Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project (17172 Views)

Trucks And Buses For Cleaner Lagos Initiative To Begin Work In 2018 / Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today / 3050mw Mambila Hydro-Power Project At Gembu In Taraba Set To Take Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by MadCow1: 5:12pm On Sep 09, 2016
kings09:
Chai, e pain am. see person wey de stand wit sum1. hunger go wire u tire

I am an employer of labour.. People like me don't go hungry.

Just a heads up.. I am quitting my job at the close of this year to go into my business full time.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 09, 2016
Please o, i beg they should be fast about it, to shut the mouth of the IPOB and haters(PDP).
Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by hucienda: 5:14pm On Sep 09, 2016
kings09:
Keep standing while his kids chill off in cozy offices n sumptuous govt agencies like d CBN n FIRS

grin cheesy cheesy wikid!

1 Like

Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by LordVoldemort(m): 5:14pm On Sep 09, 2016
Conceived in 1982, the main Mambilla Dam is a large rolled compact concrete dam and reservoir at 1,300 metres (4,300 ft) above sea level.

On November 7, 2012 Nigeria signed a memorandum of understanding with China's Sinohydro Corp. to build Mambilla Power Station. Completion of the project is expected in 2018, and it is expected to multiply Nigeria's generating capacity considerably.[3]

In December 2013, the Nigerian federal ministry of Power has released a statement that the contract with Sinohydro, has been cancelled, while the ministry is currently working on firming the project cost and that an ongoing discussion has been opened with Chinese EPC firms, interested in providing funding for the project.

One of the things I love about this administration Is their willingness to complete all abandoned projects. Unlike some, they rather start a new project so they can say he did this whereas the money spent on the other project as gone to waste.

Kudos my President

You will make Nigeria great

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by ephi123(f): 5:17pm On Sep 09, 2016
abbccc:
We keep hearing...TO BEGIN...WE WILL...WE HAVE SIGNED MOU etc...When will work start and when are we seeing improvement.. ? God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria and deliver us from these clueless and wicked leaders(APC&PDP)...
Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by bayelsaowei(m): 5:20pm On Sep 09, 2016
MadCow1:

Keep banking on Government jobs whilst many young entreprenuers on Nairaland and without are breaking strides in business and carving a niche for themselves.

this is always the reply of a disappointed supporter of apc...standwithbuhari until you become as skinny as he is... grin grin
Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by MadCow1: 5:25pm On Sep 09, 2016
bayelsaowei:
this is always the reply of a disappointed supporter of apc...standwithbuhari until you become as skinny as he is... grin grin

Bros.. I am indeed disappointed. I was not hoping things would go like this.

But the President has not given me cause to give up hope just yet.

Until he does, iStandWithPresidentBuhari.

Thanks.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by feyisejoy(m): 5:27pm On Sep 09, 2016
ANBAKO:
Great news if this is true. Hopefully we will be able to add 3000MW to our national grid.

My concerns here are as follows: The national grid is moribund. It needs total overhaul hence all these will be futile effort.

Secondly, The Chinese are a serious concern. They come here to execute project without leaving any form of skill acquisition, employ zero skilled labor. The laborer that they employ are paid peanuts. These Chinese even come here with Chinese painters, mason plumbers etc. I pray Ngige will look into this and make sure human resources from Nigeria are well represented.

For the man asking where the water is? River Niger or Benue.....Mambilla is in Adamawa....Does River Niger pass through Adamawa?

Do good for good to come your way!!!

Your comment make sense die,

1 Like

Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by FunkyMetahuman: 5:28pm On Sep 09, 2016
kings09:
Chai, e pain am. see person wey de stand wit sum1. hunger go wire u tire
and how did you know he is hungry?

you that is showing your frustration is obviously the hungry one.

1 Like

Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by FunkyMetahuman: 5:30pm On Sep 09, 2016
EazyMoh:
It looks small.
what you are looking at there will be the biggest hydro power plant in Africa.
Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by obailala(m): 5:36pm On Sep 09, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
If I'm not mistaken, that picture put up by the Op isnt mambilla.
Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by FunkyMetahuman: 5:37pm On Sep 09, 2016
obailala:
If I'm not mistaken, that picture put up by the Op isnt mambilla.
not sure either.
Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by EazyMoh(m): 5:55pm On Sep 09, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
Are you sure? Because if I remember well I read somewhere it's gonna be around 100MW. I think you are referring to the Gembu plant which is the one supposed to generate around 3000MW. All the same it's good development.
Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by Nwunuken(m): 5:58pm On Sep 09, 2016
Keneking:
Better pictures undecided

- So where is the water coming from? River Niger or River Benue?
the water source is from river Donga

1 Like

Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by FunkyMetahuman: 6:00pm On Sep 09, 2016
EazyMoh:

Are you sure? Because if I remember well I read somewhere it's gonna be around 100MW. I think you are referring to the Gembu plant which is the one supposed to generate around 3000MW. All the same it's good development.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mambilla_Power_Station
Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by InvertedHammer: 6:00pm On Sep 09, 2016
saints2:
Chinese engineers visited the site of the Mambilla hydro-power project station
They are expected to begin work after they submitted work plan to the federal government
This is expected to boost electricity supply in the country.

