Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,532 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

The Averted War In Edo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Averted War In Edo (1525 Views)

Okoi Obono-Obla's Nephew Killed In A Cult War In Cross River (Photos) / Buhari With His Friends During The Civil War In 1969 (Throwback Photo) / How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Averted War In Edo by kahal29: 6:14am On Sep 10, 2016
Real reasons governorship election was postponed

THE grandstanding, muscle flexing and bated anxiety that characterised the preparations for the governorship election in Edo State ended on a note of anti-climax on Thursday with the announcement by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) that the election had been postponed.

Announcing the shift in election date, the National Commissioner, Voter Education and Publicity of INEC, Prince Solomon Soyebi, said the postponement was based on security concerns, adding that the commission’s earlier decision to insist on the September 10 date was impelled by the fact that no official communication was received from the security agencies.

Soyebi said that INEC only received official communication from security agencies at about 6 pm on Thursday, drawing the attention of the commission to the need to postpone the election on account of terrorists’ activities in Edo and other states.

He said: “The communication indicates that deployment of security personnel across the country to secure lives and property would over-stretch their capacity while at the same time providing adequate security for the election. The commission notes the request of the security agencies, and considering the security implications of proceeding with the election, the safety of eligible voters, electoral officers including ad hoc staff and other stakeholders, has decided to reschedule the Edo governorship election to Wednesday, September 28.”

Prior to Soyebi’s announcement, the story in town was that a postponement of the election was being considered because it coincided with the West African Schools Certificate Examination (WASCE) while movement would be prohibited for the period the election would last. It turned out, however, that militants backed and funded by two governors from the Niger Delta had invaded Edo through the Delta end of its boundaries in readiness for the election, and that was the real reason the election had to be shifted. One of the governors was said to have specifically boasted that APC supporters should prepare their will as the militants would give anyone who stood in the way of the PDP during the election “the Rivers treatment.”

It will be recalled that in 2015, both the presidential and governorship elections in Rivers State witnessed killings and large scale destruction condemned by both local and international observers. During the elections, the state was turned into a war zone. In the history of electioneering in the country, the violence and killings were perhaps next to what was witnessed in the defunct Western Region in 1964. The perpetrators of the dastardly acts in Rivers are in high places today calling the shots in positions of power and authority, a sad commentary on election and the unbridled quest for power in Nigeria.

It was to forestall a repeat of the Rivers experience that the Nigeria Police Force addressed a joint press conference with the Department of State Services (DSS) on Wednesday, appealing to INEC to postpone the election. Force spokesman, Don Awunah, a Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP), who addressed the media in Abuja, had said that credible intelligence reports available to the security agencies indicated plans by insurgents and extremist elements to attack vulnerable communities and soft targets in Edo as one of the states marked for attacks by extremists between September 12 and 13. “It is in this regard that we are appealing to INEC, which has the legal duty to regulate elections in the country, to consider the need for possible postponement of the date of the election,” Awunah submitted.

While INEC, police or DSS did not give details of the threats for which the election was shifted, The Nation reliably gathered that the militants in question had mobilised their arsenal of war, including speed boats, arms, ammunition and even explosives, with which they would storm election venues at the point of voting, collation of results and hijack ballot boxes. A security source said the hired militants had invaded Edo state from Delta state through land and waterways and were going to strike in communities in the two Ovia local government areas, Orhionwon, Uhunmode, Igueben, Esan East and even in parts of Benin City.

Nigerians who had complained that the manner the nation’s judiciary handled the genocide that passed for elections in Rivers State last year will heave sighs of vindication at the current turn of events. There had been an uproar against the judgment of the Supreme Court declaring PDP the winner of the state’s governorship election in spite of obvious cases of intimidation of voters, snatching of ballot boxes and brazen assassination of voters as well as hapless electoral officials. But in spite of the overwhelming evidence of electoral violence, the Supreme Court overruled the decisions of the lower courts that a rerun of the governorship election be conducted, declaring the PDP candidate winner of what many regarded as a bizarre exercise.

Stakeholders react

As would be expected the postponement has sparked a row between the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) with the leaders of the opposing political parties throwing jabs at one another.

The Edo chapter of the All Progressives Congress said it regretted the postponement of the state governorship election to September 28, stressing that the decision has adversely affected the party.

The party chairman, Mr Anselm Ojezua, claimed that INEC did not consult critical stakeholders before announcing the postponement of the election.

Ojezua regretted that political parties had spent much time and huge resources in electioneering campaigns in the past weeks.

