Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Youths In Rivers Exchange Gunfire With Soldiers Over Oil Site - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youths In Rivers Exchange Gunfire With Soldiers Over Oil Site (31943 Views)

IPOB Clashes With Soldiers At Isigate, Umuahia... Happening Now / Boko Haram Abandon Their Injured Member During Battle With Soldiers & Flee(pics) / Army Reacts To Video Of Protesting Soldiers Over Maltreatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youths In Rivers Exchange Gunfire With Soldiers Over Oil Site by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 06, 2016
Dpharisee:
The Army should apply the rules of engagement and stop the wanton destruction of innocent peoples properties in anger.
I think that General Buratai should be court marshaled for the loss of his men in Operation Crocodile Smile who drowned in Brass River without any engagement with militants due to their inability to swim and lack of proper amphibious training prior to deployment; we cant continue to lose our soldiers indiscriminately in avoidable circumstances.
those drown soldiers were probably admitted into the army through backdoor. soldiers go through swimming training.
Re: Youths In Rivers Exchange Gunfire With Soldiers Over Oil Site by RZArecta(m): 9:37pm On Sep 06, 2016
kaeforum:

[s]The people in the communities know who these criminals are , they know their hideouts, but they will never tell security forces, even when their evil children kidnap people , they see the kidnapped victims but prefer to support them because of money, they deserve what they get.

A friend of mine who was recently kidnapped and tied to a tree, said there was a church program going on about a few metres from where he was tied. The people carried on as if nothing was happening, imagine such evil and wickedness in some communities.

The Niger Delta region is the only region in Nigeria where there is no respect for elders by the youths, I think its because their parents never showed good example to their grand parents, no wonder its so backward amidst its so called wealth[/s].
see one of the people I was talking about, common sense is not common at all at all
Re: Youths In Rivers Exchange Gunfire With Soldiers Over Oil Site by mindtricks: 11:54pm On Sep 06, 2016
Pierocash:
when soldiers levels down d whole community d wailers and d enemies of naija wil cry 'Buhari is a dictator' bt they won't cal their children to order
Niger Deltans always dwell with this false mentality that they confront and withstand d Nigeria Military bt wil be d first to cry whn they been dealt with.
ODI massacre comes to mind

Reason why govt MUST above all, thread with caution and handle the matter with wisdom. If those aged people who are victims have no hand in the violence or even given support to it, then it is most unfair for them to suffer such losses.
Re: Youths In Rivers Exchange Gunfire With Soldiers Over Oil Site by mindtricks: 12:07am On Sep 07, 2016
Izonpikin:
i am trying to school someone on that...

where was the army when these miscreants attack innocent persons on the sea going about their businesses.....

the army is only concerned about oil but yet want innocent people to risk their lives dishing out information overtly about the miscreants...

That is my worry with Nigerians and their typical self-centredness. They don't care anything about that part of the country except for steady flow of oil revenue. Whatever evil the oil exploration might be causing the people of that region is nobody's business and it absolutely does not matter.

1 Like

Re: Youths In Rivers Exchange Gunfire With Soldiers Over Oil Site by Adminisher: 4:05am On Sep 07, 2016
Pierocash:
when soldiers levels down d whole community d wailers and d enemies of naija wil cry 'Buhari is a dictator' bt they won't cal their children to order
Niger Deltans always dwell with this false mentality that they confront and withstand d Nigeria Military bt wil be d first to cry whn they been dealt with.
ODI massacre comes to mind

The Nigerian Army should stop taking these unprofessional jobs. There should be licensed security contractors providing this kind of security for oil spill assessment teams.
Re: Youths In Rivers Exchange Gunfire With Soldiers Over Oil Site by Izonpikin: 6:00am On Sep 07, 2016
mindtricks:

That is my worry with Nigerians and their typical self-centredness. They don't care anything about that part of the country except for steady flow of oil revenue. Whatever evil the oil exploration might be causing the people of that region is nobody's business and it absolutely does not matter.
spot on Bro. ..The locals are also victims of these miscreants..where is all the navy and army to protect locals before the rise of the avengers...my parents have stopped going to the village because of the devastating acts of sea pirates...where was the FG...since ofcourse states can't even independently protect themselves...
Re: Youths In Rivers Exchange Gunfire With Soldiers Over Oil Site by godwinkessi: 11:24pm On Sep 09, 2016
Pierocash:

why should d community accommodate and harbour such criminals withoup exposing them,and u want d community to be exonerated frm a reprisal and commisurate-brutish attack frm d military

Which means entire north should be wiped cos of Boko haram.? U sound like an idiat without sense.
Re: Youths In Rivers Exchange Gunfire With Soldiers Over Oil Site by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 09, 2016
hakeem4:
These boys have the balls to fight soldiers

I remember the time one Hausa soldier slapped me in public I couldn't shout, it was the man beside me that was just shouting " yeeeeeeey!!!!"

People were now asking why was he shouting. He said because he knows the slap would be very painful
And it's right for a military personnel to slap you ignorance is the problem with Nigeria, case closed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bloody Clash Between Fayose And Olujimi Supporters In Ekiti State / Abba Kyari: A New Twist In The Tale - Tunde Olusunle / Bandits Demand N40 Trillion, 150 Bikes To Release 16 Kaduna Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.