Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,771 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) (61525 Views)

Ogenyi Onazi To Donate Boots To Nigerian Talents On His Return Home / Top 10 U-23 Talents In The NPFL / American-born Nigerian Talents Featuring At The Rio 2016 Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Pavarotti: 6:17pm On Oct 08, 2016
the Class of 2015 are just Superb

Orji Okonkwo Scores for Bologna Again

http://www.soccerassembly.com/orji-okonkwo-scores-again-in-italy/

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:46pm On Oct 08, 2016
Pavarotti:

the Class of 2015 are just Superb

Orji Okonkwo Scores for Bologna Again

http://www.soccerassembly.com/orji-okonkwo-scores-again-in-italy/

Nice update. I hope the other good players in the 2015 set do not waste.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Pavarotti: 11:00am On Oct 11, 2016
Words cant express the pain i feel when I see Ejaria Turning out for England

Watch his goal against USA below

http://www.soccerassembly.com/nigerian-targets-ovie-ejaria-dominic-solanke-help-england-u20s-beat-usa/

We really should have capped him against Tanzania. we had no excuse

how hard is it to invite someone ?
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:29pm On Oct 11, 2016
Pavarotti:

Words cant express the pain i feel when I see Ejaria Turning out for England

Watch his goal against USA below

http://www.soccerassembly.com/nigerian-targets-ovie-ejaria-dominic-solanke-help-england-u20s-beat-usa/

We really should have capped him against Tanzania. we had no excuse

how hard is it to invite someone ?

If his soul is in England, wish him the best. We still have Chidi Nwakali, Ifeanyi Matthew, Nwobodo who are not playing for the Super Eagles.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by enomakos(m): 8:51pm On Oct 13, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

If his soul is in England, wish him the best. We still have Chidi Nwakali, Ifeanyi Matthew, Nwobodo who are not playing for the Super Eagles.
you are right,the one we have are better than him

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:29am On Oct 14, 2016
We haven't lost Ejaria just yet..... He's only turning out for the English youth sides.

He's still open to Nigeria at senior level.

enomakos:
you are right,the one we have are better than him
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by enomakos(m): 12:14pm On Oct 14, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
We haven't lost Ejaria just yet..... He's only turning out for the English youth sides.

He's still open to Nigeria at senior level.

i know and i wish him goodluck
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:43pm On Oct 18, 2016
MANU GARBA LEADS NIGERIA U19S TO
KOREA TOURNEY

Eaglets head coach, Manu Garba

Coach Manu Garba is to lead a team of Nigeria
U19s for an all-expenses-paid tourney in Korea
later this year, officials have informed.

Officials and players are believed to have already submitted their international passports for the trip to South Korea.

The earlier arrangement was for the team to
feature at an international tournament in Dubai.
Manu, who led Nigeria to win the 2013 FIFA U17
World Cup in Abu Dhabi, failed to qualify the
Golden Eaglets for next year’s U17 AFCON in
Madagascar.

He is expected to feature the bulk of the Eaglets Class of 2016 team for this invitational tourney.

Source: http://africanfootball.com//news/656616/Manu-Garba-leads-Nigeria-U19s-to-Korea-tourney

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:49pm On Oct 18, 2016
Nigerian Wonderkid Ndukwu Scores Two
Stunners, Ughelumba Debuts As Leicester
Return To Winning Ways In UYL

Leicester City ended a two-game losing streak
in the UEFA Youth League with a hard-fought 3-2 victory over FC Copenhagen at Loughborough University Football Stadium
(Loughborough) on Tuesday afternoon.

The Foxes would have been staring elimination in the face if they had lost today’s fixture, but a brace from England youth-teamer of Nigerian descent Layton Ndukwu and Pascanu secured an important win for Beaglehole’s side.

Both teams headed into the interval with the
scoreboard reading 1-1, but it changed five
minutes out of intermission when Ndukwu curled in an effort from 20 yards.

And it became 3-1 fifteen minutes later courtesy of another brilliant goal from the number eleven, who struck from long range.

Both Ndukwu and the exciting Nigerian defender Calvin Ughelumba put in a ninety-minute shift.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=20789

2 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:58pm On Oct 18, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
KOREA TOURNEY

Officials and players are believed to have already submitted their international passports for the trip to South Korea.

Madagascar.

He is expected to feature the bulk of the Eaglets Class of 2016 team for this invitational tourney.

