Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,592 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) (70763 Views)

₦163b, 19floors Into The Ground, China To Open Groundscraper Hotel In 2018(pics) / Private Jet Looking Like A Hotel That Costs N27 Million From Lagos To Abuja / Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Pennywise(m): 10:33pm On Sep 11, 2016
fados4sure:

Bed bug in #12k? Do you mind to share the name so i won't be a victim
Sorry Bro. No way. I can't . Not only bug problem. The lights went out at about midnight. No gen till 6am. See mosquitoes. This hotel is an institution as far as hotelling in Benin is concerned and a reference for others in the past (apparently). I had lots of good time in that hotel in the past, so I feel indebted to them.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 11, 2016
I can't help but laugh. Well I am a Corper serving in college of education ekiadolor benin city. I can say the college accommodation is executive but it by far beta Dan ur hotel description. From here to ringroad will cost u 250H dats 500daily or less. If you don't mind I can let u stay here with me and other fellow Corpers. If and only if u don't mind a roommate. Msg me if I can be of elp

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by temmy1989: 10:37pm On Sep 11, 2016
Can't u rent a room at leasst u can pay for 6month lolz so funny they will suck ur spem oh blood finish oooooooo
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by moscobabs(m): 10:38pm On Sep 11, 2016
Agidiogun:
I can't help but laugh. Well I am a Corper serving in college of education ekiadolor benin city. I can say the college accommodation is executive but it by far beta Dan ur hotel description. From here to ringroad will cost u 250H dats 500daily or less. If you don't mind I can let u stay here with me and other fellow Corpers. If and only if u don't mind a roommate. Msg me if I can be of elp
thanks bro. I leta got a better hotel at #2500 and I spent my last day in Benin there I back to lag yesterday.

check the 2nd page for update of my experience

thank u once again bro
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by ademusiwa11a: 10:42pm On Sep 11, 2016
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by moscobabs(m): 10:43pm On Sep 11, 2016
StephenJoseph:
@ OP, I feel your pain and am not comfortable seeing someone going through such pain. If you had said you wanted help on free accommodation, I wouldn't mind helping you because I base in Benin. You go enjoy your stay. I go on gen, fan go dey blow you and you go thank me later before leaving to Lagos. I stay in self contain, its tiles and PVC. Good and sweet accommodation
thanks for the kind gesture bro. if u check m
the 2nd page of this thread u will see the update there I got a nice hotel at #2500 at iyaro that was where I spent my last 2 days in Benin I back in Lagos yesternight.

There are beta and cheap hotels in Benin just that I got a wrong one .

Thank u very much once again
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by lyricalz: 10:50pm On Sep 11, 2016
OP u no try @ all o, it shows u're confirm ajebo pikin. Lol. When I went 2 benin on biz trip I lodged in d same class of hotel like u did for 3days. As warri pikin na + omo lasu + born in aj. U knw na, 3para in one man. I jes go buy insecticide N500 finish d whole container for the room, lock am go bar downstairs go flex small. Wen I came back no single bed bug, n I really enjoyed my 3day stay.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 11, 2016
madapcmod:
This must be Edo/Delta hotel at akpakpava. Very old hotel
Bros forget o... Edo delta room still tight
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 11, 2016
infoblaster:
Dont waste your time any longer by not wanting to name the true identity of the hotel. This is Feedwell Hotel, located few meters to Benin Electricity Distribution Company, Corporate Headquarters in Benin city.

I once passed through your situation some years ago which should be around 2008/2009 when i used to lodge there whenever i come around to Benin. But methinks by now, the hotel should have stepped up sha

Gbam. That place can't even be called a hotel. Very dirty place. Never seen a place that dirty in my life.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 11, 2016
Pennywise:

I have used numerous hotels in Nigeria and around the world. And I can usually predict what an average room will cost me just by looking at the hotel facade and reception. But Benin Protea took me by surprise. Too pricey and so not worth it

Bed bug problem is not limited to the extreme low end hotels in Benin. I had bed bug issue in a 12k room hotel around ring road a few weeks ago. Very sad. Used to be one of the best in town.
Don't bother. Lemme guess... Lixborr hotel. Place used to be my favorite. Going to the dogs
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Pennywise(m): 11:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
@Op, good to know you are back to base.

