Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,142 members, 7,838,906 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? (17880 Views)

Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF / Is It Proper For A Woman To Dress This Way And Preach On God's Alter? (Photo) / Zimbabwean Prophet Pays Man & Woman To Fake Getting Stuck During Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by rhektor(m): 12:30pm On Sep 18, 2016
makedisciples:
I said after the coming of Jesus. As at the time Christianity started

Galatians 3:28-29, Colossians 3:11

We don't need to discriminate between people either about their gender or race. We are one in Christ
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by achorladey: 12:31pm On Sep 18, 2016
Who is a Deacon and who is a Bishop? When you define that then go to 1 Timothy 3 : 1 - 14 and see the requirements for being one. When you are able to discern the requirements then answer the question yourself who is expected to lead.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by rhektor(m): 12:33pm On Sep 18, 2016
johnydon22:
Timothy 2:11-15

A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not
permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she
must be quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam
was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and
became a sinner. But women will be saved through childbearing—if
they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

1st Corinthians 14:34

Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak,
but must be in submission, as the law says.

[/b]"i do not permit "[b] not God do not permit

How about Colossians 3:11 and Galatians 3:28-29?
No part of the Bible can be understood I'm isolation. We are all the same in Christ.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by nurusystem(m): 12:37pm On Sep 18, 2016
chiefolododo:
If she is called of God to do so

There is nothing like call is just a way of confusing people to have false prophets
Paul said
1st Corinthians 14:34 Women should remain silent in the churches.
They are not allowed to speak,
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by chiefolododo(m): 12:39pm On Sep 18, 2016
Okay
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by samsard(m): 12:54pm On Sep 18, 2016
Iseoluwani:

It z better to be quiet than act folly
You are obviously the fool arrogating wisdom to his self.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by kolaish(m): 1:27pm On Sep 18, 2016
God has never rebuked any woman for leadership role. DEBORAH WAS A PROPHET AND A JUDGE IN ISRAEL. God can decide to use anyone that pleases him (man or woman) - ACTS 10:34. I have attended a Church where a woman was a pastor and was greatly amazed of the presence of the holy spirit on the woman pastor.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by TMANO: 1:32pm On Sep 18, 2016
This is why i say you can not understand spiritual things with a carnal mind. pls pray for understanding before you read the bible. Maybe also take time to google or read about the local tradition of the ancient jews & the different tribes in the bible. Read Galatians 3 vs 23-to-29...

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by TMANO: 1:39pm On Sep 18, 2016
rhektor:

No part of the Bible can be understood I'm isolation. We are all the same in Christ.

Thank you. God bLess You

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by tammyreuben(m): 1:44pm On Sep 18, 2016
FIVE WAYS YOU CAN SAY 'THANK YOU' IN ENGLISH.

My recent obsession with the English language has tremendously increased my love for the language. If there is any language that is never short of vocabularies, it is the English language as there are many words or synonyms for describing a particular word.

Today, I will be showing you five different ways you can say 'thank you' in English instead of sticking to the conventional style.
See them here:
http://www.tammysenglishblog.com/2016/09/five-ways-to-say-you-in-english.html?m=0

Always visit www.tammysenglishblog.com for your free English tutorials
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Harinholar(f): 1:47pm On Sep 18, 2016
If she is called by God no problem she wll even perform far better that a man.....But I have always noticed Pride in dem don't knw y ...u knw we women atimes......***
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by osita456(m): 1:49pm On Sep 18, 2016
johnydon22:

this was written to alleviate extremisms in the church. If she is the one with the call, then she should be the overseer of her call. Or are you saying God does not call women?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 18, 2016
flamingREED:

Excepting De'brah,
None of those people headed the church.

And talking about Deborah,
It's out of necessity that she took the responsibility.

Unless there's no living church around,
Otherwise such feminine ambition expired the day Paul penned down the following:

1 Timothy 2
11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

12 BUT I SUFFER NOT A WOMAN TO TEACH, NOR TO USURP AUTHORITY OVER THE MAN, BUT TO BE IN SILENCE.

From the apostles to the last of church leaders we find in the Bible,
There was no woman.

But women have their roles in the church:

They can lend a helping hand to the leadership-

Romans 16
3 Greet PRISCILLA and Aquila my HELPERS in Christ Jesus:

They MUST teach younger women:

Titus 2
3 THE AGED WOMEN LIKEWISE, THAT THEY BE IN BEHAVIOUR AS BECOMETH HOLINESS, NOT FALSE ACCUSERS, NOT GIVEN TO MUCH WINE, TEACHERS OF GOOD THINGS;
4 THAT THEY MAY TEACH THE YOUNG WOMEN TO BE SOBER, TO LOVE THEIR HUSBANDS, TO LOVE THEIR CHILDREN,
5 TO BE DISCREET, CHASTE, KEEPERS AT HOME, GOOD, OBEDIENT TO THEIR OWN HUSBANDS, THAT THE WORD OF GOD BE NOT BLASPHEMED.

