Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6205840 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:00am On Apr 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Ethiopian girls should be the main tourist attraction to your country wink

hehe
now i think so
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:04am On Apr 25, 2017
AND THIS IS HOW THE FIGHT BETWEEN THE NATIONS ENDED

THANK GOD
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:10am On Apr 25, 2017
Ednite:

THANK GOD

Ethiopia helped resolve this?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:15am On Apr 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Ethiopia helped resolve this?

sure
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:29am On Apr 25, 2017
Ednite:

not even single
hmmmm, why is that?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:33am On Apr 25, 2017
Ednite:

THANK GOD
there was neva a fight
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 2:35am On Apr 25, 2017
uzzyfire:
do u know Nigerians in Ethiopia
Why would Nigerians go to Ethiopia undecided.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 2:40am On Apr 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

And how many have died?
Starvation in Nigeria is because of insurgency and the money that was supposed to be used for IDP CAMPS was looted shocked. Imagine. Nigerian politicians have no shame. There was a country
BTW isn't Kenya experiencing horrific drought?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 2:42am On Apr 25, 2017
uzzyfire:
wow, its cool to talk to an Ethiopian for once and not these Kenyans and ghanains
Oga, they keep coming because they know that we will fight and argue with them as its our nature. If we didn't reply they wouldn't argue, but Nigerians can't take insults, even when they are right cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 2:45am On Apr 25, 2017
Just30:
you've already started looking for another country to do comparison with
Looking for someone to make you feel good about your country grin grin
The irony is that Ghana has a very small population and has had a stable government way longer than Nigeria, but it still is hardly better than Nigeria except for light (which according to my Ghanaian friends hasn't been stable as recently). A Ghanaian trying to shade Nigeria just looks foolish
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 2:49am On Apr 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

I think you guys used to isolate yourselves from other East Africans.
Many Horn Africans do not see themselves as the same people with other East africans. If not for the political instability of Somalia, i doubt that Somalis would have ever thought of migrating and interracting with other non-horn Africans.

Infact sorry to say, i and many other SubSaharan Africans probably do not see you guys as part of us. You guys seem like you are in a world or continent of your own just like the North Africans.

Ethiopians are less racist than the others Its the Somalis that are the problem not Ethiopians
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 2:52am On Apr 25, 2017
Ednite:

The thing you've raised here is realllly important, it's a talk worth to create a topic about. You guys not seeing us as a part of you is also a challange to us. But Norh Africans and Ethiopians are very different. North Africans isolated getting themselves closer to Arabs but Ethiopians isolated just being not part of Arabs. I think we were isolated because we rule ourselves by what we've created. Our own calendar, own time counting system, historical influence ( not being colonized) and most of all, a language we only use but not others. A language is a big door for communication, which we have lost to the rest of the world.

I have a question to ask to you and anyone in here

if you can't view us as Africans, ( which we are) then how do you view us?
Ethiopia was occupied by Italy the weakest European Nation for a few years until the British came and helpedout. Ethiopians need to stop with this not being colonized bs as the only reason they weren't occupied longer is because European Nations didn't see anything truly valuable with Ethiopia and Haile Salassie played European Nations against each other. The Ashanti of Government fought for way longer against the British before they succumbed
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 3:02am On Apr 25, 2017
Ednite:

it still surprizes me how we still use amharic while it not is not an international language and plus only spoken in ET. Under globalization, many things are going to change, you're right. And with the 'Egypt' thing, nice try, but they don't speak amharic at all. But I recently figured out that Ethiopia have once ruled Egypt. We had also put Yemen and Saudi Arabia under control btw. Amharic have lots of words which are arabic and sounds a bit arabic when spoken. We have cultures shared with these Arabic ppl
When did Ethiopia rule Egypt? I have never heard this, only about Yemen and Saudi Arabia. It would make sense if Empires like Abysannia traded with Egypt but rule? Since you are Ethiopian living in Ethiopia I have so many questions! How is the political stability of Ethiopia now with the Oromo uprisings? Do you think the Tigray dictatorship will ever end? How much is China entrenching itself in Ethiopia? Where can I get traditional Ethioopian Coptic clothing?How does the mess with Ogaden loook like right now? What do Ethiopians want to do with the river issue with Egypt? How are Ethiopians faring with the recent drought? Why don't people talk about the attrocious things Haile Selassie did? Why are horners so fixated on bantus and features?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:05am On Apr 25, 2017
fanficgirl:

