Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,464 members, 7,819,689 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) (70766 Views)

₦163b, 19floors Into The Ground, China To Open Groundscraper Hotel In 2018(pics) / Private Jet Looking Like A Hotel That Costs N27 Million From Lagos To Abuja / Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
Lexusgs430:
Your story wan blow my intestines with laughter. Truly they say, cheap things usually turn out expensive.
To stay in a fairly decent hotel, 10k or higher is the mark.
Anything lower, it's you bedbugs, cockroaches, mosquitoes and rats...........
Now you are sleeping on the chair, while that lovely looking bed is craving your attention................
Not true. I can call plenty hotels in Benin on 5-6k budget where you will be over comfortable.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by moscobabs(m): 10:06pm On Sep 11, 2016
ismokeweed:

Not sure central hotel is this bad. That feedwell is near where I work. Only entered the bar but nna.. Odikwa rugged. Some kind old mamas just gallant there. One asked me "Fine boy, make we fvck". She should be like 42 years. I started stammering and my d1ck was then like biro cover. I de smoke igbo no mean say I de craze.

u guess right bro
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Marvel1206: 10:07pm On Sep 11, 2016
Ewww... Am literally scratching my body and killing imaginary bedbugs on my body now after reading your ordeal in that fvckd hotel.. If i were you, i would have packed out that very night.. Eeish! Moscobabs! You try o

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by madapcmod: 10:08pm On Sep 11, 2016
This must be Edo/Delta hotel at akpakpava. Very old hotel
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Bifwoli: 10:08pm On Sep 11, 2016
You should try a hotel in Mushin or Oworonshoki - there you get real decay and afonja diseases.

This ain't nothing.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Young03(m): 10:09pm On Sep 11, 2016
ismokeweed:
Don't worry... I'm going to guess the name. Feedwell hotel

Jesus guy u bad oo

na feedwell opposite total filling station

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by cyrilamx(m): 10:10pm On Sep 11, 2016
moscobabs:

thanks bro.. I never sleep since yesternight but u know the funniest?

I'm still praying for the assignment to continue in fact I can spend 6 months like this.... lol. what I need now is to go and look for Hausa mat cos I still need to rest.

cata has been worrying me since last 2 weeks now because I m denying myself of sleep
if u still in Benin I hv a better hotel off Etete rd, GRA you will love for just 2k a night. Standard room but no Gen yet...light is constant...we undergoing reconstruction . Am not joking. WhatsApp me if u interested 08034865374
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by lastpage: 10:10pm On Sep 11, 2016
Bifwoli:
You should try a hotel in Mushin or Oworonshoki - there you get real decay and afonja diseases.

This ain't nothing.

Look at this tribal "mowrun"!

You must just vent your silly hatred for other tribes, on every thread.

Olori'pelebe

Lastpage!

6 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Lexusgs430: 10:10pm On Sep 11, 2016
ismokeweed:

Not true. I can call plenty hotels in Benin on 5-6k budget where you will be over comfortable.

I usually budget 10K minimum for a decent rest
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by chieveboy(m): 10:10pm On Sep 11, 2016
Bedbugs...the ones in one of my friend's house at an Army Barracks are so well trained and fast as those guys changing tyres in Formular 1 Racing. Don't be deceived by an innocent looking chair...you feel their impact soon as you touch down...they have memorized the drill so well...

5 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by infoblaster: 10:11pm On Sep 11, 2016
Dont waste your time any longer by not wanting to name the true identity of the hotel. This is Feedwell Hotel, located few meters to Benin Electricity Distribution Company, Corporate Headquarters in Benin city.

I once passed through your situation some years ago which should be around 2008/2009 when i used to lodge there whenever i come around to Benin. But methinks by now, the hotel should have stepped up sha

moscobabs:
The bed,The table and my legs putting on the table while sleeping. there is Raid on top of that bed

cc : justwise

DisGuy

lalasticla

seun

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by 9jaMalay: 10:11pm On Sep 11, 2016
When u go stay 2k hotel, u dey complain...guy abeg kindly park well...spend ur money n get a good hotel room in benin ok...at least from 5k above..talking from experience
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by GoodSide: 10:12pm On Sep 11, 2016
for how much
moscobabs:

Comet hotel is at iyaro beside iyaro mosque opposite the traffic light

is a. complete hotel with all facilities
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Abagworo(m): 10:14pm On Sep 11, 2016
moscobabs:
The following morning I pack my bag and I say goodbye to them. when I reach office I called a colleague and ask him if I can get a cheap hotel of not more than 2k around, the only one he could point at is the same hotel. I leta come out for him that I spent my night there and I narrated my experience to his , he was just laughing and tell.me.its normal because I looked for cheap thing I have to pay the price as well, that even the top managers that have been visiting are lodging in that same hotel. meanwhile my hotel allowance is 4k per night and those ogas is 6k if those big bosses with big cars are spending days in the stinky place to save 4k daily why won't I do the same to save 2k ?