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/09/engineers-to-begin-work-at-mambilla.html
/

WHERE ARE OUR ENGINEERS?!!!!!

REAL ENGINEERING GOES BEYOND CRAM AND PASS.

\

1 Like

Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by HAH: 6:01pm On Sep 09, 2016
And Dangote alone will produce 12000MW
Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by EazyMoh(m): 6:04pm On Sep 09, 2016
sseunhayor:
pls where is d water that will make it a dam?
The water has been diverted to allow for the construction.

2 Likes

Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by EazyMoh(m): 6:07pm On Sep 09, 2016
Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by MICHEALADEX(m): 6:20pm On Sep 09, 2016
Whizzdom:
Oh. Thank God I entered frontpage, I want to use this opportunity to say a shoutout to my mom and dad, Mr. & Mrs. Olubode and my brothers and sisters; Dupe, Tolu Seyi, Ibukun, Yetunde. Also I want to use this medium to say a quick shoutout to my girlfriends; Mayowa, Tope, Lolade, Simi, Sandra, Mofisat, Opeyemi, Shade, Kike, Bisi, Ranti, Ayisat etc.

I love you all muahh!

Plz clean your eyes again and re-read angry it's by saint not whizydom
Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by Nwunuken(m): 6:26pm On Sep 09, 2016
ANBAKO:
Great news if this is true. Hopefully we will be able to add 3000MW to our national grid.

My concerns here are as follows: The national grid is moribund. It needs total overhaul hence all these will be futile effort.

Secondly, The Chinese are a serious concern. They come here to execute project without leaving any form of skill acquisition, employ zero skilled labor. The laborer that they employ are paid peanuts. These Chinese even come here with Chinese painters, mason plumbers etc. I pray Ngige will look into this and make sure human resources from Nigeria are well represented.

For the man asking where the water is? River Niger or Benue.....Mambilla is in Adamawa....Does River Niger pass through Adamawa?

mambilla is in taraba

1 Like

Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by SpicyJosBabe(f): 7:00pm On Sep 09, 2016
ANBAKO:

Mambilla is in Taraba state pls, not Adamawa

1 Like

Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 09, 2016
ABEG WE GO MANAGE EVEN 10HRS OF ELECTRICITY EVERYDAY angry
Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by rabex123(m): 7:56pm On Sep 09, 2016
MadCow1:

Keep banking on Government jobs whilst many young entreprenuers on Nairaland and without are breaking strides in business and carving a niche for themselves.

Best reply ever.

1 Like

Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by Standing5(m): 8:03pm On Sep 09, 2016
kings09:
Keep standing while his kids chill off in cozy offices n sumptuous govt agencies like d CBN n FIRS
Are Jonathan children in debt today?
Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by Charly68: 8:08pm On Sep 09, 2016
I trust Fashola,the man will deliver in his ministry . May God uphold you my man & grant you speed in the execution of your lofty projects. The president will surely deliver. The lingering problems is just for a little while. Things will surelly work in our country.

1 Like

Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by joinnow: 8:11pm On Sep 09, 2016
Hope they complete it. Project proposal was submitted in 2008 wow 8 years after common dam and hydro power Nigeria no fit finish

I was at Gembu then also note Mambilla is the highest point in Nigeria Chilling weather.higher than Jos.
Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by CornelG(m): 8:16pm On Sep 09, 2016
Whizzdom:
Oh. Thank God I entered frontpage, I want to use this opportunity to say a shoutout to my mom and dad, Mr. & Mrs. Olubode and my brothers and sisters; Dupe, Tolu Seyi, Ibukun, Yetunde. Also I want to use this medium to say a quick shoutout to my girlfriends; Mayowa, Tope, Lolade, Simi, Sandra, Mofisat, Opeyemi, Shade, Kike, Bisi, Ranti, Ayisat etc.

I love you all muahh!

oboy only you how many girls no wonder girls this days always say majority of we men are unfaithful and am very certain is because of men like you!
Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by oluwasegun007(m): 8:17pm On Sep 09, 2016
My God..... undecided undecided undecided undecided When that small boy for North Korea they play anyhow with Nuclea power

Na Hydro we dey celebrate for electric generation...smh
Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 09, 2016
[quote author=Princejebs post=49210895]Am asking, please did I just made FTC?[/quote

Nop. you just made LTC. I hope you kniw what it means....
Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 09, 2016
[quote author=Princejebs post=49210895]Am asking, please did I just made FTC?[/quote

Nop. you just made LTC. I hope you know what it means....
Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by Whizzdom(m): 10:27pm On Sep 09, 2016
CornelG:

oboy only you how many girls no wonder girls this days always say majority of we men are unfaithful and am very certain is because of men like you!

Am faithfull oo, but girls nowadays are unfaithfull. You know now.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers Assembly: APC Members Stage Walkout Over Imposition Of Minority Leader / Ganduje Bribery: Police Ban Students From Protest Against Kano Governor / Samuel Ortom Visits Senator Orji Kalu In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.