They MUST raise up seasoned ministers from childhood:

2 Timothy 1
5 When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also.

2 Timothy 3
15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Most importantly,
They shouldn't put be stumbling block on the men's calling like this:

Revelation 2
20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to SEDUCE my servants to COMMIT FORNICATION, and to EAT THINGS SACRIFICED UNTO IDOLS.

(meanwhile some of them tell us to eat Salah meat - they're deceived anyway)

In the picture below I don't find any woman:
About 'salah meat'

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Reference(m): 2:27pm On Sep 18, 2016
If by 'church' you mean a gathering of people practicing the Christian religion as registered by the CAC then you may ask the goveroent but if you mean a person or group of persons united with Christ then it is obvious. There was no seperate program of creation, man and woman have the same kind of soul, are subject to the same laws, will be judged by the same Word and will go to the same heaven. Where does the disparity come from if not the entity that seeks constant division and destruction of all God does. Man and woman are equal before God in all things.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by speedyo: 2:31pm On Sep 18, 2016
The best time to make that all important immigration decision is now.
USA Immigration simplified for Gospel ministers & Church workers .
Visit www.rvisaguide.com

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by femi4: 2:34pm On Sep 18, 2016
makedisciples:
Is there any woman after Christ allowed to head the Church? Is there any example of a woman who headed a Church in the Bible?
Deborah led a city
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Rajosh(m): 3:24pm On Sep 18, 2016
johnydon22:

that's the part of paul's teachings I don't agree with. If it were so, why did God empower women to preach the gospel. Women like Maria Woodworth-Etter, Aimee Semple McPherson, Kathryn Kuhlman etc.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Lukay99: 3:26pm On Sep 18, 2016
kolaish:
CHRIST WAS NEVER AGAINST ANY WOMAN LEADING, SHE HAS NEVER REBUKED ANY WOMAN FOR PLAYING LEADERSHIP POSITION IN THE CHURCH. CHRIST MAY NOT WANT ANY CONTROVERSY TO TEAR APART HIS MINISTRY DUE TO JEWISH LAW THAT FORBIDS WOMAN TO LEAD, PROBABLY THAT ACCOUNTS FOR THE REASON WHY THERE IS NO WOMAN IN HIS 12 DISCIPLES.

THE CRUCIAL POINTS ARE, HAS GOD EVER BEEN ANNOYED WITH A WOMAN BEING A PROPHET. Consider the following

1. MIRIAM

“Then the prophet Miriam, Aaron’s sister, took a tambourine in her hand; and all the women went out after her with tambourines and with dancing. And Miriam sang to them: ‘Sing to the LORD, for he has triumphed gloriously; horse and rider he has thrown into the sea’” (Exodus 15:20-21).

2. DEBORAH - was a prophetess and a judge in Israel

“At that time Deborah, a prophetess, wife of Lappidoth, was judging Israel. She used to sit under the palm of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in the hill country of Ephraim; and the Israelites came up to her for judgment” (Judges 4:4-5).

3. Isaiah wife was a prophetess - Isaiah 8:3

4. Huldah was a prophetess - 2 Kings 22:14

5. Noadiah was a prophetess

“Remember Tobiah and Sanballat, O my God, according to these things that they did, and also the prophetess Noadiah and the rest of the prophets who wanted to make me afraid” (Nehemiah 6:14).

People like you needs to be very careful whenever you speak about God or religion, even though I'm a Muslim I still think Christianity should be strictly based on the Bible and not based on your so called personal ideology same way my ideology doesn't count in any religion but what always count is the original religious texts like the Bible for Christianity or Quran for Islam. Based on what you said above in the bold you're not even sure about what you're saying that was why you said Jesus(saw) "May not want controversy", you're really not so sure yourself, are you now telling us your faith is based on assumption?

Let's say you're right for the sake of argument are you now saying Jesus(saw) was actually not in support of the Jewish Moses(saw) Laws that was before his arrival ? Then my last question to you is how do now explain this Bible verses below

Matthew 5:17-20English Standard Version (ESV)

Christ Came to Fulfill the Law
17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

19 Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Note: I'm only quoting the direct word of Jesus(saw) but you on the other hand you're speaking based on your ideology.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Kunlexxxx(m): 4:14pm On Sep 18, 2016
This is a very good topic for discuss. Women are never allowed to be the head of the Church, they can hold leadership positions like being the treasurer, bible study teacher, leader of women fellowship etc, but to be the presiding pastor? Hell NO!. It is only in this dispensation of the so-called “pentecostal churches” which I prefer to call “new generation churches” you'll see such abnormaly. Checkout all old churches such as Catholics, Anglican, Ecwa, CCC, Methodist, CAC, TAC, etc, you'll never find a woman as the residing pastor of their parishes.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by johnydon22(m): 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2016
rhektor:

Meaning the bible passages are just opinions of the writers [whom ever they were] not any Holy spirit.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by johnydon22(m): 4:36pm On Sep 18, 2016
osita456:
this was written to alleviate extremisms in the church. If she is the one with the call, then she should be the overseer of her call. Or are you saying God does not call women?

