Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,937 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? (33297 Views)

"Cheating Is Okay If Your Home Is Okay" - Nigerian Man Advises / The Woman My Best Friend Is About To Marry This Saturday Has No Womb, Help / 16-Year-Old Girl Writes Letter/Will Before Her Death In The North. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? by DICKtator: 1:50pm On Sep 13, 2016
How can you marry someone at 20? The question to ask is does she want to marry you?

She hasn't even entered the university yet and you want to marry and sponsor her? A fair skinned, probably naive girl?

After her eyes has opened in the university and she has seen a lot ,she would now dump you and you would come back here spilling and telling stories that touches!!!

Use your brain!!!

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? by jeffreysawyer007: 1:50pm On Sep 13, 2016
Definitely it's ok because she is no longer a child and if she commit a crime she will serve the sentence...
Mosesbutez:
For a 20 years old girl to get married, is it right? .......... According the her parents, the guy came when she who just 18 years and still in secondary school but was rejected by the parents bcoz she was underaged and still in ss3 .

Then after 2 years the guy came back again and still begs the parents to marry her but she had wrote jamb this year and is still waiting for the screening and admission to commence. The only reason that guy wanted to get married to the girl is because he said that he like natural fair skin ladies, intelligent and from the same village ( home town ). He had promised her that he would take care of her education when married to her . From the parents view, the guy is from a very good home.

They asks my opinion on the matter and what I thought is that the girl has not matured enough. I hadn't reply to the parents so I seek to get information first before replying. .

The girl in question is my little sister. .. Please I need advice from married or someone that has an experience of it. .. Please
Re: Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? by niggi4life(m): 1:51pm On Sep 13, 2016
spartoo:
g
G for Goat.. angry
Re: Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? by schumastic(m): 1:51pm On Sep 13, 2016
she is not ready yet
Re: Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? by ak47yong(m): 1:52pm On Sep 13, 2016
Mosesbutez:
For a 20 years old girl to get married, is it right? .......... According the her parents, the guy came when she who just 18 years and still in secondary school but was rejected by the parents bcoz she was underaged and still in ss3 .

Then after 2 years the guy came back again and still begs the parents to marry her but she had wrote jamb this year and is still waiting for the screening and admission to commence. The only reason that guy wanted to get married to the girl is because he said that he like natural fair skin ladies, intelligent and from the same village ( home town ). He had promised her that he would take care of her education when married to her . From the parents view, the guy is from a very good home.
Am 20 and doing my IT in 400 level u think if I had money I wouldnt get married whats the big deal

They asks my opinion on the matter and what I thought is that the girl has not matured enough. I hadn't reply to the parents so I seek to get information first before replying. .

The girl in question is my little sister. .. Please I need advice from married or someone that has an experience of it. .. Please
Re: Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? by Lucasbalo(m): 1:53pm On Sep 13, 2016
VolT0xic:
My Mum married at the Age of 21-22. She was majoring in nursing at then. Well, 25 years later and counting, she is very, very happy and blessed in the union. And that's cos she loved my Dad. What I'm trying to say is maturity isn't the precursor to a happy marriage. Love is. So I ask is your sister in love with the man? Or is this just a case of arranged marriage? At that age 20, she's physically ready. But socially, mentally & emotionally, I don't know.
You are absolutely right. It depends on the individuals and their state of mind and love and commitment to each other. Yours truly married at 23 and my wife was 21. I was just finishing my MBA and got a good job and I don't want to lose her. The painful part was my mother was against it and she reluctantly came to our wedding through the prodding of my dad. 20+ years and four children after, that's probably the best decision of my life. So it depends on the couple maturity and commitment to each other.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? by Kaybaba5(m): 1:53pm On Sep 13, 2016
If the girl wishes to marry let her go ahead but to prepare to face challenges behind marriage..
Marriage is another institution.
Re: Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? by misshopy(f): 1:53pm On Sep 13, 2016
Yea
It depends on her maturity
Re: Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? by ak47yong(m): 1:54pm On Sep 13, 2016
Mosesbutez:

Am 20 and doing my IT in 400 level u think if I had money I wouldnt get married whats the big deal
Re: Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? by yomz1e(m): 1:54pm On Sep 13, 2016
Why not , she can be a wife and a student, but when she reaches certain age, she might come out and say I married too early, I didn't enjoy life, I did t do this and that...so caution needs to be applied here.
Re: Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 13, 2016
Wetin b their age difference?

My miss married @18 ,,,,,,father much older ,,,,,,,now d man don die,,,,,

Abeg make una no push her to eternal suffering
Re: Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 13, 2016
why not??it is very okay smiley
Re: Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? by happney65: 1:56pm On Sep 13, 2016
When you see a real Post..You know it..This is real not all those ones that come here and say rubbish..My Advice,Let your sister make her own decision herself..Shikena..
Re: Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? by JustHere2Observ(f): 2:00pm On Sep 13, 2016
I dont see anything about what the girl wants, what I see is what the man and her parents want. Why not let the girl decide if she wants to marry now or finish her school.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? by exboyolu: 2:01pm On Sep 13, 2016
Dear questioner.
Please allow the marriage after investigating the guy very well and you find out he is very responsible, God-fearing person and he is from very good home.

