Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,158 members, 7,838,958 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? (17881 Views)

Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF / Is It Proper For A Woman To Dress This Way And Preach On God's Alter? (Photo) / Zimbabwean Prophet Pays Man & Woman To Fake Getting Stuck During Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by FunkyMetahuman: 9:17am On Sep 18, 2016
nmreports:
For me, there isnt any law that says women should not head a chuch in the new testament.

Simple as ABC. No point quoting scriptures.
there is no law that forbids you from smoking weed but you don't anyway, why?
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by nmreports: 9:21am On Sep 18, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
there is no law that forbids you from smoking weed but you don't anyway, why?

Ahn ahn bros.
Church and weed are bipolar arguments.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Emeka71(m): 9:27am On Sep 18, 2016
A woman can head a church; but that should be in the minority.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by tripoli007(m): 9:27am On Sep 18, 2016
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

Well, what The Bible says is clear:

. 1st CORINTHIANS 14:29-40.

29. Let the Prophets speak two or three,
and let the other judge.
30. If any thing be revealed
to another that sitteth by,
let the first hold his peace.
31. For ye may all Prophesy one-by-one,
that all may learn,
and all may be comforted.
32. And the Spirits of the Prophets
are subject to the Prophets.
33. For God is not the Author of Confusion,
but of Peace,
as in all Churches of the Saints.
34. Let your women keep silence
in the churches:
for it is not permitted unto them
to speak;
but they are Commanded
to be under Obedience,
as also saith The Law.
35. And if they will learn any thing,
let them ask their husbands at home:
for it is a shame for women
to speak in the church.
36. What? came The Word of God
out from you?
Or came it unto you only?
37. If any man think himself
to be a Prophet,
or Spiritual,
let him acknowledge
that the things that I write unto you
are the Commandments of the Lord.
38 But if any man be ignorant,
let him be ignorant.
39 Wherefore, Brethren,
covet to Prophesy,
and forbid not to speak with Tongues.
40. Let all things be done
Decently and in Order.

. 1st TIMOTHY 2:1-15.

I EXHORT therefore, that,
first of all, Supplications,
Prayers, Intercessions,
and Giving of Thanks,
be made for all men;
2. For kings,
and for all that are in Authority;
that we may lead
a Quiet and Peaceable Life
in all Godliness and Honesty.
3. For this is Good and Acceptable in
The Sight of God our Saviour;
4. Who will have all men to be saved,
and to come unto
The Knowledge of The Truth.
5. For there is one God,
and one Mediator
between God and men,
the man Christ Jesus;
6. Who gave himself a Ransom for all,
to be testified in due time.
7. Whereunto I am ordained a Preacher,
and an Apostle,
[I speak the truth in Christ,
and lie not;]
a Teacher of the Gentiles
in Faith and Verity.
8. I will therefore
that men Pray every where,
lifting up Holy Hands,
without wrath and doubting.
9. In like manner also,
that women adorn themselves
in Modest Apparel,
with Shamefacedness and Sobriety;
not with Broided Hair,
or Gold,
or Pearls,
or Costly Array;
10. But [which becometh women
professing godliness] with Good Works.
11. Let the woman learn
in silence with all subjection.
12. But I suffer not
a woman to teach,
nor to usurp authority over the man,
but to be in silence.
13. For Adam was first formed,
then Eve.
14. And Adam was not Deceived,
but the woman being Deceived
was in the Transgression.
15. Notwithstanding she shall be
saved in childbearing,
if they continue
in Faith and Charity
and Holiness with sobriety.

I AM A BORN AGAIN, FULL-GOSPEL, PENTECOSTAL CHRISTIAN, NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY ORGANIZED CHRISTIAN CHURCH. As such, I believe in what THE BIBLE says is THE GOSPEL, and THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD- NOT what SOMEBODY SAYS is THE GOSPEL and THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD.

I feel a great swell of COMPASSION toward the POOR FOOLS who are TIED IN KNOTS, trying to follow what SOMEBODY SAID is WHAT THEY OUGHT to do.

