Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,274 members, 7,839,366 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? (17886 Views)

Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF / Is It Proper For A Woman To Dress This Way And Preach On God's Alter? (Photo) / Zimbabwean Prophet Pays Man & Woman To Fake Getting Stuck During Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 18, 2016
Every believer is called by God, so yes, God calls women as well as men but God is NOT an author of confusion (1 Cor 14:33) and the Scripture is clear about church leadership and organisation.
The truth is staring at your face but you rather choose a god that will open your eyes and heart to misinterpret God's breathed Scripture? (2 Tim 3:16). Good luck
900warriorz:
first, who is the head of the church?
What are others in the church meant to do sice christ is the head of the church or you wana say God doesn't call women?
Well, God can use anyone to lead...once you make yourself a vessel for him to use, he'd use you...the women that led in the bible, did they call themselves? If you are a leader and you are not a son of God, what does that make you? Bro, the word of God is deep! Let's not argue superficially or a even argue at all..

Let us pray God open our eyes and heart to see the truth..

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Iseoluwani: 7:39pm On Sep 18, 2016
JSoE:

SMH.
Your case no be here

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by achorladey: 7:40pm On Sep 18, 2016
What is the requirements needed for an overseer as recorded in the Bible. You know that!!!! then you answer the question correctly.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by orisa37: 7:50pm On Sep 18, 2016
Yes.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by muller101(m): 8:05pm On Sep 18, 2016
Muslims will comment freely here. But u can't do that on islam related thread. Is seun a religious bigot?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by rhektor(m): 9:34pm On Sep 18, 2016
TheSixthSense:
You grossly misinterpret what is literal in meaning.

Bro give me a better interpretation of it, I am still learning until I come to the fullness of the measure of christ
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by rhektor(m): 9:38pm On Sep 18, 2016
johnydon22:

Meaning the bible passages are just opinions of the writers [whom ever they were] not any Holy spirit.

You are very wrong sir, all scriptures is given by the inspiration of God
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Achorise: 9:54pm On Sep 18, 2016
johnydon22:
Timothy 2:11-15

A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not
permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she
must be quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam
was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and
became a sinner. But women will be saved through childbearing—if
they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

1st Corinthians 14:34

Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak,
but must be in submission, as the law says.
was it as a commandment or advice? why would God use great woman like Catherine Nkuma,

Also the bible said no slave or free and no Jew or gentile and no male or female.
could you please explain to me? Please not an argument or quarrel just simply explanation, cos some people on this forum lack manners.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by enchantedone(f): 10:26pm On Sep 18, 2016
herald9:
I think amongst all the Nigerian pastors, it's Pastor Chris that is really in tune with the reality of the Bible.

Dude said creating a woman was not God's original plan, it was rather an afterthought.
And that a husband does not mean the male partner in marriage, it means 'master'.

I think all these Bible portions above lend credence to his assertions and considering the fact that the Christian God doesn't even have a wife, talk less of female angels.

Some people be attacking him when they don't even have an acute understanding of the foundation and philosophy of Judaism cum Christianity.
please for d sake of peace,let oga seun allow only Christians to make comments on d Christian section just d same way Muslims can only comment on d Islamic section. because there is no fairness when one religion's views are highly respected, while d other religion is d subject of mockery during any religious discussion

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by herald9: 10:51pm On Sep 18, 2016
enchantedone:
please for d sake of peace,let oga seun allow only Christians to make comments on d Christian section just d same way Muslims can only comment on d Islamic section. because there is no fairness when one religion's views are highly respected, while d other religion is d subject of mockery during any religious discussion
Why so, Miss?
You need us Ma to make your threads exciting and keep you on your toes.

Otherwise, it will be filled with, 'amen', 'I believe, amen', 'thank you Op' and other mono and bi-syllabic contributions that won't even make sense.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by enchantedone(f): 11:29pm On Sep 18, 2016
herald9:

Why so, Miss?
You need us Ma to make your threads exciting and keep you on your toes.

