Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,363 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry (33211 Views)

Patapaa: " They Say I Am Ugly And A Villager And Sometimes It Hurts Me" / Foreign Shows Are Non-profitable, African Shows Pay More – Yemi Alade / If I'm Dry, Why Are My Shows Sold Out? - Comedian Ay Comes For His Haters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 11, 2016
suzan404:
yeah,hope there's no problem ?

How is the recession ?
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 11, 2016
Naughtysite:

How is the recession ?
Thank God we are coping grin
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 11, 2016
Eluala:

You should also add he is an amazing bloody thug. He has no class. He publicly fought with a security man in an estate in Lekki recently. Never knew he is such a low life. I though he was an amazing guy with panache and class but like they say wash a pig all you can, dress him in purple robe, put him in a palace, a pig remains just a pig.

So sad.
I also learned that he had slapped a police officer at the lagos airport before.
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by safarigirl(f): 7:54pm On Sep 11, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

Just like music, there are different types of comedy too,.. I believe AY's own wouldn't call for a stand up show.

Then again, I bet if someone like Trevor comes to Nigeria, many won't find him funny.. You know why?... Most Nigerians are used to silly jokes.
There are jokes for Intellectual people and there are jokes for Mediocre Audience... No Nigerian Comedian tells jokes for Intellectuals. And if you Check, comedians like Trevor don't tell jokes, they discuss lol.

I love Trevor like cray!!. I have all his comedy shows on my PC.
people only find things funny when they can relate to them...most Nigerians won't find Trevor funny because most of his jokes are based on apartheid and interracial relations and they simply can't relate to any of that

Same way, if a Nigerian comedian makes a joke on the different types of 'music' we listen to here, most foreigners won't relate and so won't find it funny or a gay guy talks about gay people's challenges, you may not relate, so you may not find it as funny as gay people would.

I had a collection of Chris Rock and Dave Chapelle comedy only me seemed to find funny, then I got one of Russell Peters talking about strict parents and another of him talking about dick size, most people i showed found him funny

I don't subscribe to the whole idea of intellectual and mediocre jokes, a joke is a joke depending on who you're telling it to

PS: If you no dey yarn am for pidgin, e no sweet. Language goes a long way in selling a joke

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 11, 2016
suzan404:
Thank God we are coping grin

Ok
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by nonjebose(m): 7:55pm On Sep 11, 2016
Ekakamba:
[size=20pt]Drier than the bones Ezekiel prophesied to.[/size] tongue
You, my friend, you are badt, lkmd. I don't like watching that nonsense church scene joke. So pedestrian.
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by fratermathy(m): 8:08pm On Sep 11, 2016
Just like what everyone has repeatedly said here, AY is a good business man with excellent marketing skills. He has helped a whole lot of people and made them rich. He is rivaled, perhaps, only by Alibaba, Basketmouth and Opa Williams in the comedy business. He is a comedy mogul.

As for being a good comedian, I wouldn't place my bet. I don't find his jokes funny. Right from the onset of his career, I've always found his jokes boring and farfetched. There was always something amiss in his jokes that could have made him funnier. There's no hard feelings when I say that AY'S JOKES ARE NOT FUNNY.

Ironically, I find his movies & skits funny. For some reason, he seems to be a better actor in the comedy genre than a comedian. I found 30 Days in Atlanta hilarious, mostly because I could relate with it as a Warri boy. I'm anticipating the sequel which is set to be released this year.
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 11, 2016
Sincerely he is dry but truth be told, he has the business acumen. What this tells everyone is simple. U can be the best at what you do and still be broke. It happens in every profession, everyone knows someone very good at dir profession but still can't stand another guy in terms of riches and wealth who is far less proficient in the same profession. Sometimes God also on someone's side matters. I know a lot of people who are exceedingly good in their professional but I keep wondering why they don't get the money. That's life
floragregs:
lol. Frustration wan kill u ontop dry Ay matter. I like Ay but that doesn't mean I should lie that he's not dry na. I'm married o, so carry ur frustration enter bush abeg.
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by bobbybrown007: 8:23pm On Sep 11, 2016
OKorowanta:
People are just not fair on Ay,70% of his jokes are so funny.
If naija don biliv somethings,to change am dey hard.
Go to YouTube and watch him without the generally held notion by the public and without sentiment.
Tell me which of the Ay sounded so funny in 30 days in Atlanta?
bla bla bla, to me ooo he his not funny at all
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by nuelzz04(m): 8:33pm On Sep 11, 2016
Ekakamba:
[size=20pt]Drier than the bones Ezekiel prophesied to.[/size] tongue
kai