He said: “First, the shift in the date for the election was announced without due consultation with critical stakeholders which include the All Progressives Congress. We believe that the timing and mode of communication by security agencies could have been better handled.

http://thenationonlineng.net/averted-war-edo/
Re: The Averted War In Edo by jesse8048(m): 6:15am On Sep 10, 2016
No war was averted because non was about to happen. APC simply bought more time with flimsy excuses to do more underground work. I'm not in Edo and won't vote for dem but it's only a certified fool that will look around what's happening in the country including Edo state and still vote for APC.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Averted War In Edo by PassingShot(m): 6:17am On Sep 10, 2016
Good reasoning! Better to prevent avoidable deaths by shifting the election for two weeks. At the end, who will win will win.

And I laugh at the frustrated sadists here who spam every thread with their childish tantrums.

Elections, all over the world get shifted for one reason or the other. The important thing we should only be concerned about is the genuineness of the reason/s.

Even in the Ineffectual Buffoon's time, he did what had never been done before when the whole country's election was postponed by six weeks on the weak excuse of insurgency in fourteen local governments in three states (Borno, Yobe and Adamawa). Why wasn't only the election of those affected states postponed?

As stuupid and wasteful as that decision was, his zombies defended him with their last drop of blood.

Senseless wailers and common sense is like words and opposite!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Averted War In Edo by PassingShot(m): 6:30am On Sep 10, 2016
jesse8048:
No war was averted because non was about to happen. APC simply bought more time with flimsy excuses to do more underground work. I'm not in Edo and won't vote for dem but it's only a certified fool that will look around what's happening in the country including Edo state and still vote for APC.
And only a deranged person will see how PDP at state and federal level looted their yesterday, their today and tomorrow, and still go to vote for the Poverty Development Party.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Averted War In Edo by cckris: 6:33am On Sep 10, 2016
jesse8048:

only a certified fool that will look around what's happening in the country including Edo state and still vote for APC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Averted War In Edo by jesse8048(m): 6:35am On Sep 10, 2016
PassingShot:

And only a deranged person will see how PDP at state and federal level looted their yesterday, their today and tomorrow, and still go to vote for the Poverty Development Party.

PDP looted but kept some, shared some, and kept some for the masses to atleast buy food. But man, APC is looting everything even borrowing more money to b looted. Pls note I'm nt pro PDP bt it's only a fool dat will vote for APC.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Averted War In Edo by ificatchmodeh: 6:39am On Sep 10, 2016
The nation eh..una try. but them no reason am well..
How governor go dey his state as chief security officer,another governor from another state d plan mutiny am..na laxity,incompetence...even with
all those solders wey channels d show for edo wia dm d do push up..na wao..
And dem still dey d state all this plenty weapon find their way enter..haba..with plenty militants..8000..haa..na invasion oh..
Who wan chase the militants now. abi? Or the weapon wey don enter town,how dem wan take do am..
Apc eh..una sabi wash. grin..

Believe apc knew they've lost Edo already..they just buying time..

2 Likes

Re: The Averted War In Edo by Nobody: 6:44am On Sep 10, 2016
APC = failure

2 Likes

Re: The Averted War In Edo by Montaque(m): 6:48am On Sep 10, 2016
Nation Newspaper?
Keeping true to type. I wasn't expecting much truth.
Junk journalism!
We have just instituted a bad precedence for election manipulation, and we will all live to regret ever supporting it.

1 Like

Re: The Averted War In Edo by PassingShot(m): 6:50am On Sep 10, 2016
jesse8048:

PDP looted but kept some, shared some, and kept some for the masses to atleast buy food. But man, APC is looting everything even borrowing more money to b looted. Pls note I'm nt pro PDP bt it's only a fool dat will vote for APC.
You're a confirmed brainwashed PDP supporter!

You guys keep shouting APC (Edo) looted but you can't back anything up.

You mean you prefer PDP as in the attached?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Averted War In Edo by Oasis007(m): 6:53am On Sep 10, 2016
undecided

I was in Edo State on Wednesday till Friday, and everywhere is calm and peaceful!

The Policemen at the various Check-Points in Benin City ain't searching or doing any security work, rather they are exporting Motorists!

Honestly, I do not see a reason for the postponement, except there is another reason aside from the security reason.

This will only make PDP wax stronger, cos many Electorates would think, it's APC plan.

