Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,058 members, 7,838,690 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

EFCC Recovers N46b From Oil Marketers-the Nation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Recovers N46b From Oil Marketers-the Nation (9448 Views)

Oil Marketers ‘Plot’ Kachikwu's Removal / EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) / EFCC Recovers 17 Vehicles From Abdullahi Dikko, Ex-Comptroller Of Customs (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Recovers N46b From Oil Marketers-the Nation by lurther: 8:04am On Sep 12, 2016
****so you believe all this nonsense they are using to distract us

As old as you are and as intelligent I thought you were....so this people can be giving u new of recovered billions everyday from may29 2015 till may29 2019 and you will foolishly believe them.

Tell them to go to work and stop ditracting Nigerians.
Ishilove:

My dear I'm not laughing. There is so much corruption in this country that I'm beginning to suspect it will never stop, even on to our children's 3rd generation. It's like a stubborn ancestral curse
Re: EFCC Recovers N46b From Oil Marketers-the Nation by stylishp(m): 8:14am On Sep 12, 2016
[quote author=HungerBAD post=49283052]Oil marketers have refunded N46 billion in a probe of massive fraud in the sector, The Nation has learnt.

It is all part of the ongoing probe of the rot in the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, an Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) source said yesterday.

The marketers, who are not named because “the investigation is yet to be concluded”, lifted products without paying a dime to the defunct Petroleum Products and Marketing Company (PPMC), a subsidiary of the NNPC now known as the National Petroleum Marketing Company(NPMC).

The anti-graft agency busted the fraud after going through the company’s records.

A top source in EFCC, who spoke in confidence with our correspondent, claimed that some of the marketers conspired with some staff of PPMC and NNPC to perpetrate the fraud.

The source said: “When we conducted our investigation, we discovered that the affected marketers sourced products from NNPC through PPMC without paying for them.

“In some instances, these marketers got two or three supplies and paid for one. Through connivance, they cooked the books.

“We discovered that products worth about N100billion were lifted and unpaid for by marketers leading to the invitation and interaction with some of them.

“So far, we have been able to recover N46billion out of the N100billion which the nation had purportedly lost.”

The source expressed concern that the some forces within and outside NNPC and PPMC behind the syndicate almost frustrated the EFCC team probing the “fraud”.

“The cartel wielded enormous influence in the sector and it almost frustrated the investigation and the recovery. As a matter of fact, some forces in NNPC and PPMC did not want us to go this far.

In spite of the liberalisation of the process of obtaining foreign exchange, most marketers still rely on the NNPC for their supplies.

Our correspondent’s was unsuccessful in getting the response of the Managing Director of NPMC( former PPMC), Mr. Farouk Ahmed, to the recovery made by EFCC.

Apart from calls, a text message was sent to Ahmed.

He did not acknowledge the calls and the text message.

The EFCC in April quizzed a former Managing Director of PPMC over some transactions and alleged purchase of houses valued at N1.3 billion off Amazon in Maitama, Asokoro and Wuse districts in Abuja.

The petitioners alleged that the ex-MD acquired the houses in less than six months in office.

An ex-Officio member of the Kaduna chapter of the Independent Petroleum Marketers Association (IPMAN), Bako Abdullahi Yelwa, had in February alleged that a cabal had been at work in PPMC.

He said: ”PPMC members of staff are frustrating Independent Marketers. Why will they ask for a percentage of our profit before giving us allocation? And when we refuse, they frustrate the process of getting our allocation. They only give product allocation to marketers that have given them a share of their profit upfront.

