Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Ex-governor James Ibori Who Was Jailed In The UK Now Back In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-governor James Ibori Who Was Jailed In The UK Now Back In Nigeria? (3258 Views)

Sename Sosu And James Ibori At Tosin Saraki's Wedding / James Ibori Weeps At Alamieyeseigha’s Graveside In Bayelsa...Photos / James Ibori At The Burial Of Johnbull Fatimiro In Delta (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-governor James Ibori Who Was Jailed In The UK Now Back In Nigeria? by ezigbos: 8:03pm On Sep 05, 2016

A Twitter user, @royaltyuso, has claimed that former Delta state governor, James Ibori, was spotted yesterday, September 4, on Arik Air flight.

Recall that the former Nigerian governor was sentenced to 13 years in prison by Southwark Crown Court on April 17, 2012 after being found guilty of stealing $250 million from Nigerian treasury. He pleaded guilty to ten counts of money laundering and theft of public funds. His houses in Hampstead, Shaftesbury, South Africa, fleets of cars were confiscated.

[img]https://i.onthe.io/vllkyt2fmq853lkv2g.d35bd796.jpg[/img]
Re: Ex-governor James Ibori Who Was Jailed In The UK Now Back In Nigeria? by sobastical: 8:10pm On Sep 05, 2016
Source please? Am interested
Re: Ex-governor James Ibori Who Was Jailed In The UK Now Back In Nigeria? by WillOfAPrince(m): 8:15pm On Sep 05, 2016
Rumour mongers
Re: Ex-governor James Ibori Who Was Jailed In The UK Now Back In Nigeria? by Baawaa(m): 9:27pm On Sep 05, 2016
This is not rumour but raw lie from pit of hell

2 Likes

Re: Ex-governor James Ibori Who Was Jailed In The UK Now Back In Nigeria? by mykemiley(f): 10:23pm On Sep 05, 2016
So even til now sum pple still dey get sleepless nyt on top diz man matter?nawaoooo....
Re: Ex-governor James Ibori Who Was Jailed In The UK Now Back In Nigeria? by PFRB: 10:36pm On Sep 05, 2016
ezigbos:

A Twitter user, @royaltyuso, has claimed that former Delta state governor, James Ibori, was spotted yesterday, September 4, on Arik Air flight.

Recall that the former Nigerian governor was sentenced to 13 years in prison by Southwark Crown Court on April 17, 2012 after being found guilty of stealing $250 million from Nigerian treasury. He pleaded guilty to ten counts of money laundering and theft of public funds. His houses in Hampstead, Shaftesbury, South Africa, fleets of cars were confiscated.

[img]https://i.onthe.io/vllkyt2fmq853lkv2g.d35bd796.jpg[/img]

The highlighted is wrong..
Re: Ex-governor James Ibori Who Was Jailed In The UK Now Back In Nigeria? by Osehnetworld(m): 10:43pm On Sep 05, 2016
f
Re: Ex-governor James Ibori Who Was Jailed In The UK Now Back In Nigeria? by yarimo(m): 12:40am On Sep 06, 2016
And the people that sported him don't have camera abi? ARIK ko AIR FORCE ONE ni

1 Like

Re: Ex-governor James Ibori Who Was Jailed In The UK Now Back In Nigeria? by tit(f): 1:49am On Sep 06, 2016
you people want buhari to piss on his bed this night kwo?
Re: Ex-governor James Ibori Who Was Jailed In The UK Now Back In Nigeria? by chriskosherbal(m): 4:40am On Sep 06, 2016
Source pls
Re: Ex-governor James Ibori Who Was Jailed In The UK Now Back In Nigeria? by hUmaneOne: 7:10am On Sep 06, 2016
Wow..coincidently his right hand man and commissioner of finance in delta state Chief David Edevbie just resigned on the 1st of September.
Imagine somebody resigning from being a commissioner in delta state.

Something is going down..this has got to be true
Re: Ex-governor James Ibori Who Was Jailed In The UK Now Back In Nigeria? by Jethrolite(m): 8:40am On Sep 06, 2016
hUmaneOne:
Wow..coincidently his right hand man and commissioner of finance in delta state Chief David Edevbie just resigned on the 1st of September.
Imagine somebody resigning from being a commissioner in delta state.

