes per year...
But the power supply issue you mentioned were taken into consideration when the plant was built... as well as rail.. and the iron ore to be used..
I also believe Ajakouta doesn't have an electric arc furnace... It has a blast furnace that utilizes coking coal to power it
... do your research well

Did you watch the aljazeera video??

The thing is not operational even after a decade and 10s of billions wasted. I think you should welcome back to reality!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 8:24pm On Jun 21, 2018
gallivant:

Lagos population is 10 times that of Nairobi. Statistically, you are still lagging behind. Good day.
Where did l mention Nairobi? l said all of Kenya.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 8:25pm On Jun 21, 2018
gallivant:

The thing is not operational even after a decade and 10s of billions wasted. I think you should welcome back to reality!

That's the whole point, it isn't operational... The Nigerian government wants to get it operational...

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 8:31pm On Jun 21, 2018
gallivant:

How can honestly say that when Nigeria doesn't have enough power for cooking food? You are not in South Africa's level on power output and consumption.

As of 2015, Nigeria had about 20 functional steel mills... Dangote also has a steel mill

https://www.proshareng.com/news/Commodities/Nigeria-now-has-21-functional-steel-mills---See-Distribution/25792
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 8:39pm On Jun 21, 2018
nwoke37:
I remember asking my father if Nigeria got its independence too early... He told me Nigeria would have been worse if we got independence later... He mentioned how the politicians are more corrupt now than during the time of Nigeria's independence wherein those leaders worked together for Nigeria's development/independence...

He also mentioned that the current politicians we have now are even willing to sell Nigeria if they have the chance... He kept on repeating that there is no hope for Nigeria.. cry cry

I later mused over my father's words...
I realized our politicians have in fact been selling Nigeria bit by bit... Because of corruption, we have poor power supply, substandard roads, un- regular water supply, poor education facilities, poor health facilities, etc..
Without those facilities you can't attract jobs(both domestic and foreign)... so we have high rates of poverty... And because of high rates of poverty we have high rates of insecurity...

What I know is that once oil ceases to become a major thing in our world, Nigeria would cease to exist as a nation, if corruption isn't massively tackled..

I hope one day Nigeria proves my father wrong, that there's hope for Nigeria

Do you think corruption levels in Nigeria would have been reduced if we maintained our regional system of government?
The civil war was what brought about the disaster we are facing in Nigeria today in my opinion.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 9:15pm On Jun 21, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Where did l mention Nairobi? l said all of Kenya.

I see, how many tech hubs are in Kano?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 9:19pm On Jun 21, 2018
gallivant:

There are tech hubs in Jos, PortHarcourt, Enugu, etc. In all making a total of 55 in Nigeria, dunno about Kano though.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 9:20pm On Jun 21, 2018
gallivant:

South Africa maintained the lead with 59 hubs up from 54 indicated in last year’s report. However, Nigeria is fast closing the gap. The number of tech hubs in Nigeria jumped from 23 to 55 by close of 2016 and 2017 respectively. To sum up the top 5, Egypt, Kenya and Morocco each clocked 33, 30 and 25 tech hubs respectively

From the report.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 9:22pm On Jun 21, 2018
nwoke37:

That's the whole point, it isn't operational... The Nigerian government wants to get it operational...

Why isn't it operational after decades? That's the underlying issue.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 9:28pm On Jun 21, 2018
Daejoyoung:

There are tech hubs in Jos, PortHarcourt, Enugu, etc. In all making a total of 55 in Nigeria, dunno about Kano though.

Yet you are comparing Nigeria's total tech hubs to just those in Nairobi. I smell desperation. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 9:29pm On Jun 21, 2018
gallivant:

Why isn't it operational after decades? That's the underlying issue.

corruption...
That's also the answer to most questions if not all on why Nigeria is doing poorly
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 9:36pm On Jun 21, 2018
gallivant:

Yet you are comparing Nigeria's total tech hubs to just those in Nairobi. I smell desperation. grin
lol, where did l mention Nairobi? There are two things involved, it is either...
1) You lack good vision or
2) You are just a troll.

l compared Lagos(not Nigeria) to Kenya(not Nairobi), or is Narobi the only county in Kenya? or maybe it's the only county with tech hubs in the entire Kenya, if so then l think l wasted my time comparing Kenya to Lagos even.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 10:04pm On Jun 21, 2018
Daejoyoung:

lol, where did l mention Nairobi? There are two things involved, it is either...
2) You are just a troll.

l compared Lagos(not Nigeria) to Kenya(not Nairobi), or is Narobi the only county in Kenya? or maybe it's the only county with tech hubs in the entire Kenya, if so then l think l wasted my time comparing Kenya to Lagos even.

I could also say Nairobi has almost as much tech hubs as Nigeria. Nairobi has 30, Nigeria has 31. What's your point? (Remember Nigeria is 50 times bigger than Nairobi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 10:06pm On Jun 21, 2018
NairobiWalker:

I could also say Nairobi has almost as much tech hubs as Nigeria. Nairobi has 30, Nigeria has 31. What's your point? (Remember Nigeria is 50 times bigger than Nairobi.

