Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (479) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6190495 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:30am On Apr 30, 2017
Make no mistakes about it,they are all different cheesy

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:35am On Apr 30, 2017
fanficgirl:
I have to leave and come back and there is already ten more pages grin.
Even me.......no be small tin I tell u.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:35am On Apr 30, 2017
The last pic is covenant uni wink

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PissedYagami(m): 6:36am On Apr 30, 2017
We got some sexy roads in Kenya too

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:39am On Apr 30, 2017
Ghanians here is covenant uni in the mix,+ uyo interchange wink

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PissedYagami(m): 6:40am On Apr 30, 2017
More Kenyan roads

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:40am On Apr 30, 2017
PissedYagami:
Good for u man.....I now SAs should have better ones,does anybody care to show it?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:45am On Apr 30, 2017
PissedYagami:

True that,naija got more anyway,though insufficient wink

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:49am On Apr 30, 2017
Kenya,ghana, y'all are no match for naija,though we need more wink

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 30, 2017
Kenya,ghana,we aint mates wink

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 30, 2017
Ghanians,all the major and some of the largest markets on the continent is domiciled in naija,here is the sme capital of africa aba city,with about three major markets,why do you think naija is africa's largest economy smiley

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 30, 2017
More markets,some of the largest in africa,amuwo odofin int. trade fair complex lagos,onitsha anambra,oba market anambra,idumota,lagos island wink

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 8:13am On Apr 30, 2017
arinzeejikonye:

Yea,if we can reconstitute,and reconfigure the econonic structures into a true fiscal federalism,we would quadriple our economic growth,defragramentation /conflagration is the fears of some oppossing the calls for restructuring,as they see that as a leeway for seccession of some groups. Maladmisnistrations and corruptions of the past coupled with ethno-religious carnage delt nigeria a big blow,the future is here,we got to ironout some of these fundamental issues hampering our economic boom.

U are very correct.
It may be very difficult for us to operate on fiscal federalism as it stands. It will be very difficult for us to agree to a concensus and we are not yet mature enough for it.
It will take us some good time for us to catch up if we switch governing systems, just as the abolition of regionalism and proliferation of states has taken us time to catch up.
However, i support this though.

But while we wait for fiscal federalism to come, we must know that to a large extent, our states have some level of Autonomy and power. States like Lagos, Rivers, Anambra, Akwa Ibom, Gombe e.t.c have shown us how powerful, financially buoyant and infrastructurally developed a state can be on it's own independent of the Federal govt.
Gombe state is a non oil producing state in the core-north of Nigeria, but this state has some of the best schools and infrastructures in Nigeria (for it's small population). How did the governor do it? How did Cross river state turn herself to the tourism capital of Nigeria?
Why are many other states not harnessing their potentials? These are questions we should be asking ourselves.
I think Nigerians are fond of demanding and depending on the Federal govt too much.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 30, 2017
More- close lords chosen lagos,mechanic city asaba in top gear,jos terminus int. market plateau,kanawa retail city by brains and hammers kano begins,despite kano having upto 7 large markets-from time immemorial the trans saharan trade in ancient city of kano is still in existence today,and she is dubbed the commercial centre of nigeria wink

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 8:25am On Apr 30, 2017
shervydman:

Yeah.....it has an advantage but its disadvantages are also colossal,for example,look at the literacy level,do u think only half of d population are literates?I know of 3 states that produces at least a professor in every family(its like competition over there)now,consider UAE once again,a country of less than 50years with 0% of people living below poverty line,even their 'per capital' is about $70,000....can that be said of USA with over 400years?

Exactly, these are the ills of a large population.

This is why Canada and many European nations will always have a better HDMI than USA, even though the per capital incomes are about equal.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 30, 2017
Nowenuse:

U are very correct.
It may be very difficult for us to operate on fiscal federalism as it stands. It will be very difficult for us to agree to a concensus and we are not yet mature enough for it.
It will take us some good time for us to catch up if we switch governing systems, just as the abolition of regionalism and proliferation of states has taken us time to catch up.

But while we wait for fiscal federalism to come, we must know that to a large extent, our states have some level of Autonomy and power. States like Lagos, Rivers, Anambra, Akwa Ibom, Gombe e.t.c have shown us how powerful, financially buoyant and infrastructurally developed a state can be on it's own independent of the Federal govt.
Gombe state is a non oil producing state in the core-north of Nigeria, but this state has some of the best schools and infrastructures in Nigeria (for it's small population). How did the governor do it? How did Cross river state turn herself to the tourism capital of Nigeria?
Why are many other states not harnessing their potentials? These are questions we should be asking ourselves.
I think Nigerians are fond of demanding and depending on the Federal govt too much.
u are very correct......
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:29am On Apr 30, 2017
Nowenuse:

Exactly, these are the ills of a large population.

