Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry (33210 Views)

Patapaa: " They Say I Am Ugly And A Villager And Sometimes It Hurts Me" / Foreign Shows Are Non-profitable, African Shows Pay More – Yemi Alade / If I'm Dry, Why Are My Shows Sold Out? - Comedian Ay Comes For His Haters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by emamos: 5:23pm On Sep 11, 2016
floragregs:
But they are dry na. Especially when he's mimicking white garment people. The shows are sold out because people go there to listen to other comedians and watch artists perform.
you are bad mehn, u don finish am..
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by damola311: 5:23pm On Sep 11, 2016
My brother, you are not funny.... Anytime I'm watching skit online and I see you are next, I fast it forward to the next person..... You are only good at business, that's why you are still relevant, but funny? HELL NO!

8 Likes

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 11, 2016

1 Like

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by cornel994(m): 5:30pm On Sep 11, 2016
It is sold out becus of oda comedians, try doin an "only me" shw n c wat happens
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 11, 2016
OKorowanta:
People are just not fair on Ay,70% of his jokes are so funny.
If naija don biliv somethings,to change am dey hard.
Go to YouTube and watch him without the generally held notion by the public and without sentiment.
Tell me which of the Ay sounded so funny in 30 days in Atlanta?
Speak for yourself. I slept all through 30days in Atlanta.
I didnt even finish watching it sef. It was that interesting

8 Likes

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 11, 2016
suzan404:
Everything na packaging undecided

Fine gal
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by happney65: 5:42pm On Sep 11, 2016
PrinceAbinibi:
He is the best at what he does, he organises the best shows, he knows a lot about marketing and packaging. He is a super hype machine. Is he a great comedian? Probably not, is he good? Yes

Well Said.!!!
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by beautiful232(f): 5:44pm On Sep 11, 2016
no be to Dance round the stage you dey do??
I'm always in your show not for you but for other comedians
so get it right if na only you the perform
You for no see me ok instant I go use that my ticket money go buy p/soup tongue

1 Like

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Henricarter(m): 5:44pm On Sep 11, 2016
OKorowanta:
People are just not fair on Ay,70% of his jokes are so funny.
If naija don biliv somethings,to change am dey hard.
Go to YouTube and watch him without the generally held notion by the public and without sentiment.
Tell me which of the Ay sounded so funny in 30 days in Atlanta?
. Yu too dey craze
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 11, 2016
Naughtysite:

Fine gal
smiley thanks
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Henricarter(m): 5:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
PrinceAbinibi:
He is the best at what he does, he organises the best shows, he knows a lot about marketing and packaging. He is a super hype machine. Is he a great comedian? Probably not, is he good? Yes
. I knw say na yu dey help am package too
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by BABANGBALI: 5:47pm On Sep 11, 2016
floragregs:
But they are dry na. Especially when he's mimicking white garment people. The shows are sold out because people go there to listen to other comedians and watch artists perform.
you have talkeded everything jare
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by ALAYORMII: 5:50pm On Sep 11, 2016
He looks like Dracula in the third picture
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Decryptor(m): 5:53pm On Sep 11, 2016
AY, people are totally right when they say your jokes are dry. If not for the collabo you have with other comedians, nobody will pay as low as N10 to go for your show. That rubbish you did when you were mimicking Jega annoucing election results, it was the others like the sign language guy, the PDP guy reading from torchlight and the guy who acted as Orubebe that had me laughing. As for your movie, 30 days in Atlanta, when I saw the advert, na Mercy Johnson motivate me to watch am.

Conclusion: Your jokes are as DRY as Nigerian present economy. undecided

2 Likes

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Rick9(m): 5:57pm On Sep 11, 2016
A.y jokes might be dry, bit this guy has contributed alot to the entertainment industry, I don't bother myself with his jokes ( who jokes EPP ) A.y is one comedian I admire so much for his courage, his diligence, his commitment and his entrepreneurial skills. A.y doesn't allow what the critics say to pull him down.
A.y continue with your good works, those saying you are dry are just jealous of your great success, their thoughts are simply motivated by envy and jealousy.