Fellow Nairalanders I have been here for 2 weeks now o. I have changed my room 4 times but still the same experience but me don't sleep on the bed again o .I sleep on the chair and carry my leg on top table lol

...I'm doing this to save 2k ni o. May God help Nigeria o Hardship is a bad experience o.

There are chemicals that kill bugs. Enter Benin market and buy one of them to fulmigate your room. Some are as cheap as 1k.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by moscobabs(m): 10:16pm On Sep 11, 2016
GoodSide:
for how much
I did not see the 2k own but #2,500 they r very nice room
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by IAMJojo(m): 10:17pm On Sep 11, 2016
StephenJoseph:
@ OP, I feel your pain and am not comfortable seeing someone going through such pain. If you had said you wanted help on free accommodation, I wouldn't mind helping you because I base in Benin. You go enjoy your stay. I go on gen, fan go dey blow you and you go thank me later before leaving to Lagos. I stay in self contain, its tiles and PVC. Good and sweet accommodation
Abeg bros,any apartment vacant 4 near u,na self contain i dea find 2,beta won
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by lastpage: 10:18pm On Sep 11, 2016
Etinosajay:

It's not 120k, but it's expensive.

There are Lagos standard hotels in Benin for good money per night.

You think say Benin na bush?

The op complaining says he's from lagos abi ? What sort of hotel room will he get for 2k per night?

He wont even get "short-time" for thirty minutes, at that price.
That must be 2003 price in Lagos, for one hour grin grin grin

Dont ask me how l take know, l nor be ashewo like you but l dey hear people talk am.

Lastpage!
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by GoodSide: 10:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
with tv,wifi
i will like to book thr
moscobabs:

I did not see the 2k own but #2,500 they r very nice room
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by moscobabs(m): 10:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
infoblaster:
Dont waste your time any longer by not wanting to name the true identity of the hotel. This is Feedwell Hotel, located few meters to Benin Electricity Distribution Company, Corporate Headquarters in Benin city.

I once passed through your situation some years ago which should be around 2008/2009 when i used to lodge there whenever i come around to Benin. But methinks by now, the hotel should have stepped up sha

its feedwell they never step up o. don't just try to enter there , that's worst hotel ever

I will never pray for my enemy to pass a night there

2 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Pennywise(m): 10:21pm On Sep 11, 2016
fados4sure:

It's even 35k per night now in d lowest room. When i went there last year, it was 50k why presidential room was 120k up ward

I have used numerous hotels in Nigeria and around the world. And I can usually predict what an average room will cost me just by looking at the hotel facade and reception. But Benin Protea took me by surprise. Too pricey and so not worth it

Bed bug problem is not limited to the extreme low end hotels in Benin. I had bed bug issue in a 12k room hotel around ring road a few weeks ago. Very sad. Used to be one of the best in town.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by doyinisaac(m): 10:22pm On Sep 11, 2016
ichommy:
Hian, Kpele jare moscobabs.

Bi owo tiri beni Ogun mon grin

Edo and Rugged is like 5&6
grin grin grin you have cracked my ribs oooo
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by saxyminia: 10:23pm On Sep 11, 2016
young man u shudnt come here to say ds hw on earth can u see a good room of 1500anywhr in ds country. the lagos ure hw much is d cheapest hotel room. bro u cud ve stayed wit a colleague rada dan coming to say ds.d cheapest hotel in benin is 4k/night....1500 is a dog house
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 11, 2016
buy one big bottle of sniper and use it to fumigate the room and the bed every morning when you are going out, trust me, you will be able to sleep ion the bed at night.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by swimcash(m): 10:24pm On Sep 11, 2016
NikzonConsult:
I know the situation of the country now warranted this but the truth is saving that 2k and being this uncomfortable is not just reasonable because you might end up spending all you are saving and even extra more by the time you fall ill from this torture. There are very good hotels off airport road in Benin City around GRA the go for 3500 - 4500 with A/C and over free from bedbugs. Haba sir, please help yourself oooo because what am seeing in your picture is not healthy at all and if you have wife and kids please think about them.

Also remember that Lassa fever is out again and that place you are looks like were the relatives of the Lassa fever rats stay so please do not be there when they come visiting Abeg.

Find De Marriott Hotel by spirit & life church, giwa amu road off airport road Benin City. Classy at N4000.
WORD bro, u nailed it. its obvious d op is paying 2k in an hotel meant 4 prostitutes n dere client
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Bifwoli: 10:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
lastpage:

Look at this tribal "mowrun"!

