Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,043 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? (79677 Views)

'I Left My Marriage After My Wife Sat On Me And I Fainted' - Man Reveals. Photo / What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning / My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 12, 2016
Spitting on someone is very very very demeaning.
It's a big insult. Very sad indeed.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? by RedCapChief(m): 10:51pm On Sep 12, 2016
Miladi:
OP

I'm so sorry for you. However, having dissected your story, I stand bold to say that your prejudice contributed to the ensued fracas.

You've got to be kidding.
The op was at no fault whatsoever.
He demonstrated no prejudice, rather even going the extra mile to push for peace
His wife is clearly somebody with unsettled issues.

You just want to tell everybody you know the meaning of 'fracas'
grin grin

27 Likes

Re: My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? by lomaxbien(m): 10:52pm On Sep 12, 2016
Give her the silent treatment...it works like magic,she spits on u,just smile and walk away,if you don't react,then she doesn't know what you have in mind and that will make her super uncomfortable.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? by Deilluminator(m): 10:52pm On Sep 12, 2016
This is your own version of the story, she has her own too. Until one hears from both sides, it may not be wise to pass any judgement on this. What will your wife think of you if she learn that you have taken this to the social media? What would be your response if it were your wife that took this to the social media?

Please, you guys need to sit and discuss. There's something which both of you are not getting it right which you must sort it out. Most of all work on your egos

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? by Richy4(m): 10:53pm On Sep 12, 2016
What she did was wrong bro....
But my brother, since u play a lot of games... why not do something that will involve her too...
She obviously was seeking for your attention and u were not giving it to her.... Hey i am a guy and i know how people that love games behave...when they start playing, they will not even know or care about their immediate surrounding any more...

Maybe she feel kinda caged... i have never been to saudi but i hear a lot about how women are been treated in that nation and all the outside extra curriculum activities, they don't get involved...

Maybe she feel bored... please involve her in whatever game u are playing at home ...

when kids starts rolling out, she will leave u and your game alone and divert her attention on the kids..

14 Likes

Re: My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? by Taryur3(m): 10:53pm On Sep 12, 2016
DTRUMPER:
Well pray about it, God will send you a comforter
Prayer has nothing to do here. D lady got some evil mind.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? by Cathony(m): 10:54pm On Sep 12, 2016
baddestchic:
stay away from her while this unwelcome atmosphere is between both of you

when its all over.... you have to sit her down and talk to her... ask what you did that got her angry and also tell her what she did that got you really mad... tell her very gently you dont like how she reacted... communication is key especially in marriage

respect is both ways there should be no spitting on anyone.... telling her to leave wont make things better only worse
God bless you sister, this is the best advice so far
Re: My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? by Goldenheart(m): 10:54pm On Sep 12, 2016
winkJesus was spat on.....[color=#990000][/color]

#runs outta thread

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? by Miladi(f): 10:55pm On Sep 12, 2016
RedCapChief:

You've got to be kidding.
The op was at no fault whatsoever.
He demonstrated no prejudice, rather even going the extra mile to push for peace
His wife is clearly somebody with unsettled issues.

You just want to tell everybody you know the meaning of 'fracas'
grin grin

Better put, I have helped you and your ilks to know that there's a word like fracas. Now be a gentleman by picking not on me okay.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? by Doncharlie: 10:55pm On Sep 12, 2016
Serious Character flaw..I commend your maturity by not beating her.
Re: My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? by GMBuhari: 10:56pm On Sep 12, 2016
nameerfhtennek did it occur to you that you misread her intentions?

Hiding remote in short pants in my dictionary means I want to have sex

Even if that's not the meaning, you could have paused, saved your game and let her have the router since her internet service was going to be renewed in a few days

Just my own 10kobo

1 Like

Re: My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? by rovher: 10:56pm On Sep 12, 2016
You did an amazing thing, By simply walking away... u hv told your self that u are able to to control your temper, even which what she did was the height of it all... believe me, all u nid to do it ignore her for some days, cos kipin mute kills them more than any other thing... stay mute for some days, she's defntly going to come asking for forgiveness, but hv it at the back of your mind, I pray an hope that they dnt be a next time, but what if there is, she prolly cud do more... Easy bro, and stay bless...
Re: My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? by kizyalex10(m): 10:57pm On Sep 12, 2016
See as women jst dey protect themselves,all d female commenting here re emphasising on forgiveness,but if the case is the other way round now,u will see it as abuse,calling the police nd suing the bastard.lets call a spade a spade,u can call me a demon but there is a limit to my tolerance.that is why I can't take my woman abroad,cos most men who takes their women abroad don't have good stories to tell.because they take advantage of the law protecting them.women abuse power to the fullest.they re power drunk,flexing there power even when it's nt neccessary.if it's me my brother,hell will let loose.