Source: http://africanfootball.com//news/656616/Manu-Garba-leads-Nigeria-U19s-to-Korea-tourney

One of the best news I have read recently. A big round of applause for the NFF. We hope we get more exposure for our promising young lads.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Icon4s(m): 8:04pm On Oct 18, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
KOREA TOURNEY

Madagascar.

A good tourney.

But here we go again fielding under aged players for age grade tourneys.

The tourney is for U19. Golden Eaglets of 2016 are jst 16 or less. The right crop of players for this tourney are Amuneke's 2016 Flying Eagles who obviously are even 18 or less. The foreign players among them may not be invited.

cc: TheGoodJoe.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:16pm On Oct 18, 2016
Icon4s:

A good tourney.

But here we go again fielding under aged players for age grade tourneys.

The tourney is for U19. Golden Eaglets of 2016 are jst 16 or less. The right crop of players for this tourney are Amuneke's 2016 Flying Eagles who obviously are even 18 or less. The foreign players among them may not be invited.

cc: TheGoodJoe.

This is not about winning but development. I see it as a good idea.

The current junior League in England is U23 but City chose to field their U19 players to have them develop fast against stronger opponents.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Icon4s(m): 8:22pm On Oct 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

This is not about winning but development. I see it as a good idea.

The current junior League in England is U23 but City chose to field their U19 players to have them develop fast against stronger opponents.

Then the development should be focused more on the Amuneke boys as we have more prospects from that crop. They are U17 champions.

The 2016 Golden Eaglets may jst be a waste of time. A team that could not go pass Niger at U17 is not worth the time.More like flogging a dead horse. They remind me of the 2011 Eaglets. How many of them went on to become great?

Our hope lies more on the 2015 U17s. They are the true U19s

And City U19 u said and not U16. Development really starts at U19.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:27pm On Oct 18, 2016
Icon4s:

Then the development should be focused more on the Amuneke boys as we have more prospects from that crop. They are U17 champions.

The 2016 Golden Eaglets may jst be a waste of time. A team that could not go pass Niger at U17 is not worth the time.More like flogging a dead horse. They remind me of the 2011 Eaglets. How many of them went on to become great?

Our hope lies more on the 2015 U17s. They are the true U19s

Amunike's conquering Eaglets have some exposure with their U17 triumph. Manu Garba's boys have little exposure and this tournament is the beginning of that.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Icon4s(m): 8:37pm On Oct 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Amunike's conquering Eaglets have some exposure with their U17 triumph. Manu Garba's boys have little exposure and this tournament is the beginning of that.

The 2016 Eaglets are not a talented squad. Exposing them will not yield much results for us.

We need to give the Amuneke's Flying Eagles another opportunity to redeem their image. These are the crop that are close to signing professional contracts and taking them for that tourney would pave way for scouts to really assess them.

The 2016 Eaglets would be so beating and out muscled and only cause more disappointments. And at the end have nothing to show for or give back to Nigerian football.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:41pm On Oct 18, 2016
Icon4s:

The 2016 Eaglets are not a talented squad. Exposing them will not yield much results for us.

We need to give the Amuneke's Flying Eagles another opportunity to redeem their image. These are the crop that are close to signing professional contracts and taking them for that tourney would pave way for scouts to really assess them.

The 2016 Eaglets would be so beating and out muscled and only cause more disappointments. And at the end have nothing to show for or give back to Nigerian football.

You can not assure that they are not talented. There were challenges the team faced before they got knocked out. Before the MRI screening, I do not remember the team losing a match in their warm-up games.

This is not an U17 tournament and most of the players who failed the MRI will make this team.

So I expect this Manu Garba's team to do well. Contrary to your belief of them losing.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Icon4s(m): 8:51pm On Oct 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You can not assure that they are not talented. There were challenges the team faced before they got knocked out. Before the MRI screening, I do not remember the team losing a match in their warm-up games.

This is not an U17 tournament and most of the players who failed the MRI will make this team.

So I expect this Manu Garba's team to do well. Contrary to your belief of them losing.

Well, Good Luck to them.I hope they dnt get disgraced.

I would prefere a proper U19 for the tourney.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:15pm On Oct 19, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

We should not reward liars. Players who fail the MRI should be sent to the back of the bus. Amunike's boys who are left and Manu's boys who passed should be selected.

