Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project (17171 Views)

Trucks And Buses For Cleaner Lagos Initiative To Begin Work In 2018 / Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today / 3050mw Mambila Hydro-Power Project At Gembu In Taraba Set To Take Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by popizaino(m): 10:30pm On Sep 09, 2016
opo26:
If this is tru is just to go back to Gembu and help all these chinese at least I serve there for one year and no work here in South

Gembu is loading.........................................

Let me start they call others copper

People like Tope Raphael Tony and Tope leme
abeg gist me about gembu.people that have been there usually hype the place.
Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by yungnot(m): 11:30pm On Sep 09, 2016
Mambilla Power Station
Mambilla Power Station, one of Africa's (and Nigeria's) biggest dam projects, is a projected hydro power plant which will be connected to three dams across the Donga River in Taraba State, Nigeria.[1]

Conceived in 1982, the main Mambilla Dam is a large rolled compact concrete dam and reservoir at 1,300 metres (4,300 ft) above sea level. From this dam water is diverted off the reservoir towards the western side of the plateau through 3 hydraulic tunnels totaling 33 kilometres (21 mi), intercepted by 2 smaller dams (Sum Sum Dam and Nghu Dam), both at an elevation of 1,250 metres (4,100 ft). Beyond these dams, the tunnels lead into a 1,000 metres (3,300 ft) drop shaft tunneled down through the rock to a massive underground powerhouse with a generating capacity of 3,050 megawatts (4,090,000 hp). [2] Via a short tunnel, the water then exits the base of the plateau and flows into a tributary river that rejoins the Donga River downstream of the plateau.

On November 7, 2012 Nigeria signed a memorandum of understanding with China's Sinohydro Corp. to build Mambilla Power Station. Completion of the project is expected in 2018, and it is expected to multiply Nigeria's generating capacity considerably.[3]

In December 2013, the Nigerian federal ministry of Power has released a statement that the contract with Sinohydro, has been cancelled, while the ministry is currently working on firming the project cost and that an ongoing discussion has been opened with Chinese EPC firms, interested in providing funding for the project
Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by billyG(m): 11:54pm On Sep 09, 2016
ANBAKO:
Great news if this is true. Hopefully we will be able to add 3000MW to our national grid.

My concerns here are as follows: The national grid is moribund. It needs total overhaul hence all these will be futile effort.

Secondly, The Chinese are a serious concern. They come here to execute project without leaving any form of skill acquisition, employ zero skilled labor. The laborer that they employ are paid peanuts. These Chinese even come here with Chinese painters, mason plumbers etc. I pray Ngige will look into this and make sure human resources from Nigeria are well represented.

For the man asking where the water is? River Niger or Benue.....Mambilla is in Taraba....Does River Niger pass through Taraba?

@ uwunuken @ spicyjosbabe Thanks you for the correction. Mambilla is in Taraba.

Do good for good to come your way!!!

Go & do d research yur sef!Leave Stupid question for goats.
Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by ceejay4real(m): 1:10am On Sep 10, 2016
Hmmmm, 3050 Megawatts of Energy is massive for a country like Nigeria that currently produces about 4000 megawatts! It's like doubling our electricity production in one fell swoop! That's really commendable! The FG should pls expedite action on this project so that it will become reality by 2018/ 19 at the latest. More Hydro Electric Power Projects should be conceived and embarked on across the country cos Hydro Power is relatively cheap and water is also a renewable energy source as well as being very clean. It's the way to go for Nigeria not Nuclear power! Other clean and renewable energy sources we can look into as a nation are solar and wind especially wind. Large scale Windmills in the North can add a lot of Megawatts to the National grid. Just hope Fashola and his aides in the Power Ministry can explore these channels. All the same, kudos to the Buhari government for commencing work on the much delayed Mambilla HEP project!
Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by tit(f): 1:26am On Sep 10, 2016
ceejay4real:
Hmmmm, 3050 Megawatts of Energy is massive for a country like Nigeria that currently produces about 4000 megawatts! It's like doubling our electricity production in one fell swoop! That's really commendable! The FG should pls expedite action on this project so that it will become reality by 2018/ 19 at the latest. More Hydro Electric Power Projects should be conceived and embarked on across the country cos Hydro Power is relatively cheap and water is also a renewable energy source as well as being very clean. It's the way to go for Nigeria not Nuclear power! Other clean and renewable energy sources we can look into as a nation are solar and wind especially wind. Large scale Windmills in the North can add a lot of Megawatts to the National grid. Just hope Fashola and his aides in the Power Ministry can explore these channels. All the same, kudos to the Buhari government for commencing work on the much delayed Mambilla HEP project!

project concept that started in 1982 and you are calling buhari?
Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by Rockyrascal(m): 11:26am On Sep 10, 2016
TrainingCEOs:
Omo kilo komi, on the beat suzan404 , on the mix julietcutie.... Ahhhhhh, yehhhhh
lol ya mad
Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 10, 2016
shocked sad smiley cool (8 . Why am i mad?.
Rockyrascal:
lol ya mad
Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:20pm On Sep 10, 2016
MadCow1:

Bros.. I am indeed disappointed. I was not hoping things would go like this.

But the President has not given me cause to give up hope just yet.

