Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,190 members, 7,822,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) (61799 Views)

Ogenyi Onazi To Donate Boots To Nigerian Talents On His Return Home / Top 10 U-23 Talents In The NPFL / American-born Nigerian Talents Featuring At The Rio 2016 Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:33am On Sep 13, 2016
Guardiola promotes Adarabioyo to first team

[img]http://3.bp..com/-EomNYlk2dpM/V9duUoGdTTI/AAAAAAAABOI/rSTRDZJ1SZQXk66w8MOSiH_E51DTd6IwgCLcB/s400/Tosin-Adarabioyo.jpg[/img]

Tosin Adarabioyo has been promoted to City's first team

 The defender is one of the five
youngsters recently promoted by Guardiola.

Manchester City Coach Pep Guardiola is understood to have promoted Nigerian defender
Tosin Adarabioyo fully to his first team.

The 18 year-old impressed the City Manager during pre-season training and according to
Manchester Evening News, the central defender is among the five youngsters added to the first
team roster.

At the moment, Adarabioyo’s only competitive appearance in the new season was against
Steaua Bucharest in the Champions League playoffs, where he enjoyed 30 minutes of
action at the Etihad Stadium as he came in as a replacement for John Stones.

Source: http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2016/09/guardiola-promotes-adarabioyo-to-first.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 13, 2016
HarryFrank:
Call me or add me on WhatsApp +2348168481538::Congrats to those that won fixed game with me,
you can see the won ticket bellow next fixed games comes
up on Wednesday 14/09/16.
FIXED!FIXED!!FIXED!!! ◕ ◕ ◕
╚► TIP: HALFTIME / FULLTIME
╚► ODD: 960, 500 and 300
╚► ( ******* ) ◕
╚► SAFE : 1000 % ◕
╚► If interested call or whatsapp +2348168481538. Games
can be played on every bookmarker.
THIS MAN IS A SCAMMER. HE COPIED THIS PICTURE FROM AN ONLINE SOURCE. COPY AND SEARCH HIS WHATSAPP NUMBER HERE ON NL AND CLICK THE "MY WIFE SPAT ON MY FACE" THREAD WHERE HE POSTED THIS ADVERT. GO TO PAGE 14 FOR SCREENSHOTS OF MY CONVERSATION WITH HIM WHERE HE COULDN'T PROVIDE DEFINITE PROOF WHEN I PUT HIM UNDER PRESSURE. DONT LOSE YOUR MONEY TO THIS MAN
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Mickael2(m): 9:00am On Sep 13, 2016
Absolutely fantastic. I am quite happy about this but just one question, do we have any age restrictions for the players we can discuss here?

Anyways, does anyone have any info on....#scratching my head, whats the name of that Nigerian that was playing for Barcelona....Ekphoma or so?
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by goldfish80(m): 10:14am On Sep 13, 2016
My first contribution to this thread would be a proposal for the Nff to establish atleast 3 - 4 world class academies modelled after the French Clairefontain academy spread out strategically through various zones in the country.

These academies should be furnished with world class training facilities like high performance gyms,training pitches, grass and astrotoph, medical facilities etc

The recruitment requirement to the academy should for junior school s leavers between the ages of 12_14 yrs of age.
These players would be trained over a period 3yrs, from Monday to Friday. They will equally get educated in the classroom by competent teachers.

On graduation, these players will graduate to the U17 - U19 national teams, augmented by players from various academies spread out across the nation.

Also, the NPFL should make it mandatory for clubs to have feeder teams or academies before registration.
A league should be setup for these academies and feeder teams.

This arrangement/setup will go a long way to ensure steady stream of talented players with proper education to be absorbed by the various national teams and also furnish the Nigerian league with well trained players.
The exceptional players among these players obviously will obviously get a chance to crack it with good clubs in central Europe.

It's time the Nff wake up to its responsibilities of developing football in the country and not papering over the cracks like we are doing,without any form of framework in place.