17 Likes

Re: My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? by Taryur3(m): 10:57pm On Sep 12, 2016
We always tell you guys to change whatever you have to change before getting married. Once you married,you most take permission to change TV channel from your wife.so you didn't change her bad habit while dating.the worst thing is this Buhari and his ppu that brought difficult change to Nigerians. If your wife voted for change before she left Nigeria...automatically APC change is affecting her.thanks

1 Like

Re: My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? by Homguy(m): 10:57pm On Sep 12, 2016
nameerfhtennek:
It's more than 20minutes, I'm still unable to put words together to begin this story. I will try keep it simple and necessarily detailed so everyone will understand the true picture of what happened, why against my belief that writing personal experiences on social media is immature, I had to still write mine. Let's just say I'm not thinking right now, maybe I'm so upset but truth is, I need your advice.

I'm writing this thread seated at the back of a Hilux truck just outside our apartment. Yaa, that me in the picture. You see, today is EID and believe me I should be resting in the house since I'm not working today. Days like this only come by 6times in a whole year and more than anything, I would have loved resting than being out here.

It was yesterday evening, she called and said she her driver were headed to my office. She wanted to pick some stuffs around my office. Yaa, I forgot to say this is Saudi Arabia. If you know Saudi quite well, you will agree with me that a husband will definitely get exhausted running errands for his wife or the family. I was not in the mood for shopping but she wanted to shop. She got upset that I didn't want to accompany her shopping.

She did her shopping alone and returned few minutes before I closed from work. We headed home. Unknown to me, I forgot my internet router in my office because I was rushing to get home and continue with my FIFA 16.
Her internet service expired some days back so we were using mine.

While playing game, she walked into the seating room and demanded for my router. Mine, not hers. With her tone and facial expression demanding the router, I didn't respond because there was an indication that she was warming up for a quarrel. I wasn't just in the mood. The thing is, she is very skilled in extending her anger phases. That is one thing I can't understand till today. Believe me, it was not like this while we were dating. Sorry, I forgot to tell you I married my university girlfriend, she years my junior and the same department. Ya, I'm one of those guys that dated and planned for the future with their girls at the same time. God blessed that plan but at this point I don't understand everything that has been happening for the past one year plus since we got married. She repeatedly demanded that I handed over my router to her but I was quiet. Meanwhile, it occurred to me that I forgot the router in my office the minute she first asked about it. Truth is, I actually needed to use the internet that night for my online FIFA.

After several times of asking for the router and no response from me, she took the TV remote and switched off the TV. She walked straight to the kitchen and hid the remote. I approached her in the kitchen and told her I was not ready for any kinda quarrel. We have had enough for the past one year of getting married. I then told her I forgot the router in my office, I didn't have it. I guess she didn't believe me, she never did. She told me to leave her alone. I returned back to the seating room with my heart beating fast. I knew she wanted a serious quarrel that night. After some minutes, I returned to the kitchen and requested for the remote. Then I figured out she hid it in her pant. Pretending I was passing by, I swiftly went for the remote from under her short gown and grabbed it. She didn't expect I knew where she hid it. She followed me behind and ceased the game console, second indication she wanted me to react. I do have a problem with my temper just like every human, male or female. I have also learnt to deal with it by walking away at times I feel I was going to lose it. The same reason I'm outside at this time, 9:55 pm Saudi time. She knows I have fought hard to tame my temper issues but most times, she makes deliberate efforts to have me overreact to her nags and rants.

I watched her hide the console in her pant yet again. I shuddered in obvious fear because I knew what the woman wanted, a fight. Unable to deal with it,the intimidation and the shame, I went for the console and squeezed it out from her hand while she was trying to hold it tight. That was when the trouble then started. She wanted a buffer to help her spill everything she had nursed in her mind. "You are a violent person!! You can kill, idiot!! You were not shown love by your parents, that is why you will squeeze your wife's hand to collect the console. They allowed you to grow up in the street without parental guidance and love." Then it came....pwaaaaaaah!!! She spat on my face!!!!! God knows, I have never been spat at before, not by my parents, not by my siblings, not by anybody. " I agree I was not shown love by my parents but your Dad is a coward for running away from your mother without being there for you guys when he needed to play his roles as a father. That explains the reason you are like this", I said and walked back to the seating room.

