Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,262 members, 7,839,327 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? (17884 Views)

Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF / Is It Proper For A Woman To Dress This Way And Preach On God's Alter? (Photo) / Zimbabwean Prophet Pays Man & Woman To Fake Getting Stuck During Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by johnydon22(m): 3:25pm On Sep 19, 2016
osita456:
then answer the question: does God call women

I do not know, all i know God has never been visible or audible. But as the defintion go if it doesn't call women then doesn't that make it a misogynist? if it does - i think it makes more sense that a creator of the universe is above discrimination

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by osita456(m): 12:26am On Sep 20, 2016
herald9:

Why so, Miss?
You need us Ma to make your threads exciting and keep you on your toes.
Otherwise, it will be filled with, 'amen', 'I believe, amen', 'thank you Op' and other mono and bi-syllabic contributions that won't even make sense.

Do you have sense at all. If what you want is trouble you will get it. Then you will have sense.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by osita456(m): 12:45am On Sep 20, 2016
johnydon22:

I do not know, all i know God has never been visible or audible. But as the defintion go if it doesn't call women then doesn't that make it a misogynist? if it does - i think it makes more sense that a creator of the universe is above discrimination
sorry, the question is not for you. Mr misogynist
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by makedisciples: 4:18am On Sep 20, 2016
Wow! Are u serious? Have u seen this scripture 1st Corinthians 14:34-35 and 1 Timothy 2:9-15?
femi4:
Deborah led a city
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by makedisciples: 4:21am On Sep 20, 2016
Have u read 1 timothy 2:9-15 and 1 corinthians 14:34-35?
rhektor:

Galatians 3:28-29, Colossians 3:11

We don't need to discriminate between people either about their gender or race. We are one in Christ
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by makedisciples: 4:21am On Sep 20, 2016
Sir
ever811:
oga...
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by femi4: 4:23am On Sep 20, 2016
makedisciples:
Wow! Are u serious? Have u seen this scripture 1st Corinthians 14:34-35 and 1 Timothy 2:9-15?
I have seen them and it was misinterpreted out of context.

There is no discrimination in Christ Jesus
Gal 3:26-28

So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

You should be able to know when Paul was expressing his own view and when its a command from the Lord.

For example, In 1 Cor 7, compare verse 1-11 and verse 12-14

10 To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband.

11 But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.

12 To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her.

13 And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him.

14 For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

Now, lets go back to your scripture and see if its a command or Paul's opinion:

12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.

The bolded shows that this was Paul's opinion, we didn't see The Lord does not permit or I command you not to allow
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by makedisciples: 6:59am On Sep 20, 2016
Are u for real bro? No one is talking about discrimination here. Women were given a command which you read. Why do u bring in human philosophy and logic into the word of God? That is a plain command not discrimination. And Jesus did not choose a woman as an apostle. We heard of Naomi, Mary, martha and all women in the Bible none of them became heads of any congregation. Why bring philosophy to the word?
femi4:

So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

You should be able to know when Paul was expressing his own view and when its a command from the Lord.

10 To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband.

11 But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.

12 To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her.

13 And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him.

14 For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.

The bolded shows that this was Paul's opinion, we didn't see The Lord does not permit or I command you not to allow

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by femi4: 7:13am On Sep 20, 2016
makedisciples:
Are u for real bro? No one is talking about discrimination here. Women were given a command which you read. Why do u bring in human philosophy and logic into the word of God? That is a plain command not discrimination. And Jesus did not choose a woman as an apostle. We heard of Naomi, Mary, martha and all women in the Bible none of them became heads of any congregation. Why bring philosophy to the word?
I don't expect you to agree. I have shown to you what a command look like. I repeat, it wasn't a COMMMAND.

I guess Deborah was missing in your Bible. What a bias minded fellow. I ll appreciate it if you don't quote me again.

Good day!
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by makedisciples: 7:23am On Sep 20, 2016
You dont seem to be a Christian. Just a random rude rooster
femi4:
I don't expect you to agree. I have shown to you what a command look like. I repeat, it wasn't a COMMMAND.

I guess Deborah was missing in your Bible. What a bias minded fellow. I ll appreciate it if you don't quote me again.

Good day!
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by herald9: 8:06am On Sep 20, 2016
osita456:

Do you have sense at all. If what you want is trouble you will get it. Then you will have sense.
sense
noun (plural senses)
- Any of the manners by which living beings perceive the physical world: for humans sight, smell, hearing, touch, taste.
- Perception through the intellect; apprehension; awareness.
- The meaning, reason, or value of something.
- To use biological senses: to either smell, watch, taste, hear or feel.
- To instinctively be aware.

Which of them do you mean?

And nobody has a monopoly over troublemaking. In fact, I'm causing you trouble now and will always do tongue
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by osita456(m): 11:42am On Sep 20, 2016
herald9:

sense
noun (plural senses)
- Any of the manners by which living beings perceive the physical world: for humans sight, smell, hearing, touch, taste.
- Perception through the intellect; apprehension; awareness.
- The meaning, reason, or value of something.
- To use biological senses: to either smell, watch, taste, hear or feel.
- To instinctively be aware.

Which of them do you mean?

And nobody has a monopoly over troublemaking. In fact, I'm causing you trouble now and will always do tongue
Fine, trouble you want, trouble you will get. It will not destroy you, it will be there until you learn.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 20, 2016
femi4:

The bible is consistent. Always is. Here: As in all the churches of the saints, women should be silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate, as the law also says. If there is anything they desire to know, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church. Or did the word of God originate with you? Or are you the only ones it has reached?
Your 'Paul's opinion' analogy would have been considered if he didn't go on to say: Anyone who claims to be a prophet, or to have spiritual powers, must acknowledge that what I am writing to you is a command of the Lord. Anyone who does not recognize this is not to be recognized[/b] (1 Cor 14:37-38)
So yes, Paul said it is a command of the Lord.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 20, 2016
Errm, sorry, it is a command from the Lord (1 Cor 14:37-38)
femi4:
I don't expect you to agree. I have shown to you what a command look like. I repeat, it wasn't a COMMAND.

Good day!
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by rhektor(m): 7:45pm On Sep 20, 2016
makedisciples:
Have u read 1 timothy 2:9-15 and 1 corinthians 14:34-35?

I have read it, it is the reason for this argument

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors / Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained / Bishop Daniel Yisa: "The Change Buhari Brought Is Changing Criminals To Saints"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.