Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,633 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:23 AM

Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? (10777 Views)

Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads / 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car / 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by Bonuwa: 7:46am On Sep 13, 2016
Vio, and rd safety r not doing their work in dis country, I dont knw y fg r still keeping dem . I just de wait d day wer vio or rd safety ppl go vex go on strike say dem no pay dem make I c weda naija no go beta Cus der r cosn confusion everwhr

1 Like

Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by lonelydora: 7:46am On Sep 13, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
they are ensuring other motorists are safe, they are on patrol and inspecting vehicle/papers. The little inconvenience should be endured.

[size=1pt]I hate vio dem too like 20k ticket[/size]

VIO check papers? I always quarrel and argue them whenever they ask for my papers. Tell them it's not their job to check papers.
Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by shuggah(m): 7:49am On Sep 13, 2016
but there is no VIo in awka, anambra state.
Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by sammhi(m): 8:29am On Sep 13, 2016
VIO are just a means for state governors to earn revenue . Nothing of value is added to the system
They are vehicle inspectors but inspect nothing but payment of vehicle papers ! What a country !
Dilapidated vehicles all over especially trucks and yet you have a VIO ! Is that not a joke ?

1 Like

Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 13, 2016
V

1 Like

Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by sheddy03: 8:54am On Sep 13, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
they are ensuring other motorists are safe, they are on patrol and inspecting vehicle/papers. The little inconvenience should be endured.

they are revenue generating agency na
Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by oluchivy(f): 10:45am On Sep 13, 2016
don't like them at all

1 Like

Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by Qualer: 11:33am On Sep 13, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

1 Like

Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by Qualer: 11:35am On Sep 13, 2016
sammhi:
VIO are just a means for state governors to earn revenue . Nothing of value is added to the system
They are vehicle inspectors but inspect nothing but payment of vehicle papers ! What a country !
Dilapidated vehicles all over especially trucks and yet you have a VIO ! Is that not a joke ?

Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by Qualer: 11:38am On Sep 13, 2016
spartoo:
I don't even understand why we need all of these officers. Are they really necessary or are we wasting money?

VIO will check your papers,
LASTMA will check your papers,
MOT will check your papers,
SOLDIERS will check your papers,
FRSC will check your papers,
our dear friend the POLICE will check your papers,

very soon LAWMA and AREA BOYS will start checking papers too

1 Like

Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by VajanahDischaj(f): 11:46am On Sep 13, 2016
AutoJoshNG:
I was running late for an appointment yesterday morning and every microsecond was of essence. I made a u-turn at the old toll-gate to go into Alausa, Ikeja through Seven-up.

Lo and behold, there was traffic and the cause took me aback. It was a VIO check point in front of Seven-up gate and the officials had used up a whole lane, therefore, forcing all vehicles to maneuver through the other lane. Is this the same VIO that is meant to maintain sanity on our roads? Is this the same VIO that is meant to help prevent road accidents? Why do we keep doing this to our great nation?

See more pictures...

http://autojosh.com/are-these-vio-guys-doing-us-more-harm-than-good/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
in the first place, vio is not trained for road duties, 80% of them are not well educated.

they claim to inspect vehicles but their target is clean vehicles, they are after expired papers and not unhealthy vehicles.

nah ona dey give them chance sha, it's left for the state govt to kick them out.

they ain't active in my state, in kaduna they kicked them cos they are useless.

guess what!!I've not renewed my papers since 2011. YES!!I don't stop for them!I won't even wind down to answer the numbskulls. I dey even manage police wahala with 50naira tip.
Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by faffing: 3:36pm On Sep 13, 2016
I still don't understand the difference between FRSC and VIO functions. Can someone clarify please?

@op, I understand it's frustrating even getting pulled over for no driving offence by the useless sons of bi****s.
Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by sooperrescue(m): 10:35pm On Sep 21, 2016
The vio was set up by law to conduct tests for drivers, inspect and certify vehicles to be fit to be on the road. In those days, an off road sticker from the vio is like a sentence. Then came in corruption, and they all ganged up and made the FG to include roadworthy certificate as part of the documents to be in possession of every motorist meanwhile, the states did not deem it fit to build centers for physical inspection of vehicles hence you can register a vehicle still in the US and collect roadworthy certicate for a car that is not even in the country and with no documents to back it up. Until recently, people were printing their own booklets of roadworthy certificates and selling it to the motoring public. I have seen in the past where the Vio in lagos used to impound vehicles registered in abuja and they claim that they had fake registration numbers. I have gone round many states vio and the only one that is organised document wise is Bauchi state where they have a one stop shop of insurance, board of internal revenue, vio and frsc in one office. My friends just opened a computerised testing center in abuja and they pay the vio to help them enforce the law by making motorists to be brought to the center. Nassarawa vio sell fake vehicle documents in mararaba. The kaduna vio was disbanded by el rufai because they were all for themselves and not for the welbeing of the motoring public. Lagos vio has a core inspector who was brought in from the Federal ministry of works hence their visibility. The fashola regime failed as he could not reform the vio before he left office though he tried to set things right by establishing vio testing centers across lagos. That is all for today, tomorow is for my beloved frsc or someone should remind me

(1) (2) (Reply)

Candid Advice On Choice Btw Honda Accord Or Toyota Corolla / 11 Steps To File A Complaint Against A LASTMA Official / 10 Tips For Driving Safely Around Large Trucks Or Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.