2 Likes

Re: The Averted War In Edo by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 10, 2016
Oba of Benin told dangote that Oshiomole did well in edo state. He says Oshiomole assures him his successor will do better than him

The Edaiken N’ Uselu and Crown Prince of Benin Kingdom, HRH Prince Eheneden Erediauwa says Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State has made giant strides in infrastructural development and has laid a solid foundation in the State for incoming governors to build upon.
Speaking while receiving the President and Chief Executive Officer, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote in the company of Governor Adams Oshiomhole and former Ekiti Governor, Niyi Adebayo at the Edaiken’s Palace, Benin City, Wednesday, the Crown Prince said, “We thank God and our ancestors for giving us our able governor. I told the President that I have always said that he has tried in Edo State. I am also sure that he is reaping the reward of his efforts in Edo State. He has tried, and we pray that whoever comes in next should try harder to do better.

He has assured us that if it is his candidate that comes in, the candidate will do better than himself. What our governor did is a feat that nobody believed would have been possible considering that he was in the opposition. At the time he came in, he was in the opposition party, and he was not getting attention at that time from the federal. He struggled to generate revenue from within and he used his wisdom. We pray that God should give him more wisdom. My prayer to him is that, as it has always been, he should sail on and on his tenure without blemish to the end successfully. And that still remains our prayer until he hands over the mantle of leadership, and we pray that the next governor should learn from what the Governor has done.”

He continued, “This city used to be described as an ancient kingdom, referring to that ancient city literarily speaking as if it was looking ancient because it was dilapidated. No light and we were in the dark. He is the first governor that has come and he lit up the place. Why can’t one but commend the state Governor for a job well done, since he has laid a serious foundation for other governors to build on?”
The Crown Prince further said, “Our request to you is that wherever we need something from the Federal level, you should assist our dear Governor to actualize what our request is to Mr. President.

We hope that one day, we will have the opportunity of benefitting from that. So, I would like to request on behalf of our chiefs, the Benin people that you keep on representing us at the federal level, assisting the Governor who has done marvelously well. We also like Alhaji to support our efforts to promote tourism in the state. One of the programmes I have by the grace of God is to promote tourism immensely. My pet project is free trade zone at Gelegele, and I have always been passionate about that. So, I have to quickly mention it.”

Responding, the President and Chief Executive, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote said, “I join millions of Nigerians and indeed the entire black race to congratulate you on the occasion of your ascension on to the seat of Oba of the ancient kingdom of Benin, one of Africa’s most revered and historical dynasties. I feel humbled and highly honoured to be invited to the occasion as one of the special guests. We have no doubt that you will build on the solid foundation laid by your forefathers. We all look forward to contributing our quota to the continuous growth and prosperity of the Benin kingdom during your reign. We pray the good Lord to give you the good health, long life and wisdom for a long peaceful and prosperous reign as Oba of Benin Kingdom.”

According to Dangote, “It’s always been a great pleasure for me to come personally and pay you a courtesy call. It is not even now; we have tried and tried to fix an appointment. There was a day even before that day for me to come and commiserate with you on the passing of our dear father. It is not only a loss to the entire Benin kingdom, but both Nigeria and beyond Nigeria, because he served Nigeria and he was a very peaceful person. And we pray to Almighty God to bless his soul.”

Dangote said, “I would like to personally commiserate with you and also to congratulate you for being the next Oba. I have no doubt, your royal majesty you will not only improve and also take Benin kingdom to the next level; I know that it will be felt all over Nigeria. With your exposure being an ambassador, knowing what has been happening all over the Western world, you will apply it here. We will continue to support your Royal Majesty. Right now, I know that with you, even though he is finishing his term in few days, with him and our new Oba, Benin will become a place where people will come from other places and look for jobs. This is actually a place that God has blessed. I was telling the Governor yesterday, creating jobs in Benin is not a difficult task.”

He added, “Governor Adams has actually done very well. People that have not been to Benin for the past ten years, if they visit Benin they will know there has been a real change, and I really congratulate Adams for doing his best bringing this state to this level. Today, I am more than happy that you are the next Oba of Benin. I congratulate you, and I want to assure you of my personal continuous support for this kingdom under your leadership. I will personally come back.”

Speaking earlier, Governor Adams Oshiomhole who accompanied Alhaji Aliko Dangote to the Edaiken Palace said, “Your Royal Highness, you remember I mentioned to you two months ago that I secured a date for Alhaji Aliko Dangote to come and visit you, to come and condole with you and the people of this kingdom. But then he took off from Lagos, and at Benin Airport there was no landing aid and that visit was aborted. It has been his desire to come to still commensurate with you, but this time to congratulate you on your formal installation as the Edaiken N’ Uselu. He has received your letter concerning the grand reception that we are all working for, God willing on the 26th of this month.”
Oshiomhole further said, “People refer to him in other terms, but I describe him in the way that I know him.