You must just vent your silly hatred for other tribes, on every thread.

Olori'pelebe

Lastpage!

I'm just spiritual and not tribal. But i guess you Ajegunle types don't have an open mind or a broader worldview since all you've known is slumlife.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
Pennywise:

I have used numerous hotels in Nigeria and around the world. And I can usually predict what an average room will cost me just by looking at the hotel facade and reception. But Benin Protea took me by surprise. Too pricey and so not worth it

Bed bug problem is not limited to the extreme low end hotels in Benin. I had bed bug issue in a 12k room hotel around ring road a few weeks ago. Very sad. Used to be one of the best in town.
Bed bug in #12k? Do you mind to share the name so i won't be a victim
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by moscobabs(m): 10:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
lastpage:

He wont even get "short-time" for thirty minutes, at that price.
That must be 2003 price in Lagos, for one hour grin grin grin

Dont ask me how l take know, l nor be ashewo like you but l dey hear people talk am.

Lastpage!

if u read update of my story in 2nd page u won't be saying this I leta got a well equiped hotel In iyaro at #2500 and I enjoyed my last 2 days In Benin
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by dantori(m): 10:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
moscobabs:
The bed,The table and my legs putting on the table while sleeping. there is Raid on top of that bed

cc : justwise

DisGuy

lalasticla

seun

Lemme help you,
find kerosene and this white bug powder spray both on their locations and make the staffs take the most vulnerable things out in the sun like d matress and table .
Thank me later
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by sleekman(m): 10:27pm On Sep 11, 2016
moscobabs:

Economy recession has change a lot of rich and average people to poor people.

I was not the type that look for cheap things but the situation of things in the country turns me to another person because I have a lot of bills to pay and ego( money) no enter as it used to enter before.

Month ago I created a thread that I needed a cheap hotel where I can lodge in Benin that was after I have spent like 5days in one of the expensive hotels around Dawson and I was very broke so I needed a hotel that will less than 2k because I still have like 3 more weeks to finish my assignment in Benin .

On that day many Samaritans on Nairaland suggested some cheaper hotel for me and I eventually picked the one that is close to my place of assignment around Akpakpava, when I got to the hotel (name withheld ) I knew I won't enjoy my stay but never expect what am experiencing though. The attendant showed me some rooms for #1500 even dog can not survive if he sleep there talk less of human such person will just suffocate, the smell of sperm and cums plus bedbugs blood are stinky than that of abattior .
what u should do is to buy a small can of DD force, mix with water and spray it on the bed before leaving for work in d morning. Trust me U'll see wonders

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 11, 2016
moscobabs:
The following morning I pack my bag and I say goodbye to them. when I reach office I called a colleague and ask him if I can get a cheap hotel of not more than 2k around, the only one he could point at is the same hotel. I leta come out for him that I spent my night there and I narrated my experience to his , he was just laughing and tell.me.its normal because I looked for cheap thing I have to pay the price as well, that even the top managers that have been visiting are lodging in that same hotel. meanwhile my hotel allowance is 4k per night and those ogas is 6k if those big bosses with big cars are spending days in the stinky place to save 4k daily why won't I do the same to save 2k ?

Fellow Nairalanders I have been here for 2 weeks now o. I have changed my room 4 times but still the same experience but me don't sleep on the bed again o .I sleep on the chair and carry my leg on top table lol

...I'm doing this to save 2k ni o. May God help Nigeria o Hardship is a bad experience o.

Eya kpele op,g.ra de there,ekenwan dey u no go 1st east circular nd 2nd dey u no go ur problem na d 2k no b hotel..u wan pa 2k to get oriental or eko hotel service? U b aro...uyi grand bed bug no go bite u,randekhi hotel bed bug no go bite u...abeg no come online dey spoil benin if u no wan make eruku track u...rotfl
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by lmm4real: 10:31pm On Sep 11, 2016
Etinosajay:

It's not 120k, but it's expensive.

There are Lagos standard hotels in Benin for good money per night.

You think say Benin na bush?

The op complaining says he's from lagos abi ? What sort of hotel room will he get for 2k per night?

Non
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Deepfreezer(m): 10:32pm On Sep 11, 2016
Op use ur brain mehnn. Rent a short term room, and all u need to buy is mattress.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

National Park Abuja Video, Photo: You Won't Believe This Place Exist In Nigeria / Ethiopia Just Entered 2013 While The Rest Of The World Is In 2020 - HistoryVille / Aminu Yakubu Dies Of Coronavirus In Katsina 3 Days After Returning From Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.