Ethiopia was occupied by Italy the weakest European Nation for a few years until the British came and helpedout. Ethiopians need to stop with this not being colonized bs as the only reason they weren't occupied longer is because European Nations didn't see anything truly valuable with Ethiopia and Haile Salassie played European Nations against each other. The Ashanti of Government fought for way longer against the British before they succumbed

the weakest European nation? huh? why are you so much trying to drop our strength? If you'd strong force. . .why not throw Britain away? Majority you today is British you know. . .starting from your official language.

See nothing from Ethiopia?
a historical book is your enemy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:10am On Apr 25, 2017
fanficgirl:

When did Ethiopia rule Egypt? I have never heard this, only about Yemen and Saudi Arabia. It would make sense if Empires like Abysannia traded with Egypt but rule? Since you are Ethiopian living in Ethiopia I have so many questions! How is the political stability of Ethiopia now with the Oromo uprisings? Do you think the Tigray dictatorship will ever end? How much is China entrenching itself in Ethiopia? Where can I get traditional Ethioopian Coptic clothing?How does the mess with Ogaden loook like right now? What do Ethiopians want to do with the river issue with Egypt? How are Ethiopians faring with the recent drought? Why don't people talk about the attrocious things Haile Selassie did? Why are horners so fixated on bantus and features?

in Egypt, in the pyramids written in hiroglaphics, Ethiopians ruler names are written taken as ruler of Egypt, understand?

The china and famine thing is something many African countries are dealing with now. Don't just point your finger on us

wait a sec. . .where you from?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:14am On Apr 25, 2017
uzzyfire:
hmmmm, why is that?

maybe it's just where am at, not place where they usually stay in
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 3:14am On Apr 25, 2017
Ednite:

the weakest European nation? huh? why are you so much trying to drop our strength? If you'd strong force. . .why not throw Britain away? Majority you today is British you know. . .starting from your official language.

See nothing from Ethiopia?
a historical book is your enemy
I meant in terms of natural resources as Ethiopia is very desert like. My dear, the British were the strongest European power and West African Kingdoms were divided. I'm not even Ghanaian but Nigerian but I can marvel over their fight cool. Northern Nigerian resisted the British very long until the British cut a deal with them in being able to rule over Nigeria. You can't rewrite history dear, tell me where I am wrong? Italy was already weakened. Sure Ethiopians fought withstanding Arial attacks and they fought bravely, but if the British hadn't came
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 3:19am On Apr 25, 2017
Ednite:

in Egypt, in the pyramids written in hiroglaphics, Ethiopians ruler names are written taken as ruler of Egypt, understand?

The china and famine thing is something many African countries are dealing with now. Don't just point your finger on us

wait a sec. . .where you from?
I wasn't pointing a figure at you? i know this is a huge issue with many African Nations like Kenya and Nigeria (though ours isn't because of famine but corrupt rulers). It amazes me how deeply entrenched China is getting and it scares me, from the Congo airport in Kinshasha to Eko Atlantic in Lagos. I just want to know how involved they are in Ethiopia right now, as we've heard about the Dijoubti light rail and other things. Are you scared about how much influence they are gaining, and is it true that Ethiopia's economy was virtually stagnant before the Chinese came in and started investing?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:23am On Apr 25, 2017
fanficgirl:

I meant in terms of natural resources as Ethiopia is very desert like. My dear, the British were the strongest European power and West African Kingdoms were divided. I'm not even Ghanaian but Nigerian but I can marvel over their fight cool. Northern Nigerian resisted the British very long until the British cut a deal with them in being able to rule over Nigeria. You can't rewrite history dear, tell me where I am wrong? Italy was already weakened. Sure Ethiopians fought withstanding Arial attacks and they fought bravely, but if the British hadn't came

First, Ethiopians fought with swords and moved to the battle field by their bare foot. Not directly but we had attacks from british and some other europeans becaause we were the only black ppl to tackle white ppl force. It was a fight with many. The way you said that, it seems like Ethiopia had no efforts or nothing to be proud of.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:28am On Apr 25, 2017
fanficgirl:

I wasn't pointing a figure at you? i know this is a huge issue with many African Nations like Kenya and Nigeria (though ours isn't because of famine but corrupt rulers). It amazes me how deeply entrenched China is getting and it scares me, from the Congo airport in Kinshasha to Eko Atlantic in Lagos. I just want to know how involved they are in Ethiopia right now, as we've heard about the Dijoubti light rail and other things. Are you scared about how much influence they are gaining, and is it true that Ethiopia's economy was virtually stagnant before the Chinese came in and started investing?

however foreigners keep comming here, Ethiopians always put themselves in priority in the country. And trust me, is they don't smell good in here, the ppl will make solutions for that. Our economy might be a bit affected but not going to be stagnant without china. Turkey is the #1 most investing country in ET, then india, then China
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 3:36am On Apr 25, 2017
Ednite:

however foreigners keep comming here, Ethiopians always put themselves in priority in the country. And trust me, is they don't smell good in here, the ppl will make solutions for that. Our economy might be a bit affected but not going to be stagnant without china. Turkey is the #1 most investing country in ET, then india, then China
Interesting. I hear there is a Habesha hiearchy in Ethiopia where they want people who look more Habesha. Is that true? By the way, is it true that Egypt and Saudi Arabia are the ones sponsoring insurgency in Ethiopia? How many Chinese and Indians are in Ethiopia currently, and how do they act? Have you ever visited the small tribal Ethiopian group known for lipplates and how are they treated by other Ethiopians? What are Ethiopia's current relations with Yemen?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 3:39am On Apr 25, 2017
Ednite:

First, Ethiopians fought with swords and moved to the battle field by their bare foot. Not directly but we had attacks from british and some other europeans becaause we were the only black ppl to tackle white ppl force. It was a fight with many. The way you said that, it seems like Ethiopia had no efforts or nothing to be proud of.

I didn't mean to diminish Ethiopia's struggle,they obviously fought hard but I don't think they could have won in the long run, especially with the Ariel bombings. Can you send me these links with Ethiopian rulers in Egyptian tombs.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:48am On Apr 25, 2017
fanficgirl:

Interesting. I hear there is a Habesha hiearchy in Ethiopia where they want people who look more Habesha. Is that true? By the way, is it true that Egypt and Saudi Arabia are the ones sponsoring insurgency in Ethiopia? How many Chinese and Indians are in Ethiopia currently, and how do they act? Have you ever visited the small tribal Ethiopian group known for lipplates and how are they treated by other Ethiopians? What are Ethiopia's current relations with Yemen?

I like you, you know many things. About the habesha thing, even it's confusing to whom the name 'habesha' is given (if it's for the three tribes or the whole ethiopians). But it's true, habesha culture, look and tradition dominates in here. Small tribes like the ones who does smthng with their lips aren't tqken as real Ethiopians as the habeshas. I haven't been to that place. Egypt and Saudi's contribution to Ethiopia's unrest. . . .you're right! Chinesse and Indians respect each other with us and just do their job. They can't act different. It's Ethiopia, where Ethiopians ask for a respect in their own country.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:59am On Apr 25, 2017
fanficgirl:

I didn't mean to diminish Ethiopia's struggle,they obviously fought hard but I don't think they could have won in the long run, especially with the Ariel bombings. Can you send me these links with Ethiopian rulers in Egyptian tombs.