Something is going down..this has got to be true
Did Edevbie resign? Wow. It has nothing to do with this news. Delta state is dead broke, monthly allocation is under N3bn, there is no money to embezzlement, IGR is at its lowest. PDP certainly won't win again in 2019 as it is not a sensible gamble to spend the kind of money that goes with winning election in delta state.
Re: Ex-governor James Ibori Who Was Jailed In The UK Now Back In Nigeria? by hUmaneOne: 8:53am On Sep 06, 2016
Jethrolite:
Did Edevbie resign? Wow. It has nothing to do with this news. Delta state is dead broke, monthly allocation is under N3bn, there is no money to embezzlement, IGR is at its lowest. PDP certainly won't win again in 2019 as it is not a sensible gamble to spend the kind of money that goes with winning election in delta state.

Monthly allocation is 3Billion ?c'mon its not true ,I think ..the FG allocations are everywhere on the internet to see.

Unverified rumours are that ibori is coming back to rule delta state with David Edevbie as his candidates in 2019.
Okowa knows he's no match for ibori,hence has decided to grab his booty during this 1st tenure and then leave in 2019. That is why delta is broke-he's grabbing all he can.

Edevbie cannot watch all these going on,decided to resign.actually he's been threatening to resign since April .Google it.
Re: Ex-governor James Ibori Who Was Jailed In The UK Now Back In Nigeria? by Jethrolite(m): 9:20am On Sep 06, 2016
hUmaneOne:

Monthly allocation is 3Billion ?c'mon its not true ,I think ..the FG allocations are everywhere on the internet to see.

Unverified rumours are that ibori is coming back to rule delta state with David Edevbie as his candidates in 2019.
Okowa knows he's no match for ibori,hence has decided to grab his booty during this 1st tenure and then leave in 2019. That is why delta is broke-he's grabbing all he can.

Edevbie cannot watch all these going on,decided to resign.actually he's been threatening to resign since April .Google it.
Federal allocation to states made public is before deduction, only osun after deduction has been made public. Remember the FG is now responsible deducting debt and paying creditors before sending the net amount to the state. After all deductions what is actually sent to delta state is not enough to do anything. Remember delta state has the highest or second highest debt profile of any state in Nigeria. You need to know people in power or direct beneficiaries in delta state to know what I am telling you. The situation is not funny. The local government chairman of the place I reside is always contemplating resigning, since he became chairman he stopped his hotel project. No money to do anything.
Re: Ex-governor James Ibori Who Was Jailed In The UK Now Back In Nigeria? by hUmaneOne: 9:55am On Sep 06, 2016
Jethrolite:
Federal allocation to states made public is before deduction, only osun after deduction has been made public. Remember the FG is now responsible deducting debt and paying creditors before sending the net amount to the state. After all deductions what is actually sent to delta state is not enough to do anything. Remember delta state has the highest or second highest debt profile of any state in Nigeria. You need to know people in power or direct beneficiaries in delta state to know what I am telling you. The situation is not funny. The local government chairman of the place I reside is always contemplating resigning, since he became chairman he stopped his hotel project. No money to do anything.
Nice info about the deductions thanks..
But Delta also has a very good IGR despite the NDA bombings?
Re: Ex-governor James Ibori Who Was Jailed In The UK Now Back In Nigeria? by helovesme(f): 10:11am On Sep 06, 2016
hUmaneOne:

Absolutely Impossible. He cannot compete for any election in nigeria because he is a confirmed/certified ex-convict.

The minute ibori steps his foot in nigeria, he is going to get arraigned in a court by EFCC. He had an ongoing case before he eloped from nigeria. His current jail term in the UK is just part 1. He has part 2 to face in nigeria.

The British charges which he is currently in jail for his totally different from his charges/offences in nigeria.

There's no way he is going to get presidential pardon. Buhari is not GEJ who was so foolish to have granted presidential pardon to alamieyeseigha
Re: Ex-governor James Ibori Who Was Jailed In The UK Now Back In Nigeria? by hUmaneOne: 10:24am On Sep 06, 2016
helovesme:

Absolutely Impossible. He cannot compete for any election in nigeria because he is a confirmed/certified ex-convict.

The minute ibori steps his foot in nigeria, he is going to get arraigned in a court by EFCC. He had an ongoing case before he eloped from nigeria. His current jail term in the UK is just part 1. He has part 2 to face in nigeria.