“For example, an Independent marketer gets an average of two allocations of Petrol (PMS) monthly and the profit from each truck is 80 thousand Naira. How can 160 thousand naira pay all my staff, service and maintain the stations and still keep me in business?”

http://thenationonlineng.net/efcc-recovers-n46b-oil-marketers/[/quote yet no positive impact on the economy. There's money but no innovative ideas.. N ego wunt let them call a few of their opponents/opposition to tutor them on nation building
Re: EFCC Recovers N46b From Oil Marketers-the Nation by DabuIIIT: 8:16am On Sep 12, 2016
GMBuhari:
Good news

How will that improve our petrol and economy?
it will o,doghari is working,we must encourage him.....or are the scales dropping of ur ais now?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Recovers N46b From Oil Marketers-the Nation by Yomboy4ever(m): 8:17am On Sep 12, 2016
okosodo:
Tinubu with lies. You can only get these kind of propaganda on tvc and the nation and no where else

Dem say people don chop your destinies you sit for corner dey shout lies and propaganda like a tout. If say dem give you out of d stolen money he for no pain person. but supporting and trying to die for illegality is absurd.
Barka de Salah...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Recovers N46b From Oil Marketers-the Nation by amagunnerfan: 8:17am On Sep 12, 2016
a2personal2013:
Here they go again . We are tied of these stories joor. Tomorrow they will insist we are broke.

If we calculate all money recovered by the EFCC on paper since the inception of this administration, I am pretty sure we will get a figure close to the National budget.

Election is far gone. Please leave propaganda for 2019. Get busy because things are getting worse and your ineptitude may soon consume this priceless democracy.
You will know why the monies reclaimed can't be spent YET when you decide to do away with bigotry. This has been explained many times - monies collected from crime proceeds can't be expended until the court cases are over. THEY ARE EXHIBITS in court. What's so hard to understand?
Re: EFCC Recovers N46b From Oil Marketers-the Nation by harlee(m): 8:18am On Sep 12, 2016
Only God knows where all the recovered funds go 2
Re: EFCC Recovers N46b From Oil Marketers-the Nation by Yomboy4ever(m): 8:20am On Sep 12, 2016
May thunder fire all d looters of our wealth, with dem supporters and those wailing for them...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Recovers N46b From Oil Marketers-the Nation by 989900: 8:21am On Sep 12, 2016
The EFCC in April quizzed a former Managing Director of PPMC over some transactions and alleged purchase of houses valued at N1.3 billion off Amazon in Maitama, Asokoro and Wuse districts in Abuja.

The petitioners alleged that the ex-MD acquired the houses in less than six months in office.

shocked shocked
Re: EFCC Recovers N46b From Oil Marketers-the Nation by 989900: 8:22am On Sep 12, 2016
lurther:
[s]****so you believe all this nonsense they are using to distract us

As old as you are and as intelligent I thought you were....so this people can be giving u new of recovered billions everyday from may29 2015 till may29 2019 and you will foolishly believe them.

Tell them to go to work and stop ditracting Nigerians.[/s]
Re: EFCC Recovers N46b From Oil Marketers-the Nation by ugojenn(f): 8:24am On Sep 12, 2016
Na so so recovery,una dey recover,,,money w no dey see,,,foolish set of people
Re: EFCC Recovers N46b From Oil Marketers-the Nation by Yomboy4ever(m): 8:26am On Sep 12, 2016
rozayx5:
where is the money

all these recovery stories but they tell you that they are going to borrow from china undecided

Why asking for the money? Cos I am sure if they show you the money you go still talk say na fake money.
Re: EFCC Recovers N46b From Oil Marketers-the Nation by signz: 8:27am On Sep 12, 2016
I stopped reading when I saw that the story came from an unnamed SOURCE.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Recovers N46b From Oil Marketers-the Nation by okosodo: 8:28am On Sep 12, 2016
Yomboy4ever:

Dem say people don chop your destinies you sit for corner dey shout lies and propaganda like a tout. If say dem give you out of d stolen money he for no pain person. but supporting and trying to die for illegality is absurd.
Barka de Salah...
Who be this one? Your gods buhari and the hausa people ar the one currently eating your destinies and that of your children if you dont know. Ozuo
Re: EFCC Recovers N46b From Oil Marketers-the Nation by Jaidosky: 8:30am On Sep 12, 2016
Dont worry, i am coming for all of you looters

Re: EFCC Recovers N46b From Oil Marketers-the Nation by Arise001: 8:34am On Sep 12, 2016
stevesheddy:
Where is the money? Non-sense!
I think they are saving it all up for the next campaign.
Re: EFCC Recovers N46b From Oil Marketers-the Nation by PRAISELOVE(m): 8:34am On Sep 12, 2016
Thank God for the achievement, but so much as been recovered and yet we are still in this state. My question is, What next?