Funding of projects like this will be very expensive but achievable. All it requires is for a smart approach and a little bit of creativity.
I will explain further in my next post.

4 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:10am On Sep 13, 2016
Loolll... You mean "Godswill Elohor Ekpolo" wink

Well, last I heard, he was released or so by Barcelona B and is currently "unattached".

Hope to dig up something on him soon. smiley

To your Question: Well, the focus of this thread is on Players/talents within the age range of U-17/U-18 to U-21/U-23..... smiley

Hence the names "cadet" and "Youth". wink

Mickael2:
Absolutely fantastic. I am quite happy about this but just one question, do we have any age restrictions for the players we can discuss here?

Anyways, does anyone have any info on....#scratching my head, whats the name of that Nigerian that was playing for Barcelona....Ekphoma or so?

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by goldfish80(m): 11:13am On Sep 13, 2016

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by terzurum5(m): 12:52pm On Sep 13, 2016
goldfish80:

You must be a think Tank Sir.
But how I wish you repackaged these ideas in a more documented well secured form to sell it the authorities concerned.

I believe you have just given us a hint. I wouldn't love you to just expose every thing just like that.

I hope I made sense.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:30pm On Sep 13, 2016
“NIGERIAN KANTE” AWUA GETS HIGH
RATINGS IN FIRST GAME FOR INTER-MILAN

Highly rated Nigerian teen midfielder, Theophilus Awua was among the top performers for Inter-Milan Primavera in their narrow win over Palermo, in their opening game.

The Football Academy Abuja (FAA) graduate got a high rating of 7 over 10. Only Pinamonti who
scored the goal got a higher rating than the
hardworking teen.

Mondo Primavera, the site that did the ratings
went further to suggest that he has all of the
characteristics to be a top player in the future
based on his performance.

On loan from Serie B side Spezia, with Inter-Milan having the option of making the deal permanent in the summer, his fine start to life at the club will no doubt enhance his prospect of earning a permanent deal.

Rated by ex England international John Fashanu
as one of the best teen midfielders in Nigeria. He
will be hoping to follow in the footsteps of
Nigerians who have played for the Serie A side.

Awua will in the coming season try to walk the
path of Kanu Nwankwo, Taribo West, Obafemi
Martins, Joel Obi and Obiora Nwankwo who have
all played for the San Siro oufit.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/09/13/nigerian-kante-awua-gets-high-ratings-in-first-game-for-inter-milan/

2 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by goldfish80(m): 2:16pm On Sep 13, 2016
terzurum5:

You must be a think Tank Sir.
But how I wish you repackaged these ideas in a more documented well secured form to sell it the authorities concerned.

I believe you have just given us a hint. I wouldn't love you to just expose every thing just like that.

I hope I made sense.
You made sense alot. There's alot of work to be done to bring this idea to fruitition. Thanks for the encouragement to develop further on this.
Please kindly unquote me to make things easier.

Thanks alot.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by terzurum5(m): 6:59pm On Sep 13, 2016
goldfish80:

You made sense alot. There's alot of work to be done to bring this idea to fruitition. Thanks for the encouragement to develop further on this.
Please kindly unquote me to make things easier.

Thanks alot.
I have just done that.
Sorry for the late reply, I just got to a place with networt.

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Napoleon55(m): 7:02pm On Sep 13, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
NIGERIA SET FOR INTERNATIONAL BATTLE
WITH HOLLAND OVER SUPER TEEN
NWANKWO

The international future of Dutch wonderkid Nigel Ogidi Nwankwo is sure going to spark a war between Nigeria and the Netherlands going by recent reports gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com.

17 year old Nwankwo plays for the U-19s of Dutch side ADO Den Haag and has been tip to represent the Netherlands at U-17 level but recent reports suggest contacts has been established with Nigeria where his parents hail from.