I managed to play a few games which I lost mostly and then slept off around past 5am this morning. Around 3pm, I woke up and went to the office. Not like I had work but I needed to clear my head away from the house. If only there was alcohol in Saudi, I would have been somewhere in a hotel drinking away the shame. When I returned home by past 7pm, hungry and tired. I needed to continue my game but I could no longer find the game console and the TV remote. I asked for it and she ignored me. I managed to eat and then left the house to this truck.

You see, I love my wife more than anything, more than anyone. She is one person in the whole world I could go any length for. I love her, that was why I forgave her when she broke up with me after I left Nigeria for Saudi Arabia. She broke up with me few months after I came to Saudi and started dating another guy twice her age. She says she never expected I would come back to her after she left me but I did. I did because I saw a future with her, a future I imagined, believed in and worked towards its reality. Today we have gotten to a level where most people out there would want to be, our colleagues envy is because they believe we are privileged and blessed but what they don't know is that in the truth, I have no peace. This marriage has become my legacy and my curse.

I want to send her back to Nigeria in few days time and I hope I'm not making a mistake!!! Spitting on my face, nah nah....am so fed up!!!!
You are a gentleman. Keeping your cool thus far. I would advise yiu send her back. She can kill. Spitting on your husband, your head, and saying those unprintable jargons is the height of it. Goodluck mam

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? by Ghost447(m): 10:58pm On Sep 12, 2016
DTRUMPER:
Well pray about it, God will send you a comforter
Another comforter?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? by PqsMike: 10:59pm On Sep 12, 2016
sllay:

Your ánal orifice should be impaled with a red hot, rusted boiling ring for suggesting he should physically assault a woman who didn't harm him physically , worse still his wife.

He either spits back in her face (which is childish) or spends time away from her to clear his head, take stock of the happenings in their relationship, wait if she'll show remorse (this is almost certain) then extract a promise that she'd never go on the offensive against him physically or verbally and they'd always discuss with/talk to each other to resolve their differences.

Once you slap her once, you'd slap her again and before you know it you're a wife-beater.

You're preaching peace and still very fast in insulting people,. Do u actually practice what you preach?

Over if you were the guy, you would have done worse

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? by debraleey: 10:59pm On Sep 12, 2016
People suggesting beating are terrible....why on earth will anyone suggest what can break someone's home? Who says the lady will change if she gets beaten? Unbelievable mentality! Suggesting beating of wife when she's not a child......try shifting ur focus from her/her undesirable characters.......try ur best to find peace with her n not away from her.....and pray to God to help u like seriously ......n seek counselling......

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? by Cathony(m): 10:59pm On Sep 12, 2016
"hiding the console and remote in her undies", she needs Ur attention man...u should know Ur woman better, sending her over to Nigeria would be a mistake...
NOTE: I need to learn Hw to control my temperament js like u did, I ain't no woman beater but I can say really bad words that can tear a lady's heart in pieces

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? by akinswagg(m): 10:59pm On Sep 12, 2016
I will never take that from a woman.. she's definitely not your God sent wife..

1 Like

Re: My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? by cunlay007(m): 10:59pm On Sep 12, 2016
broo I admire your bravery to put ur tot togeda Dis hour at d bck of a hilux van,u shud b a watchword even dou I don't subscribe to spanking women I feel u need to show her messages on dis forum and prepare her mind for eventuality regarding how much u tired killing d wolf in you and how best she as been feeding d baby wolf in ur soul wit tasty fresh blood by being a baby monster in making ur life unromantic and I personally feel u shud do away wit d game playing and help her out more.....God bless u more
Re: My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 12, 2016
baddestchic:
stay away from her while this unwelcome atmosphere is between both of you

when its all over.... you have to sit her down and talk to her... ask what you did that got her angry and also tell her what she did that got you really mad... tell her very gently you dont like how she reacted... communication is key especially in marriage

respect is both ways there should be no spitting on anyone.... telling her to leave wont make things better only worse

Wrong advice, there is nothing to be talked about in this situation because a lot of bridges that should have been tended with care have been burnt by this disrespectful, fight-seeking woman.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? by RedCapChief(m): 11:00pm On Sep 12, 2016
Miladi:

Better put, I have helped you and your ilks to know that there's a word like fracas. Now be a gentleman by picking not on me okay.