That is why I WORK HARD to get THE TRUTH out, to FREE THE PRISONERS. [What more do YOU do?]

THE GOSPEL therefore, is defined as follows:

. MARK 1:14-15.

14. Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching The Gospel of The Kingdom of God,
15. And saying,
"The Time is fulfilled,
and The Kingdom of God
is at hand:
REPENT YE,
and BELIEVE THE GOSPEL."

. MATTHEW 24:14.

14. "And This Gospel of The Kingdom
shall be preached in all the World
for a Witness unto all Nations;
and then shall The End come."

. MATTHEW 24:35.

35. "Heaven and Earth
shall pass away,
but my Words
shall not pass away."

. MATTHEW 28:16-20.

16. Then the eleven Disciples
went away in Galilee,
into a mountain where
Jesus had appointed them.
17. And when they saw him,
they worshipped him:
but some doubted.
18. And Jesus came
and spake unto them,
saying,
"All Power is given unto me
in Heaven and in Earth.
19. "Go ye therefore,
and Teach all Nations,
Baptizing them in
The Name of The Father,
and of The Son,
and of The Holy Ghost:
20. "Teaching them to observe
all things whatsoever
I have Commanded you:
and, lo, I am with you alway,
(even) unto The End of The World."
Amen.

DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE A BETTER DEFINITION?

Stuff thou it back up whence it camest out.

Use both hands.

And put thy back into it.

ONLY WHAT YAHSHUA PREACHED AND TAUGHT ON THE EARTH IS "THE GOSPEL." That is NON-NEGOTIABLE!

. MATTHEW 24:1-5.

AND Jesus went out, and departed from The Temple: and his Disciples came to (him) for to shew him the buildings of The Temple.
2. And Jesus said unto them,
"See ye not all these things? Verily I say unto you,

'THERE SHALL NOT BE LEFT HERE
ONE STONE UPON ANOTHER,
THAT SHALL NOT BE
THROWN DOWN.' "

3. And as he sat upon the Mount of Olives, the Disciples came unto him privately, saying,
"Tell us, when shall these things be? And what shall be The Sign of thy Coming, and of The End of the World?"
4. And Jesus answered and said unto them,
"Take heed that no man deceive you.
5. "For many shall come in my Name, saying I am Christ, and shall deceive many."

ACCORDING TO YAHSHUA'S TEACHING, ANYBODY SAYING THAT YAHSHUA IS THE HaMISHIACH IS A DECEIVER: PERIOD.

It will come as a HUGE surprise to THOUSANDS of MILLIONS of Christians and non-Christians alike, that YAHSHUA FORBADE ANY MAN TO TELL THAT HE WAS THE MESSIAH.

. MATTHEW 16:13-20.

13. When Jesus came into
the coasts of Caesarea Philippi,
he asked his Disciples,
"Whom do man say that I,
The Son of Man am?"
14. And they said,
"Some (say that thou art)
John the Baptist: some Elias;
and others,
Jeremias,
or one of the Prophets."
15. He saith unto them,
"But whom say ye that I am?"
16. And Simon Peter answered
and said,
"Thou art The Christ,
The Son of The Living God."
17. And Jesus answered
and said unto him,
"Blessed art thou,
Simon Bar-Jona:
for flesh and blood
hath not revealed (It) unto you,
but my Father Which is in Heaven.
18. "And I say also unto unto thee,

'THAT THOU ART PETER,
AND UPON THIS ROCK
I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH;
AND THE GATES OF HELL
SHALL NOT PREVAIL
AGAINST IT.'

19. "And I will give unto thee
The Keys of The Kingdom of Heaven:
and whatsoever thou shalt bind on Earth
shall be bound in Heaven:
and whatsoever thou shalt loose on Earth
shall be loosed in Heaven."
20. Then charged he his Disciples
that they should tell no man
that he was Jesus the Christ.