What will be done with the recovered sum??
What do the people of Nigeria stand to gain when such money is been recovered?
Truth is, if all the money that has been recovered thus far has been well chanelled, and used in reducing the poverty rate in Nigeria, such news has this would have always been a thing to smile at....

God help us....
Re: EFCC Recovers N46b From Oil Marketers-the Nation by Tiegarr: 8:37am On Sep 12, 2016
donbenedict:
lol corruption has been roaming the face of the earth since creation. Even the tax collector in d bible was corrupt. So it's not like it just came new in Nigeria and dat it will disappear. Infact just as every new day comes, d same way corruption will grow everyday into smth more complex Dan it was yesterday. One cannot fight wake up in the morning and say he/she wants to fight corruption. It's laughable to me. No nation can come out and say, it boasts of a no-corruption government/society. Right from America to antartica, the atmosphere breeds corruption. Ceteris paribus.

Nobody can fight corruption if he/she doesn't make use of the theory (Remove the log from your eye first, before trying to remove the log from another person's eye)

It's as simple as that!

If buhari wants to fight corruption, he should probe himself, if Lai mohamed wants to fight corruption, he should probe himself, if osinbajo wants to fight corruption, he should probe himself, if the EFCC wants to fight corruption, the EFCC should be Independent. If INEC wants to fight corruption, the INEC should probe themselves.

Coming out to say I am holy, and therefore rest of the masses are corrupt is nonsensical. There should be an action.

Buhari Is only wasting his time as long as I am concerned, unless he starts with himself, strips himself of basic allowances, do extraordinary actions to make Osinbajo believe that yes, My superior is really serious in this corruption thing, den Osinbajo will follow suit, den Saraki will follow suit, just like that the chain of corruption will loose until the least of men.

As someone just said,the Thunder that will fire that your mouth has table of contents...
Re: EFCC Recovers N46b From Oil Marketers-the Nation by OAUTemitayo: 8:42am On Sep 12, 2016
Ishilove:

My dear I'm not laughing. There is so much corruption in this country that I'm beginning to suspect it will never stop, even on to our children's 3rd generation. It's like a stubborn ancestral curse
The worst part is they have planted loopholes in the constitution that makes it very hard to prosecute them. I pity PMB after I interacted with a law lecturer in OAU who spelt out some nitty gritty details of the constitution that makes a very rich and well connected person difficult to prosecute.
He said the only way is to change the laws now that we have a willing President in the fight against corruption, then he faced me and ask one question, who will change the law?
I answered the legislators of course, he bursted into a deep laughter.
Re: EFCC Recovers N46b From Oil Marketers-the Nation by donbenedict(m): 8:50am On Sep 12, 2016
Tiegarr:
As someone just said,the Thunder that will fire that your mouth has table of contents...
just look at ur stupidity
Re: EFCC Recovers N46b From Oil Marketers-the Nation by ehissi(m): 8:52am On Sep 12, 2016
PassingShot:
[s][/s]
Wailing is absolutely allowed and your fundamental human right. However, it must be done with common sense else you constitute yourself into a public nuisance.

It is clear to all and sundry that you are most likely a hailing hailer (and not a wailing wailer) but the man has a point.

Rotimi Amaechi (I don't know who sent him message) while delivering a keynote speech at the opening of the 34th Cambridge University prestigious International Symposium on Economic Crime, at Jesus College, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom last week said that Buhari's government has recovered #3.4trillion cash and #115billion in assest globally.

Abeg, if this is true then why is Nigeria still looking for funds to borrow from China and IMF to fund the budget. Screaming left right and centre that there is no money.

