Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,839 members, 7,817,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry (33214 Views)

Patapaa: " They Say I Am Ugly And A Villager And Sometimes It Hurts Me" / Foreign Shows Are Non-profitable, African Shows Pay More – Yemi Alade / If I'm Dry, Why Are My Shows Sold Out? - Comedian Ay Comes For His Haters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 11, 2016
floragregs:
lol. Frustration wan kill u ontop dry Ay matter. I like Ay but that doesn't mean I should lie that he's not dry na. I'm married o, so carry ur frustration enter bush abeg.
PERFECT EXECUTION

2 Likes

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 11, 2016
StarPlayer:
You're the one obviously frustrated. Hating on a nigga that doesn't know you angry
has ay helped u

2 Likes

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Eluala(m): 6:23pm On Sep 11, 2016
PrinceAbinibi:
So the truth is now hate. He is amazing at other things not just Jokes, He is an amazing promoter, director, hype man, marketer and other stuffs but his jokes are not that great, some are funny unintentionally if I may add.

You should also add he is an amazing bloody thug. He has no class. He publicly fought with a security man in an estate in Lekki recently. Never knew he is such a low life. I though he was an amazing guy with panache and class but like they say wash a pig all you can, dress him in purple robe, put him in a palace, a pig remains just a pig.

So sad.
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Originalsly: 6:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
AY jokes are dry period. He is good at packaging and hype... that's the reason for 30 Days in Atlanta being a financial success....not because the movie is entertaining or funny... that movie sucks big time.. .. 3 tries and I still can't see it to the end.Fame has gone to his head.

1 Like

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by just2okworld(f): 6:26pm On Sep 11, 2016
PrinceAbinibi:
He is the best at what he does, he organises the best shows, he knows a lot about marketing and packaging. He is a super hype machine. Is he a great comedian? Probably not, is he good? Yes
Yes you're right
To an extent,I KMOW the guy is very good at marketing himself... Dazall
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by kan12(m): 6:27pm On Sep 11, 2016
Ur comedy is dry bt ur program A.Y life isn't.

1 Like

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by oluwasegun007(m): 6:29pm On Sep 11, 2016
floragregs:
But they are dry na. Especially when he's mimicking white garment people. The shows are sold out because people go there to listen to other comedians and watch artists perform.

you killed it.....

pls screen shot dis comment and send it to his social media page..... grin grin grin
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Maximus85(m): 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2016
But sincerely your jokes are so annoyingly dry. Sometimes I wonder if you are really a comedian or a medianco.... See, I didn't try to make y'all laugh....But that's how dry AYs jokes are.

I don't feel the vibes I feel when I watch the likes of Basketmouth, Kofi, Jedi, Helen Paul etc.

In fact mR Ibu is funnier than AY
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 11, 2016
He's better off a TV show moderator, and nothing more.
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by mainaugustine(m): 6:32pm On Sep 11, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

Just like music, there are different types of comedy too,.. I believe AY's own wouldn't call for a stand up show.
Then again, I bet if someone like Trevor comes to Nigeria, many won't find him funny.. You know why?... Most Nigerians are used to silly jokes.
There are jokes for Intellectual people and there are jokes for Mediocre Audience... No Nigerian Comedian tells jokes for Intellectuals. And if you Check, comedians like Trevor don't tell jokes, they discuss lol.
I love Trevor like cray!!. I have all his comedy shows on my PC.
..sorry but u lie. Okey bakassi jokes are for intellectuals so does basket mouth jokes( guess dats y he travels around the world)ay is just tired of thinking of jokes to say rather he acts them(movie,skits and Helen Paul dramas) but in general for me I don't like his jokes especially now. When he started his Chris okotie's joke were funny but I don't hear dat again

1 Like

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by ambafrank: 6:32pm On Sep 11, 2016
Brother AY, you one of the best comedian of our time, is not easy to make people laugh.

1 Like

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Maximus85(m): 6:33pm On Sep 11, 2016
floragregs:
But they are dry na. Especially when he's mimicking white garment people. The shows are sold out because people go there to listen to other comedians and watch artists perform.

GUY, YOU ARE VERY WICKED OOOO BUT YOU ARE ALSO VERY CORRECT.

CHAI!!!!! SEE FINISHING..... grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by An0nimus: 6:33pm On Sep 11, 2016
Even AY knows his jokes are dry. But the guy knows how to do comedy business, I give him that.
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Deejay777(m): 6:35pm On Sep 11, 2016
floragregs:
u stole des words 4rm my mouth

1 Like

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Maximus85(m): 6:35pm On Sep 11, 2016
ambafrank:
Brother AY, you one of the best comedian of our time, is not easy to make people laugh.