Otherwise, it will be filled with, 'amen', 'I believe, amen', 'thank you Op' and other mono and bi-syllabic contributions that won't even make sense.
ur contributions are only exciting to atheists and not Christians. if atheists need to discuss, u guys should create ur own section. the mono and bi-syllabic contributions u earlier made mention of makes sense to christians and it is not meant to make sense to u because u are obviously not. pls hit like if u are a Christian and u don't like d anti-christian and christianophobic comments on our section.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by herald9: 12:03am On Sep 19, 2016
enchantedone:
ur contributions are only exciting to atheists and not Christians. if atheists need to discuss, u guys should create ur own section. the mono and bi-syllabic contributions u earlier made mention of makes sense to christians and it is not meant to make sense to u because u are obviously not. pls hit like if u are a Christian and u don't like d anti-christian and christianophobic comments on our section.
I should hit like? Funny lady. I see you're actually new on Nairaland.

I make the inciting comments cause I like them grin
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by engrgordon(m): 1:05am On Sep 19, 2016
When the Bible stated in Heb. 13:5 “that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever, it spoke of the eternal and unchanging word of the Bible. But as we see today, human wisdom seeks to update and distort the word of God to fit man’s own designs and wishes, not respecting God as the author of the inspired Bible.
Such is the case advanced in arguing for greater roles for women in the church in this “modern” era that we live in.
From the very beginning God has set in motion his ideal home environment, where man is the head of the household. In 1 Tim. 2:14, the apostle Paul gave two reasons why he forbids women to teach (have authority) over man. Firstly, Adam was created before Eve. Secondly, Eve’s actions led to Adam’s downfall, she was deceived and had fallen into sin. Also, Eve was to be the help mate of Adam, (Gen. 2:cool. Animals being created before man is not important since man is not the help mate of animals. Man has dominion over animals.
When Eve sinned and caused the fall of man, God in addressing Eve decreed that in Gen. 3:16, “And thy desire shall be unto they husband and he shall rule over thee.” The woman was to respect the authority of the man, the man was to respect and love his helpmate.
Looking back at Gen. 3:9, when God appeared at the scene of the fall of man, he spoke and addressed Adam first, the head of the household, not Eve. When he spoke to Adam he affirmed that Adam, as the head of the household, had failed to exercise his authority over Eve. When God spoke to Eve, he confirms that she should not take the lead in spiritual matters.
HEADSHIP
In 1 Cor. 11:3, Paul clearly states that “the head of man is Christ and the head of every woman is the man and the head of Christ is God.” There can be no situation or occasion or circumstance where this order can be any different or altered. There is just no way for man to be over Christ or Christ to be over God or woman to be over man.
Let’s see the similar connection at stated in Eph. 5:23. “For the husband is the head of the house as also Christ is the head of the church and He is the saviour of the body”.
The feminists and their cronies have misconstrued this passage to tailor their own agenda. To them “head” in Eph. 5:23, is not the head we assume literally, to them it means origin or source. Thus Christ becomes the source of the church and the husband the source of the wife! This just does not gel.
The lexicon definition for the Greek word in the NT for “head” does not indicate its use in the text to mean “source” or “origin”.
The wife is to submit to her husband because he is the head, the obvious meaning fo
r the word “head” is one in authority, or leader.
Is it therefore any surprise that when a woman marries she drops her maiden surname and adopts her husband’s name? Society in general realises that a married woman, in respect and subjection to her husband, takes on his name. The man does not take on the wife’s name.
ALL ARE PRIESTS - BOTH MEN AND WOMEN
1 Pet. 2:9 - This Scripture states that every Christian is a priest, and the church is called a royal priesthood. Every individual is a priest, but women were not permitted by the Lord to lead in worship. This does not make the women folk any more inferior. There is equality for both men and women, but being equal does not mean being the same. God created them for different roles and functions in the family, in society and in the church.
In a soccer team, all players are equally important but they all have different roles. The strikers to score goals, the defenders to defend, the goal keeper to prevent the opposition from scoring. They all gel into a balanced and efficient team. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are equal, but they do not have the same function and roles, Phil. 2:6.
The apostle Paul clearly stated the prohibitions placed on women in leadership roles. They are:
1 Tim. 2:1-8 - The priority of male leadership is restated, “men pray everywhere...” That women were not to lead in prayers. The context of this verse relates to prayer and teaching, in this gathering for public worship. God gave men the role to lead. The word used is “aner” in Greek that means the male gender, not “anthropos”, the generic term for mankind.
1 Tim. 2:9-12 - Paul spoke of the conduct of women during worship. Women were to adorn themselves in modest apparel, not to teach or usurp authority over men. Can the language be any clearer and plain than this? She was not forbidden to teach completely, she could teach women and children (1 Tim 5:14; Tit. 2:4), but not over man.
1 Tim. 2:11-12 - While still on the subject of conduct in assemblies, women are to learn in quietness and in subjection. Women can and should teach other women and children. Titus 2:3 is referred. 1 Cor. 14:34-35 - Not to speak in public worship assembly, as God’s law places women under the leadership of man. 1 Tim 3:1-12 - She cannot be an elder or deacon as one of the criteria is that they must be the husband of one wife. “If a man desires the office of a bishop, he desires a good work..., Husband of one wife.” “Man”, “he” and “husband” does not apply to women, there can be no other explanation.
The truth about God's word is clear, he who has ear let him obey God's word. God knows his people!!