Unfortunately, I'm not a gentleman, so you are going to get picked.
Just demonstrate how the op is guilty. That's all

I see another word up there - ilk. Your vocab bank seems large but you're not communicating

14 Likes

Re: My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? by teemy(m): 11:00pm On Sep 12, 2016
a major faucet of respect is off the mark here. from the title i already deduced wifey regards you as less manly compared to ... such as those that see gamers as kids. now that it shows there is another she compares you with, you either build ...

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? by Tinyemeka(m): 11:00pm On Sep 12, 2016
VolTOxic:
Most men would have given her a beating, but you kept your cool. For that I respect and admire you. Now to the point, Yes. Please send her away. That woman hates you!

How can your own wife say that horrible thing and spat to you face?! She hates you. She have crossed the line.
You said your marriage is a curse. You are not happy at all. Neither is she. You are not making a mistake. Do it.

You are a true gentleman. You deserve better. You'll find someone to heal your wounds. Don't even waste your time for any shìt counselling. She is not the woman you fell for. That woman is gone the moment she spat. Forever.

Nah. That woman was gone the moment he left for Saudi and she hooked up with another guy.
@OP, there is no loyaty from the woman you married. You are just waiting for things to be alright even when the sigbs are all there showing you otherwise.

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? by Tual: 11:01pm On Sep 12, 2016
No,
Not yet, the marriage is too early for that
Just ignore her, don't talk to her, don't eat her food, pretend like she doesn't exist and I assure you, she will come back to her senses but if she doesn't, you can consider that
Meanwhile that's marriage for you
Whatever you open, you take
And again, try talking to her
Sort out your differences, there's this saying that goes
'we disagree to agree'
By the way,
I appreciate you alot for not involving abuse on her especially in this case that she deserves it so much.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 12, 2016
This issue is a minor one, but can really mature to stage of causing serious damages:

You're a married man, bros you don't ignore a woman's want or should I say feeling, no matter how silly it might be, just give her the attention, then you will enjoy and do whatever you do in peace. Assuming you went shopping with her, she for even cook better food give you ontop that fifa self. Follow dey shout Goal even when computer score you cheesy.

See bros, just go back to her, apologise, let her know that you're sorry for not going shopping with her, that it was not good of you, that nothing can come between you two not even that game self, let her know you paid deaf ear to her feelings, but you have realised now, you're very sorry, it wouldn't happen again. You go see she go just bust cry, then you kiss her, then yanch am, after everything. Tell her say that spit wey she spit for your face you dey forbid am, make she nor ever try am again, she will promise and promise, she wouldn't do it again really.

Biko don't send her home oh, Nigeria this time ehn NA wrong timing, sort things out with your wife brother, e nor easy.

16 Likes

Re: My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? by victorazy(m): 11:03pm On Sep 12, 2016
nameerfhtennek:
It's more than 20minutes, I'm
It was yesterday evening, she called and said she her driver were headed to my office. She wanted to pick some stuffs around my office. Yaa, I forgot to say this is Saudi Arabia. If you know Saudi quite well, you will agree with me that a husband will definitely get exhausted running errands for his wife or the family. I was not in the mood for shopping but she wanted to shop. She got upset that I didn't want to accompany her shopping.

She did her shopping alone and returned few minutes before I closed from work. We headed home. Unknown to me, I forgot my internet router in my office because I was rushing to get home and continue with my FIFA 16.
Her internet service expired some days back so we were using mine.

While playing game, she walked into the seating room and demanded for my router. Mine, not hers. With her tone and facial expression demanding the router, I didn't respond because there was an indication that she was warming up for a quarrel. I wasn't just in the mood. The thing is, she is very skilled in extending her anger phases. That is one thing I can't understand till today. Believe me, it was not like this while we were dating. Sorry, I forgot to tell you I married my university girlfriend, she years my junior and the same department. Ya, I'm one of those guys that dated and planned for the future with their girls at the same time. God blessed that plan but at this point I don't understand everything that has been happening for the past one year plus since we got married. She repeatedly demanded that I handed over my router to her but I was quiet. Meanwhile, it occurred to me that I forgot the router in my office the minute she first asked about it. Truth is, I actually needed to use the internet that night for my online FIFA.