I describe him as the Africa’s most hardworking entrepreneur. It is that spirit of hard work that should inspire Nigerians, not the outcome of the hard work. So, in your palace this morning is Africa’s most resourceful entrepreneur.”

http://www.nigerianobservernews.com/2016/09/oshiomhole-has-laid-a-solid-foundation-in-edo-benin-crown-prince/

Note: The Nigerian Observer is a daily newspaper published in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria, since 1968 by the Bendel Newspapers Company Limited (BNCL).

1 Like

Re: The Averted War In Edo by agwom(m): 6:57am On Sep 10, 2016
cool
Re: The Averted War In Edo by 1shortblackboy: 6:59am On Sep 10, 2016
Sey na APC thread be this. See bias report na

1 Like

Re: The Averted War In Edo by AngryNigerian(m): 7:27am On Sep 10, 2016
We are all watching...

1 Like

Re: The Averted War In Edo by dechriscool(m): 7:42am On Sep 10, 2016
Junk,biase reportage.

Why would I believe this ?

1 Like

Re: The Averted War In Edo by Esejojo: 8:03am On Sep 10, 2016
The Mindboggling Corruption In The Oshionmhole Administration

===================================
Just like Fashola - Adams Oshionmhole would be remembered for presiding over a regime of financial impunity, profligacy, bogus and over-inflated contracts and criminally-bizarre contracts awards.

It is on record that the Oshionmhole administration has enjoyed the highest revenue ever in the history of Edo State.

In the last 8 years, the administration has received over N1trillion naira in the form of Federal allocations and IGR. This amount is in sharp contrast with the total sum of N197 billion that the state received in the entire 8 year period of the notorious sticky-finger, Lucky Igbinedion. And tragically, there is absolutely nothing to show for it.

Oshionmhole’s stint as governor has been fraught with most questionable fiscal expenditures and strange contract figures.
Some classic instances.

He set off on his administration by installing a water fountain at King Square, Ring Road in Benin City. The project cost the Edo state tax payers a whopping sum of N386 million!

And here is what makes the episode even more painful: the fountain barely worked.

In the 2015 budget, N150million was voted for the maintenance of this fountain. The fountain still didn’t work.

Curiously, in the 2016 budget, another N100million was also voted for its maintenance.
At the end of his administration, over N636million would have been spent on a meaningless fountain. And to what benefit?

And then, there is the contract for the expansion of Airport road, Benin-city.

Airport road is a 6.7km road in the heart of Benin-city. It is a road that has long existed. It is not a new road. It was expanded at an atrocious cost of N17billion. Mind you – no bridge was constructed along that road.

Now, here is a bit of comparison. The Benin-by-pass is a 46km road. It has four (4) bridges, six (6) flyovers. It was built in a virgin forest. It was built by the PDP administration with just N10 billion.

Some other projects executed at very questionable costs by the Oshionmhole administration include:

N950 million for the beautification of the popular “Five Junction” near TV road in Benin-city. (that is N50 million shy of N1billion).

N600 million for the installation of street light from “Third Junction” on Sapele road to “Country Home” road junction.

N400million for the rehabilitation of Ekenwan road.

N70million to organize a Beauty Pageant - an event that is of no economic value to the State and that its sponsorship should have been outsourced to the private sector.

$225m World Bank loan that was purportedly spent on ICT consultancy and Website design.

N3.5 million and N4.5 million per trip for chartered domestic flights to Iyamho, Abuja, Lagos and Benin even in the face of dwindling revenue from the federation account.

N4 million regular largesse given to his close aides in the guise of medical treatment fees.

N11 million naira as the cost of each room of the hostels in Edo State University in Oshinmhole’s home town of Iyamho.

N3 billion naira on school furniture that were never delivered to schools.

Political appointees from who hail from the home town of Oshionmhole earn twice what their other colleagues receive in what has become known as "Iyamho allowance”.

N3.5 billion in the 2016 budget in the never-ending allocation of monies for the construction of the Accident and Emergency Ward unit at the Benin Central Hospital. Note that there had been previous allocations for this same project in the 2014 and 2015 budget.

And so on.

