Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,603 members, 7,827,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) (61868 Views)

Ogenyi Onazi To Donate Boots To Nigerian Talents On His Return Home / Top 10 U-23 Talents In The NPFL / American-born Nigerian Talents Featuring At The Rio 2016 Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:47pm On Oct 19, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

U don't put money over credibility. By selecting a cheater u open the door for more cheating. Let us work with the one's who passed, are they not golden enough for u?

What about the man power put Into traveling round the country to discover these talents.

The investment is too much to make nothing out of it. This is a welcomed development
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BlackAlbino6(m): 7:35pm On Oct 19, 2016
Amokachi Says Nigerians Pay NGN250,000 to Play for U-17
Written by Amos Joseph

Ex-international Daniel Amokachi has alleged that Nigerian youth are levied up to a tune of Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira (N250,000) to be selected to represent their fatherland Nigeria at U-17 National team cadre.

Speaking at an event with the coalition of Civil Society Organisations, CSOs, operating under the aegis of National Support Groups for Good Governance, NASUGG, protesting in support of war against corruption in Abuja, as reported by Vanguard, the Bull as he is nicknamed pinpointed that corruption has eaten deep into sports in the country.

“My name is Daniel Amokachi. I have said I will support the movement, because in my field which is sports, corruption is endemic.

“Corruption has invaded sports so deeply that even in FIFA headquarters in Zurich, we saw how the world stood up and said.

“Enough is enough!” We saw how the president, Sepp Blatter was not spared. He was removed from office because integrity matters when it comes to the constitution.

“President Buhari is one who doesn’t take nonsense when it comes to fighting corruption. I concur with everything he says.

“For instance, in Nigerian football today, the youths, when invited to the national team, a coach will ask them to bring N250,000 each to get into the U-17 team when he already has the talent. If a person has talent, he should be allowed to showcase what he has in the interest of the nation.

It could be recalled that PageOne.ng recently wrote an article themed ‘Continued Biased Refereeing will kill Nigeria Football League’buttressing how the football federation in conjunction with the Referee body must take seriously the issue of referee to help the game.

Amokachi further noted “A small team cannot win the Nigerian league because all the people in Nigerian football are corrupt. If a referee is bribed and a match is won here, the match cannot be won there.

“The judiciary is not above the law. Mr. President is on a good path’’, he said.

Amokachi was former assistant manager of the Nigeria national football team and currently the manager of Finnish 2nd division side JS Hercules. It remains to be seen what this allegation will generate into both from the coaches who have at one point in time handled the National team and the Nigerian Football Federation itself.

pageone.ng/2016/10/19/amokachi-says-nigerians-pay-n250000-play-u-17/
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Icon4s(m): 7:38pm On Oct 19, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

What about the man power put Into traveling round the country to discover these talents.

The investment is too much to make nothing out of it. This is a welcomed development

There are certain investments that u just count ur losses and move on. This is one of such.

So many of Amuneke's boys are still 17 & 18. U heard Chukwueze has been sent back to wait till he clocks 18. We need to keep those guys busy. And give them another opportunity to Right tbeir wrongs and also market themselves for the better of Nigerian football.

Forget those Manu U16 boys from this tourney. An U17 tourney can be organised for them.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:25pm On Oct 19, 2016
Icon4s:

There are certain investments that u just count ur losses and move on. This is one of such.

So many of Amuneke's boys are still 17 & 18. U heard Chukwueze has been sent back to wait till he clocks 18. We need to keep those guys busy. And give them another opportunity to Right tbeir wrongs and also market themselves for the better of Nigerian football.

Forget those Manu U16 boys from this tourney. An U17 tourney can be organised for them.

Amunike's boys have a bit of exposure. Is it Osimhen, Orji or Chukwueze we want to expose? This other ones have no exposure at all. It is good to give them a little bit of exposure. That is what this tournament will do for Manu Garba's boys.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:34pm On Oct 19, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Amunike's boys have a bit of exposure. Is it Osimhen, Orji or Chukwueze we want to expose? This other ones have no exposure at all. It is good to give them a little bit of exposure. That is what this tournament will do for Manu Garba's boys.
No one is against Manu's boys, just don't bring the age cheats. I don't see how that is so hard to get. I say we use the rest of Amunike's boys like Lazarus and the best of Manu's boys who passed the MRI. We cannot reward people who tried to cheat the system.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by Icon4s(m): 10:35pm On Oct 19, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

We are trying to progress the Amuneke boys gradually into the senior team. There is no AYC and WYC for them next year.This is a very good developmental opportunity. The U19 is where the development starts. We need to develop the Amuneke boys.Osimhen, Nwakali and Okonkwo can b excluded as they are currently in Europe. But what abt their other squad members? They really need this exposure and development.