We gathered one of his family member sounded
out his Nigerian roots to a member of the football family in Nigeria who has now set the wheel in motion to lure the talented teen to Nigeria.

Comfortable as a left full back,winger or central
defender he is regarded as one of the best left full back under the age of 18 in the Netherlands
according to a report on Haaglandenvoetbal.nl.

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have been
very busy of late luring talented players with
Nigerian roots to switch allegiance to the Nigeria
national team and so far they are making efforts
to woo England youth internationals Chuba
Akpom and Moses Odubajo.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/09/12/nigeria-set-for-international-battle-with-holland-over-super-teen-nwankwo/
Let's go for this one,we've not really had a very good left back since Taye Taiwo was thrown into oblivion by the late stephen Keshi,his blessed memory. It just unfortunate none of our youth teams will be on parade 4 at least one and half year,and we can't cap him with SE.
All we can do is to open a line of contact with him assuring him of his future.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:21pm On Sep 13, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Guardiola promotes Adarabioyo to first team

[img]http://3.bp..com/-EomNYlk2dpM/V9duUoGdTTI/AAAAAAAABOI/rSTRDZJ1SZQXk66w8MOSiH_E51DTd6IwgCLcB/s400/Tosin-Adarabioyo.jpg[/img]

Tosin Adarabioyo has been promoted to City's first team

 The defender is one of the five
youngsters recently promoted by Guardiola.

Manchester City Coach Pep Guardiola is understood to have promoted Nigerian defender
Tosin Adarabioyo fully to his first team.

The 18 year-old impressed the City Manager during pre-season training and according to
Manchester Evening News, the central defender is among the five youngsters added to the first
team roster.

At the moment, Adarabioyo’s only competitive appearance in the new season was against
Steaua Bucharest in the Champions League playoffs, where he enjoyed 30 minutes of
action at the Etihad Stadium as he came in as a replacement for John Stones.

Source: http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2016/09/guardiola-promotes-adarabioyo-to-first.html?m=1

After they(English fa.) lost Iweobi to Nigeria I don't think they will be stupid enough to let Adarabioyo slip off,unless he chose Nigeria over England. So,lets just leave these English kids alone.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:22pm On Sep 13, 2016
Napoleon55:

Let's go for this one,we've not really had a very good left back since Taye Taiwo was thrown into oblivion by the late stephen Keshi,his blessed memory. It just unfortunate none of our youth teams will be on parade 4 at least one and half year,and we can't cap him with SE.

Taye Raiwo was performing below average. Leave Keshi out of this,my guy.

3 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by goldfish80(m): 7:54pm On Sep 13, 2016
terzurum5:

I have just done that.
Sorry for the late reply, I just got to a place with networt.
No worries bro. The work has already begun. I hope everything comes together in the end.
Gracias!

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by terzurum5(m): 9:00pm On Sep 13, 2016
Napoleon55:

Let's go for this one, we've not really had a very good left back since Taye Taiwo was thrown into oblivion by the late stephen Keshi,his blessed memory. It just unfortunate none of our youth teams will be on parade 4 at least one and half year,and we can't cap him with SE.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:01pm On Sep 13, 2016
LIVERPOOL TRIALIST NJOKU OUTSHINES
FELLOW NIGERIAN ANTHONY WITH HATTRICK
IN ISRAELI CUP GAME

Nigerian duo of Jacob Njoku and Anthony Lokosa
were both on the score sheet in an 8 goal thriller
cup game in Israel, which ended 5-3 in favour of
Hapoel Petah Tikva with Njoku scoring a hattrick
while Lokosa was among the goals for Beitar Tel
Aviv.

Njoku who had a two weeks trial at Liverpool in
the summer, won the man of the match award
for his overall display that he capped with three
goals while Lokosa picked up two assists and also
got on the score sheet once for the losing team.

The duo have all been experiencing good fortunes
in Israel this season, with Njoku particularly living
up to the tag that made FC Porto had him as a
trainee before his move to Al-Oruba of the UAE
after he failed to bag a professional deal with the
Portuguese giants.