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:19pm On Oct 19, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

We should not reward liars. Players who fail the MRI should be sent to the back of the bus. Amunike's boys who are left and Manu's boys who passed should be selected.

Failing MRI does not make them liars. They failed the test for an U17 tourney. This is an under 19 tourney and we deserve to increase our pool with the most talented players.

Not all might be overage but they failed the test.

Let us put the past behind us and get the best talents from the exercise we carried out to find those talents.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:13pm On Oct 19, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Failing MRI does not make them liars. They failed the test for an U17 tourney. This is an under 19 tourney and we deserve to increase our pool with the most talented players.

Not all might be overage but they failed the test.

Let us put the past behind us and get the best talents from the exercise we carried out to find those talents.

What do u mean? In this day and age we all know how old we are? If i go to tryout for u17 knowing i'm 18 then i am a liar and in doing so I set my country backwards. Even if it's by 6 months it is still I lie.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:57pm On Oct 19, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

What do u mean? In this day and age we all know how old we are? If i go to tryout for u17 knowing i'm 18 then i am a liar and in doing so I set my country backwards. Even if it's by 6 months it is still I lie.

The MRI scan is to stop players from over seventeen for making the cut. It does not guarantee that all under seventeen must pass. That is what I am pointing out. If a player fails the test, it is not guaranteed he is overage. It is stronger in preventing an overage from passing the test.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:59pm On Oct 19, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

We spent a lot of time, money and man power scouting this talent. Some might be above seventeen but below nineteen. I say we do not waste the time and a chance of missing some exceptional talents. We say we give them some exposure.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:07pm On Oct 19, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

We spent a lot of time, money and man power scouting this talent. Some might be above seventeen but below nineteen. I say we do not waste the time and a chance of missing some exceptional talents. We say we give them some exposure.

I don't care wat we spent, this is the national team if we can't expect the right thing done then we are still at square 1 as a nation. I don't see too many other countries having players fail as much. This is sending the wrong message.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:12pm On Oct 19, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

I don't care wat we spent, this is the national team if we can't expect the right thing done then we are still at square 1 as a nation. I don't see too many other countries having players fail as much. This is sending the wrong message.

Because it is not your money. We need to keep producing top players. If we waste these players, we waste a golden opportunity of keeping pressure on the golden generation. They faced enough heartache already. They need a chance to show themselves.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:42pm On Oct 19, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Because it is not your money. We need to keep producing top players. If we waste these players, we waste a golden opportunity of keeping pressure on the golden generation. They faced enough heartache already. They need a chance to show themselves.

U don't put money over credibility. By selecting a cheater u open the door for more cheating. Let us work with the one's who passed, are they not golden enough for u?
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BlackAlbino6(m): 4:09pm On Oct 19, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
KOREA TOURNEY

Madagascar.

I love this arrangement, wish the U20 boys are given such a chance
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BlackAlbino6(m): 4:13pm On Oct 19, 2016
FIFA Force Porto To Send “Nigerian Robben” Samuel Chukwueze Back To Nigeria
Failed Arsenal target Samuel Chukwueze is back in Nigeria after spending time with Portuguese giants FC Porto, the team he will join when he clocks 18.

Chukwueze one of the stars of the last Nigeria U-17 team to the World Cup in Chile, where they emerged champions trained with the U-18s of the team before returning back to Nigeria.

His return we gathered was due to FIFA regulations on the transfer of minors, which means he can’t be kept by the team for now, as he is yet to be officially registered as their player.

Although a transfer fee has been agreed with his nursery team Diamond Academy for the recently turned 17 year old forward, but payments will be made after the transfer is made official.

However, Owngoalnigeria.com gathered that even when he clocks 18, arrangements are already well underway to loan him to a team in the low division before he makes the step up to the main team.

owngoalnigeria.com/2016/10/18/fifa-force-porto-to-send-nigerian-robben-samuel-chukwueze-back-to-nigeria/
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BlackAlbino6(m): 4:16pm On Oct 19, 2016
Nigerian Super Teen Osimhen Gets New Coach At Wolfsburg

Nigerian highly rated teen forward Victor Osimhen will be under the tutelage of a new coach at German side Wolfsburg following the sacking of Dieter Hecking.

The decision to sack Hecking was reportedly done to stem a poor run of form that has seen them fail to win their last five games in the league.

Wolfsburg are currently placed 14th on the Bundesliga league table with just six points from their first seven games of the season, way below where many people taught they will be before the start of the season.