Until he does, iStandWithPresidentBuhari.

Thanks.

Even with the changebeginswithyou crap
Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by MadCow1: 7:44am On Sep 11, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Even with the changebeginswithyou crap

It's not crap.

Forget the government for a second. We as Nigerians need to overhaul our mentality and how we live in the general society.

Indiscipline everywhere.

People say the Police is corrupt but it's us who bribes them. Just yesterday, I was driving to Anambra State for a business when the police stopped me. First his issue was my drivers license. Then he said my truck (which is private use and carries the blue license plate needed to have a permit for the bucket. He had stopped over 15 cars with different people crying and begging these guys. I simply told the Policeman that I agree with him that I have committed an offence. That let's go to his station. I will park the truck there and call for a new vehicle and meet him in court on Wednesday morning. Everybody there were looking at me like I was crazy. The officer foolishly said let's go to the station so I got into my car and as I was about to turn the car around in the direction of his station, another officer ran up to me and handed me my papers and said I should go. Meanwhile the others were still there begging and negotiating to pay 5 thousand Naira bribes.

Bro, the government (both the APC and PDP) have not been satisfactory but this change begins with me campaign and the rebrand Nigeria project are two brilliant campaigns for societal reform. You can't keep doing the wrong things in your small corner and blaming the government for your actions or inactions.

Let's all do the right things for once in society.

If your Senator is not performing or is corrupt, the FG can't do much about it, but you and your constituents can recall him.

If you have an ineffective LG chairman, with a petition signed by people in your LGA, you can have that Chairman removed.

Change begins with us bro.. You don't have to like this government but do not shoot down a brilliant campaign just for that.

Thanks.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by Rockyrascal(m): 11:24am On Sep 11, 2016
[quote author=TrainingCEOs post=49234864]shocked sad smiley cool (8 . Why am i mad?.[/quote the picture you posted.
Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 11, 2016
MadCow1:

You can't keep doing the wrong things in your small corner and blaming the government for your actions or inactions.

Change begins with us bro.. You don't have to like this government but do not shoot down a brilliant campaign just for that.

Thank you. Kennedy said it, ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.
MJ also said it in man in the mirror - if you want to make the world a better place take a look at yourself and make that change.

Nigerians all around me complaining will never lose an opportunity to do the same things they complain about.

At the high levels of corporate Nigeria, there is no difference between executives and our senators/ governors. Choices are always about their well being, never about the company or the little guys.

My mechanic told me confidently that it is not his responsibility to pay tax.

a colleague built a house with no permits whatsoever. one can go on forever.

Some contractors who work with us have been complaining about cost of doing business because they can no longer bypass import duties and have to pay in full.

A colleague was complaining bitterly about supporting an Lga chairman election and getting zero contracts. The chairman in question finished with a pass and had no history of competence.

So many people are hustlers, engaged in dodgy business. Just yesterday, while shopping for a modem, I encountered a seller on Nairaland. He claimed to have huawei modems, but when I met him, he had sealed unopened spectranet modems which he was going to unlock and then sell to me. He was blathering about how he is a businessman, etc etc, but all I could see was a dubious , ethically challenged hustler dealing in diverted goods.

I can go on forever.

All these things have a cumulative effect.

Everyone wants to complain about Nigeria , but no one wants to do the right thing.

A massive reorientation is required. We celebrate wealth without questioning. Disregard the law, are contemptuous of the law abiding, and kowtow to brazen criminals while disparaging honest but poor Nigerians

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Engineers To Begin Work At Mambilla Hydro-power Project by MadCow1: 2:39pm On Sep 11, 2016
oyb:

Thank you. Kennedy said it, ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.
MJ also said it in man in the mirror - if you want to make the world a better place take a look at yourself and make that change.

Nigerians all around me complaining will never lose an opportunity to do the same things they complain about.

At the high levels of corporate Nigeria, there is no difference between executives and our senators/ governors. Choices are always about their well being, never about the company or the little guys.

My mechanic told me confidently that it is not his responsibility to pay tax.

a colleague built a house with no permits whatsoever. one can go on forever.

Some contractors who work with us have been complaining about cost of doing business because they can no longer bypass import duties and have to pay in full.

A colleague was complaining bitterly about supporting an Lga chairman election and getting zero contracts. The chairman in question finished with a pass and had no history of competence.

So many people are hustlers, engaged in dodgy business. Just yesterday, while shopping for a modem, I encountered a seller on Nairaland. He claimed to have huawei modems, but when I met him, he had sealed unopened spectranet modems which he was going to unlock and then sell to me. He was blathering about how he is a businessman, etc etc, but all I could see was a dubious , ethically challenged hustler dealing in diverted goods.

I can go on forever.

All these things have a cumulative effect.

Everyone wants to complain about Nigeria , but no one wants to do the right thing.

A massive reorientation is required. We celebrate wealth without questioning. Disregard the law, are contemptuous of the law abiding, and kowtow to brazen criminals while disparaging honest but poor Nigerians

Respect!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers Assembly: APC Members Stage Walkout Over Imposition Of Minority Leader / Ganduje Bribery: Police Ban Students From Protest Against Kano Governor / Idris Kutigi Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.