Guys in Benin should give us update about good hotels particularly the newer ones. I have used the Royal sth (marble?) hotel and Vichy gates at Ihama. Good n reasonably priced but very bad access road.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Benelegend: 11:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
Mr man there better and cheaper hotel you can Lodge in Benin city for 2k with standby generator. Call me @08060413753.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Kakamorufu(m): 11:01pm On Sep 11, 2016
it is well ooo
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Pennywise(m): 11:02pm On Sep 11, 2016
ismokeweed:

Don't bother. Lemme guess... Lixborr hotel. Place used to be my favorite. Going to the dogs

Bigger and older than Lixbor.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 11, 2016
Pennywise:
@Op, good to know you are back to base.

Guys in Benin should give us update about good hotels particularly the newer ones. I have used the Royal sth (marble?) hotel and Vichy gates at Ihama. Good n reasonably priced but very bad access road.
Medium end hotels full here that can give you above average comfort. Ihama road isn't that bad.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by anibestlala(m): 11:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
moscobabs:
I told her I can't stay in any of those rooms and she said if I have #2k then she will show me the better rooms, these rooms are in 1st and 2nd floor of the hotel. We went there I was not comfortable but the faces of those that occupy the other rooms attracted me , they look well learned and even richer than me I was told most of them have spent 2 to 3 weeks there and they came from Lagos too . the whole 8 rooms in the first floor is occupied and there are 3 rooms vacant in the 2nd floor which I quickly grab even though I see mosquitoes blood all over the wall.

I went back to the reception and pay 2k for a night lodge . The room has a 5 inches Television that's not working again, the fan is dirty and only speed 5 is working, the WC handle has broken and the toilet door is bad, cobweb everywhere, the bedsheet is stained with sperm and there is a lady attachment on the bed ...this shows they just finish playing wrestling on the bed, I beg the attendant to please change the bed sheet and she did that is when I discover that the mattress is old and dirty.

I have no other choice than lodge there for the night, I asked for their bar and she took me downstairs guess what I see in the bar....Many olosho drinking and smoking in the dark side of the bar,I saw an empty seat in one corner of the bar and I decided to sit there to avoid cigarette smoke what I met there pass me walahi... I saw an empty pack of gold circle with some wrap of tissue paper I felt irritated and left asap for another bar outside where I took 2 bottles of Heineken before I came back to spend the wonderful night.
funny how you can voluntarily subject yourself to sickness for 2k forgetting that a full course treatment for malaria is expensive. smh
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 11, 2016
Pennywise:

Bigger and older than Lixbor.
OK. That's only hotel really close to ring road I've stayed.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Pennywise(m): 11:08pm On Sep 11, 2016
Benelegend:
Mr man there better and cheaper hotel you can Lodge in Benin city for 2k with standby generator. Call me @08060413753.

I don't do small hotels Bro. only medium to big and safe ones. I can't have someone pulling a knife on me through the window for cell fone in the middle of the night
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Smellymouth: 11:11pm On Sep 11, 2016
ismokeweed:

Not sure central hotel is this bad. That feedwell is near where I work. Only entered the bar but nna.. Odikwa rugged. Some kind old mamas just gallant there. One asked me "Fine boy, make we fvck". She should be like 42 years. I started stammering and my d1ck was then like biro cover. I de smoke igbo no mean say I de craze.

cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Pennywise(m): 11:15pm On Sep 11, 2016
ismokeweed:

OK. That's only hotel really close to ring road I've stayed.

How can u be living in Benin and be lodging in these hotels in Benin. Them dey pursue you?