However Osimhen as he is yet to play a competitive game for the team as he is yet to clock the professional age of 18. But he has already hit the ground running, scoring in a game played for charity purposes.

His coach at the U23s where he has been training will now be in temporary charge of the first team for their game against SV Darmstadt 98, before a decision is made on a new permanent manager of the team.

owngoalnigeria.com/2016/10/18/nigerian-super-teen-osimhen-gets-new-coach-at-wolfsburg/
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BlackAlbino6(m): 4:18pm On Oct 19, 2016
Arsenal Loanee Nwakali Yet To Hit Full Stride At MVV Maastricht

Kelechi Nwakali is slowly being integrated into the set up at Dutch second division side MVV Maastricht, where he is on loan from English Premier League giant Arsenal.

Nwakali’s transfer to Arsenal was made official in the summer, with the Most Valuable Player (MVP) of the last Under-17 World Cup signing a five year contract.

However work permit restrictions means he was farmed out on loan to MVV Maastricht to enable him get games, which will aid his development before he is eventually ready for the first team at Arsenal.

The 18 year old has however struggled to adjust and adapt to his latest surroundings, playing a total of just 67 minutes in all competition since joining the team two months ago.

His highest time spent on the pitch is 45 minutes, which came in the cup game against Volendam, aside that he has appeared as a substitute in three league games raking up a total of 21 minutes, which includes last weekend when he was introduced with eight minutes left to play.
owngoalnigeria.com/2016/10/18/arsenal-loanee-nwakali-yet-to-hit-full-stride-at-mvv-maastricht/
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BlackAlbino6(m): 4:32pm On Oct 19, 2016
AF Nigeria Norway
Ifeanyi Matthew Player of the Week in Norway, Lillestrom Club of Week

Ifeanyi Matthew (left) has continued to shine for Norwegian club Lillestrom

Ex-Kano Pillars midfield star Ifeanyi Matthew is now the new shining star in Norway after he was named Player of the Week in the country’s top league and his club Lillestrom scooped the Team of the Week.

Matthew set the tone for an unlikely Lillestrom win at title chasers Brann with his opportunistic goal, but his overall performance earned him the man of the match award.

After his opener after half an hour, he was denied a second goal by the brilliant Brann goalkeeper, he also conjured a through ball for a dangerous attack in a five-star display for Lillestrom to win 2-1 away from home.

On the back of this unlikely win, Lillestrom are now in the relegation play-off bracket and they will steer clear of the dreaded drop with a home win over IK Start on Sunday.

africanfootball.com/news/656495/Ifeanyi-Matthew-Player-of-the-Week-in-Norway-Lillestrom-Club-of-Week
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Icon4s(m): 4:48pm On Oct 19, 2016
BlackAlbino6:

I love this arrangement, wish the U20 boys are given such a chance

cc: TheGoodJoe
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Icon4s(m): 4:51pm On Oct 19, 2016
BlackAlbino6:
FIFA Force Porto To Send “Nigerian Robben” Samuel Chukwueze Back To Nigeria
Failed Arsenal target Samuel Chukwueze is back in Nigeria after spending time with Portuguese giants FC Porto, the team he will join when he clocks 18.

Chukwueze one of the stars of the last Nigeria U-17 team to the World Cup in Chile, where they emerged champions trained with the U-18s of the team before returning back to Nigeria.

His return we gathered was due to FIFA regulations on the transfer of minors, which means he can’t be kept by the team for now, as he is yet to be officially registered as their player.

Although a transfer fee has been agreed with his nursery team Diamond Academy for the recently turned 17 year old forward, but payments will be made after the transfer is made official.

However, Owngoalnigeria.com gathered that even when he clocks 18, arrangements are already well underway to loan him to a team in the low division before he makes the step up to the main team.

owngoalnigeria.com/2016/10/18/fifa-force-porto-to-send-nigerian-robben-samuel-chukwueze-back-to-nigeria/

No wahala, no be when he clocks 18?

Meanwhile, he could be available for the Korea tourney. It is highly talented teens like these that need more exposure.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Why Footballers Get Cautioned When They Take Of Their Shirt To Celebrate A Goal? / Ronaldo Dragged After Super Cup Loss. Pictures! / Barcelona Players Receive Customized Iphone 11 Pro Max As Christmas Gifts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.