Lokosa spotted by Israeli scout David Ouziel who
has been very active and effective in transferring
Nigerian teens abroad is also one of the top
peformers for his team this season, a season after
playing in the youth league.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/09/13/liverpool-trialist-njoku-outshines-fellow-nigerian-anthony-with-hattrick-in-israeli-cup-game/

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:06pm On Sep 13, 2016
Adarabioyo Allowed To Shine As Man City
Thrash Borussia Monchengladbach In UYL

Tosin Adarabioyo put up an impressive performance as Manchester City began their campaign in the UEFA Youth League with a
comprehensive 4-1 victory over Borussia Monchengladbach at the Academy Stadium on
Tuesday afternoon.

The central defender had not started a
competitive fixture at any level since the start of
this season before making City’s starting XI to
face the German opponents.

And the Nigerian teenager didn’t disappoint,
earning himself a lot of kudos for making Borussia Monchengladbach striker Alperen Sahin look ordinary, and was officially named Man of the Match for his efforts.

Goals from Lukas Nmecha (2), Jadon Sancho and Hanraths (OG) secured the win for the Citizens while Yosef Milo pulled a goal back for the visitors.

England U18 international Ashinme Kigbu (Another Nigerian-born) is eligible to feature in the UEFA Youth League for City but was not named in the squad by coach Simon Davies.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=20430

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Justiceotuya(m): 11:44pm On Sep 13, 2016
I dont understand the fixtures of European youth leagues. Later week when the first team of Manchester united played city, their respective youth teams played against themselves. Same situation when the first teams of Liverpool played Leicester, the youth teams also battled it out. Now today in the Champions League ManCity first team was supposed to play mochengladbach barring the match being postponed and their respective youth teams still clashed.

Is it that fixtures are fixed that way to reduce the expenses of clubs all this are all coincidence. Someone please educate me
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Icon4s(m): 9:04am On Sep 14, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

After they(English fa.) lost Iweobi to Nigeria I don't think they will be stupid enough to let Adarabioyo slip off,unless he chose Nigeria over England. So,lets just leave these English kids alone.

Nothing wrong in making the attempt. Lets try first and if it proves negative we move on.

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:00pm On Sep 14, 2016
Justiceotuya:
I dont understand the fixtures of European youth leagues. Later week when the first team of Manchester united played city, their respective youth teams played against themselves. Same situation when the first teams of Liverpool played Leicester, the youth teams also battled it out. Now today in the Champions League ManCity first team was supposed to play mochengladbach barring the match being postponed and their respective youth teams still clashed.

Is it that fixtures are fixed that way to reduce the expenses of clubs all this are all coincidence. Someone please educate me

I think the early stages of the UEFA Youth League is grouped similarly with the UEFA Champions League. Hence you get similar youth fixtures to the Champions League. So those are planned ad not coincidences.

The game between Manchester City U23 and Manchester United U23, was a league game and it seems there are also similar fixtures with those of the English Premier League.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:09am On Sep 17, 2016
Nigeria U20 Skipper Nwakali Makes
Professional Debut For MVV Wearing
Number Ten Jersey

Flying Eagles skipper Kelechi Nwakali made his
competitive debut for Dutch club MVV Maastricht in their 1-0 victory over Ajax Amsterdam II in the Eerste Divisie on Friday night.

The attacking midfielder started the game staged at the De Geusselt on the bench before his introduction by manager Ron Elsen in the second minute of stoppage time, replacing Thomas Verheijdt in the process.

Joeri Schroijen netted the game-winner for the
home team with five minutes remaining.

Premier League club Arsenal confirmed today via their official webpage that Nwakali will spend the remainder of the season on loan at MVV
Maastricht.