Now, Afrinvest is a company owned by the APC Governorship candidate, Godwin Obaseki. Obaseki collects 5% for facilitating the N25billion Benin City water storm loan from the capital market.

Note that 5% of N25billion is N1.25 billion. This unhealthy arrangement is similar to the relationship between Alpha Beta Consulting (ABC) and the Lagos state government.

Hundreds of other companies that would have gladly done it for far less amount. Why wasn’t this contract better negotiated on behalf of the tax-paying people of Edo state?

In the 2016 Edo state budget, N10.65 billion was voted for the purpose of the welfare of Oshionmhole and his family.

That is 9.6% of the 2016 Edo State total budget of N111.50 billion.

That amount is what would be lavished on the First family of Edo state in a single year – a family that also enjoys N500million monthly security votes.

What a very high-maintenance family!
Or has Mary Kay become that expensive?

Meanwhile, key sectors like Water resources and agriculture were voted a meager N100 million and N300 million respectively in the same budget.

And painfully, not a single rural electrification project was embarked on in the entire eight (cool years of the Oshionhmole administration.

Now, on the forthcoming governorship election in Edo state, here is my personal and unsentimental opinion and prediction.

Oshionmhole’s stooge is most likely to emerge the next governor.. Because someone is going through the most elaborate length to ensure that.
There are already signs to that effect.

The mind-boggling amount of APC campaign materials - billboard banners, posters, jingles, etc - that has inundated every nook and cranny of Edo state is simply unprecedented.

Indeed, someone is desperate.

With the way things are going, and with the postponement of election, the Edo people will have their say, but Oshionmhole will have his way.

Copied from Facebook
Re: The Averted War In Edo by Bethelwealthy(m): 8:09am On Sep 10, 2016
Postpone the evil day........... Defeat is tying wrapper and got damask in its bag. better be ready for the SHOCK. undecided
Re: The Averted War In Edo by iwatch: 8:30am On Sep 10, 2016
PassingShot:

Mr man, I am a son Edo, lived that from 2000- 2015 and I can tell you that Edo State is very peaceful. You are a APC supporter so I don't expect you to state otherwise. Have you been to Edo State? Have you lived there?

APC is just lying.
Re: The Averted War In Edo by iwatch: 8:36am On Sep 10, 2016
Esejojo:
The Mindboggling Corruption In The Oshionmhole Administration

===================================
Just like Fashola - Adams Oshionmhole would be remembered for presiding over a regime of financial impunity, profligacy, bogus and over-inflated contracts and criminally-bizarre contracts awards.

It is on record that the Oshionmhole administration has enjoyed the highest revenue ever in the history of Edo State.

In the last 8 years, the administration has received over N1trillion naira in the form of Federal allocations and IGR. This amount is in sharp contrast with the total sum of N197 billion that the state received in the entire 8 year period of the notorious sticky-finger, Lucky Igbinedion. And tragically, there is absolutely nothing to show for it.

Oshionmhole’s stint as governor has been fraught with most questionable fiscal expenditures and strange contract figures.
Some classic instances.

He set off on his administration by installing a water fountain at King Square, Ring Road in Benin City. The project cost the Edo state tax payers a whopping sum of N386 million!

And here is what makes the episode even more painful: the fountain barely worked.

In the 2015 budget, N150million was voted for the maintenance of this fountain. The fountain still didn’t work.

Curiously, in the 2016 budget, another N100million was also voted for its maintenance.
At the end of his administration, over N636million would have been spent on a meaningless fountain. And to what benefit?

And then, there is the contract for the expansion of Airport road, Benin-city.

Airport road is a 6.7km road in the heart of Benin-city. It is a road that has long existed. It is not a new road. It was expanded at an atrocious cost of N17billion. Mind you – no bridge was constructed along that road.

Now, here is a bit of comparison. The Benin-by-pass is a 46km road. It has four (4) bridges, six (6) flyovers. It was built in a virgin forest. It was built by the PDP administration with just N10 billion.

Some other projects executed at very questionable costs by the Oshionmhole administration include:

N950 million for the beautification of the popular “Five Junction” near TV road in Benin-city. (that is N50 million shy of N1billion).

N600 million for the installation of street light from “Third Junction” on Sapele road to “Country Home” road junction.

N400million for the rehabilitation of Ekenwan road.

N70million to organize a Beauty Pageant - an event that is of no economic value to the State and that its sponsorship should have been outsourced to the private sector.

$225m World Bank loan that was purportedly spent on ICT consultancy and Website design.