2 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by blaqiz: 11:16pm On Sep 11, 2016
smileylol.....sorry oo....tank God is bedbug not witchcraft
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by OneManLegion(m): 11:16pm On Sep 11, 2016
ismokeweed:

Not sure central hotel is this bad. That feedwell is near where I work. Only entered the bar but nna.. Odikwa rugged. Some kind old mamas just gallant there. One asked me "Fine boy, make we fvck". She should be like 42 years. I started stammering and my d1ck was then like biro cover. I de smoke igbo no mean say I de craze.

Hahahaha.

Bad man.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Pennywise(m): 11:18pm On Sep 11, 2016
ismokeweed:

Medium end hotels full here that can give you above average comfort. Ihama road isn't that bad.

A few names will be nice to have. Most do not have online presence.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Originalsly: 11:20pm On Sep 11, 2016
Bro... in this hard times... I suggest you offer people 1500 per nite to stay in their home. In this hard times...you will find much better and safer place to stay but please.... get rid of all bed bugs before changing g residence.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 11, 2016
Pennywise:

How can u be living in Benin and be lodging in these hotels in Benin. Them dey pursue you?
Hahaha... Just need to getaway sometimes. Or may go out at night and not want to risk going all the way home. I no try am again now sha. Recession plus my place is inside main town now.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by agesron(f): 11:26pm On Sep 11, 2016
moscobabs:
The bed,The table and my legs putting on the table while sleeping. there is Raid on top of that bed

U try sir, if u still wanna stay long there, please I beg u, find another place to lodge because this place is not good for your health. Remember if u fall ill now that money u r saving might not solve it. Thanks.

cc : justwise

DisGuy

lalasticla

seun
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by chimony4real: 11:26pm On Sep 11, 2016
guy go get inset killer like Raid or this guys with e dey kill mosquito well well. n fleet in the room and on the Bed as your leaving in the morning and also at evening by 6pm so by 7 u can use d bed.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Pennywise(m): 11:29pm On Sep 11, 2016
ismokeweed:

Hahaha... Just need to getaway sometimes. Or may go out at night and not want to risk going all the way home. I no try am again now sha. Recession plus my place is inside main town now.

You can also advice on good short term haunts for our Benin residents.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 11, 2016
Pennywise:

You can also advice on good short term haunts for our Benin residents.
The person will have to pm. Tastes and requirements vary.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by greggng: 11:39pm On Sep 11, 2016
moscobabs:
The following morning I pack my bag and I say goodbye to them. when I reach office I called a colleague and ask him if I can get a cheap hotel of not more than 2k around, the only one he could point at is the same hotel. I leta come out for him that I spent my night there and I narrated my experience to his , he was just laughing and tell.me.its normal because I looked for cheap thing I have to pay the price as well, that even the top managers that have been visiting are lodging in that same hotel. meanwhile my hotel allowance is 4k per night and those ogas is 6k if those big bosses with big cars are spending days in the stinky place to save 4k daily why won't I do the same to save 2k ?

Fellow Nairalanders I have been here for 2 weeks now o. I have changed my room 4 times but still the same experience but me don't sleep on the bed again o .I sleep on the chair and carry my leg on top table lol

...I'm doing this to save 2k ni o. May God help Nigeria o Hardship is a bad experience o.

I don laugh die. This remind me of my experience at iseyin nysc orientation camp. You can only go to toilet only if you ve marijuana in ur hand. Only weed can takes away the odour from the toilet. So must of us do short put.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by CuteTj(m): 11:44pm On Sep 11, 2016
@ moscobabs, the following sentences highlighted below made me laugh so hard...

Even though I see mosquito blood all over the wall

5 inches television

Only speed 5 is working

This shows they just finished playing wrestling on the bed

GO 90

But I accept it because I know she knows more than me

Callous creature

And the bedsheet was full of blood as if I just disflower a virgin

I sleep in my chair and I carry my leg on top table

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

National Park Abuja Video, Photo: You Won't Believe This Place Exist In Nigeria / Ethiopia Just Entered 2013 While The Rest Of The World Is In 2020 - HistoryVille / Aminu Yakubu Dies Of Coronavirus In Katsina 3 Days After Returning From Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.