As I said before an U17 tourney can be organised for those U16 boys. I call them U16 bc for them to qualify to play U17 next year it means they must be 15-16 and even 14 this year. How can we present 14-16 years old for an U19 tourney for God's sakes.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:39pm On Oct 19, 2016
If Manu had the same amount of time with real u17 players I am sure we would have qualified instead right before our match he finds out half his team is overaged. We need to have a firm fist on this matter, we have to react strongly and make people know that this kind of behavior is unacceptable. Even if it's by 1 month the rules are the rules and we can't allow greed to spoil our football. I say when a player fails his only option should be to wait 4 the super eagles. This will make people know we are serious about this matter.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:45pm On Oct 19, 2016
Icon4s:

We are trying to progress the Amuneke boys gradually into the senior team. There is no AYC and WYC for them next year.This is a very good developmental opportunity. The U19 is where the development starts. We need to develop the Amuneke boys.Osimhen, Nwakali and Okonkwo can b excluded as they are currently in Europe. But what abt their other squad members? They really need this exposure and development.

As I said before an U17 tourney can be organised for those U16 boys. I call them U16 bc for them to qualify to play U17 next year it means they must be 15-16 and even 14 this year. How can we present 14-16 years old for an U19 tourney for God's sakes.

We scan the country and find the possible best young talents that can become part of the Super Eagles. We expose them at a high stage.

Amunike's boys have this. Some foreign clubs picked some of their best talents and their main development come from these clubs.

Manu Garba's boys have zero exposure. This is an opportunity to give them some exposure.

Manu Garba has some special boys in that group. Their Nwakali and Osimhen that no one knows about.

This is an opportunity to expose them.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:48pm On Oct 19, 2016
BascoVanVeli:
If Manu had the same amount of time with real u17 players I am sure we would have qualified instead right before our match he finds out half his team is overaged. We need to have a firm fist on this matter, we have to react strongly and make people know that this kind of behavior is unacceptable. Even if it's by 1 month the rules are the rules and we can't allow greed to spoil our football. I say when a player fails his only option should be to wait 4 the super eagles. This will make people know we are serious about this matter.

He should wait in his house and become a Pro footballer abi. Or starts the rigorous task of fighting an almost impossible task in the NPFL.

This is a chance to expose some special talents. Finish.

What hand can feel harder than losing a place in the National U17 team due to the MRI?

This is a chance to expose some special players. You do not know who among them will draw the eyes of an agent or who will become a top player in a top club.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:51pm On Oct 19, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

No one is against Manu's boys, just don't bring the age cheats. I don't see how that is so hard to get. I say we use the rest of Amunike's boys like Lazarus and the best of Manu's boys who passed the MRI. We cannot reward people who tried to cheat the system.

This tournament will expose special talents. It is an Under 19 tournament. We spent months finding this talents and we want to salvage something from it.

We might not just salvage something. We might discover Super stars.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:15pm On Oct 19, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

He should wait in his house and become a Pro footballer abi. Or starts the rigorous task of fighting an almost impossible task in the NPFL.

This is a chance to expose some special talents. Finish.

What hand can feel harder than losing a place in the National U17 team due to the MRI?

This is a chance to expose some special players. You do not know who among them will draw the eyes of an agent or who will become a top player in a top club.

What about the boys who are waiting at their houses becos the overaged players took their spots? It is unfair to the players who didn't cheat, this sends the worst message.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:17pm On Oct 19, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

What about the boys who are waiting at their houses becos the overaged players took their spots? It is unfair to the players who didn't cheat, this sends the worst message.

Hence we can not find those ones, we should not waste the hard work put in finding these ones. This is a chance to give them exposure.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:17pm On Oct 19, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

This tournament will expose special talents. It is an Under 19 tournament. We spent months finding this talents and we want to salvage something from it.

We might not just salvage something. We might discover Super stars.

Bros stop it, we held open tryouts in like 4 states and the nff might not have even paid for anything. Don't make it as if it would be Billions down the drain.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:23pm On Oct 19, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Bros stop it, we held open tryouts in like 4 states and the nff might not have even paid for anything. Don't make it as if it would be Billions down the drain.

And camping over 60 boys for months was free of charge. What about the transportation and the accommodation of the coaches?

What of feeding?

