Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,768 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6204907 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 11:01am On Apr 25, 2017
fanficgirl:

Ethiopians are less racist than the others Its the Somalis that are the problem not Ethiopians

Yes you are correct. What about the Sudanese? Infact, those ones openly claim to be Arabs while they are black as you and i.
I think Christianity is the main reason why Ethiopians tend to be more open and less racist. If they had been dominantly muslims, i think the story would have been different.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Oh, what language was that because it couldn't have been Amharic at all.

it's Amharic written in English alphabet
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

Do you want Egypt to descend on Ethiopia?
Don'r you know Eritereans have the strong backing of the Egyptians? How possible do you think they would have won Ethiopia in the war of independence?

Eff the Eritreans I dislike them. Egyptians cannot dare Ethiopia. Actually not many countries would want to try Ethiopia's battle hardened military. If the Egyptians helped the Eritreans in that war, Eff them also. WTF did they want to gain? Was it all about the Nile?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

Ethiopian girls are fine, but have you seen Eriterean girls? Eriterean girls tend to be more beautiful, but they all look the same sha.

I cannot differentiate them. They all look the same to me
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 11:05am On Apr 25, 2017
fanficgirl:

Ethiopia was occupied by Italy the weakest European Nation for a few years until the British came and helpedout. Ethiopians need to stop with this not being colonized bs as the only reason they weren't occupied longer is because European Nations didn't see anything truly valuable with Ethiopia and Haile Salassie played European Nations against each other. The Ashanti of Government fought for way longer against the British before they succumbed

You have to correct yourself. I don't think Italy conquered the entire Ethiopia. They only conquered present day Eriteria (which used to be part of Ethiopia). This was the basis which Eriterea used for seccession, claiming that they had a different colonial history from Ethiopia.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 11:05am On Apr 25, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

OK. I have been researching on muslims in other African countries especially the muslim majority countries like Mali and I found out that Most African muslims are indeed liberal. It seems Northern Nigerian etremism is a peculiar case.
Then your research didn't extend to somalia and Algeria.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 11:06am On Apr 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Eff the Eritreans I dislike them. Egyptians cannot dare Ethiopia. Actually not many countries would want to try Ethiopia's battle hardened military. If the Egyptians helped the Eritreans in that war, Eff the also. WTF did they want to gain? Was it all about the Nile?

Of course. Egypt sees Ethiopia as a great regional threat! They want to reduce Ethiopia in bits.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 25, 2017
Ednite:

it's Amharic written in English alphabet

Ohh great. Must be a big job learning it both ways?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Thejustw14(m): 11:06am On Apr 25, 2017
Yeye fact
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 11:08am On Apr 25, 2017
uzzyfire:
loooooollll Somalis and Sudanese are denying their black identities looooooooooollll are they not blacker than every oda Africans looolll d irony

This is why they try to whiten their skins to look more Arabic.
Their hair and other facial features differ from ours. So, many of them capitalize on these differences.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

Of course. Egypt sees Ethiopia as a great regional threat! They want to reduce Ethiopia in bits.

I can see now.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

This is why they try to whiten their skins to look more Arabic.
Their hair and other facial features differ from ours. So, many of them capitalize on these differences.

Who cares, I don't give a shyyt about Somalis. They can't even manage their country despite being just one community !
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 11:11am On Apr 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

I think the geographical distance could be the matter for your case. East Africans see Ethiopians fully as AFricans. The only difference is that Ethiopia used to appear like an isolationist state,. More like the way south koreans see north korea but on a lesser scale

Yes i think.
We see Ethiopians as Africans. Just that many of them reject Black identity and always capitalize on their facial differences btw them and us. Although Ethiopians are better, their Somali, Sudanese and Eriterean neighbours are the ones giving them a bad image.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Ohh great. Must be a big job learning it both ways?
we only learn in amharic alphabet.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 11:18am On Apr 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

You have to correct yourself. I don't think Italy conquered the entire Ethiopia. They only conquered present day Eriteria (which used to be part of Ethiopia). This was the basis which Eriterea used for seccession, claiming that they had a different colonial history from Ethiopia.
No,you are wrong.Ethiopia was occupied and the emperor had to go on exile.But even France was occupied in that war by German.To me and many more,the occupation of Ethiopia is not synonymous with colonization.Ethiopia and Liberia are the only African countries not colonized by Europe.And for centuries Eritreans have been distinct from Ethiopians.It has little or nothing to do with ww2.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

Yes i think.
We see Ethiopians as Africans. Just that many of them reject Black identity and always capitalize on their facial differences btw them and us. Although Ethiopians are better, their Somali, Sudanese and Eriterean neighbours are the ones giving them a bad image.