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Nobody: 1:22am On Sep 19, 2016
"i do not permit " not God do not permit

How about Colossians 3:11 and Galatians 3:28-29?
No part of the Bible can be understood I'm isolation. We are all the same in Christ.
rhektor:

Bro give me a better interpretation of it, I am still learning until I come to the fullness of the measure of christ

We are all learning.
With exception to catholics, the bible is the sole and final authority in christianity and the bible says that All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, so that everyone who belongs to God may be proficient, equipped for every good work. (2 Tim 3:16-17). This means that all you would ever need in life as a christian is contained in Scripture and it has God's endorsement.

That said, the bible is best read literally, for most parts, and not allegorically. Read verses in context - the whole chapter or subsection which contains the verse to get the meaning if there is a misunderstanding -. For the verses you earlier quoted: 'In that renewal there is no longer Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave and free; but Christ is all and in all!' (Col 3:11) Here I highlighted 'in that renewal' because it begs the question: what renewal? So then reading the whole section, it talks about how to live the new life in Christ that unites beyond all ethnic, racial, class and traditional barriers that existed in the old life so that we can all be brethren united in love. It makes no mention of man and woman to be precise. However, verse 18 goes to say 'Wives, be subject to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord'(vs 18)

'There is no longer Jew or Greek, there is no longer slave or free, there is no longer male and female; for all of you are one in Christ Jesus. And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s offspring, heirs according to the promise' (Gal 3:28-29) This is self-explanatory, it supports the earlier verses you mentioned. In context, it explains that there is no discrimination in Christ Jesus, in spite of different ethnic, racial, class, traditional and gender inclinations that may be apparent; stating freedom from the disciplinarian law (that was meant for God's people, Israel) and that christians are no less heirs than the Jews, and also gender neutral, to the promises of Abrahamic covenant.

The order ordained by God has Christ as the head of His church just as the man is head of the woman (Eph 5:23, Col 3:18). In 1 Timothy 3 an overseer should be a husband of one wife. Another translation says '..married only once...'(NRSV). The most contentious verses are 'Let a woman learn in silence with full submission. I permit no woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she is to keep silent.'(1 Tim 2:11-12) and '(As in all the churches of the saints, women should be silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate, as the law also says. If there is anything they desire to know, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church. Or did the word of God originate with you? Or are you the only ones it has reached?) (1 Cor 14:34-36).
In this age of thriving feminism, these would probably cause an 'advanced' woman to cringe in disgust because it may read as a vitriolic sentiment apostle Paul had against women. But Paul goes on to say in verses 37-38: 'anyone who claims to be a prophet, or to have spiritual powers, must acknowledge that what I am writing to you is a command of the Lord. 38 Anyone who does not recognise this is not to be recognised vs37 show that what he said was subject to test. In line with 'test every spirit' and 'spirit of the prophets are subject to the prophets'
A personal observation about Scripture is that a lot of what even Jesus said has references to OT scripture, from His study of the law; even the account of His appearance to Saul. This suggests that they probably tested spirits and testimonies with scripture even then.