The 18-year-old has been handed the number ten jersey at MVV

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=20467

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:14am On Sep 17, 2016
FLASHBACK : Liverpool Midfielder Ejaria
Explains Why He Left Nigeria Camp In 2013

Liverpool wonderkid Ovie Ejaria has explained why he failed to make the Golden Eaglets squad
ahead of the 2013 Fifa Under 17 World Cup in
the United Arab Emirates.

The Londoner has fond memories of training
with the Nigeria U17s three years ago and enjoyed spending time with Kelechi Iheanacho (Manchester City) and Isaac Success (Watford).

“I could not continue training with the squad
because I had to return to England for school and the start of pre - season, ” Ovie Ejaria told
allnigeriasoccer.com.

Ejaria had wanted to train with the Flying Eagles the following year but later jettisoned the idea because of the physical demands of playing with boys stronger and bigger than him.

The central midfielder thought about returning to the Golden Eaglets class of 2015, then
abandoned the plan as he would have been
above the age limit during the competition in
Chile.

He was on the books of Arsenal for seven years
and had attracted interest from the likes of
Chelsea and Manchester United before he was
snapped up by Liverpool in 2014 following a
successful trial.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=20466

2 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:21am On Sep 17, 2016
Though I didn't and couldn't watch the game, but Ovie Ejaria was named in Liverpool's 18-man match day squad for their 2-1 away win at stamford bridge yesterday vs. Chelsea.

This is kinda a good sign.... Coz soon I expect Ejaria to make his EPL or FA Cup or League cup debuts (a competitive debut) for the Red merseysiders.

Ovie is a super midfield talent on the rise and alongside Kelechi Nwakali, Wilfred Ndidi, Chidiebere Nwakali, Azubuike Okechukwu, Alex Iwobi (can also play the 10 role magnificently) and others in the long run, I am certain The likes of Nacho and co up top won't have a problem of fantastic and constant free flowing ball supply from midfield.

Nigeria has a generation of star players for now and for the next era sef....

With an average Super Eagles squad of Age 23, The future is super long and super bright.

Watch out for the emergence of more of our top youngsters.

2 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:29am On Sep 17, 2016
LIVERPOOL MANAGER PRAISE NIGERIAN TEEN SENSATION EJARIA

Ovie Ejaria sat on the bench for Liverpool in their 2-1 win over Chelsea in the English Premeir
League.

We bring to you a story we did on the rising teen sensation Ovie Ejaria on the 9th of July 2016 after a pre season game against Tranmere Rovers…Read....

Nigeria U-17 trainee Ovie Ejiara has earned the
praise of Liverpool U-21s boss Michael Beale who
says he is not surprised by the teenager’s rapid
rise.

Ejiara made his first team bow for Liverpool
yesterday in a 1-0 pre season win over Tranmere
Rovers at Prenton Park and Manager Beale told
Skysports he is not surprised manager Jurgen
Kloop gave the 18 year old his debut.

“I’m very excited about Ovie Ejaria,” Liverpool
U21s boss Beale told Sky Sports. “I knew him
from my time in London. He went to West Ham
and ended up at Arsenal [where he was offered a scholarship to stay before joining us in 2014].

“He’s done very well with us and has trained in
and around the first team, but he’s managed to
settle well here in the North. He’s a little tall and
gangly and we’re still waiting for him to develop
more physically, but he is a lovely player and has fantastic technical ability.

“Nights like Tranmere and playing in front of a
local crowd alongside first-team players are great experiences for the young players to show that they’re progressing, but at the same time it’s also important they keep their feet on the floor.”

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/09/16/liverpool-manager-praise-nigerian-teen-sensation-ejaria/

2 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:34am On Sep 17, 2016
ARSENAL STOPPED LIVERPOOL EJARIA FROM
WINNING U-17 WYC WITH IHEANACHO IN

Head coach of the Nigeria U-17 team Manu Garba
says Liverpool teen sensation Ovie Ejiara could
have been a part of his title winning U-17 team of
2013 were it not for Arsenal who stopped the
teen.