I thought Ethiopia was the birthplace of Ras Tafarianism. SOmalis and Northern Sudanese have that stupidity due to Islamic influence> I have never come across an Ethiopian with that attitude, but maybe they exist I don't know. Somalis on the other hand have a lot of it. I am not sure I have come across a Northern Sudanese to know what they think. Their country is a pariah state, I don't even think citizens leave that country at all.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 11:26am On Apr 25, 2017
Olu317:
My dear bro, the first carving of Ilorin to the Northern part in 1890s was what did the harm. How many referendum that was did which the Action group contested?, Do you know Otun Ekiti was almost carved to Northern part? All the census that was done was rejected by Yoruba because the British knew Yoruba was the torn in the flesh. Ilorin was a small town in the 18th century. And it remained until British rose Ilorin's Status after the divide and rule that was used between Northern Ireland and main Ireland. The same method has always been in place. Exactly, 1893, the Yoruba turned around to kill Momoh, who was Olu Ilorin because, he was supposed to collect tax from the indigene on behalf of the British. The Yoruba rebelled against Momoh, and he was burnt alive in his palace. That was the beginning of the problem of Yoruba until 1897,that British directly have to come in to subdue the place, when the Baloguns of Ilorin were giving British colonialist problem. And even, it was 1904, that Sokoto was subdued. The British colonialist find it hard to believe the story of Yoruba and the manner at which we had lived in the deepest part of the forest. Alaafin was not subdued neither Ooni, that was originally impossible to be seen openly. After the heavy civil war of kiriji that peace was initiated by prominent Yorubas missionary, the British had to come in a cunning way bring forth a treaty that was signed by the parties that were involved. Ijebu, Egba ,Ekiti, Ijesha/Ilesha,Igbomina,Akoko(Ondo),Kabba province ,covering Aworo etc fought for ILE IFE (Ooni) through OBOKUN, who called Fabunmi and the army later led by Ogedengbe Agbogungboro against IBADAN and Modakeke under OYO. How come do you now come up with a known falsified census which the British created to favour the Booth lickers? The evidence at the Nigeria Archive is there to see who and what heralded the treaty that was signed. And all the groups that participated and lost love ones were named according to the treaty. If the province you mentioned were under North, how come do we even have Oba at Jebba? Ilorin was a bloody small town in 18th century ,and it was a reference town because it was termed a Muslim enclave after Afonja was killed by Jamas, his own trained footsoldiers who had converted to Islam. Although few of them were Nupe mixed with elements of Fulanis. Ilorin met its Waterloo when it was defeated in 1839—1840. Ilorin had always being a Yoruba enclave irrespective of the fusion of Islamic knowledge and Yoruba tradition..Ilorin had no say over many towns 18th —19th century even till now . I know Adeyinka grandson because he is a pro Odua Republic. But some facts are worth verifying. why is that the Fulanis of Nigeria do not have a separate identity from Hausas?. Why can't there be different identity for these people? It was all in favour of the British because, once there is a chaos, the British imperialist will continue to milk Nigeria at ease. And the Small group of people aren't ready to let the system change. This is the situation we have found ourselves.

Wow, what an historical explosion.

I myself never believed that a referendum was really held for any Northern groups to join the south @Obaaderemi
The only one i know of is when Edo people requested for Auchi (which was formerly part of the north) to join the south. Then an exchange was made, and Igala people who were part of the South were interchanged for Auchi people and Igalas became part of the north.

The bottomline of all our arguments i think is the fact that the British messed up with us all and this is why Nigeria really needs to be restructured unless these issues will always be there.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 25, 2017
Ednite:

we only learn in amharic alphabet.

How did you write it in English alphabet. Was it a one-to-one letter mapping kind of thing? How is that done?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 11:27am On Apr 25, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:
Sometimes I imagine how the yoruba people would have been like today if Dan-fodios Jihad extended to there.Lol.
We love our freedom.It came at a price,though.We lost ilorin through Afonja's blind ambition and we had to decisively defeat the fulanis in 1840.The ibos were more insulated when all of this was going on.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 11:30am On Apr 25, 2017
obaaderemi:
No,you are wrong.Ethiopia was occupied and the emperor had to go on exile.But even France was occupied in that war by German.To me and many more,the occupation of Ethiopia is not synonymous with colonization.Ethiopia and Liberia are the only African countries not colonized by Europe.And for centuries Eritreans have been distinct from Ethiopians.It has little or nothing to do with ww2.

Ok, thanks.
I may be wrong i think. But as for Eriterea, weren't they colonized ? Were they just occupied too?

On what basis do you feel Eritereans have always been different from Ethiopians? I tot Tigrinya people (the majority group of Eriterea) were always under Abyssinia? They never had a seperate kingdom, did they? Tigrinyas and Amharas have always been sibblings of same father under one kingdom.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:36am On Apr 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

How did you write it in English alphabet. Was it a one-to-one letter mapping kind of thing? How is that done?

approximately, it's easy. But the accent (voice) you make when you read it is going to be different cuz its not one-to-one. we have >200 letters
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

I thought Ethiopia was the birthplace of Ras Tafarianism. SOmalis and Northern Sudanese have that stupidity due to Islamic influence> I have never come across an Ethiopian with that attitude, but maybe they exist I don't know. Somalis on the other hand have a lot of it. I am not sure I have come across a Northern Sudanese to know what they think. Their country is a pariah state, I don't even think citizens leave that country at all.
dude how can u talk like this, Rastafarians originated from Jamaica
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 11:49am On Apr 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Who cares, I don't give a shyyt about Somalis. They can't even manage their country despite being just one community !