The British charges which he is currently in jail for his totally different from his charges/offences in nigeria.

There's no way he is going to get presidential pardon. Buhari is not GEJ who was so foolish to have granted presidential pardon to alamieyeseigha

Hello lady please re read my comments

Unverified rumours are that ibori is coming back to rule delta state with David Edevbie as his candidate in 2019.

Edevbie has always been heading one committee or another ever since ibori was in power. He's one of the few deltans who has been consistently in power since 1999. So these rumours aren't far fetched

2 Likes

Re: Ex-governor James Ibori Who Was Jailed In The UK Now Back In Nigeria? by helovesme(f): 10:30am On Sep 06, 2016
hUmaneOne:

Hello lady please re read my comments

Edevbie has always been heading committees ever since ibori was in power. He's one of the few deltans who has been consistently in power since 1999. So these rumours aren't far fetched

Oh okay. I really doubt if ibori will adopt a "political godfather" when he returns to nigeria. A lot of people will ensure it never happens.
Re: Ex-governor James Ibori Who Was Jailed In The UK Now Back In Nigeria? by hUmaneOne: 10:52am On Sep 06, 2016
helovesme:

Oh okay. I really doubt if ibori will adopt a "political godfather" when he returns to nigeria. A lot of people will ensure it never happens.

Ma'am are you a deltan? grin
That man has clout.he has a very big fan base of powerful men and the common man as well.
It is thought that he was a victim as a result of the struggle for resource control.

I tend to believe that too .his counterpart from Edo,Rivers stole billions openly but wasn't nailed as well because they kept mum.
Only him and Alams from bayelsa were nailed as they were in the forefront for niger delta resource control.
Peter Odili was a known dollar billionaire. Igbinedion had refineries in SA and Venezuela.

I like justice but I prefer total justice which was not in this case, given.

If total justice was given,you wouldn't have seen thiefs like Ibori having supporters.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-governor James Ibori Who Was Jailed In The UK Now Back In Nigeria? by Jethrolite(m): 11:33am On Sep 06, 2016
hUmaneOne:

Nice info about the deductions thanks..
But Delta also has a very good IGR despite the NDA bombings?
IGR is also affected. Believe me when I tell you things are bad especially for a person like the governor who has been holding one important office or the other since 1999. He knows what past governors made in the past, even Edevbie has been commissioner of finance for a very long time. So they know how things have turned for the worst. The most painful part is the plan of borrowing massively was destroyed by the FG, when the FG banned states from issuing bonds or borrowing from banks instead they must borrow from the FG. For that to happen certain strict criteria had to be met. The governor was in the process of trying to borrow from the FG when PMB didn't believe his presentation and ordered head count of all civil servants. Delta state was unable to meet the criteria for borrowing and TSA has been enforced. All capital projects have been suspended. Delta state is in deep mess.

Just watch what happens in 2019, APC will most likely win as it no longer makes sense to spend huge sum to win election and be unable to recover the money you spent during election while in office.
Re: Ex-governor James Ibori Who Was Jailed In The UK Now Back In Nigeria? by hUmaneOne: 4:11pm On Sep 06, 2016
Jethrolite:
IGR is also affected. Believe me when I tell you things are bad especially for a person like the governor who has been holding one important office or the other since 1999. He knows what past governors made in the past, even Edevbie has been commissioner of finance for a very long time. So they know how things have turned for the worst. The most painful part is the plan of borrowing massively was destroyed by the FG, when the FG banned states from issuing bonds or borrowing from banks instead they must borrow from the FG. For that to happen certain strict criteria had to be met. The governor was in the process of trying to borrow from the FG when PMB didn't believe his presentation and ordered head count of all civil servants. Delta state was unable to meet the criteria for borrowing and TSA has been enforced. All capital projects have been suspended. Delta state is in deep mess.

Just watch what happens in 2019, APC will most likely win as it no longer makes sense to spend huge sum to win election and be unable to recover the money you spent during election while in office.

Thanks..it's a whole new exposure.
You're are very much near the Top

(1) (Reply)

Nationwide Fasting And Prayers Declared As Buhari’s Health Worsens / Gov Ortom: "I Only Treat Snake Bites, I Don't Own A Snake Farm" Ortom / Orji Uzo Kalu Sprays Dollars At Daughter's Wedding,nigerians Reacts(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.