N3.5 million and N4.5 million per trip for chartered domestic flights to Iyamho, Abuja, Lagos and Benin even in the face of dwindling revenue from the federation account.

N4 million regular largesse given to his close aides in the guise of medical treatment fees.

N11 million naira as the cost of each room of the hostels in Edo State University in Oshinmhole’s home town of Iyamho.

N3 billion naira on school furniture that were never delivered to schools.

Political appointees from who hail from the home town of Oshionmhole earn twice what their other colleagues receive in what has become known as "Iyamho allowance”.

N3.5 billion in the 2016 budget in the never-ending allocation of monies for the construction of the Accident and Emergency Ward unit at the Benin Central Hospital. Note that there had been previous allocations for this same project in the 2014 and 2015 budget.

And so on.

Now, Afrinvest is a company owned by the APC Governorship candidate, Godwin Obaseki. Obaseki collects 5% for facilitating the N25billion Benin City water storm loan from the capital market.

Note that 5% of N25billion is N1.25 billion. This unhealthy arrangement is similar to the relationship between Alpha Beta Consulting (ABC) and the Lagos state government.

Hundreds of other companies that would have gladly done it for far less amount. Why wasn’t this contract better negotiated on behalf of the tax-paying people of Edo state?

In the 2016 Edo state budget, N10.65 billion was voted for the purpose of the welfare of Oshionmhole and his family.

That is 9.6% of the 2016 Edo State total budget of N111.50 billion.

That amount is what would be lavished on the First family of Edo state in a single year – a family that also enjoys N500million monthly security votes.

What a very high-maintenance family!
Or has Mary Kay become that expensive?

Meanwhile, key sectors like Water resources and agriculture were voted a meager N100 million and N300 million respectively in the same budget.

And painfully, not a single rural electrification project was embarked on in the entire eight (cool years of the Oshionhmole administration.

Now, on the forthcoming governorship election in Edo state, here is my personal and unsentimental opinion and prediction.

Oshionmhole’s stooge is most likely to emerge the next governor.. Because someone is going through the most elaborate length to ensure that.
There are already signs to that effect.

The mind-boggling amount of APC campaign materials - billboard banners, posters, jingles, etc - that has inundated every nook and cranny of Edo state is simply unprecedented.

Indeed, someone is desperate.

With the way things are going, and with the postponement of election, the Edo people will have their say, but Oshionmhole will have his way.

Copied from Facebook
Bros, even though I don't like what Oshiomole has turned himself to, most of what you wrote are lies. The roads he built are standard. I high standard roads, he renovated a lot of schools.

But these happened during his first term.

Did you include the general hospital that has just been completed?
Re: The Averted War In Edo by Esejojo: 9:44am On Sep 10, 2016
iwatch:
Bros, even though I don't like what Oshiomole has turned himself to, most of what you wrote are lies. The roads he built are standard. I high standard roads, he renovated a lot of schools.

"Edo State chairman of the party, Dan Orbih, who made the remark at a media briefing held in Benin on Tuesday to analyze the Edo State 2016 Budget, also accused Governor Oshiomhole of voting the sum of N3.5 billion for the construction of the Accident and Emergency Ward unit at the Benin Central Hospital, [\b] adding that the hospital ward has become a conduit pipe used to siphon the resources of the state as funds had been allocated to the wards in the last two budgets (2014 and 2015 Budget."[/b]
Re: The Averted War In Edo by bokohalal(m): 10:44am On Sep 10, 2016
iwatch:
The mistake the compilation made is that it actually touts what Oshiomole has done in Edo State. Take it or leave it, Oshiomole worked in Edo State. Only an Ingrate will deny his achievements .
Re: The Averted War In Edo by iwatch: 4:12pm On Sep 10, 2016
bokohalal:

The mistake the compilation made is that it actually touts what Oshiomole has done in Edo State. Take it or leave it, Oshiomole worked in Edo State. Only an Ingrate will deny his achievements .
yes he worked but has turned himself into a power drunk individual, abuse of office etc.
Re: The Averted War In Edo by AnglicanProphet: 9:36pm On Sep 10, 2016
Though I'm not an Edo indigen but the APC wants to win at all cost cos from what I've read from diverse sources and with the pool performance of the Government at the center, all things been equal without incumbency power in display, PDP will carry the day. #Changethechange.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian State And The Coming Realignment In Yorubaland, By Femi Fani-kayode / Goodluck Jonathan's Aide Confesses: I Collected 50m From Dasuki For Christmas / Picture Of Eco Bank Closed Down By Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.