What about the hours the coaches spent under the sun screening these players? After the selection of over sixty players, these coaches trained these boys everyday.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:23am On Oct 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

And camping over 60 boys for months was free of charge. What about the transportation and the accommodation of the coaches?

What of feeding?

What about the hours the coaches spent under the sun screening these players? After the selection of over sixty players, these coaches trained these boys everyday.

U are making up numbers, we all know the NFF has not paid anyone. Really u are sounding like someone who will take a bribe, it is so easy for u to sweep morality under the rug.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:54am On Oct 20, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

U are making up numbers, we all know the NFF has not paid anyone. Really u are sounding like someone who will take a bribe, it is so easy for u to sweep morality under the rug.

I have not taken bribe and will not support it. I know what they did is wrong. I believe we can correct them without wasting the talents. It hurt that these guys did not screen with Amunike's U17 or U20 camps. However, we can not throw them away. The loss is huge.

The player fed everyday. The coaches travelled. Things like water, training kits etc was spent. This is about salvaging the situation. The coaches are like dad's the these lads and have a role in correcting them.

This tournament is to give exposure to those talents. It is a U19 tourney so the age cheating is reduced.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by forgiveness: 12:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
BlackAlbino6:
Amokachi Says Nigerians Pay NGN250,000 to Play for U-17
Written by Amos Joseph

Ex-international Daniel Amokachi has alleged that Nigerian youth are levied up to a tune of Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira (N250,000) to be selected to represent their fatherland Nigeria at U-17 National team cadre.

Speaking at an event with the coalition of Civil Society Organisations, CSOs, operating under the aegis of National Support Groups for Good Governance, NASUGG, protesting in support of war against corruption in Abuja, as reported by Vanguard, the Bull as he is nicknamed pinpointed that corruption has eaten deep into sports in the country.

“My name is Daniel Amokachi. I have said I will support the movement, because in my field which is sports, corruption is endemic.

“Corruption has invaded sports so deeply that even in FIFA headquarters in Zurich, we saw how the world stood up and said.

“Enough is enough!” We saw how the president, Sepp Blatter was not spared. He was removed from office because integrity matters when it comes to the constitution.

“President Buhari is one who doesn’t take nonsense when it comes to fighting corruption. I concur with everything he says.

“For instance, in Nigerian football today, the youths, when invited to the national team, a coach will ask them to bring N250,000 each to get into the U-17 team when he already has the talent. If a person has talent, he should be allowed to showcase what he has in the interest of the nation.

It could be recalled that PageOne.ng recently wrote an article themed ‘Continued Biased Refereeing will kill Nigeria Football League’buttressing how the football federation in conjunction with the Referee body must take seriously the issue of referee to help the game.

Amokachi further noted “A small team cannot win the Nigerian league because all the people in Nigerian football are corrupt. If a referee is bribed and a match is won here, the match cannot be won there.

“The judiciary is not above the law. Mr. President is on a good path’’, he said.

Amokachi was former assistant manager of the Nigeria national football team and currently the manager of Finnish 2nd division side JS Hercules. It remains to be seen what this allegation will generate into both from the coaches who have at one point in time handled the National team and the Nigerian Football Federation itself.

pageone.ng/2016/10/19/amokachi-says-nigerians-pay-n250000-play-u-17/

I don say na wetin the last under 17 coaches do be that hence the numbers of average players in there teams.

Dem don one of our in laws like that.

Nigerian coaches.

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:15pm On Oct 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I have not taken bribe and will not support it. I know what they did is wrong. I believe we can correct them without wasting the talents. It hurt that these guys did not screen with Amunike's U17 or U20 camps. However, we can not throw them away. The loss is huge.

The player fed everyday. The coaches travelled. Things like water, training kits etc was spent. This is about salvaging the situation. The coaches are like dad's the these lads and have a role in correcting them.

This tournament is to give exposure to those talents. It is a U19 tourney so the age cheating is reduced.

Wat u are saying is the same as taking a bribe or looking the other way when someone takes one. So becos we wasted money on illegal player u want us to look the other way, for what? Did someone tell u we are lacking young players? This can be the best lesson for those who decided to cheat. Honestly i don't in the least feel bad for them, they messed with my country and our rich tradition of having the best u17 teams. I am not saying we lock them up or stop them from going to school, i simply don't want them around our youth system. Once they fail an MRI exam their age should be set for them at 24. I play football everyday and i am still in shape, now imagine me shaving my face and stealing a little boy's spot in the name of exposing myself. This is the very reason why we need year round sports in school.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BlackAlbino6(m): 1:21pm On Oct 20, 2016
forgiveness:

I don say na wetin the last under 17 coaches do be that hence the numbers of average players in there teams.