This is why Canada and many European nations will always have a better HDMI than USA, even though the per capital incomes are about equal.
HDMI.......lols.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by O0XYGEN: 8:35am On Apr 30, 2017
arinzeejikonye:
Ghanians here is covenant uni in the mix,+ uyo interchange wink
Lol stop tickling urself n laughing ok.
The pics u r posting are not impressive n uve repeated almost half of them
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 8:47am On Apr 30, 2017
It's a good thing to see that many Sub saharan countries are making progress e.g Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa e.t.c but there are many more African countries whose future appears very bleak and if we do not continue to develop together uniformly, those that are developing better will always continue to bear the burden of those that are not developing.

See Nigeria, there are millions of Nigeriens in Nigeria and the worst part of it is that most Nigeriens in Nigeria are either here to beg on the streets or engage in the most menial jobs anyone can think of. Now, the more Naija develops, the more these people troop into Nigeria and create pressure on our scarce infrastructures, amenities and rescources.

See what SA is facing with almost 10 million immigrants. Kenya is like the safest haven in east Africa for war torn nations' immigrants.

If African nations were larger or we were one or somehow united. This would have drastically reduced the chances of political instability which is seriously bedevilling Africa's development.

See India, the world sees India better than Africa today and India is not necessarily richer or better than Africa, but just that India is one nation, so the chances of political instabilities across the region is very rear.

It would have been fabulous if Sub saharan Africa was basically divided into 4 nations, West Africa, East Africa, Central Africa and Southern Africa.

What do you guys think??

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 30, 2017
O0XYGEN:
Lol stop tickling urself n laughing ok.
The pics u r posting are not impressive n uve repeated almost half of them
its alright........no hate,he's only showing what he's got.
u can showcase urs too
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by O0XYGEN: 8:54am On Apr 30, 2017
shervydman:

its alright........no hate,he's only showing what he's got.
u can showcase urs too
Lol most of the pics he's posting are not in nigeria.
They are right here in Ghana.
I give you proof.
Hahaha
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by O0XYGEN: 8:55am On Apr 30, 2017
arinzeejikonye:
Kenya,ghana,we aint mates wink
Do you know that most of the roads you are posting are actually not in nigeria?
Do you know that?
This is a road in the volta region of Ghana.
When did that became a road in nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 30, 2017
Nowenuse:

U are very correct.

We on the same page bro.
The component units-regions or states are suppossed to create wealth and give some to the centre,the federal,but the reverse is the case in the present status quo,
Going every month to abuja with cap in hand have enshrined docility,laziness and myopic shortsightedness to state governments,coupled with ultra-dependency syndrome,while the central government seem too far from the grassroots.

This system is limiting the vast potentialities of nigeria-
1.State governments are held down from indulging in some projects since some of the rights to exploration lies in the hands of the central government.
2.The national grid system is a total mess,as some self sufficient states in energy production,sacrifice for others,leading to heavy hinderances,limitations to alternatives.
3.Necessity is the mother of invention,if there is restructuring,there would be more involvement of the masses in governance,hence accountability,many companies are not taxed,and people care less what their tax is being utilised for-this nonchallancy is the bane of our predicaments.
4.States/regions should take their destiny into their own hands,as we need more ports of entry accross our coastal lines,
5.Some of the hews and crys for marginalization is as a result of injustice,absence of fairness and equity-some regions aint got international embassies,inviability of airports,scewed federal projects allotments etc.
6.Human capital development,is another issue,the human resource is the greatest,and not mineral/liquid/solid,as the oil boom doom led to deagriculturalization of the defunct regional system,and equally entrenched the chop i chop syndrome of corruption,due to easy money from crude.
7.Quota system disequilibrum,federal character imbalance etc
8.many nigerians deserve more than the megre they get,this mentally have turned us to suffering and smillig adapting to inhuman situations and living in the euphoria of phantasmagoria,that all will be fine.

We need an overhaul,reorientation,recaliberation of the status quo for a better paradigm,the asian tigers are better of today-lee kwan yew legacies,isreali built to last start ups,chinese cultural revolution maoism,american glide age,japanese golden era,chinese boom,daffism of libya,egyptiam muhammed ali pasha revolution,russian boshevik revolution,french revolution brought about fraternity,equity,liberty, and fall of the feudal absolutist monarchism.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 30, 2017
14:

That the problem, if you gave a damn, this road would be in good condition. Nigerians must rise-up and demand better life and better infrastructure. you can never allow politician loot infront of yo eyes and do nothing. maybe you should learn from South africans, the government knows, if they dont deliver, people would be on the streets the next day. If you relax, these african leaders will take advantage of you and loot the state dry.