Does he make you laff? Most of his jokes in that 500 days in Atlanta are annoyingly dry. That "their father, their Dad" thingy is DEAD DRY AND IRRITATING.
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by slavemerchant: 6:43pm On Sep 11, 2016
floragregs:

You are so much on point, Infact he can't make my toddler laff

2 Likes

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by willibounce1(m): 6:43pm On Sep 11, 2016
Dry jokes, dry movies... he can overdo too much
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by donshady(m): 6:44pm On Sep 11, 2016
AY. Just count yourself lucky.... ***the fucking truth is that you're dry. But God just loves you.
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by PrinceAbinibi: 6:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

Just like music, there are different types of comedy too,.. I believe AY's own wouldn't call for a stand up show.

Then again, I bet if someone like Trevor comes to Nigeria, many won't find him funny.. You know why?... Most Nigerians are used to silly jokes.
There are jokes for Intellectual people and there are jokes for Mediocre Audience... No Nigerian Comedian tells jokes for Intellectuals. And if you Check, comedians like Trevor don't tell jokes, they discuss lol.

I love Trevor like cray!!. I have all his comedy shows on my PC.

Trevor will tell you he still write jokes, he might package them inside a monologue, every comedian has different styles, some are one liners, some do stories, others do soliloquies but at the bottom of everything are jokes, who is more intellectual than Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle but they still do Jokes, Listen to Gordons when he was discussing Buhari, he was still very funny without being silly, I know it is harder to be intellectual and be funny but you can still be funny. Lewis Black, Chris Rock, Jon Stewarts are funny intellectuals. AY is not funny nor an intellectual, His mimicking Chris Okotie is that intellectualism? If he spoke about how he dupe the congregation in a funny way I might think otherwise. All he does is slap stick, But I have to give it to him He is a great hustler and great at many things, not just jokes, he should keep doing them till people stop paying for it by the way. He should start teaching marketing because he is greatest marketer in Nigeria today even the Box office talk so.

2 Likes

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Horlufemi(m): 6:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
I tried to find 30 Days in Atlanta funny. I couldn't. It's one of those movies that just find favour.

I dare AY, do a show just about you and you alone. You know like Kevin Hart does.

If you sell out call me out.

1 Like

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by guiddoti: 6:57pm On Sep 11, 2016
His jokes reduces weight a lot on white garment.
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by femi4: 7:02pm On Sep 11, 2016
floragregs:
1 million likes

2 Likes

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by yohannazack(m): 7:03pm On Sep 11, 2016
AY no funny abeg, make him concentrate on organizing shows kawai! And leave those who are called to do it. Salam!
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by mikkypel(m): 7:03pm On Sep 11, 2016
If dem born you well, do AY uncensored or AY standing where you alone crack the jokes and lets see

2 Likes

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by OKorowanta: 7:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
Babzilla:

Speak for yourself. I slept all through 30days in Atlanta.
I didnt even finish watching it sef. It was that interesting

U even sleep to your own jokes.
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by IMASTEX: 7:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
floragregs:
Wow! you blew it all out. Menn! babe you're bad shall. lol
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 11, 2016
floragregs:
no mind am. He thought na him joke ppl dey watch.
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 11, 2016
Naughtysite:

Are u in Nigeria
yeah,hope there's no problem ?
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by abdulkayus(m): 7:22pm On Sep 11, 2016
mikkypel:
If dem born you well, do AY uncensored or AY standing where you alone crack the jokes and lets see

Guy, abeg, small small na. U wan expose d guy yansh ni? If he shld do a one man show like bovi or basketmouth use to do, na only im wife, children and symphatisers go go watch and all in all dey will nt be more than 10.

But, in marketing, connections and hypin, i give d guy A1

1 Like

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Neddstark: 7:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
30 days in Atlanta was a hype from the production to the number of sales.
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 11, 2016
StarPlayer:
Can you tell this to his face? You probably can't even get to a 100m near him. It's easy to cast aspersions on people without knowing the work they have put in to get to where they are. That guy has made alot of hungry folks out there successful while you're here yarning dust. This goes to show why some peeps never make it in life. You're probably there wishing for one rich maga to come and marry you one day. Smh
Ay,take am easy.
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 11, 2016
floragregs:

This ^^^^^^

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Asake And Olamide Spray Dollars in Club To Celebrate The Album Release Of Asake / Joseph Yobo's Wife Shows Off Their Cute Kids (lovely Photo) / Lilia Afegbai: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.