I DO NOT MAKE THE GOSPEL: I MERELY REPORT THE GOSPEL.

Everything anyone who tells you "JESUS IS THE CHRIST" is SUSPECT.

When you DON'T KNOW who Yahshua might be, your mind goes into a profound agitation, trying to figure it out.

Left to yourself, this agitation will continue, until you hear THE VOICE OF GOD telling you:

"HE IS THE CHRIST AND MY SON!"

The agitation will stop, and REVELATION will POLARIZE.

Like a ROCK forming.

Like CONCRETE.

This Knowledge will stay with you FOR LIFE.

THAT is THE ROCK that THE CHURCH OF YAHSHUA is built upon.

But when SOME MAN tells you that "JESUS IS THE CHRIST," that agitation STOPS SHORT of COMMUNICATION WITH GOD.

Also, you will be bound to THAT person who EXPLAINED JESUS TO YOU. They generally introduce you to a BIG BROTHER, or CO-BRETHREN TEACHERS.

If there is any DOUBT in THAT person's INTEGRITY, it will become a DOUBT OF JESUS. As a RULE, such people NEVER Believe MORE of The Gospel than THEIR TEACHERS do

If they do not believe in DIVINE HEALING, YOU won't, either- even if your LIFE depends on it. They are your MASTERS; you are their SLAVE.

In that state, that can feed you ANY BULLSHIT they WANT: and you MUST eat it.

I am also learned in DIANETICS AND SCIENTOLOGY, and the first thing an AUDITOR wants to know, is:

"WHEN DID YOU START TO BELIEVE THIS?"

The Secret of MIND KONTROL ULTRA is that the victims must FORGET being COMMANDED.

Therefore the HYPNOSIS is installed while in a state of DEEP UNCONSCIOUSNESS.

If you can do that, you can Mind Kontrol a person immediately. If you can't, you must employ TRICKS to install the Demolishing Kommands into the SUBCONSCIOUS MIND.

Everybody knows about ADAM AND STEVE, right?

No?

Okay- the Doctrine of HOMOSEXUALITY won't sell here, then.

ADAM and EVE, right? Everybody knows about ADAM AND EVE?

So PAUL SAYS:

"WOMEN ARE UNRELIABLE!"

That makes people defensive, even angry, so PAUL JUSTIFIES his Assertion with:

"EVE WAS DECEIVED- BUT NOT ADAM."

Everybody is like:

"Ye-e-a-a-h-h! I NEVER THOUGHT of it like THAT before!"

While they are in THAT state, they RECEIVE THE DIRECTIVE to SILENCE Women in the Church.

Which YAHSHUA never Taught.

Why u just dey talk nonsense ... Who has time to read all this
gibberish
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by lawalwas: 9:40am On Sep 18, 2016
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by FunkyMetahuman: 9:41am On Sep 18, 2016
nmreports:

Ahn ahn bros.
Church and weed are bipolar arguments.
so is church and alcohol

Gerarahia cheesy
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Toks2008(m): 9:41am On Sep 18, 2016
johnydon22:
Timothy 2:11-15

A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. But women will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

1st Corinthians 14:34
Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says.
I was about quoting same scriptures.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by 900warriorz: 9:51am On Sep 18, 2016
johnydon22:

A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not
permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she
must be quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam
was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and
became a sinner. But women will be saved through childbearing—if
they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak,
but must be in submission, as the law says.

don't misquote the bible for people and start making people leave churches headed by women. They can be godly women too...just like we have godly me heading the church..

John 1 vs 10 - 13 says and i quote
''10. He was in the world, and the world was made by him(remember the world was created by the word and that word was christ), and the world knew him not.
11. He came unto his own(christ who is the word, was spoken into mary and she concieved and the word came in human flesh), and his own recieved him not.
12. But as many as recieved him(male and female, black or white, christian, muslim etc), to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believes on his name:
13. Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of man, but of God.''

study that scripture well and you'd understand better! It's john the beloved speaking here...your quote was that of paul. If you read paul's history, he will tell you his own side and tell you God's word itself! It left to you to choose but if you choose his and he's wrong, he'd deny you that day coz it is stated in the bible that he speaks of himself....and gave you the truth as well to make your decision!