Dem don one of our in laws like that.

Nigerian coaches.
My brother that is it ooooo.

I sense that from most of your arguments. I knew you must have experienced such. That could be one of the reasons why several promising Nigerian talents are ignored just for the local talents who are desperate to pay.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:36pm On Oct 20, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Wat u are saying is the same as taking a bribe or looking the other way when someone takes one. So becos we wasted money on illegal player u want us to look the other way, for what? Did someone tell u we are lacking young players? This can be the best lesson for those who decided to cheat. Honestly i don't in the least feel bad for them, they messed with my country and our rich tradition of having the best u17 teams. I am not saying we lock them up or stop them from going to school, i simply don't want them around our youth system. Once they fail an MRI exam their age should be set for them at 24. I play football everyday and i am still in shape, now imagine me shaving my face and stealing a little boy's spot in the name of exposing myself. This is the very reason why we need year round sports in school.

24 is too harsh. Consider that Manu Garba was strict on players looking young. I remember the statement of he sending away many with young faces.

I agree with them not taking part in a U17 competition. But, U19, that is acceptable and okay. Most to all 19 year olds will fail the MRI.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:57pm On Oct 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

24 is too harsh. Consider that Manu Garba was strict on players looking young. I remember the statement of he sending away many with young faces.

I agree with them not taking part in a U17 competition. But, U19, that is acceptable and okay. Most to all 19 year olds will fail the MRI.

It is not too harsh, missing u17 becos some people decided to put themselves above our nation is too harsh. So is it my fault they decided to cheat? Nigeria is bigger than anybody. They can play for any of the clubs and academies we have but when it comes to our national system no. Abuja FC is even a faster way of getting to Europe than u17.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:11pm On Oct 20, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

It is not too harsh, missing u17 becos some people decided to put themselves above our nation is too harsh. So is it my fault they decided to cheat? Nigeria is bigger than anybody. They can play for any of the clubs and academies we have but when it comes to our national system no. Abuja FC is even a faster way of getting to Europe than u17.

As I said before. That is past. This is an U19 tournament. We have some special talents in that team. Talents found from the hardwork put into the team. Talents from the funds invested.

This is a good move to prevent wasting the time, funds, energy, effort put into discovering those talents. This will also prevent us from wasting those talents.

Punishing the boys equals wasting the talents and investment.

That is why two wrongs do not make a right. An eye for an eye blinds everyone.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:35pm On Oct 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

As I said before. That is past. This is an U19 tournament. We have some special talents in that team. Talents found from the hardwork put into the team. Talents from the funds invested.

This is a good move to prevent wasting the time, funds, energy, effort put into discovering those talents. This will also prevent us from wasting those talents.

Punishing the boys equals wasting the talents and investment.

That is why two wrongs do not make a right. An eye for an eye blinds everyone.

It is not an eye for an eye it is the right thing. We had players fail in the last set but we still found some good boys it just so happened that we did not have enough time this time around. These people cost us a trip to the u17 world cup and u are saying we send them on an all expense paid trip to Asia, where is the justice in that. U also should know that football is not the only way to make a future, maybe now they should focus on their books or like I said before find a club like Abuja fc who go to Europe every year.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:42pm On Oct 20, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

It is not an eye for an eye it is the right thing. We had players fail in the last set but we still found some good boys it just so happened that we did not have enough time this time around. These people cost us a trip to the u17 world cup and u are saying we send them on an all expense paid trip to Asia, where is the justice in that. U also should know that football is not the only way to make a future, maybe now they should focus on their books or like I said before find a club like Abuja fc who go to Europe every year.

They should focus on their books when they have talents to become some of the top players in the World.

We discovered some fine talents. The is our chance to expose them. They made mistakes in the past.

It is the past. Now we have a chance to make something out of the talents we found. Simple.
Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:46am On Oct 22, 2016
Nwakali Set To Hold Contract Talks With
Manchester City Amid Interest From
Rosenborg

Chidiebere Nwakali and his intermediary are set to hold showdown talks with Manchester City in the coming weeks over the future of the central
midfielder amid interest from Rosenborg.

Reports in the local media had claimed that the
Citizens are set to offer him a contract extension
following a string of imperious displays for
Norwegian club IK Start, but they beat the gun
because no contact has been made with the
player or his reps.