Conclusion, can women be better leaders, and over men? Yes, certainly. But not in the church according to Scripture. The word of God is consistent with this order: Christ the head of the church and Man the head of the Woman.
Even if these women say 'we are no longer law but grace and Christ is gender-neutral' I still wouldn't attend such a church because how then would you test such spirit when the church is no longer based on Scripture as final authority? What is based on then? Mama G.O. or her holy spirit? That's why I think it's too risky to be a part of them.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Rajosh(m): 4:20am On Sep 19, 2016
johnydon22:

Ok so any part of the bible you don't agree with, any part that is obviously disturbing may not have been inspired but the parts that seem ok to you must have been?

Is there a chance that it might have all being their varying opinions? after all these were letters
The reason for the confusion is why God empowered some women to lead/start up church(s) if He was against it in the first place

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Rajosh(m): 4:40am On Sep 19, 2016
TheSixthSense:
All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, so that everyone who belongs to God may be proficient, equipped for every good work. (2 Tim 3:16-17) The moment you don't agree with any part, you implicitly deny the validity and authority of all Scripture. The chaos in christianity today is as a result of people running churches based on their feelings that coincide with Scripture and disregard what they do not like. I cannot agree with women leading ministries because it is what the Word of God says and I align with the God that inspired the Bible because God is NOT an author of confusion (1 Cor 14:33). Can a woman be my boss? certainly. Can she lead the country, Yes, certainly but NOT a church I would attend.
The women I mentioned were certainly inspired and called by God.If God were against it,would He have called them?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by femi4: 5:29am On Sep 19, 2016
Harinholar:
If she is called by God no problem she wll even perform far better that a man.....But I have always noticed Pride in dem don't knw y ...u knw we women atimes......***
If she is called, she is called. We all have flaws. The male folks weaknesses too are obvious, sleeping with female members of the Church

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by raphieMontella: 7:53am On Sep 19, 2016
KardinalZik:

Kai....i really love the ending part of it. IT IS A DISGRACEFUL THING FOR A WOMAN TO SPEAK IN A CHURCH MEETING! Gbam!!!

It is not about other places. Women may claim gender equality elsewhere, but not on the pulpit! That is solely reserved for men. They MUST NOT SPEAK IN THE CHURCH!!!!
dont get lost in paradise bruh...m not a christian and i do not advocate the barbaric misogny in the bible
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 19, 2016
Is there a possibility that it was not God who inspired the bible that called them? and how do you test that? Like I said every believer is called by God. Why is there always such 'calling' from only one man/woman ministries where they are usually above questioning and discipline? Paul said 'anyone who claims to be a prophet, or to have spiritual powers, must acknowledge that what I am writing to you is a command of the Lord' (1 Cor 14:37) clearly means that even his proclamations were subject to testing. Also, the bible is consistent with the ordained order with God as the head of Christ, Christ as the head of His church and Man as the head of Woman. Except we say the bible isn't the inerrant word of God, then we become like Mormons that have a prophet who exclusively heard from god that came up with his book of higher authority.
The more I read the bible, the more I realise a lot of things and people we ascribe to God clearly isn't, maybe god but not the One of the bible. Me, I resolve to follow Scripture with a free conscience.
Rajosh:
The women I mentioned were certainly inspired and called by God.If God were against it,would He have called them?
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 19, 2016
You are not a christian so what are you doing here? Don't you have better use of your time? Isn't it too early to get bothered about christianity. Why don't you do something productive for yourself or community. Read a book on atheism. Develop as an atheist.
It's obvious, like someone said, most of you guys here are Misotheists pretending to be atheists. Atheists have good reasons why they don't believe and look for answers to support or invalidate their reasons. They also write reasonably as to why they find that there is no God. Not this nonsense you guys always do.
raphieMontella:

dont get lost in paradise bruh...m not a christian and i do not advocate the barbaric misogny in the bible

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by raphieMontella: 8:48am On Sep 19, 2016
TheSixthSense:
You are not a christian so what are you doing here?
what are you doing on a forum owned by an atheist?

Don't you have better use of your time? Isn't it too early to get bothered about christianity.
didnt you see where i was quoted?
Excuse me?

Why don't you do something productive for yourself or community.
misguided isolated thoughts

Read a book on atheism. Develop as an atheist.
? What did you say?