My explanations are the ones in parenthesis! I've got alot to say but make i looks comments too wink

God help us all...

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 18, 2016
No. An emphatic No. The bible is clear on that. If a woman leads your church, politely ask her on what basis is she leading? Certainly not the bible so what? Then nothing else is truth in the bible if some are more truthful than others.
makedisciples:
Is there any woman after Christ allowed to head the Church? Is there any example of a woman who headed a Church in the Bible?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by otokx(m): 9:55am On Sep 18, 2016
Truth is bitter.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by LuvU2: 9:56am On Sep 18, 2016
No it isnt right na. God said he doesnt want a woman heading a church, his church, who re we to dispute that?
Even sef, if i see a woman-pastor i simply make every effort not to worship in her church cos she hs no biblical basis for pastoring smiley

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by jodavid(m): 9:56am On Sep 18, 2016
900warriorz:

12. But as many as recieved him(male and female, black or white, christian, muslim etc), to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believes on his name:
Being a son of God is not the same as being the head of a church..So I think your argument is deviated
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 18, 2016
So are you saying the epistles are less valid? The bible is clear on how a church should be run and organised. Women have distinct roles that men cannot do. The verse you quoted only shows that anyone can become a believer not a church leader.
You are rather the one misquoting and misinterpreting the bible. If you do not accept what Paul says about church organisation, why don't you reject what he says about salvation?
900warriorz:
don't misquote the bible for people and start making people leave churches headed by women. They can be godly women too...just like we have godly me heading the church..

John 1 vs 10 - 13 says and i quote
''10. He was in the world, and the world was made by him(remember the world was created by the word and that word was christ), and the world knew him not.
11. He came unto his own(christ who is the word, was spoken into mary and she concieved and the word came in human flesh), and his own recieved him not.

study that scripture well and you'd understand better! It's john the beloved speaking here...your quote was that of paul. If you read paul's history, he will tell you his own side and tell you God's word itself! It left to you to choose but if you choose his ad he's wrog, he'd dey you that day coz it is stated in the bible that he speaks of himself....and gave you the truth as well to make your decision!

God help us all...

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by etenyong(m): 9:56am On Sep 18, 2016
johnydon22:

Thanks so much for bringing this passage to enlighten some people. In new testament, a woman is not permitted to lead or head a church.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Kgdavid(m): 10:10am On Sep 18, 2016
kolaish:
CHRIST WAS NEVER AGAINST ANY WOMAN LEADING, SHE HAS NEVER REBUKED ANY WOMAN FOR PLAYING LEADERSHIP POSITION IN THE CHURCH. CHRIST MAY NOT WANT ANY CONTROVERSY TO TEAR APART HIS MINISTRY DUE TO JEWISH LAW THAT FORBIDS WOMAN TO LEAD, PROBABLY THAT ACCOUNTS FOR THE REASON WHY THERE IS NO WOMAN IN HIS 12 DISCIPLES.

THE CRUCIAL POINTS ARE, HAS GOD EVER BEEN ANNOYED WITH A WOMAN BEING A PROPHET. Consider the following

1. MIRIAM

“Then the prophet Miriam, Aaron’s sister, took a tambourine in her hand; and all the women went out after her with tambourines and with dancing. And Miriam sang to them: ‘Sing to the LORD, for he has triumphed gloriously; horse and rider he has thrown into the sea’” (Exodus 15:20-21).

2. DEBORAH - was a prophetess and a judge in Israel

“At that time Deborah, a prophetess, wife of Lappidoth, was judging Israel. She used to sit under the palm of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in the hill country of Ephraim; and the Israelites came up to her for judgment” (Judges 4:4-5).