This is shamefull, the so called richest country in AFRICA, roads in mess like this, no man.
see who is talking , wen white people came to ur land and enslaved u black fools and u did nothing .mcheeeeww and I sed naija no give a damm abt south Africa
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 30, 2017
O0XYGEN:

Lol most of the pics he's posting are not in nigeria.
They are right here in Ghana.
I give you proof.
Hahaha
they are actually in 9ja......I can even tell u almost all those places.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 30, 2017
uzzyfire:
see who is talking , wen white people came to ur land and enslaved u black fools and u did nothing .mcheeeeww and I sed naija no give a damm abt south Africa
guy......take it easy,cant u see we're saying something diff?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by O0XYGEN: 9:08am On Apr 30, 2017
shervydman:

they are actually in 9ja......I can even tell u almost all those places.
Look at his ignorance too.
I've identified 3 of the pics he posted which are in Ghana yet u r making noise.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by broill33r: 9:09am On Apr 30, 2017
from those pics naija looks unpleasant , humid and polluted . also no sense of architectural maturity, do you even have architects in Nigeria?
nigeria cant even compare to countries like rwanda ,tanzania ,ethiopia, north sudan and zimbabwe let alone kenya
its no where near countries like Botswana,Mauritius, angola, south africa , morroco ,egypt ,algeria
dont let a giant population delude you , we can see right through the giant ego.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:10am On Apr 30, 2017
O0XYGEN:

Do you know that most of the roads you are posting are actually not in nigeria?
Do you know that?
This is a road in the volta region of Ghana.
When did that became a road in nigeria?

Mark my lips,they are all in nigerian,i can name each and every one of 'em,more are under construction,though we need more smiley

Kenya,ghana got nothing on nigeria cool

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by O0XYGEN: 9:15am On Apr 30, 2017
arinzeejikonye:

Mark my lips,they are all in nigerian,i can name each and every one of 'em,more are under construction,though we need more smiley

Youve already posted these.
Why are u repeating them.
Most are not in nigeria .
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 9:19am On Apr 30, 2017
DonnieTheGreat:

Lagos is the Pride of Africa!!.

Comparing lagos to New York,Yes!! am doing that!!

GDP

The Gdp of Lagos is $100 billion
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/lagos-emerged-fifth-largest-economy-africa/

The Gdp of New York is $1 trillion
http://www.deptofnumbers.com/gdp/new-york/

Meaning New York is only 10 times better than Lagos at least Economically

Newyork:
Newyork was founded in 1624!!,
Manhattan was bought by the Dutch from the native Indians in 1662.That leaves the age of Newyork to around 400 years.

Lagos:
Lagos is just 50 years old!!

Economic Projections!!:

NewYork:
The current Gdp of New York in 2016 is roughly $1 trillion.

The Gdp of NewYork in 2006 was $1 trillion (11 years ago).

The GDp of New York in 1998 was $700 billion.(If you calculate inflation and convert it to today's money its still $1 trillion).

My point is that New York is not growing!!.

Lagos:
The current Gdp of Lagos is $1 trillion

The Gdp of lagos doubles every 2.5 years (very Conservative estimate).

Again,
If you do the Math in less than a decade!, Lagos might catch up with NewYork Economically!!

Why won't any sane person be proud of such a wonderful State!!.

Lagos is the pride of the black race
OMG!!!!!!¡
Why is no one challenging this guy?!!!
You did a very poor google search and lifted figures from the site of a new york city public authority. You would have buttressed your point if you would have shown there was no year on year growth. I think if i was to believe your figures, a growth from 700 bn$ to 1 trn $ is still growth. Again use the term Gross State Product(GSP).
You make a stupido claim that Lagos GSP DOUBLES every 2.5 years! Every 2.5 years!!!! Liar!

Let me teach YOU Math. If we were to take growth as compounded growth year on year to calculate the length of time it takes an economy to grow(and indeed this is what economists use), then that would mean that Lagos GSP growth is 31.9 % . We all know this is false!!! It would have been all over global financial news . You just plucked figures from the sky, and now you're going around chest thumping them. Someone earlier in this same thread showed how reported growth by Abuja is trashed by sound economic analysis based on the actual(read black market rate). In other words , a country with a weak currency that wildly fluctuates cannot possibly claim to be.able to calculate any economic matric with accuracy. I pray for the naira though, am not happy at the way african currencies are always at the mercy of stronger ones. Oga, speaking loudly doesn't make you right, it just makes you loud.
Likewise your claim that NY GSP increased from 700 bn to 1 trn , using the same formula gives us a annual GDP growth rate of 28% for NY city. Again a lie!! This would certainly been all over CNN, coz as we all know NY city is the financial capital of the world. In fact year on year growth rarely exceeds 2%, even 5 year growth rates are still in single digit percentages. ( http://www.deptofnumbers.com/gdp/new-york/)
https://www.statista.com/statistics/183815/gdp-of-the-new-york-metro-area/

Ask me, i can recommend you a very good math book.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by O0XYGEN: 9:22am On Apr 30, 2017
arinzeejikonye:

What's even fascinating about the roads you are posting.
There's nothing special about them
You will get a lot of these in even Togo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.