If I may borrow ya language.

**cough** **cough**

Hailing is absolutely allowed and is your fundamental human right. However, it must be done with common sense else you constitute yourself into a public nuisance. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Recovers N46b From Oil Marketers-the Nation by midolian(m): 9:22am On Sep 12, 2016
Ishilove:

The thunder that will fire all these people collaborating to make life hard for the average Nigerian has table of contents.
grin grin grin grin

This your thunder ehn! grin grin grin
Re: EFCC Recovers N46b From Oil Marketers-the Nation by ehissi(m): 9:39am On Sep 12, 2016
amagunnerfan:
You will know why the monies reclaimed can't be spent YET when you decide to do away with bigotry. This has been explained many times - monies collected from crime proceeds can't be expended until the court cases are over. THEY ARE EXHIBITS in court. What's so hard to understand?

With due respect Sir, you are what we call in the Military an assumptionist.

Nowhere in the article was mention made of court cases or prosecution or exhibits, it was so, then it would have been called a seizure not a recovery (A seizure make reference assets that are in contention in court while a recovery make reference to assets that have been determined by court to belong to the government or assets handed over willingly by accused fellows via plea bargains.).

In any case, the entire report is based on the word of an "unconfirmed" annonymous source. And all offcial sources are avoiding the story and keep the press in suspense because it flatters the EFCC. If an unconfirmed source says the EFCC boss, built a #10bn house in Maitama, they will rise up fast and make a statement.

In saner climes, the EFCC boss would have issued a later of reprimand/query to its personnel because such statements can jeopardize the investigations of EFCC. Imagine accomplices of the alleged Ex-MD of PPMC were reading this, you they will not make efforts to flush-down/launder their criminal proceeds .

But it Sai baba that is in charge, Lai Mohammed is Minister of Information so any article (no matter how awkward) that flatters the government is allowed safe passage into the pages of newspapers.

Sai Baba and Lai Baba will see that the stories remains in the press to distract Nigerians.

Highest, they refuse to deny it or pretend it doesn't exist until it causes trouble.
Re: EFCC Recovers N46b From Oil Marketers-the Nation by anakkidon: 11:53am On Sep 12, 2016
my question still remain, what are we using all this money they recovered on? the day this change will beging from me is d day I see federal gov. change their thinking... we are still far far behind...
Re: EFCC Recovers N46b From Oil Marketers-the Nation by macnwaobi2: 12:53pm On Sep 12, 2016
President Goodluck Jonathan on Friday during a rally in Enugu said that the All Progressives Congress candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd), cannot remember his own mobile phone number.

Jonathan, whose unscripted address was mostly a response to previous statements made by Buhari, accused the APC presidential candidate of deceiving Nigerians by promising to revive the economy without explaining how he would achieve the feat.

The President wondered how Buhari would develop the country’s economy, a feat he could not achieve while he was in office as head of state between 1983 and 1985.

“Is it now that Buhari cannot even remember his own phone number that he can change the economy of the country.” Jonathan asked.

The Peoples Democratic Party presidential candidate said that although he did not like to “go personal during campaigns,” “sometimes circumstances demand that certain things must be said.”

Jonathan said that Buhari belonged to the medieval age, adding that he (the APC candidate) intended to run the Federal Government as a medieval king.

He said, “We cannot run the government as if we are in the medieval age; we cannot run a government where somebody said he would throw people into jail.

“You are not a medieval king – a medieval king can throw you into jail but we have to follow the rule of law because we cannot go back to the old days.”

Jonathan, however, read the speech made by Gen. Ibrahim Babangida (rtd.) after overthrowing Buhari’s regime through a military coup on August 27, 1985 to justify his claim that the APC candidate does not keep his promises.

Babangida, in the portions of the address read by Jonathan, justified Buhari’s overthrow by pointing out that the latter did not live up to the promises he made to Nigerians when he ousted a democratically elected civilian government headed by Alhaji Shehu Shagari in a military coup.

