Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,607 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6204210 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 7:29am On Apr 25, 2017
Ednite:

we never had peace with somali ppl. Now that it's a failed state, they have now fall in the hand of Ethiopia and Kenya to throw alshaabab they are silent. But still we aint done individually. amharic is very difficult for english speakers, we make very different difficult voices when we talk, and we use morethan 200 leters to write. Have you heard anyone using the language? How does it sound like?
Ednite, i have been hearing very many sad tales for so many years about how ethiopia treats its own Gambela people.Why is this?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 7:41am On Apr 25, 2017
fanficgirl:

I had an Ethiopian friend who spoke it when he was yelling on the phone grin. Amharic seems to have allot of pops and clicks. I would like to learn sad That and Swahili grin.
If any Kenyans out here want to help me learn Swahili I will be much obliged
here you are :
https://www.nairaland.com/2437226/lets-learn-swahili
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 25, 2017
fanficgirl:

Starvation in Nigeria is because of insurgency and the money that was supposed to be used for IDP CAMPS was looted shocked. Imagine. Nigerian politicians have no shame. There was a country
BTW isn't Kenya experiencing horrific drought?
I'm telling u, they are just wicked. iv Neva seen these kind of politicians in my life all they want us money

Africa is indeed backward and a continent without vision
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 25, 2017
fanficgirl:

Oga, they keep coming because they know that we will fight and argue with them as its our nature. If we didn't reply they wouldn't argue, but Nigerians can't take insults, even when they are right cheesy
wat exactly are we fighting for self, I don't get . and wat have they sed here that we've not heard before that's d part that pisses me , and d fact that they are just repeating wat they heard on d news or wat someone has told them.

I won't blame them, its our useless leaders that caused all this

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 25, 2017
MtuMsuper:

Ednite, i have been hearing very many sad tales for so many years about how ethiopia treats its own Gambela people.Why is this?

The majority Ethiopians don't have the same look as the Gambela ppl. They have different features, which i think is why. But today, things are getting better. Everyone is accepting them. . .not totally but it's now getting better
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Maduawuchukwu(m): 8:30am On Apr 25, 2017
Ednite:

The majority Ethiopians don't have the same look as the Gambela ppl. They have different features, which i think is why. But today, things are getting better. Everyone is accepting them. . .not totally but it's now getting better

How is the social life in Ethiopia? Are things like pre-marital sex rampant there? How do Ethiopian Muslims behave? Do they partake in social life like flexing or are they conservative like Nigerian muslims.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 8:59am On Apr 25, 2017
fanficgirl:

The irony is that Ghana has a very small population and has had a stable government way longer than Nigeria, but it still is hardly better than Nigeria except for light (which according to my Ghanaian friends hasn't been stable as recently). A Ghanaian trying to shade Nigeria just looks foolish
a Ghanaian don't need to shame Nigeria. Nigerians are already ashamed of themselves.

Ghana is better in so many things than Nigeria
Nigeria is big and has 20 times the resources of Ghana but cannot even offer a better life for it people.
This is the irony
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 9:02am On Apr 25, 2017
Ednite:

I heard there is a systematic genocide against them organised by govt and perpetrated by militia composed of people from highland tribes. And also the govt has colluded with foreign corporations to force them off their ancestral lands to grow grain for western markets. In addition, there is an attempt at forced conversions into ethiopian orthodox church. And needless to say, there is widespread documentation and evidence of rape as a weapon of war.

Not good, id say . Not good at all.

We in kenya are like a large house with many families and children but one father.It follows that we will look different. Looking different is not a crime, its just evidence of Gods impossible genius and presence.Somalis, kikuyus,luos, luhyas, kambas, kiisis merus, maasais, kalenjins, mijikendas, taitas, embus, tharakas, samburus.....very different in looks ,character and temperamnet, but we dont like to systematically destroy any group because they are "different". Its just plain wrong.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 25, 2017
Just30:
a Ghanaian don't need to shame Nigeria. Nigerians are already ashamed of themselves.

Ghana is better in so many things than Nigeria
Nigeria is big and has 20 times the resources of Ghana but cannot even offer a better life for it people.
This is the irony
loooooooooooll nigerians are not ashamed anything, Nigerians don't care wat other people say or think abt them .

loooll plss abeg name one thing that Ghana is better than Nigeria at ,and don't start calling electricity or life expectancy or poverty loooooll
Nigeria is bigger than Ghana in both land mass and resources ,that's d more reason y Ghana shud not be comparing themselves wit Nigeria cos we are bigger in every aspect
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 25, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

How is the social life in Ethiopia? Are things like pre-marital sex rampant there? How do Ethiopian Muslims behave? Do they partake in social life like flexing or are they conservative like Nigerian muslims.