After several times of asking for the router and no response from me, she took the TV remote and switched off the TV. She walked straight to the kitchen and hid the remote. I approached her in the kitchen and told her I was not ready for any kinda quarrel. We have had enough for the past one year of getting married. I then told her I forgot the router in my office, I didn't have it. I guess she didn't believe me, she never did. She told me to leave her alone. I returned back to the seating room with my heart beating fast. I knew she wanted a serious quarrel that night. After some minutes, I returned to the kitchen and requested for the remote. Then I figured out she hid it in her pant. Pretending I was passing by, I swiftly went for the remote from under her short gown and grabbed it. She didn't expect I knew where she hid it. She followed me behind and ceased the game console, second indication she wanted me to react. I do have a problem with my temper just like every human, male or female. I have also learnt to deal with it by walking away at times I feel I was going to lose it. The same reason I'm outside at this time, 9:55 pm Saudi time. She knows I have fought hard to tame my temper issues but most times, she makes deliberate efforts to have me overreact to her nags and rants.

I watched her hide the console in her pant yet again. I shuddered in obvious fear because I knew what the woman wanted, a fight. Unable to deal with it,the intimidation and the shame, I went for the console and squeezed it out from her hand while she was trying to hold it tight. That was when the trouble then started. She wanted a buffer to help her spill everything she had nursed in her mind. "You are a violent person!! You can kill, idiot!! You were not shown love by your parents, that is why you will squeeze your wife's hand to collect the console. They allowed you to grow up in the street without parental guidance and love." Then it came....pwaaaaaaah!!! She spat on my face!!!!! God knows, I have never been spat at before, not by my parents, not by my siblings, not by anybody. " I agree I was not shown love by my parents but your Dad is a coward for running away from your mother without being there for you guys when he needed to play his roles as a father. That explains the reason you are like this", I said and walked back to the seating room.

I managed to play a few games which I lost mostly and then slept off around past 5am this morning. Around 3pm, I woke up and went to the office. Not like I had work but I needed to clear my head away from the house. If only there was alcohol in Saudi, I would have been somewhere in a hotel drinking away the shame. When I returned home by past 7pm, hungry and tired. I needed to continue my game but I could no longer find the game console and the TV remote. I asked for it and she ignored me. I managed to eat and then left the house to this truck.

You see, I love my wife more than anything, more than anyone. She is one person in the whole world I could go any length for. I love her, that was why I forgave her when she broke up with me after I left Nigeria for Saudi Arabia. She broke up with me few months after I came to Saudi and started dating another guy twice her age. She says she never expected I would come back to her after she left me but I did. I did because I saw a future with her, a future I imagined, believed in and worked towards its reality. Today we have gotten to a level where most people out there would want to be, our colleagues envy is because they believe we are privileged and blessed but what they don't know is that in the truth, I have no peace. This marriage has become my legacy and my curse.

I want to send her back to Nigeria in few days time and I hope I'm not making a mistake!!! Spitting on my face, nah nah....am so fed up!!!!
You should have said sorry love I forgot it in the office than keeping quiet. Guy ur at fault cuz ur taking her for granted. Your wife is human too not ur dog, trat her with equal rite and dignity. Organize ur house man and stop lamenting on net.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? by okestev: 11:03pm On Sep 12, 2016
Bro, you need to be more tolerance, persevere and accommodating to your wife. ...Why on earth would you stoop so low to be dragging remote control with her, even when she hid it in her private area. ..Why? why? nah? Spitting on you is the minimal response you deserved from her for such coward and inexperience action of yours!!, may be some other lady would have hit you hard.
Sending her packing is not the solution, but respect, honour, show love to your wife, then she would accord you with same. Bible calls them "Weaker vessels". May God bless your home.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? by emydot(m): 11:03pm On Sep 12, 2016
My advice- Send her back to Nigeria so she can learn her lesson. The woman wont change I tell you and there is no point going for any counselling. All those people telling you to go for counselling and reconciliation are not your well wishers. On a day you are supposed to have rest of mind and enjoy your holiday, she is giving you problems. A wife who spits on her husband's face could eventually kill the husband. Dont let her kill you or implicate you/put you in trouble in another man's land. A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Is It Proper/Healthy For A Man To Suck His Wife's Bosom Milk? / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State / Husband Of Risikat Azeez-Ayegbami: Why I Abandoned My Wife With Blue Eyes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.