He is an idiot, simple.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 10:07pm On Jun 21, 2018
NairobiWalker:

Lagos has 31, Nigeria has 55, Kenya has 30. l dunno how many Nairobi have out of that 30.
Gosh, is it that Kenyans can't read or they all have eyefever on this thread?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 10:08pm On Jun 21, 2018
Daejoyoung:

2) You are just a troll.

Bla bla bla, an idiot will remain an idiot.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 10:09pm On Jun 21, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Lagos has 31, Nigeria has 55, Kenya has 30. l dunno how many Nairobi has out of that 30.

Bring us your source place.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 10:11pm On Jun 21, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Lagos has 31, Nigeria has 55, Kenya has 30. l dunno how many Nairobi has out of that 30.

We know you don't know. You are an ignorant Nigerian loudmouth. It's in your genes.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 10:11pm On Jun 21, 2018
gallivant:

He is an idiot, simple.

One thing I've realized about these guys is, they love making comparisons between Lagos which is their economic capital to the whole of Kenya to make it look like Lagos is far ahead. They think we are idiots like them. Economic capitals have a disproportional higher concentration of wealth than the rest of the country. Same way comparing Nairobi to the whole of Nigeria will make it look like we are far ahead.

All in all, even if we were to assume his numbers are correct, we still beat them considering They're four times our population with less than twice our number in tech-hubs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:43am On Jun 22, 2018
obaaderemi:
Ghana and Kenya are small countries. One is 27m and the other is 50m. Plus the fact that in spite of these relatively small populations, their countries are still not doing very well. That's double jeopardy. They are inconsequential and still poor. I think that's what irks them. Nigeria is also not doing well but at least it is not inconsequential and it's economy is believed to be Africa's biggest, even higher that. South Africa. So, if you had followed the narrative of our Little Indian brothers especially, you would notice they keep harping on GDP, GDP.. That tells us that's where the pain lies. If you are from a $70bn economy with widespread poverty, you would understand. Someone referred me to a Tanzanian forum and I was surprised to see so many Kenyans there arguing hotly with the Tanzanians about almost everything and nothing. It's their attitude and character to be petty and insecure. I feel it has to do with the fact that they were placed low in their own country during colonisation, below whites, Arabs and Indians. That damaged their psyche and developed in them an unworthy timidity that makes them laid-back in nature and angry at other Africans who are confident and brash.
1.Kenya has a lower poverty rate than Nigeria.
2.Kenya's verion of poverty is not driving hundreds of thousands of Kenyans to risk crossing the Mediterranean like Nigerian poverty is.
3. Again with economic size!!!You do not even have a national healthcare scheme(because your scheme severs 450,000 Nigerians) stable power supply or access to safe water and you brag about economic size??
4.Tanzanians have an inferiority complex.Ask Dagonte how his investments there are going.They will be nationalized in a few years.
5.Last I checked, Kenyans are seen as confident inEast Africa, we are however not seen as arrogant .Nor are we seen as cyber criminals, drug dealers, human trafickers and organ harvesters.All those apply to one nation and one nation only.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:48am On Jun 22, 2018
NairobiWalker:

One thing I've realized about these guys is, they love making comparisons between Lagos which is their economic capital to the whole of Kenya to make it look like Lagos is far ahead. They think we are idiots like them. Economic capitals have a disproportional higher concentration of wealth than the rest of the country. Same way comparing Nairobi to the whole of Nigeria will make it look like we are far ahead.

All in all, even if we were to assume his numbers are correct, we still beat them considering They're four times our population with less than twice our number in tech-hubs.

It's very difficult trying to explain to illiterates . Lagos this lagos that don't forget lagos is one of the worst cities in the world. Empty vessels make the most noise

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 22, 2018
GERALD710:

1.Kenya has a lower poverty rate than Nigeria.
2.Kenya's verion of poverty is not driving hundreds of thousands of Kenyans to risk crossing the Mediterranean like Nigerian poverty is.
3. Again with economic size!!!You do not even have a national healthcare scheme(because your scheme severs 450,000 Nigerians) stable power supply or access to safe water and you brag about economic size??
4.Tanzanians have an inferiority complex.Ask Dagonte how his investments there are going.They will be nationalized in a few years.
5.Last I checked, Kenyans are seen as confident inEast Africa, we are however not seen as arrogant .Nor are we seen as cyber criminals, drug dealers, human trafickers and organ harvesters.All those apply to one nation and one nation only.

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 8:15am On Jun 22, 2018
Kenya infrastructure

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 8:29am On Jun 22, 2018
Nairobi

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 8:33am On Jun 22, 2018

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 8:36am On Jun 22, 2018

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 8:37am On Jun 22, 2018

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 8:40am On Jun 22, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (1943) (1944) (1945) (1946) (1947) (1948) (1949) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.