It's obvious, like someone said, most of you guys here are Misotheists pretending to be atheists.
and he is a stupid person for saying such..
Why?
Because he doesnt know how to apply his intellect to the scope of other religions..
And if you believe him...im sorry for you

Atheists have good reasons why they don't believe and look for answers to support or invalidate their reasons. They also write reasonably as to why they find that there is no God. Not this nonsense you guys always do.
u lost it here...
Really lost it..

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 19, 2016
raphieMontella:

what are you doing on a forum owned by an atheist?
I am not here because of the owner talk less of his religious inclination. But you are on the religious section (although you said you were mentioned) because you enjoy expressing your displeasure at God, christianity and christians.

and he is a stupid person for saying such..
Why?
Because he doesnt know how to apply his intellect to the scope of other religions..
And if you believe him...im sorry for you
It's usually not about what you say but what you display and it attests to that observation even on NL.

Tip: If you want to convince somebody to join you in disbelief, don't go about insulting them or and denigrating what they hold sacred because that method had never worked, even with slaves. Rather, it only portrays the kind of person you are and I'm sure you will agree that people don't think highly of such people.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by raphieMontella: 9:23am On Sep 19, 2016
TheSixthSense:

I am not here because of the owner talk less of his religious inclination. But you are on the religious section (although you said you were mentioned) because you enjoy expressing your displeasure at God, christianity and christians.
the thing is...the same way you can be on a forum of an atheist..i can also be on a religious section
the same way a person from ''the vatican''(the church is the country in all aspects) can be in nigeria(a democracy)..or a person with a foreign religion can be in nigeria and practise it...so long there no laws prohibiting it..although sometimes we ''over-do''..
Bt if you can grasp this...you'd know what i mean..

It's usually not about what you say but what you display and it attests to that observation even on NL.

Tip: If you want to convince somebody to join you in disbelief, don't go about insulting them or and denigrating what they hold sacred because that method had never worked, even with slaves.
it did with slaves...''power'' is all that was needed...

Rather, it only portrays the kind of person you are and I'm sure you will agree that people don't think highly of such people.

let me break something down for you...

An exmuslim turned atheist would ''attack''/focus on allah...does it make allah the true god?
Or because he attacks allah he hates allah?
The idea of misotheism is a stupid conclusion froma a biased singular theistic view

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 19, 2016
raphieMontella:

the thing is...the same way you can be on a forum of an atheist..i can also be on a religious section
the same way a person from ''the vatican''(the church is the country in all aspects) can be in nigeria(a democracy)..or a person with a foreign religion can be in nigeria and practise it...so long there no laws prohibiting it..although sometimes we ''over-do''..
Bt if you can grasp this...you'd know what i mean..
Nobody bars you or anyone from the religious section but it is irresponsible to go into someone else's domain only to insult them. I don't go about insulting the owner of NL because of his religious inclination, not because he is the owner of NL or that I am a christian, but because I know that to hold a reasonable conversation, respect must be mutual. He is even more reasonable about his position than most here because he knows that people can disagree without being disrespectful in the slightest. At least you admit yourself that you over-do.

it did with slaves...''power'' is all that was needed...
Some slaves resisted and chose to die instead. Slaves were bought, and weren't just awarded. No master would want to lose manpower and money when there was a more efficient method. Slavery is barbaric and evil but hope you get the point.

let me break something down for you...
An exmuslim turned atheist would ''attack''/focus on allah...does it make allah the true god?
Or because he attacks allah he hates allah?
The idea of misotheism is a stupid conclusion for a biased singular theistic view
Okay, so your, say occasional, displeasure for God/christianity/christians is because you were a christian before you saw the light of illumination that there isn't a God or he certainly isn't the christian one. Anyway, like I have said all day, there are better ways to share your illumination without insulting or denigrating anyone or any being.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by raphieMontella: 9:56am On Sep 19, 2016
Playing the victim is not a good play
TheSixthSense:

Nobody bars you or anyone from the religious section but it is irresponsible to go into someone else's domain only to insult them. I don't go about insulting the owner of NL because of his religious inclination, not because he is the owner of NL or that I am a christian, but because I know that to hold a reasonable conversation, respect must be mutual. He is even more reasonable about his position than most here because he knows that people can disagree without being disrespectful in the slightest.
do u know that by telling him theres a god while conversing youve insulted his intellect?

Think deep on this...