Noting that Buhari “deceived Nigerians” from 1983 to 1985, Jonathan quoted Babangida as saying, “The initial objectives of Buhari’s intervention were betrayed as there was a general deterioration of standard of living in the country.”

The PDP candidate also pointed out that Babangida accused Buhari of being “too rigid in his attitude to national issues” and “became alienated from the people” in the course of his stay in power.

He, therefore, challenged Buhari to tell Nigerians how he intends to revive the economy.

Jonathan said, “They are telling young Nigerians that they are going to change the economy but they have not told us how they want to manage the economy more than us.

“If they say they want to change agriculture, they should tell us the weak links in the agriculture value chain and what they want to do about it.

“I said in Lagos that I want to work with young people, not to deceive people.

“I am not going to run the government based on my habits, I am going to run the government according to global best practices.”

Jonathan also insisted that he was committed to the campaign against corruption.

“There is no government that has fought corruption more than we do,” he said, noting that some previous administrations pretended to be fighting corruption while oppressing their enemies.

Best prices of phones, accessories & gadgets on PricePadi.com

He recalled that Buhari jailed some prominent Igbo politicians while in office as head of state, including former Vice-President Alex Ekwueme and former governor of old Anambra State, Chief Jim Nwobodo.

Stressing that Buhari jailed politicians on trumped up charges, Jonathan said, “You can no longer carry people and put them in prison for 301 years.”

The President equally accused Buhari of having a wrong idea of corruption.

According to him, Buhari believes that every wealthy Nigerian is corrupt.

He said, “If a Nigerian businessman has a private jet, then you are corrupt but if a South African has a private jet then you commend him.

“If you have a good house, then you are corrupt, if you have a good car then you are corrupt – that is his definition of corruption.”

Jonathan accused his opponent of making spurious claims against him.

The President said, “They are saying that government is corrupt but they are not telling us what they are going to do to stop corruption. Let them go back to their consultants to coach them, then I will listen to them.

“They should tell us how they are going to manage the economy better than we do.

“They are saying we stole foreign reserves, nobody can steal foreign reserves – spurious allegations.”

He also reiterated his claim that Buhari did not equip the military while he was the head of state.

Jonathan said that he had done more than his predecessors to shore up the country’s defence.

“For 30 years, we had only one frigate, now we have four additional frigates,” he said.

In the same vein, he pointed out that Buhari did not find any woman worthy enough for appointment when he was the military head of state.

The President asked Nigerians to assess him and Buhari by looking at how they performed during their respective periods in office.

He said, “They have deceived us before and they want to deceive us again.

“Go and find out whether these people are deceiving you or are telling you the truth.

“People are assessing me because I have run this country for some years – they have run this country for two years.

“They came with promises but immediately they came in, what they did was to jail Jim Nwobodo for 201 years.”
Re: EFCC Recovers N46b From Oil Marketers-the Nation by berrystunn(m): 12:57pm On Sep 12, 2016
sommyblaze:
Una sabi recover for Africa, were all the recoveries dey go?

Fantastically corrupt govt
Re: EFCC Recovers N46b From Oil Marketers-the Nation by awa(m): 3:34pm On Sep 12, 2016
Recovered and used it to do what that benefits the masses

Abeg enough of this scam
Re: EFCC Recovers N46b From Oil Marketers-the Nation by NobleG1(m): 6:06pm On Sep 12, 2016
They always announce they recovered billions. Where is the money? Where does it go?

They "recover" and loot it again!
Re: EFCC Recovers N46b From Oil Marketers-the Nation by Tiegarr: 3:10pm On Sep 26, 2016
donbenedict:
just look at ur stupidity
You are a dead brain.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Olusegun Olorunnipa 'Sleeq2dbone' For Kogi House Of Assembly (Photos) / FG Sacks 23 Warders & Suspends 11 Others Due To Recent Prison Break / At $43.507bn, External Reserves Hit Five-month High

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.