If the findings are positive then let the marriage hold as soon as possible. It is not compulsory for a person to be in University before getting a better marriage and living a fulfilled life.

Don't opposed the marriage please if the above findings are positive in results.

Evidences abounds of several advantages of early marriages. In fact scientifically the best age to marry is 18 to 24 years for ladies.

I wish her all the best.
From experienced married councellor and Professor.
Re: Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? by BABANGBALI: 2:01pm On Sep 13, 2016
No try am o. My is for mature people. You must be matured in everything including your toto.
Tell your sister to face her studies and enjoy life small. Marriage no easy o. I have tolded you my own
Re: Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 13, 2016
Some women marry at 18, what's the complaint here? My mother married at 20 to my then 26 year old father. The marriage still exists though not strong as when I remember vividly(40 something for him and mid 30s for her). Marriage is a game of chance; you never know what the future holds.
Re: Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? by ceejay80s(m): 2:02pm On Sep 13, 2016
Mosesbutez:
Because the guy came before and was chased out by my parents then come again years later to ask her hand in marriage , he has even told our relatives and uncle about it, asked them to beg my parents for him to get married to her. He even begs my mum's friend for them to convince my mum, and it's makes me suspicious about him... But I kept silent bcoz I don't want to be a prosperity blocker and the guy is really successful and people said he is from a good background.

Because of it my mum went to so many prophets to know if the guy is really meant for her, the prophets saying the same thing that the guy is good but she will get pregnant immediately he marries her and for her education, its left for my dad to negotiate with him. .. So times I thought that these prophets are just using their common sense to advice her.

If I said no to the marriage I might be blocking what God has kept for her but if I accept and bad things happens I might hate my decision for her. .. She is currently working with my mum in her shop and is waiting for her admission, she said the man usually visits them and she is now gradually developing love for the guy... But I still find it difficult to accept the guy bcoz of her education and she is not well grounded in things like marriage. ...

U don spoil the whole talk with prophets , who are these prophets? Them tell u say dem dey see any vision? Tell ur mom not t waste her time with prophet , u guys should pray to God..

Prophet indeed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 13, 2016
Then during the time of our grandmothers and mothers it was more than ok because their experience,training and knowledge is suitable to run a good home as mothers but comparing to this indomie time....? that is suicide mission. This indomie time,life sets at 16 and begins at 20.
Re: Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? by BIDOO(m): 2:03pm On Sep 13, 2016
chiefolododo:
FOR BEST ADVICE , SEE ME IN CAMERA
with this your moniker, it seems you lack the capacity it require in giving a fortune advicegrin
Re: Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? by ogawisdom(m): 2:04pm On Sep 13, 2016
Mosesbutez:

Very ok
Re: Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? by Fortune5588: 2:05pm On Sep 13, 2016
Pls and pls, is there anyone here that has PES 2016 ISO?. I would appreciate if u do me the favor by sending the file to my email. I have looked virtually everywhere on net but couldn't find any. benjamine602@gmail.com
Thanks in anticipation!
Re: Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? by ericmor: 2:07pm On Sep 13, 2016
See question o
Re: Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? by Abbey2sam(m): 2:08pm On Sep 13, 2016
let your sister enjoy her youthful age, let her experience university as a free young girl

buh if the guy is serious let him wait, except ofcuz your parent are no longer capable of handling her education

if she enters university now, in 4 to 5 years time she will graduate,

so the guy can hang around knowing fully well that your sister have him in mind
Re: Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? by gbeseun(m): 2:11pm On Sep 13, 2016
Don't allow ur sister to marry that experienced fucker,because she won't enjoy and satisfy him.
The aim of this guy isn't far fetched,he was looking for a young, virgin and innocent girl to bleed both day and night,foelrget about all the promises of I will train him.that's his motive

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? by Greatidonis: 2:15pm On Sep 13, 2016
I married my wife when she was 21 graduate, and she was almost concluding her youth service when the wedding held. Age does not matter once he or she is above 18 but maturity and we you want.
Re: Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 13, 2016
Omotola did it, why not ask her
Re: Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? by C2Ok: 2:16pm On Sep 13, 2016
cool cool(in Daniel Bryan's voice) NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO awesome(in Daniel Bryan's voice) NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO awesome(in Daniel Bryan's voice) NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO awesome
Re: Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? by able20(m): 2:17pm On Sep 13, 2016
In Northern part of Nigeria a 20year women has stopped giving birth after 4 children.
Re: Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? by Dshocker(m): 2:18pm On Sep 13, 2016
CaroLyner:
By the way,she being light_skinned is a lame reason to wana get married to her

Don't mind the guy,he probably was looking for a virgin wife
Re: Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? by Kgdavid(m): 2:18pm On Sep 13, 2016
Mosesbutez:

for the reason he wants to marry your sister, it is his maturity i am worried about, not hers

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wife Drags Kano Millionaire To Court For Infecting Her With HIV / Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate / Who Is A Guy With Potential?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.