Social life is not the same as it was before. People in here are now being a bit isolated from the environment. comparatively to the past, but still we are good. Pre-marital thing does not happen in here much as other African countries excercise. Ethiopian muslims are very flexible and simple to anyone. They are very cool
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 25, 2017
MtuMsuper:

I heard there is a systematic genocide against them organised by govt and perpetrated by militia composed of people from highland tribes. And also the govt has colluded with foreign corporations to force them off their ancestral lands to grow grain for western markets. In addition, there is an attempt at forced conversions into ethiopian orthodox church. And needless to say, there is widespread documentation and evidence of rape as a weapon of war.

Not good, id say . Not good at all.

We in kenya are like a large house with many families and children but one father.It follows that we will look different. Looking different is not a crime, its just evidence of Gods impossible genius and presence.Somalis, kikuyus,luos, luhyas, kambas, kiisis merus, maasais, kalenjins, mijikendas, taitas, embus, tharakas, samburus.....very different in looks ,character and temperamnet, but we dont like to systematically destroy any group because they are "different". Its just plain wrong.

I am on your side. People in here have asked me my tribe, and when I tell them am Amhara, they take me as a guilty one. Because everyone thinks Amharas are the main reason for genocide.I am neither proud nor ashamed being amhara. All I know is that any Ethiopian from any part of Ethiopia have a country named Ethiopia and have all the right any Ethiopian have and must be considered as an Ethiopian. That's all I beleive in.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by LeSudAfricaine: 10:03am On Apr 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

There is also a reason why you xenophobeasts attack not only Nigerians, but Zimbabweans, Zambians, Mozambicans, Angolans and Somalis too!
yes, people from the gutter hustling for scarce resources with illegal immigrants

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 25, 2017
LeSudAfricaine:
yes, people from the gutter hustling for scarce resources with illegal immigrants
i just finished watching AY live(Nigerian comedy show) and a south African woman performed, u need to see wat she sed abt south Africa I cudnt even billive she cud say something like that abt her country. it now became less of a joke and more of d history of south africa
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by LeSudAfricaine: 10:14am On Apr 25, 2017
uzzyfire:
i just finished watching AY live(Nigerian comedy show) and a south African woman performed, u need to see wat she sed abt south Africa I cudnt even billive she cud say something like that abt her country. it now became less of a joke and more of d history of south africa
that would be her opinion

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Maduawuchukwu(m): 10:16am On Apr 25, 2017
Ednite:

Social life is not the same as it was before. People in here are now being a bit isolated from the environment. comparatively to the past, but still we are good. Pre-marital thing does not happen in here much as other African countries excercise. Ethiopian muslims are very flexible and simple to anyone. They are very cool
OK. I have been researching on muslims in other African countries especially the muslim majority countries like Mali and I found out that Most African muslims are indeed liberal. It seems Northern Nigerian etremism is a peculiar case.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Maduawuchukwu(m): 10:21am On Apr 25, 2017
Sometimes I imagine how the yoruba people would have been like today if Dan-fodios Jihad extended to there.Lol.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 10:21am On Apr 25, 2017
Ednite:

The thing you've raised here is realllly important, it's a talk worth to create a topic about. You guys not seeing us as a part of you is also a challange to us. But Norh Africans and Ethiopians are very different. North Africans isolated getting themselves closer to Arabs but Ethiopians isolated just being not part of Arabs. I think we were isolated because we rule ourselves by what we've created. Our own calendar, own time counting system, historical influence ( not being colonized) and most of all, a language we only use but not others. A language is a big door for communication, which we have lost to the rest of the world.

I have a question to ask to you and anyone in here

if you can't view us as Africans, ( which we are) then how do you view us?

It's a good thing that u Ethiopians have a very rich history. However, i think it's time you guys fully look to the future and what it brings and leave the past where it belongs.
Why won't you guys use the western calendar yet? Why won't you guys promote the learning of foreign languages in order to interract with the world yet? Although, i have seen little improvement over the years, but i think it's needs to be stronger.

Africa is one continent with different sub continents and classifications. We the other Subsaharan Africans have no right to deny you guys your African identity as well as the North Africans.
The issue here is that many of you reject Black identity and claim that you are not Black (especially the Somalis, Eritereans and Sudanese).
I think the major reason we feel you guys are not part of us is because of the social disconnect and the fact that many of you do look down on other Black Africans, nothing else.
Also, many of you speak Arabic (the Somalis, Sudanese and Eritereans) and have it as an official language. We see people who speak that language as more or less belonging to the middle-eastern identity.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 10:30am On Apr 25, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:
Sometimes I imagine how the yoruba people would have been like today if Dan-fodios Jihad extended to there.Lol.

The yorubas wouldn't have been any much different than they are today, except the fact that they will be predominantly muslims.
Nupes and Busa were conquered by Danfodio (not through war though, but like Ilorin), but they are not really fanatic muslims like the Hausa-fulanis.