3. Isaiah wife was a prophetess - Isaiah 8:3

4. Huldah was a prophetess - 2 Kings 22:14

5. Noadiah was a prophetess

“Remember Tobiah and Sanballat, O my God, according to these things that they did, and also the prophetess Noadiah and the rest of the prophets who wanted to make me afraid” (Nehemiah 6:14).

Being a prophet or prophetess does not mean you are a church leader. Anyone in the body can have the gift of prophecy or have the office of a prophet, but may not be called to be the leader of a church.

Now concerning your suggestion that Jesus may have tried to avoid upsetting the jews, i will ask you to read your bible again. Jesus was no pleaser of man! And if being a prophetess meant being a leader in the way you are suggesting then why would the jews have had any issues with Jesus having female leaders, or with there being females among His 12 disciples, given that there is indeed a significant history of female prophetesses?

Now, we have spoken about what you think, let us talk about what the bible actuallly says in very clear terms:

1. 1 Cor 14: 34-35

34Womenf should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 35If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.g

36Or did the word of God originate with you? Or are you the only people it has reached? 37If anyone thinks they are a prophet or otherwise gifted by the Spirit, let them acknowledge that what I am writing to you is the Lord’s command.

2. Tim 2:11-12

A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 11Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. 11A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. 11Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 11A woman should learn in silence with full submission.
12I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.

do i need to say more?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by haryomikun(m): 10:10am On Sep 18, 2016
VocalWalls:
Nothing wrong with it.
Lool. Make una answer wetin johnnydon write oh
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by JSoE(f): 10:12am On Sep 18, 2016
Iseoluwani:

It z better to be quiet than act folly
So you're implying that women will act foolish if allowed to talk. Hehehe...
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by haryomikun(m): 10:13am On Sep 18, 2016
Kgdavid:

A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 11Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. 11A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. 11Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 11A woman should learn in silence with full submission.
12I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.

do i need to say more?

You don't need to say anymore boss. Make dem Christians answer wetin dem dey fear.

I had this argument back then in 100l sef.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by 900warriorz: 10:14am On Sep 18, 2016
jodavid:

Being a son of God is not the same as being the head of a church..So I think your argument is deviated

first, who is the head of the church?
What are others in the church meant to do sice christ is the head of the church or you wana say God doesn't call women?
Well, God can use anyone to lead...once you make yourself a vessel for him to use, he'd use you...the women that led in the bible, did they call themselves? If you are a leader and you are not a son of God, what does that make you? Bro, the word of God is deep! Let's not argue superficially or a even argue at all..

Let us pray God open our eyes and heart to see the truth..
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by oshaosha2014(m): 10:16am On Sep 18, 2016
Remember Jesus went against all of their doctrines that were not of God. So, having a woman to head the disciples wouldn't be a hard thing for him to do. To prove their tradition wrong, Jesus would have come as a woman to save his people. Women have their place.

kolaish:
CHRIST WAS NEVER AGAINST ANY WOMAN LEADING, SHE HAS NEVER REBUKED ANY WOMAN FOR PLAYING LEADERSHIP POSITION IN THE CHURCH. CHRIST MAY NOT WANT ANY CONTROVERSY TO TEAR APART HIS MINISTRY DUE TO JEWISH LAW THAT FORBIDS WOMAN TO LEAD, PROBABLY THAT ACCOUNTS FOR THE REASON WHY THERE IS NO WOMAN IN HIS 12 DISCIPLES.

THE CRUCIAL POINTS ARE, HAS GOD EVER BEEN ANNOYED WITH A WOMAN BEING A PROPHET. Consider the following

1. MIRIAM

“Then the prophet Miriam, Aaron’s sister, took a tambourine in her hand; and all the women went out after her with tambourines and with dancing. And Miriam sang to them: ‘Sing to the LORD, for he has triumphed gloriously; horse and rider he has thrown into the sea’” (Exodus 15:20-21).

“At that time Deborah, a prophetess, wife of Lappidoth, was judging Israel. She used to sit under the palm of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in the hill country of Ephraim; and the Israelites came up to her for judgment” (Judges 4:4-5).