Bet ya wicked grin
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by waxdude: 8:56pm On Sep 11, 2016
floragregs:
But they are dry na. Especially when he's mimicking white garment people. The shows are sold out because people go there to listen to other comedians and watch artists perform.
Mucho gracias amiga
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 11, 2016
AY will host a musical concert and claim he is hosting a comedy show. Someone tell him we attend his shows to see the musicians and not to listen to his dry joke.
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 11, 2016
Is the movie interesting? I've never seen it!
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 11, 2016
when God has decided to bless someone,no matter d rubbish d person says,he will always be successfull
thats d simle logic to it,cus bros make i no lie,ur jokes are like dry firewood.
Well i will say naija likes nonsense stuffs,take a look at the artists and tell me which of d successful A list artists sings reasonable songs now,yet they are making it
bros AY,dont say ure funny o cus u no funny pass some comedians.na God blow u,no be ur jokes o

1 Like

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by OKorowanta: 10:10pm On Sep 11, 2016
bobbybrown007:
bla bla bla, to me ooo he his not funny at all

Abeg go kpror for one corner.
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by floragregs(f): 10:11pm On Sep 11, 2016
jaybillionaire:
Sincerely he is dry but truth be told, he has the business acumen. What this tells everyone is simple. U can be the best at what you do and still be broke. It happens in every profession, everyone knows someone very good at dir profession but still can't stand another guy in terms of riches and wealth who is far less proficient in the same profession. Sometimes God also on someone's side matters. I know a lot of people who are exceedingly good in their professional but I keep wondering why they don't get the money. That's life
u are right
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by LoveJesus87(m): 10:18pm On Sep 11, 2016
floragregs:
But they are dry na. Especially when he's mimicking white garment people. The shows are sold out because people go there to listen to other comedians and watch artists perform.
make e no be like say dos white garment people don swear for am.. grin grin
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by floragregs(f): 10:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
waxdude:

Mucho gracias amiga
uw
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by floragregs(f): 10:20pm On Sep 11, 2016
LoveJesus87:
make e no be like say dos white garment people don swear for am.. grin grin
Loooool. Abi o

1 Like

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by toprealman: 10:31pm On Sep 11, 2016
#Packaging......
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by edna622: 10:43pm On Sep 11, 2016
Is Grace that turn Trash to Treasure, is also grace that makes the world to celebrate you, even when u not worth it, what is speaking for AY is Grace, self Believe, passion. Some people are talented, while some talent are been practice, develop passion on what works for you and the Almighty God will multiply your abilities with Grace. All haters of AY pray for Grace to multiply your Effort and the world will celebrate you, AY is Known Globally. And you AY, Return all the Glory to God and stop listening to critics. May God crown our Effort with Grace. Amen
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by ugojenn(f): 11:14pm On Sep 11, 2016
All of you are hear saying,his show is dry while he is making his money, he gat talent,packaging...I like his show,jst cool simple and encouraging
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by otipoju(m): 12:29am On Sep 12, 2016
Bisiebae:
Its daddy upstairs that is helping you, you jokes are boooooring die. Mention me and suffer

You should learn to take your own advice. Keep your mouth shut if you can't say something nice
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by EmekaBlue(m): 1:48am On Sep 12, 2016
he is a talented and good organizer but he forces on his jokes making it hard for me and others to laff except while mocking him...But d guy surely knows how to make money on shows and in control of many big celebs
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Micah360(m): 5:16am On Sep 12, 2016
U guys can hate and criticize all u want

He's successful and there is nothing ur vain talks can do about it wink wink

1 Like

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by anyicash(m): 6:07am On Sep 12, 2016
Many hate AY now just because he is doing great..i am not surprised cos the bible said it " the heart of a man is desperately wicked" AY keep it up you are doing great.....never listen to what the murderfuckas are saying..ndiala.
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 12, 2016
Una think say comedy dey easy.. cool coolif its easy u fucking niggaz should start urs too,,, bunch of asshole
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by danbrowndmf(m): 10:03am On Sep 12, 2016
suzan404:
Everything na packaging undecided
Even you sef na packaging.
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by danbrowndmf(m): 10:05am On Sep 12, 2016
PrinceAbinibi:
He is the best at what he does, he organises the best shows, he knows a lot about marketing and packaging. He is a super hype machine. Is he a great comedian? Probably not, is he good? Yes
God BLESS YOU!
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by obontami: 10:17am On Sep 12, 2016
suzan404:
Everything na packaging undecided

true the guy knows how to package his shows and his other ventures

I totally agree with you
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by obontami: 10:27am On Sep 12, 2016
PrinceAbinibi:
He is the best at what he does, he organises the best shows, he knows a lot about marketing and packaging. He is a super hype machine. Is he a great comedian? Probably not, is he good? Yes

true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"You Need Jesus, Not Me" - DJ Cuppy Tells A Fan Crushing On Her / Police To Question D'banj's Family On The Death Of His Son / BBNaija's Nengi Celebrates Her 24th Birthday With Stunning Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.