If you don't like A.y ' middle finger ' in Gov Oshiomole's voice

"Go and __________ or create your own jokes.

Read this Supernatural written by Smallville10

1 Like

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by pikapizy(m): 5:58pm On Sep 11, 2016
floragregs:
My thoughts exactly

1 Like

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 11, 2016
His jokes are actually dry,but he's a creative business man who leverages on other people to create wealth.If you think he isn't smart,wake up!

1 Like

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by safarigirl(f): 6:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
Bovi organises a one-man show called Man On Fire. It's just him on stage for up to an hour, no other person.

If AY doesn't know, that is what we mean by comedy show. Comedians like Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle and Trevor Noah do that

AY can NEVER organise such a show, he needs other comedians to even get a hslf full room

4 Likes

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by martineinstein(m): 6:01pm On Sep 11, 2016
Truth234:
He doesn't understand that his show has evolved as a lifestyle, something trendy guys/ladies like to attend to show off.
u just got it.....they go there to show off
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Ninilowo(m): 6:01pm On Sep 11, 2016
Bisiebae:
Its daddy upstairs that is helping you, you jokes are boooooring die. Mention me and suffer
AIS head girl Abi? Na so you be online Abi? Vicckkyyyy I catch you today grin grin grin
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 11, 2016
suzan404:
smiley thanks

Are u in Nigeria
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by olaskul(m): 6:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
Wa Gbayi jare
floragregs:
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Mockinbird: 6:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
Bisiebae:
Its daddy upstairs that is helping you, you jokes are boooooring die. Mention me and suffer
Thot you are until you type this.
Smh.
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by vislabraye(m): 6:05pm On Sep 11, 2016
smacx:

https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/ay-shows-always-sold-yet-say-jokes-dry/

Kudos to you AY. You're a good business man. You're definitely doing something right, funny or not funny.
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:08pm On Sep 11, 2016
safarigirl:
Bovi organises a one-man show called Man On Fire. It's just him on stage for up to an hour, no other person.

If AY doesn't know, that is what we mean by comedy show. Comedians like Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle and Trevor Noah do that

AY can NEVER organise such a show, he needs other comedians to even get a hslf full room

Just like music, there are different types of comedy too,.. I believe AY's own wouldn't call for a stand up show.

Then again, I bet if someone like Trevor comes to Nigeria, many won't find him funny.. You know why?... Most Nigerians are used to silly jokes.
There are jokes for Intellectual people and there are jokes for Mediocre Audience... No Nigerian Comedian tells jokes for Intellectuals. And if you Check, comedians like Trevor don't tell jokes, they discuss lol.

I love Trevor like cray!!. I have all his comedy shows on my PC.

1 Like

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by marshborn(m): 6:12pm On Sep 11, 2016
Not hating but that's the truth, you are not a good stand up comedian, but u dey try when it comes to acting.
do a show with any other guest comedians and musicians let see how it goes.
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by iwatch: 6:16pm On Sep 11, 2016
PrinceAbinibi:
spot on! That is his greatest selling point-marketing and hyping!
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 11, 2016
swizmony:

Shut up. You bastard! Who u EPP?
bro take it easy na

1 Like

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by PrinceAbinibi: 6:18pm On Sep 11, 2016
Henricarter:
. I knw say na yu dey help am package too

Guy I am not hating, I will trade all this schooling for him to teach me how to market things, Even when Ali Baba jammed him, AliBaba was amazed at his marketing acumen.
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
Bisiebae:

look at this freaking niggur! eat your words and disappear! slowpoke
small small na. You be winch?
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:20pm On Sep 11, 2016
Exactly. You've concept.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Williams Uchemba Rocks Super Eagle Jersey (photo) / Lagos PPRO, Dolapo Badmos And Her Squad In Adorable Photo / "You Need Jesus, Not Me" - DJ Cuppy Tells A Fan Crushing On Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.