But why do u Kenyans allow Somalis to come and succeed in your country and even dominate businesses while they look down on your own people?

Such nonsense cannot happen in Nigeria.

What about the Somali indigenes of Kenya? Do they also share the racist perspective against other Black Africans?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 11:54am On Apr 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

I cannot differentiate them. They all look the same to me

Yes, they all look the same. However, one way to differentiate them is their skin tone.

Tigrinyas (both in Eriterea and Ethiopia) are usually lighter skinned than Amharas, while Amharas are usually lighter skinned than Somalis, Oromos, Tigres and others.
(i may be wrong though).
Google can help you in this though, google their people according to the way i listed them and you would observe the difference.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 11:54am On Apr 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

Ok, thanks.
I may be wrong i think. But as for Eriterea, weren't they colonized ? Were they just occupied too?

On what basis do you feel Eritereans have always been different from Ethiopians? I tot Tigrinya people (the majority group of Eriterea) were always under Abyssinia? They never had a seperate kingdom, did they? Tigrinyas and Amharas have always been sibblings of same father under one kingdom.
Before becoming part of Ethiopia after the 2nd world war,they had belonged to other kingdoms which were not particularly Abyssinian for many years.They only became part of Ethiopia in 1945 or thereabout and it was never a rosy affair.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 25, 2017
uzzyfire:
dude how can u talk like this, Rastafarians originated from Jamaica

go to my profile and read the topic 'surprising facts about ethiopia'
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 11:58am On Apr 25, 2017
Ednite:

NB - we don't speak arabic. All we need to do is speak English and communicate with it. we needn't change our calendar or etc, it's our wealth (our history)

You guys will also have to work with the western calendar even though you want to retain yours. if not there is still no way you can still integrate with the world.

The arabs, Chinese, Indians, Japanese e.t.c stil have their own native calendars, but they also work with western calendars officially.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

But why do u Kenyans allow Somalis to come and succeed in your country and even dominate businesses while they look down on your own people?

What about the Somali indigenes of Kenya? Do they also share the racist perspective against other Black Africans?

First of all there are a few million Somalis who are indegenous to Kenya. Its hard to differentiate them from their cousins from Somalia but their command of swahili can tell. The kenyan ones know better because their region is the most impoverished in kenya, they actually feel sad for themselves when they visit other parts of kenya. No govt used to give a shyt about them since independence because they had tried to wage a war of independence soon after kenya became free.

Secondly, Somalis don't dominate business in Kenya. You have to be here to know that ! I thought I already told you that before. In kenya, Kikuyus dominate business so badly, it used to be a problem before 2007. A common joke is that you know you're in kenya when the car in front of you is driven by a kikuyu, your neighbour is a kikuyu, you pay rent to a kikuyu, the president is a kikuyu, all your life revolves a round a kikuyu somewhere. Gladly that is changing.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

This part makes you sound dumb. Why would Somalis not succeed in any country? Sometimes I think am dealing with ignoramuses here.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 25, 2017
Ednite:

go to my profile and read the topic 'surprising facts about ethiopia'

Thank you. That should answer, I wasn't going to answer such an obvious fact !

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 12:10pm On Apr 25, 2017
MtuMsuper:

i suppose its the same way many of you nigerians on this thread have this notion that all kenyans are maasais. They are one of the tribes of kenya, and i make no apologies for coming from a less photogenic people. I can regale you with tales of how many foreign visitors to kenya come with the poster image they saw on a tourist brochure ,only to meet an entirely different,modern and savvy everyday kenyan.It comes as a shock to them. I also observe the same thing with other Africans who live in our midst who come thinking the only peeps in kenya are maasai only to meet a country whose people are very progressive. In fact, am sure you as an african should understand that coming from a country with many ethnic nations as must our ethiopian neighbour.

You east Africans are the cause of all these!

Why do you guys still keep millions of your people in darkness and uncivilization with the hope of using them for tourism money?
We west Africans cannot try such nonsense. Over the years, some uncivilized ethnic groups have been discovered in Nigeria on the Adamawa and Bauchi mountains, but we Nigerians instantly integrate such people into the society once we find them. We take the gospel, clothes, education and government administration to them.

What do you East Africans really enjoy from keeping uncivilized people? It's very sad and annoying @Ednite
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

You east Africans are the cause of all these!

Why do you guys still keep millions of your people in darkness and uncivilization with the hope of using them for tourism money?
We west Africans cannot try such nonsense. Over the years, some uncivilized ethnic groups have been discovered in Nigeria on the Adamawa and Bauchi mountains, but we Nigerians instantly integrate such people into the society once we find them. We take the gospel, clothes, education and government administration to them.

What do you East Africans really enjoy from keeping uncivilized people? It's very sad and annoying @Ednite

Dude, how educated are you? You would know that such instant integration would spell doom for such people. Their bodies don't have the immunity for the kind of diseases you have ! If thats the case, then Nigeria has driven millions of the people they have discovered to extinction.

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.