just saw that on tv, i will try finding it
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 4:11am On Apr 25, 2017
Ednite:

I like you, you know many things. About the habesha thing, even it's confusing to whom the name 'habesha' is given (if it's for the three tribes or the whole ethiopians). But it's true, habesha culture, look and tradition dominates in here. Small tribes like the ones who does smthng with their lips aren't tqken as real Ethiopians as the habeshas. I haven't been to that place. Egypt and Saudi's contribution to Ethiopia's unrest. . . .you're right! Chinesse and Indians respect each other with us and just do their job. They can't act different. It's Ethiopia, where Ethiopians ask for a respect in their own country.
Thank you grin, I make a point to know as much about the African Continent as I want to visit each country and hope for a United Africa one day, at least in economics like an African EU. Wow, that's great unlike Nigeria where useless Indians are so arrogant and disrespectfull. Wish Nigerian companies would stop hiring them. That's said, I always wonder why the media focuses on that small plate tribe though, when they aren't even seen as Ethiopians and don't look like most Ethiopians. Yes, I notice some Ethiopians use Habesha interchangeably, while others make it specific to the three. Yes, its obvious Habesha dominates especially with Amharic being the national language. How hard is Amharic to learn?
How do you guys feel about Somalis, because I notice you guys have huge beef with them throughout history but now it seems you guys get along well aside from the few Somalis who are angry about Ogaden.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:23am On Apr 25, 2017
fanficgirl:

Thank you grin, I make a point to know as much about the African Continent as I want to visit each country and hope for a United Africa one day, at least in economics like an African EU. Wow, that's great unlike Nigeria where useless Indians are so arrogant and disrespectfull. Wish Nigerian companies would stop hiring them. That's said, I always wonder why the media focuses on that small plate tribe though, when they aren't even seen as Ethiopians and don't look like most Ethiopians. Yes, I notice some Ethiopians use Habesha interchangeably, while others make it specific to the three. Yes, its obvious Habesha dominates especially with Amharic being the national language. How hard is Amharic to learn?
How do you guys feel about Somalis, because I notice you guys have huge beef with them throughout history but now it seems you guys get along well aside from the few Somalis who are angry about Ogaden.

we never had peace with somali ppl. Now that it's a failed state, they have now fall in the hand of Ethiopia and Kenya to throw alshaabab they are silent. But still we aint done individually. amharic is very difficult for english speakers, we make very different difficult voices when we talk, and we use morethan 200 leters to write. Have you heard anyone using the language? How does it sound like?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 5:08am On Apr 25, 2017
Ednite:

we never had peace with somali ppl. Now that it's a failed state, they have now fall in the hand of Ethiopia and Kenya to throw alshaabab they are silent. But still we aint done individually. amharic is very difficult for english speakers, we make very different difficult voices when we talk, and we use morethan 200 leters to write. Have you heard anyone using the language? How does it sound like?
I had an Ethiopian friend who spoke it when he was yelling on the phone grin. Amharic seems to have allot of pops and clicks. I would like to learn sad That and Swahili grin.
If any Kenyans out here want to help me learn Swahili I will be much obliged
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:52am On Apr 25, 2017
fanficgirl:

I had an Ethiopian friend who spoke it when he was yelling on the phone grin. Amharic seems to have allot of pops and clicks. I would like to learn sad That and Swahili grin.
If any Kenyans out here want to help me learn Swahili I will be much obliged

Eshi. TayserMahri n eteyekeleshalehu. Ene amaregna astemereshalehu kefelegsh
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 7:00am On Apr 25, 2017
fanficgirl:

The irony is that Ghana has a very small population and has had a stable government way longer than Nigeria, but it still is hardly better than Nigeria except for light (which according to my Ghanaian friends hasn't been stable as recently). A Ghanaian trying to shade Nigeria just looks foolish
That's what I said earlier.The Ghanaians here are just a distraction.But they are our good neighbour.I have always seen them as such.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Olu317(m): 7:25am On Apr 25, 2017
obaaderemi:
There was a referendum in the 50s actually to bring ilorin kabba province to the western region.Read about it long ago and because it failed to liberate that province(i didnt remember the fine details)and ilorin/kabba remained part of the north,i thought it was due to the people's intention.The people were actually denied their right.This link which i just found clears the mix-up.sorry for that. https://adeyinkagrandson.tumblr.com/post/87008578650/yoruba-self-rule
My dear bro, the first carving of Ilorin to the Northern part in 1890s was what did the harm. How many referendum that was did which the Action group contested?, Do you know Otun Ekiti was almost carved to Northern part? All the census that was done was rejected by Yoruba because the British knew Yoruba was the torn in the flesh. Ilorin was a small town in the 18th century. And it remained until British rose Ilorin's Status after the divide and rule that was used between Northern Ireland and main Ireland. The same method has always been in place. Exactly, 1893, the Yoruba turned around to kill Momoh, who was Olu Ilorin because, he was supposed to collect tax from the indigene on behalf of the British. The Yoruba rebelled against Momoh, and he was burnt alive in his palace. That was the beginning of the problem of Yoruba until 1897,that British directly have to come in to subdue the place, when the Baloguns of Ilorin were giving British colonialist problem. And even, it was 1904, that Sokoto was subdued. The British colonialist find it hard to believe the story of Yoruba and the manner at which we had lived in the deepest part of the forest. Alaafin was not subdued neither Ooni, that was originally impossible to be seen openly. After the heavy civil war of kiriji that peace was initiated by prominent Yorubas missionary, the British had to come in a cunning way bring forth a treaty that was signed by the parties that were involved. Ijebu, Egba ,Ekiti, Ijesha/Ilesha,Igbomina,Akoko(Ondo),Kabba province ,covering Aworo etc fought for ILE IFE (Ooni) through OBOKUN, who called Fabunmi and the army later led by Ogedengbe Agbogungboro against IBADAN and Modakeke under OYO. How come do you now come up with a known falsified census which the British created to favour the Booth lickers? The evidence at the Nigeria Archive is there to see who and what heralded the treaty that was signed. And all the groups that participated and lost love ones were named according to the treaty. If the province you mentioned were under North, how come do we even have Oba at Jebba? Ilorin was a bloody small town in 18th century ,and it was a reference town because it was termed a Muslim enclave after Afonja was killed by Jamas, his own trained footsoldiers who had converted to Islam. Although few of them were Nupe mixed with elements of Fulanis. Ilorin met its Waterloo when it was defeated in 1839—1840. Ilorin had always being a Yoruba enclave irrespective of the fusion of Islamic knowledge and Yoruba tradition..Ilorin had no say over many towns 18th —19th century even till now . I know Adeyinka grandson because he is a pro Odua Republic. But some facts are worth verifying. why is that the Fulanis of Nigeria do not have a separate identity from Hausas?. Why can't there be different identity for these people? It was all in favour of the British because, once there is a chaos, the British imperialist will continue to milk Nigeria at ease. And the Small group of people aren't ready to let the system change. This is the situation we have found ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 7:27am On Apr 25, 2017
fanficgirl:

i suppose its the same way many of you nigerians on this thread have this notion that all kenyans are maasais. They are one of the tribes of kenya, and i make no apologies for coming from a less photogenic people. I can regale you with tales of how many foreign visitors to kenya come with the poster image they saw on a tourist brochure ,only to meet an entirely different,modern and savvy everyday kenyan.It comes as a shock to them. I also observe the same thing with other Africans who live in our midst who come thinking the only peeps in kenya are maasai only to meet a country whose people are very progressive. In fact, am sure you as an african should understand that coming from a country with many ethnic nations as must our ethiopian neighbour.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:29am On Apr 25, 2017
fanficgirl:

Why would Nigerians go to Ethiopia undecided.
why wud Nigerians go to Syria

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.