“Remember Tobiah and Sanballat, O my God, according to these things that they did, and also the prophetess Noadiah and the rest of the prophets who wanted to make me afraid” (Nehemiah 6:14).
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Handsomecole(m): 10:18am On Sep 18, 2016
Well as a Roman Catholic Christian , it's not allowed in the church, Infact it has not happened and can never happen. Although they have key roles to play. i.e assisting the priest in giving holy communion, in Altar activities, but they can never be allowed to lead nor preach in the church.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 18, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
I hate the bible undecided tongue
ahhh u shud na...as ya name implies u dey...
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 18, 2016
Brother U av good knowledge of d Bible n dat is so commendable but question is it Biblical for a woman to end a church,those U mention r prophetess but never go into d temple nt for anytin either in d old testament or in d new testament dree is no post foa woman in d church so preaching when an adult male is dree is out of it talkmore of heading a chyrch it is totally nt Biblical according to 1cor 14 vs 34 women should be silent in d church talkmore of heading d church is unbilical
kolaish:

1. MIRIAM

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Objectives: 10:50am On Sep 18, 2016
johnydon22:

grin grin
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Niceiroko: 11:13am On Sep 18, 2016
chiefolododo:
If she is called of God to do so
as Christ d head of d chch so is man d head of d family woman has no place der
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 18, 2016
Has hatred shutdown ur comprehension?
neocortex:

So much hate for women from a supposedly loving "god".

Is this not another proof that the "god" concept is as misogynistic as the society
that invented it ?
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by ever811(m): 11:30am On Sep 18, 2016
makedisciples:
I said after the coming of Jesus. As at the time Christianity started
oga...
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 18, 2016
LuvU2:
No it isnt right na. God said he doesnt want a woman heading a church, his church, who re we to dispute that?
Even sef, if i see a woman-pastor i simply make every effort not to worship in her church cos she hs no biblical basis for pastoring smiley

This one (and many other women) has fully accepted her second class status.

What a fucking shame!
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by KardinalZik(m): 11:50am On Sep 18, 2016
raphieMontella:

34 the women should keep quiet in the meetings. They
are not allowed to speak; as the Jewish Law says,
they must not be in charge. 35 If they want to find out about something, they should ask their
husbands at home. It is a disgraceful thing for a
woman to speak in a church meeting

you didnt finish it sire

Kai....i really love the ending part of it. IT IS A DISGRACEFUL THING FOR A WOMAN TO SPEAK IN A CHURCH MEETING! Gbam!!!

It is not about other places. Women may claim gender equality elsewhere, but not on the pulpit! That is solely reserved for men. They MUST NOT SPEAK IN THE CHURCH!!!!
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by KardinalZik(m): 11:56am On Sep 18, 2016
neocortex:

So much hate for women from a supposedly loving "god".

Is this not another proof that the "god" concept is as misogynistic as the society
that invented it ?

It is not hatred. U get it wrong.
Rather, it is because a woman was created as a help, and not as a lord. Just check out from the book of Genesis for yourself.

The purpose of creating a woman never included leading, and that's why most women given the responsibility of leading fail. That responsibility is solely for the man. Whereas women's responsibility is that of an helper.

#JustTooSimpliflied

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by hrhobi1(m): 12:00pm On Sep 18, 2016
Any man who attends any church headed by a woman is a fool.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by KardinalZik(m): 12:17pm On Sep 18, 2016
nmreports:
For me, there isnt any law that says women should not head a chuch in the new testament.

Simple as ABC. No point quoting scriptures.

Maybe you have to read these, and then tell me whether it is in the new testament or not:

A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. But women will be saved through childbearing—if

1 Corinthians 14:34-35 KJV
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. [35] And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

Except if you want to go to war with the Bible, I think this is also as simple as ABC.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors / Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained / Bishop Daniel Yisa: "The Change Buhari Brought Is Changing Criminals To Saints"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.