Ejiara had taken Liverpool pre season games by
storm earning praises from those who have
watched him play and according to Manu Garba
he could easily have won the U-17 World Cup
with Nigeria in 2013 alongside the likes of Kelechi
Iheanacho,Isaac Success and Taiwo Awoniyi were
it not for his move from West Ham to Arsenal
back then.

The 18 year old was also on the shortlist of
players the coach was willing to call up for the
U-20 World cup but yet again his move from
Arsenal to Liverpool cost him a call up to the
team.

“He came to our camp back in 2013, He showed
flashes and we were impressed by what we saw in
him but he left the camp before the team took
shape to complete his move to Arsenal and we
moved on” Manu Garba told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” I would have called him up for the U-20s but
still again he just joined Liverpool and needed to
settle down but his quality and career rise has
never been in doubt”.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/09/16/arsenal-stopped-liverpool-ejaria-from-winning-u-17-wyc-with-iheanacho-in-2013/

2 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by enomakos(m): 12:14pm On Sep 17, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Nigeria U20 Skipper Nwakali Makes
Professional Debut For MVV Wearing
Number Ten Jersey

Flying Eagles skipper Kelechi Nwakali made his
competitive debut for Dutch club MVV Maastricht in their 1-0 victory over Ajax Amsterdam II in the Eerste Divisie on Friday night.

The attacking midfielder started the game staged at the De Geusselt on the bench before his introduction by manager Ron Elsen in the second minute of stoppage time, replacing Thomas Verheijdt in the process.

Joeri Schroijen netted the game-winner for the
home team with five minutes remaining.

Premier League club Arsenal confirmed today via their official webpage that Nwakali will spend the remainder of the season on loan at MVV
Maastricht.

The 18-year-old has been handed the number ten jersey at MVV

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=20467
good for him

3 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:04pm On Sep 19, 2016
City Defender Adarabioyo Stops Sunderland
Young Star Maja From Scoring

*Josh Maja

Manchester City defender Tosin Adarabioyo
stopped Joshua Maja from netting his third goal of the season when the Citizens U23 squad faced off against their Sunderland counterparts in the Premier League 2 on Sunday.

Heading into the fixture at the Stadium of Light, the young Nigerian forward had hit target twice in the league, both goals coming against
Southampton on August 28.

A brace each from Paolo Fernandes and Lukas
Nmecha secured a 4-2 win for Man City, while
Greenwood and Embleton were on target for the
Black Cats.

Maja subbed out in the 59th minute and
Adarabioyo put in a full shift in central defense.
Despite the loss, Sunderland are level on ten
points with City, who are only top of the table
because they have scored more goals.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=20491
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:17pm On Sep 19, 2016
EXCLUSIVE: TAOFIQ “NIGERIAN BENZEMA”
DEPARTS ABUJA FOR TRIALS WITH
PORTUGUESE SIDE SC BRAGA

Talented Nigeria teen forward Taofiq Jibril who has
been heavily compared to Real Madrid Star Karim
Benzema due to his playing style will undergo
trials with Portuguese side SC Braga.

He will leave Abuja on Monday night.
Owngoalnigeria.com correspondent sighted the
18 year old at the airport in the company of
Chuba Shedrack, a re- known football coach and
scout in Kaduna, who played for Plateau United in
the early 2000’s.

Taofiq, a Kaduna teen forward who trained with
the all conquering Nigeria Under-17 team of
2015, was spotted by scouts of the Portuguese
team during a scouting tournament in Kaduna.
Quick, strong, skillful and lethal in front of goal.
He will spend a month with SC Braga where he
will play friendly games for the B team while we
also gathered he will train with the main team
intermittently.