The quoted scripture was explicit enough

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by johnydon22(m): 4:37pm On Sep 18, 2016
Rajosh:
that's the part of paul's teachings I don't agree with. If it were so, why did God empower women to preach the gospel. Women like Maria Woodworth-Etter, Aimee Semple McPherson, Kathryn Kuhlman etc.

Hhmmm are you in any way suggesting Paul was not inspired by the Holy spirit, God or Jesus - he only gave his opinion?

If so then this voids the belief that the bible is the word of God or breathed inspiration by the Holy ghost.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by johnydon22(m): 4:39pm On Sep 18, 2016
900warriorz:
don't misquote the bible for people and start making people leave churches headed by women. They can be godly women too...just like we have godly me heading the church..

John 1 vs 10 - 13 says and i quote
''10. He was in the world, and the world was made by him(remember the world was created by the word and that word was christ), and the world knew him not.
11. He came unto his own(christ who is the word, was spoken into mary and she concieved and the word came in human flesh), and his own recieved him not.
12. But as many as recieved him(male and female, black or white, christian, muslim etc), to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believes on his name:
13. Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of man, but of God.''

study that scripture well and you'd understand better! It's john the beloved speaking here...your quote was that of paul. If you read paul's history, he will tell you his own side and tell you God's word itself! It left to you to choose but if you choose his and he's wrong, he'd deny you that day coz it is stated in the bible that he speaks of himself....and gave you the truth as well to make your decision!

My explanations are the ones in parenthesis! I've got alot to say but make i looks comments too wink

God help us all...

If you cannot explain it simply then you don't understand it well enough - if you believe the part of the scripture you want and dismiss others then it's not the scripture you believe but yourself.

It seems you are not comfortable with the obvious misogyny shown in these verses.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by LuvU2: 4:44pm On Sep 18, 2016
LucifersTongue:

This one (and many other women) has fully accepted her second class status.

What a fucking shame!
2nd class according to luciferstongue grin

Abeg go sit down ***do undecided
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Rajosh(m): 6:00pm On Sep 18, 2016
johnydon22:

Hhmmm are you in any way suggesting Paul was not inspired by the Holy spirit, God or Jesus - he only gave his opinion?

If so then this voids the belief that the bible is the word of God or breathed inspiration by the Holy ghost.
That's why I'm confused as to all part of the bible being written by inspiration. I think that part may have been his own personal opinion.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Iseoluwani: 6:05pm On Sep 18, 2016
JSoE:

So you're implying that women will act foolish if allowed to talk.
Hehehe...

Pack well
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Iseoluwani: 6:10pm On Sep 18, 2016
Harinholar:
If she is called by God no problem she wll even perform far better that a man.....But I have always noticed Pride in dem don't knw y ...u knw we women atimes......***

You get sense wella. Pride na big problem for women. They can't manage praise and sugar coated mouth
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by johnydon22(m): 6:50pm On Sep 18, 2016
Rajosh:
That's why I'm confused as to all part of the bible being written by inspiration. I think that part may have been his own personal opinion.

Ok so any part of the bible you don't agree with, any part that is obviously disturbing may not have been inspired but the parts that seem ok to you must have been?

Is there a chance that it might have all being their varying opinions? after all these were letters

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 18, 2016
You grossly misinterpret what is literal in meaning.
rhektor:

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 18, 2016
All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, so that everyone who belongs to God may be proficient, equipped for every good work. (2 Tim 3:16-17) The moment you don't agree with any part, you implicitly deny the validity and authority of all Scripture. The chaos in christianity today is as a result of people running churches based on their feelings that coincide with Scripture and disregard what they do not like. I cannot agree with women leading ministries because it is what the Word of God says and I align with the God that inspired the Bible because God is NOT an author of confusion (1 Cor 14:33). Can a woman be my boss? certainly. Can she lead the country, Yes, certainly but NOT a church I would attend.
Rajosh:

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 18, 2016
Something that is literal in meaning, you want to add esoteric interpretations to it. Is God the author of confusion? see 1 Cor 14:33 Or isn't all Scripture breathed by God anymore? see 2 Tim 3:16.
osita456:

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by JSoE(f): 7:30pm On Sep 18, 2016
Iseoluwani:

Pack well
SMH. Your case no be here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors / Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained / Bishop Daniel Yisa: "The Change Buhari Brought Is Changing Criminals To Saints"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.