At least you admit yourself that you over-do.
''we'' not necessarily ''raphie''

Some slaves resisted and chose to die instead. Slaves were bought, and weren't just awarded. No master would want to lose manpower and money when there was a more efficient method. Slavery is barbaric and evil but hope you get the point.
no one in his right senses this centuryy will support slavery...

Okay, so your, say occasional, displeasure for God/christianity/christians is because you were a christian before you saw the light of illumination that there isn't a God or he certainly isn't the christian one. Anyway, like I have said all day, there are better ways to share your illumination without insulting or denigrating anyone or any being.
was mohammed a paedophilic human?
Was he a lier on god?
Your answer needed..

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 19, 2016
raphieMontella:
Playing the victim is not a good play
do u know that by telling him theres a god while conversing you've insulted his intellect?

Think deep on this...
I have had to say countless times now that atheism has nothing to do with intellect or intelligence. I thought religious people were less intelligent, thank God for His grace I am getting to know the Lord, but I find now that it was the most superficial assumptions I ever held. As I see everyday on NL, there are intelligent people and non-intelligent people. Atheism has absolutely nothing to do with that. When told about God, the average atheist would ask 'why I think/believe there is a god' not react like his intellect is being assaulted. Only, one who is insecure about his intellectual ability would take it as an insult.

''we'' not necessarily ''raphie''
Well, I spotted you today, and what made me respond is the language someone chooses to use at about 7am in the morning.

no one in his right senses this century will support slavery...Of course not.

was mohammed a paedophilic human? Was he a lier on god? Your answer needed..
I thought the thread is about the christian church. I think we have done enough to derail the thread. Thanks
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by SpicyJosBabe(f): 10:46am On Sep 19, 2016
hrhobi1:
Any man who attends any church headed by a woman is a fool.

LoL, u sound too harsh
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by raphieMontella: 11:00am On Sep 19, 2016
[quote author=TheSixthSense post=49488572]
I have had to say countless times now that atheism has nothing to do with intellect or intelligence. Only, one who is insecure about his intellectual ability would take it as an insult.

intellect - /ˈɪntəlɛkt/ noun
1.the thinking power of the mind

2. the faculty of reasoning and understanding
objectively, especially with regard to abstract
matters
pls show me where i said atheism is the same thing as being intellectual..dont read meanings that are not there..
From your perspective
His ''intellect'' researched and found out that there is no god...telling him there is a god means his intellectual disposition is laughable and as such wrong and a lie etc.
Why??
Because once an atheist reads the bible tells you what a verse said he becomes insultive to your god...
A person who treats women like sex tools and all that...is a misognyst..
The bible presented as the word of the almighty is with misogynstic verses...we say the god there is a misognyst..how is this an insult?
Did we say things that are not there?
Bruh..no one is ''holy''...playing the victim game is not a right play..
Thanks

I thought the thread is about the christian church.
yes..i just wanted to show you that..in ''preaching'' to a muslim that your god is the baba...you insult his sacred beliefs...
There's no lie here...
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 19, 2016
raphieMontella:
[/quote]
[quotet]pls show me where i said atheism is the same thing as being intellectual..dont read meanings that are not there..
From your perspective His ''intellect'' researched and found out that there is no god...telling him there is a god means his intellectual disposition is laughable and as such wrong and a lie etc. Why??
Even by the definition you gave, my statement When told about God, the average atheist would ask 'why I think/believe there is a god' and NOT react like his intellect is being assaulted only, one who is insecure about his intellectual ability would take it as an insult. remains valid. Again, only an intellectually insecure person would arrive at such conclusion.

Because once an atheist reads the bible tells you what a verse said he becomes insultive to your god...
A person who treats women like sex tools and all that...is a misognyst..
No. That's a Sadist. A misogynist is a person who dislikes, despises or and is strongly prejudiced against women and this certainly does not represent the bible.

The bible presented as the word of the almighty is with misogynstic verses...we say the god there is a misognyst..how is this an insult?
Did we say things that are not there?
Would you say a football manager shows strong prejudice against a goalkeeper if he insists that they should remain in goal throughout the course of the game? even when the goalkeeper and the rest of his teammates become no different after the game. Except you believe men and women do not have distinct roles to be in given situations then go ahead think what you want. In Christ, there is no male and female with regard to freedom from disciplinarian law, the promises of the covenant and living the christian life. (Gal 3) No discrimination and certainly not misogyny by definition.

