Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,748 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Why Are Pastors And Their Wives Called Daddy And Mummy? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Pastors And Their Wives Called Daddy And Mummy? (25088 Views)

Pastors And Controversies...kumuyi's Example / Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus / Why Are Pastors And Their Wives Called Daddy And Mummy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Pastors And Their Wives Called Daddy And Mummy? by freakyben: 6:16pm On Sep 11, 2016
you cannot even spell 'quiet". African pastors are worse. look all of them are into politics. many have been caught engaging in debauchery and spiritism. is pathetic cos' people like you worship them. Truly you cannot question any of them cos of the lordship placed on them. presidents even kneel at their feet and they accept it. When African religion has been infused into Christianity.
onoja12:
Keep quite an African whatover seas pastor wife like to be call first lady,so go and dig into the fraud going on in the name of religion and leave Africa out of it

Re: Why Are Pastors And Their Wives Called Daddy And Mummy? by sonofthunder: 7:01pm On Sep 11, 2016
samsono30:

Na God go bless u, he get some weed some of these guys parent done smoke wen dey young b4 d born them, na d side effect u dey see for NL so. D no go fit understand.
amen... God bless you too sir
Re: Why Are Pastors And Their Wives Called Daddy And Mummy? by onoja12: 5:16am On Sep 12, 2016
first i am not an English man so i wouldn't make deliberate effort to write the best English,second please show me one white pastor who is not a politician,just in case you do not know much about religion let me educate you it has always been politics since the day the church was formed .third the concept of religion in the first place is all about debauchery as you call it and spiritism. as for your last line you my friend speak like a slave,if not you cant claim to be African and be a christian,Christianity is not African but a concept which the white use to keep you in slavery,if you claim to be an African then your religion should be traditionalism

freakyben:
you cannot even spell 'quiet". African pastors are worse. look all of them are into politics. many have been caught engaging in debauchery and spiritism. is pathetic cos' people like you worship them. Truly you cannot question any of them cos of the lordship placed on them. presidents even kneel at their feet and they accept it. When African religion has been infused into Christianity.
Re: Why Are Pastors And Their Wives Called Daddy And Mummy? by FP2014: 4:29pm On Sep 12, 2016
As christians, what is most important is to be focused on Jesus and not on the so called "men of God" else we will be misled. Churches these days have become personalized organizations where pastors and their wives are the Presidents and First ladies. They have taken the position of God in people's lives. They enjoy being treated as gods just like our politicians do. Try calling your pastor "brother" and you will see the look on his face, but are we not all brothers and sisters in christ irrespctive of our age and class.

For me, calling anyone daddy is not the real issue because culture also play its part. But please do not idolize anyone. Remember that God is our only true spiritual father. It was God who made us His sons when we accepted Jesus. That is why the Lord's prayer reads "Our father who hath in heaven..".
Re: Why Are Pastors And Their Wives Called Daddy And Mummy? by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 13, 2016
Weah96:

So phock the bible ehn?
.sorry,let me ask....does the Bible teach us not to give respect to our elders?
Re: Why Are Pastors And Their Wives Called Daddy And Mummy? by lettynelly: 8:28am On Sep 13, 2016
Hmmm if so judge the yorubas who bow down for their rulers for it is written also that you should not bow down for any creator,always do d needful n
Leave the rest. Christ shorttened the ten commandment to two yet you cant keep it but waisting your time analyzing unnecessary issues. God help us all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dr Fireman Poster On All Hot Girls In Lagos / 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You / Top Nigerian Gospel Songs Released In May

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.