Already Braga has two Nigerians on their books
playing for their B team in Louis Ogana and
former junior international Chidi Osuchukwu, who
was promoted to the first team just before the
start of this season.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/09/19/exclusive-taofiq-nigerian-benzema-departs-abuja-for-trials-with-portuguese-side-sc-braga/
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:38pm On Sep 19, 2016
DELE ALAMPASU NOW FIRST CHOICE
GOALKEPPER AT PORTUGUESE SIDE

19 year old Nigerian goalkepper Dele Alampasu
has overtaken Bruno Pinto as the first choice
goalkepper of Portuguese side FC Cesarense.

Highly regarded as one of the finest upcoming
shot stoppers in Nigeria. The goalkeeper who was
voted the best goalkepper at the 2013 Under-17
World Youth Championship was sent out on a six
month loan by newly promoted side CD Feirense
to third division side Cesarense.

Alampasu has kept in the team’s last two games
in the league, where games against UD
Oliveirense and Coimbroes respectively. Both
games ended in a 1-1 draw.

Last season while at CD Feirense. He was heavily
praised for his performance in the two cup games
he was between the sticks for Feirense.
The
games against giants FC Porto which they won
2-0 and the tie against Famalicao where he kept
another clean sheet to help his team win 1-0.

Source: https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=3343363

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:45am On Sep 21, 2016
ARSENAL TEEN STAR NWAKALI DISPLAYS
DEAD BALL ABILITIES FOR LOAN SIDE IN CUP
GAME

Kelechi Nwakali was on the losing side as his loan side MVV Maastricht crashed out of the KNVB Beker losing 4-5 on penalties to FC Volendam, the Dutch version of what the English call FA Cup.

Maastricht threw away a two goal lead which saw the Cup tie extended into penalty kicks as both sides were tied at 3-3.

Volendam converted all of their spotkick where
Maastricht missed one of theirs. The game ended 4-5 with Nwakali slipping his spot kick into the net with style.

Nwakali is well known in Nigeria for his abilities
from set pieces. A trait he exhibited during the
last U-17 World Cup and even more recently with the U-20s, in a game against Burundi during their ill fated attempt to qualify for next year Africa Youth Championship.

The highly rated 18 year old is on a season long
loan from Arsenal, the team he officially joined
this summer. A year after winning the Most
Valuable Player (MVP) at the Under-17 World
Youth Championship.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/09/21/arsenal-teen-star-nwakali-displays-dead-ball-abilities-for-loan-side-in-cup-game-2/

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:54am On Sep 21, 2016
USA-Born Superkid Omidiji To Reconsider
International Future Over Racist Treatment
Of White Sister By Nigeria Coach

FC Dordrecht superkid Lateef Omidiji Jr is crushed and devastated, and will reconsider his decision to pledge his international future to Nigeria ahead of Netherlands and United
States after his white sister, Sophia, was
unceremoniously dropped by Nigeria U20 coach Peter Dedevbo ahead of the World Cup.

In truth, Dedevbo informed Sophia Omidiji before announcing his provisional roster that he is not planning to take her to the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup in Papua New Guinea, citing that she is not as big and strong as the black girls in the team.

But Sophia’s minders argued that she has more
technique and tactical awareness than the
domestic-based players, has a proven track
record of scoring goals, creating assists and
working hard on the pitch for the team.

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Lateef
Omidiji Jr is disgusted that his elder sister came to Nigeria for four months amidst fear of Boko Haram (there were two explosions) 30 minutes from her when she was in camp against advice from everyone, and lost her place with the United States youth team because she declared loyalty to her fatherland.

Omidiji Jr is scared that he might be humiliated
by the Nigerian coaches if he continues flirting
with the Nigeria setup .

To cut a long story short, Sophia has concluded
that she would have gotten better treatment
from Peter Dedevbo if she was dark skinned, big, Ibo and a Christian, but she is white, Yoruba and a proud Muslim.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=20516

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Trains Obiorah Obikwelu / Guardiola Was Seen Coaching Raheem Sterling After Man City Have Won The FA Cup / Branislav Ivanovic Dropped And Broke Trophy, The Russian Cup After Their Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.