“We are having a meeting with Man City, after
meeting with City we will know the plans they
have for him, whether they are extending his
contract , he will go on loan again or he will be
sold outright, ” Allwell Nwakali, who is Chidi’s rep, told allnigeriasoccer.com.

“Manchester City earlier informed us that that
they don’t want to sell him, that he is in their
plans but their hands are tied because of this
work permit problem.”

With IK Start set to lose their Tippeligaen status
at the end of the 2016 season, Chidiebere
Nwakali has no plans whatsoever to extend his
stay in Kristiansand.

Allwell Nwakali added : “The league champions in Norway (Rosenborg) want him and clubs in
France and Holland. He won’t remain with IK
Start at the end of his loan deal.

“He doesn’t want to remain in Norway, he wants to play in a league where his performance can easily be tracked by everybody.”

The 19-year-old Nwakali has appeared 22 times in the Norwegian top-flight with three goals to his name.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=20816

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:44pm On Oct 22, 2016
Inter Milan Director Praises Nigerian Super
Teen Awua, Reveals Cost Of Permanent
Transfer Fee

Theophilus Awua (centre)

The fine form of former Football Academy Abuja
midfield maestro Theophilus Awua for the
Primavera side of Inter Milan, hasn’t gone
unnoticed by the upper ends at the Milan based
side.

Awua arrived Inter from Serie B side Spezia this
summer, where he had pre season training with
the main team but Peter Fusco, director at Inter
confirmed they have been monitoring him since
he played against their youth team at the
Viareggio Youth Tournament.

” Awua has been with us for a short time, but we know him right from when he played against us at the Viareggio, so at the end of the season, we asked Spezia for him” He told Mondoprimavera.

” He is a midfielder with a great amount of
quality, a destroyer in the making and there is
still room for him to grow further in the game. He reminds me of Danielle De Rossi but he is less
physical but very athletic”.

Fusco also confirmed reports that the 18 year old cost Inter-Milan €200,000 in loan fee, with a fee of £2m agreed as permanent transfer in the
summer, if he progresses as expected.

” Yes, the figure of his loan and transfer fee are
correct as speculated. For now he could have
some difficulty playing in the first team, so the
Primavera is the right place for him to grow and
improve his game.

“It’s premature to speak on if he will be signed
permanently in the summer. The season has just
began and it’s right we allow the player progress with his game before speaking about the chances of him signing a permanent deal in June”.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/10/22/inter-milan-director-praises-nigerian-super-teen-awua-reveals-cost-of-permanent-transfer-fee/

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:02pm On Oct 22, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Inter Milan Director Praises Nigerian Super
Teen Awua, Reveals Cost Of Permanent
Transfer Fee

The fine form of former Football Academy Abuja
midfield maestro Theophilus Awua for the
Primavera side of Inter Milan, hasn’t gone
unnoticed by the upper ends at the Milan based
side.

Awua arrived Inter from Serie B side Spezia this
summer, where he had pre season training with
the main team but Peter Fusco, director at Inter
confirmed they have been monitoring him since
he played against their youth team at the
Viareggio Youth Tournament.

” Awua has been with us for a short time, but we know him right from when he played against us at the Viareggio, so at the end of the season, we asked Spezia for him” He told Mondoprimavera.

” He is a midfielder with a great amount of
quality, a destroyer in the making and there is
still room for him to grow further in the game. He reminds me of Danielle De Rossi but he is less
physical but very athletic”.

Fusco also confirmed reports that the 18 year old cost Inter-Milan €200,000 in loan fee, with a fee of £2m agreed as permanent transfer in the
summer, if he progresses as expected.

” Yes, the figure of his loan and transfer fee are
correct as speculated. For now he could have
some difficulty playing in the first team, so the
Primavera is the right place for him to grow and
improve his game.

“It’s premature to speak on if he will be signed
permanently in the summer. The season has just
began and it’s right we allow the player progress with his game before speaking about the chances of him signing a permanent deal in June”.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/10/22/inter-milan-director-praises-nigerian-super-teen-awua-reveals-cost-of-permanent-transfer-fee/

Honestly this is the best academy in Africa, it's like they send a player to Europe every month.

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:25pm On Oct 22, 2016
I may just have to agree with you smiley

I mean... You just might be correct.... Almost every time na "football academy Abuja" as regards sending young talents to Europe..... They've produced Sadiq Umar, Kingsley Michael, Okonkwo Orji, Nura Abdullahi, etc... And now Awua.

The frequency at which they churn out top talents and have them picked up by european clubs is just blistering.