Bruh..no one is ''holy''...playing the victim game is not a right play..
Actually, I am holy and you are not. The good news is that you too can become holy. But I don't know why you keep saying this. I never in anyway felt like the victim, I usually ignore such comments but what prompted me to reply was that it was just past 7 in the morning. Na wa o.

yes..i just wanted to show you that..in ''preaching'' to a muslim that your god is the baba...you insult his sacred beliefs...
There's no lie here...
I don't and won't preach to a muslim that 'my God is the baba and Allah is not' you immediately lose credibility as a person and the God you represent and if you have been following mutual respect is key in holding a meaningful conversation. I know good muslims and would want them to know the truth in Jesus Christ. You can disagree without resorting to insults, haven't you participated in debates or don't you watch or read even?
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by raphieMontella: 12:04pm On Sep 19, 2016
When someone tries to be cool...t is taken for granted
TheSixthSense:

No. That's a Sadist. A misogynist is a person who dislikes, despises or and is strongly prejudiced against women and this certainly does not represent the bible.
wtf does and all that mean?
Even when bible verses are there in your face you still say this ludicrous lie?

Actually, I am holy and you are not.
i thought you'd grasped what i meant if i had used a term familiar to you...was i wrong? Or is it just your ego?

The good news is that you too can become holy. But I don't know why you keep saying this.
funny...wont comment on this

I never in anyway felt like the victim, I usually ignore such comments but what prompted me to reply was that it was just past 7 in the morning. Na wa o.
But you attend churches at 6am 6:30am? 7.am?
I dont understand you here...

I don't and won't preach to a muslim that 'my God is the baba and Allah is not' you immediately lose credibility as a person and the God you represent and if you have been following mutual respect is key in holding a meaningful conversation. I know good muslims and would want them to know the truth in Jesus Christ. You can disagree without resorting to insults, haven't you participated in debates or don't you watch or read even?
all these are propaganda...
I gave you explicit items..
Will you accept muhammed's wedlock to a nine year old minor as moral and good?
If no...youve called him a paedophilic being...
Simple as abc...
Btw..the person who quoted me...felt i was supporting the stand that women are not capable as preached in the bible...
So i had to make it clear..im in no way a supporter of misogynism..
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 19, 2016
raphieMontella:
When someone tries to be cool...t is taken for granted

wtf does and all that mean?
Even when bible verses are there in your face you still say this ludicrous lie?
Getting irate again? I never asked for you to be cool with me. In fact, I've become used to such. Like I said, I normally wouldn't have replied your condescending comment but I did because I was startled at how someone would start a day with such.

Will you accept muhammed's wedlock to a nine year old minor as moral and good?
If no...youve called him a paedophilic being...
Again, this isn't about Mohammed, Islam or anything related. I am not a muslim, go ask them. I won't be baited into joining you to mock anyone or religion. I look to tell people about the truth in Jesus Christ. Take a cue, share your truths about disbelief like that.

Btw..the person who quoted me...felt i was supporting the stand that women are not capable as preached in the bible...So i had to make it clear..im in no way a supporter of misogynism..
The bible never states that women are NOT capable don't know where you got that. It is the responsibility of every christian to preach the gospel. I do NOT support misogyny neither am I one. Can a woman become president, Yes. Can she become CEO? Yes. Can she become a Bishop/Overseer or the head of her family? No, not in the church of God and the christian household according to Scripture.
Nobody is forced to become a christian. All the fight for democratic amendment of Scripture happens when people are literally begged to attend churches instead of being told the truth and let the Holy Spirit work on the truth for them to see the need for repentance that if you do not accept Jesus Christ, the wrath of God abides on you and after death would stand before Him in judgement. It is that simple. So, Oga, we don derail this thread too much, thanks for your time
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? by osita456(m): 2:31pm On Sep 19, 2016
johnydon22:

The quoted scripture was explicit enough
then answer the question: does God call women

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors / Imo Anglican Diocese Crisis: Bish­op Chijioke Benjamin Otti, Wife, Kids Detained / Bishop Daniel Yisa: "The Change Buhari Brought Is Changing Criminals To Saints"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.