Infact the Nupes were jihadists too, because they were the warriors who conquered and islamized Auchi environs and also tried to conquer (islamize) Okuns, Gbagyis and Ebiras (but did not fully succeed).

Nupes, Busas, Bassas, Gbagyis, Gwandaras and other middlebelt muslims that were conquered by the Sultanate, yes, they may be more islamic than yoruba muslims, but they are still not fanatic muslims like Hausa-fulanis. You cannot find their people begging on the streets or their children doing Almajiri. They still see western education to be better or equal to islamic education. You can never hear of them attacking christians in their midst.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 25, 2017
Ednite:

Eshi. TayserMahri n eteyekeleshalehu. Ene amaregna astemereshalehu kefelegsh

You will have to translate this please.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

It's a good thing that u Ethiopians have a very rich history. However, i think it's time you guys fully look to the future and what it brings and leave the past where it belongs.
Why won't you guys use the western calendar yet? Why won't you guys promote the learning of foreign languages in order to interract with the world yet? Although, i have seen little improvement over the years, but i think it's needs to be stronger.

Africa is one continent with different sub continents and classifications. We the other Subsaharan Africans have no right to deny you guys your African identity as well as the North Africans.
The issue here is that many of you reject Black identity and claim that you are not Black (especially the Somalis, Eritereans and Sudanese).
I think the major reason we feel you guys are not part of us is because of the social disconnect and the fact that many of you do look down on other Black Africans, nothing else.
Also, many of you speak Arabic (the Somalis, Sudanese and Eritereans) and have it as an official language. We see people who speak that language as more or less belonging to the middle-eastern identity.

I think the geographical distance could be the matter for your case. East Africans see Ethiopians fully as AFricans. The only difference is that Ethiopia used to appear like an isolationist state,. More like the way south koreans see north korea but on a lesser scale

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 25, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

OK. I have been researching on muslims in other African countries especially the muslim majority countries like Mali and I found out that Most African muslims are indeed liberal. It seems Northern Nigerian etremism is a peculiar case.

our muslims are very fyn.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 25, 2017
LeSudAfricaine:
that would be her opinion
its d truth bro. u can watch it ursef, just type "Ay live 2017 thenjiwe" on YouTube
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

NB - we don't speak arabic. All we need to do is speak English and communicate with it. we needn't change our calendar or etc, it's our wealth (our history)

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 10:46am On Apr 25, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Most other West African muslims (Malians, Senegalese e.t c) are liberal because of the French direct rule system during colonialism where they (the muslims) were all forced to go to western schools and learn french culture.

The stupid british colonialists did nothing like that, instead, they used the indirect rule system of govt where only the Northern leaders and elites would go to western schools and report administratively to them. They (the british) ruled (us) through the emirates. This was why those demonic people tried to force we the independent middlebelt group under emirates. This was how most northern minority groups (even those who accepted christianity and were never conquered by Danfodio) found themselves under islamic rule till date.

If not that my own people in Plateau heavily protested against this (we used to be under Bauchi emirate). Southern Kaduna people were classified under Zaria emirate. Many of us protested and were granted independent chiefdoms while unfortunately for many in Adamawa, Taraba, Niger, Kebbi and Borno, they were left under the Emirates.
The British wanted the whole Northern pretocterate to be homogenously islamic and Hausa speaking (for administrative convenience). This was how Hausa language became a lingua franca in the whole north, but their islamic campaign did not succeed because the Missionaries were very stubborn and still went ahead to evangelize to many Northerners.

So, i hope you get the drift.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by LeSudAfricaine: 10:49am On Apr 25, 2017
uzzyfire:
its d truth bro. u can watch it ursef, just type "Ay live 2017 thenjiwe" on YouTube
what exactly was she saying? For curiosity's sakes
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

loooooollll Somalis and Sudanese are denying their black identities looooooooooollll are they not blacker than every oda Africans looolll d irony

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

You will have to translate this please.

'I will ask TayserMahiri to teach you swahilli and i will teach you Amharic if you want'
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 10:53am On Apr 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Just kick the damn Eritreans into the Red Sea and get your port back. They will go to Yemen

Do you want Egypt to descend on Ethiopia?
Don'r you know Eritereans have the strong backing of the Egyptians? How possible do you think they would have won Ethiopia in the war of independence?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 10:57am On Apr 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Ethiopian girls should be the main tourist attraction to your country wink

Ethiopian girls are fine, but have you seen Eriterean girls? Eriterean girls tend to be more beautiful, but they all look the same sha.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:59am On Apr 25, 2017
LeSudAfricaine:
what exactly was she saying? For curiosity's sakes
watch it ursef, I cud have posted it here but d file is too large
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 25, 2017
Ednite:

'I will ask TayserMahiri to teach you swahilli and i will teach you Amharic if you want'

Oh, what language was that because it couldn't have been Amharic at all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.