BascoVanVeli:

Honestly this is the best academy in Africa, it's like they send a player to Europe every month.

2 Likes

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:47pm On Oct 22, 2016
Nigerian Teen Wonder Folorunsho Michael
On Target For Lazio In Win Over Brescia

Highly rated 18 year old Nigerian midfielder
Folorunsho Michael was among the goal scorers
as Lazio Primavera side beat their Brescia
counterparts 3-0.

Heavily tipped to make his debut this season for
the first team of Lazio, he rounded up victory for
the Primavera side with a headed goal in the 63rd minute, to hand his side their third straight away win.

The Nigerian is now a main stay of the Primvera
side following his progression from the U-17 this
summer, thanks to his fine performances last
season.

So far he has played in all of their games this
season, making nine appearances in total, with
six coming in the Primavera league and the
remaining in the Coppa Primavera.

He has added goals to his game as well, despite
playing from a deep midfield role in some games, he presently has two goals following his recent strike against Brescia.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/10/22/nigerian-teen-wonder-folorunsho-michael-on-target-for-lazio-in-win-over-brescia/

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:51pm On Oct 22, 2016
Flying Eagles Ace Orji Okonkwo Scores
Again For Bologna In Six Goal Thriller
Against Atalanta

Nigerian forward Orji Okonkwo posted another
man of the match performance as Bologna beat
hard fighting Atalanta 4-2 in a heavily entertaining Primavera game.

He got off the mark with a brace in his first game for the team two weeks ago, and his latest strike which came in the 42nd minute helped his team level scores before winning the tie 4-2.

Okonkwo joined Bologna in the summer, in a
transfer first reported by Owngoalnigeria.com,
turning down the chance to join Serie B side
Spezia,where he spent six month before heading to the U-17 World Cup with Nigeria last year.

He was among the few shining lights in Nigeria
U-20 failed attempt to qualify for next year Africa Youth Championship, scoring in the ill-fated 2-3 loss which ended their chances of qualifying.

Already he is rated as one of the best upcoming
players in Nigeria, a tag he has lived up to since
joining Bologna, where he could make his debut
for the first team, if he sustains or improve on
his fine performances for the Primavera.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/10/22/8455/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:55pm On Oct 22, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Flying Eagles Ace Orji Okonkwo Scores
Again For Bologna In Six Goal Thriller
Against Atalanta

Nigerian forward Orji Okonkwo posted another
man of the match performance as Bologna beat
hard fighting Atalanta 4-2 in a heavily entertaining Primavera game.

He got off the mark with a brace in his first game for the team two weeks ago, and his latest strike which came in the 42nd minute helped his team level scores before winning the tie 4-2.

Okonkwo joined Bologna in the summer, in a
transfer first reported by Owngoalnigeria.com,
turning down the chance to join Serie B side
Spezia,where he spent six month before heading to the U-17 World Cup with Nigeria last year.

He was among the few shining lights in Nigeria
U-20 failed attempt to qualify for next year Africa Youth Championship, scoring in the ill-fated 2-3 loss which ended their chances of qualifying.

Already he is rated as one of the best upcoming
players in Nigeria, a tag he has lived up to since
joining Bologna, where he could make his debut
for the first team, if he sustains or improve on
his fine performances for the Primavera.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/10/22/8455/

It is beyond coincidence. This boy is a good player. Wish Orji Okonkwo the best.

1 Like

Re: THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:56pm On Oct 22, 2016
Promising Nigerian Midfielder Uwakwe
Shines In Derby Between Chelsea and
Tottenham

Promising Nigerian midfielder Tariq Uwakwe started and completed ninety minutes as Chelsea played out a 1-1 draw with Tottenham Hotspur in the Under 18 Premier League on
Saturday afternoon.

The visitors took the lead at Hotspur Way Training Centre (London) in the 26th minute
courtesy of Marc Guehi, who headed home after a corner kick taken by Uwakwe.

But Chelsea were pegged back by Tottenham
Hotspur’s Shashoua three minutes later and the
scoreboard remained unchanged until the end of the game.

England youth international of Nigerian descent
Keanan Bennetts recorded his seventh appearance of the season versus Chelsea.

Uwakwe, 16, has registered his name on the
scorecard twice in seven matches for the Blues in the UPL.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=20827

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Ronaldo Takes Selfie With Fan Who Stormed The Pitch During Juventus Game / Photo Of Isreal And Anthony Joshua Raising The Nigerian Flag / How Fans Welcomed Ronaldo To China During His CR7 Tour (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.