Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital (58967 Views)

22% Bi-Monthly Interest Rate On Frozen food distribution business In PH / From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) / N20,000 Changed To N10 Notes In Ibadan, Apata (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 11:17pm On Sep 13, 2016
The entire world has undergone tremendous transformation in all facets of living.

On the one hand the ease in which tasks are carried out and dreams fulfilled is unprecedented. On the other hand, the emergence of endless opportunities has also presented another challenge which is the ease in ideas are replicated. The blue ocean principle could never thrive better than now. The free flow of information globally is a neutral force. The use of this information however can be of either polarities. Positive and negative.

Nothing emphasizes this evolution more than the Internet especially via the various social media platforms. This has created a totally new and almost independent economy. Some have benefited tremendously from it by appropriating its usefulness while the greater majority have been left behind.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Destined2win: 12:17am On Sep 14, 2016
You have not said anything

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Shakitibob0: 12:43am On Sep 14, 2016
Destined2win:
hahaha---

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Nobody: 3:00am On Sep 14, 2016
What has your topic got to do with the body of your post?

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 5:06am On Sep 14, 2016
I must confess that I am a bit slow with change but when I finally commit I become addicted.
I was introduced to Nairaland by my Husband and for over 7 years I was just a guest. And during this period, I was concentrating more on the home page and a few sections like family and romance.

When I contemplated starting a business of my own and I was thinking of areas to invest I kept reading a lot of foreign magazines, websites, articles and blogs on start-ups. Mt favourites then were inc.com and entrepreneur.com. Then one day with my hubby’s nudging and encouragement, I started viewing the business section and ever since then that has been my default section until I registered earlier this year. Since then I have been mesmerized. For the budding entrepreneur, the business section of Nairaland is an encyclopedia of real business nuggets and hard core start-up experience. I have benefited in terms of inspiration, motivation and even strategically from the real life experiences of real Nigerians who actually take to the streets and hustle it out. These real life experiences abound.

I can confirm that I have tried out some of these suggestions myself and have recommended same to some other people close to me.

As a matter of fact, I showed a lady (neighbour of mine who was recently widowed the thread on eggs) and she started egg sales here in Port Harcourt and today she claims she makes about 100,000 per month.

9 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 5:09am On Sep 14, 2016
blueseacats:
What has your topic got to do with the body of your post?

I am so sorry if you feel this way but a little patience is all it takes. Organizing my thoughts and typing them out on a small device is no small task.

We will get to the bridge connecting the topic and the body pretty soon.

The above was just a necessary preamble.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 5:11am On Sep 14, 2016
Destined2win:

Very true. I will get to the point and soon enough too.

Kindly bear with me.

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 5:12am On Sep 14, 2016
Indeed, very funny!

Shakitibob0:
hahaha---
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Nobody: 5:17am On Sep 14, 2016
Karin001:

I am so sorry if you feel this way but a little patience is all it takes. Organizing my thoughts and typing them out on a small device is no small task.

We will get to the bridge connecting the topic and the body pretty soon.

The above was just a necessary preamble.
Ok.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 5:18am On Sep 14, 2016
My very own sister residing in Ogudu, Lagos lost her job in banking early this year and I recently referred her to the same thread and though she was a bit hesitant initially has caught the bug and is soaring at the moment with profits of 100,00 per crate and a turnover of 300 to 500 crates per week.

She is so excited that she has now set herself a target of selling at least 10,000 crates per month by mid-2017.

Luckily for her, she has sufficient capital, a car and marketing experience but above all she has boundless enthusiasm.

Many thanks to Blackky who initiated this very useful thread.

4 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 5:19am On Sep 14, 2016
An ex-classmate of mine who resides in Umuahia with her husband has modelled the OP who initiated the thread on bar soap making. She just started very small this month and is already happy with the results.

She has already added liquid hand-wash which according to her she intends to sell right there in Umuahia.

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 10:06am On Sep 14, 2016
In a previous thread on Nairaland I had recounted my experiences in selling chin-chin as a distributor previously in Lagos and now in Port Harcourt. I am really happy with the results I have had with this business so far even though it would have been better but for the recession we are currently experiencing. Production costs have soared, margins have reduced significantly and sometimes product availability has been seriously threatened.

But there is still hope. We will overcome.

In the course of responding to various inquiries I noticed a consistent trend; A lot of unemployed/underemployed Nigerians could really change their lot in life but they don’t have the know-how.

They have also been so pummeled by the inelastic labour market that they have a rather negative approach to business. Worse are those who on account of having a first degree and sometimes Masters degree think that certain types of ‘hustling’ is beneath them.

It would indeed have been very funny if it weren’t so sad.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 11:11am On Sep 14, 2016
In the course of interacting with posters on my previous thread, many people made a lot of inquiries and some also made some outright requests for mentorship.

May I state here and perfunctorily so that one particular lady sought me out all the way from Uyo, Akwa Ibom state and spent 3 days following me as I made my rounds in Port Harcourt. At the end of her stay she requested/suggested that I should mentor some people including herself on how to create a sustainable income flow. She pestered me continuously after her visit up till August. Other people from different parts of the country have also requested repeatedly for help in this direction.

This thread is the result of those requests.

The objective here is to mentor some interested Nairalanders step by step into gradually earning a monthly figure of 100,000 Naira or more monthly within a one-year period.

Initial earnings will hover around N1,000 per day and will grow in direct proportion to other inputs like energy, expertise and seriousness.

Commencement will require an initial investment of 20,000. No registration involved, no canvassing of new participants and definitely no payments or participation fees.

No brokerages, no paychecks and salaries, no allowances whatsoever, just the traditional selling model with a contemporary twist.

6 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 11:15am On Sep 14, 2016
In the first phase of this project we will select 20 Nairalanders living in different locations preferably in Lagos State. Specific demographic characteristics and other relevant variables will determine the territories to be so chosen for the first phase.

These people must be willing to learn and be inclined to develop their own F.M.C.G enterprise from scratch.

An initial 20,000 will be the seed capital required for this set-up. Please note that the entire capital is for purchase of goods only. It will not be paid into any individual account but will be used for the direct procurement of goods and must be paid directly into the designated company account when the preferred company is finally chosen.

When we have identified the participants, and they have all committed, we will then go ahead to commence the preliminary interaction here on the thread where we will talk about the basics of sales and marketing which hopefully will prepare us psychologically for the field sales.

2 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 11:27am On Sep 14, 2016
Please note that this project is designed to provide a take-off platform for serious minded people who are willing to effect a positive change in their circumstances through hard work that will yield a consistent income over a long period of time.

It is not a get rich quick scheme and will require painstaking objectivity laser quality focus and a dogged resoluteness. The results will however be a direct reflection of input and nothing else.

At any point any participant can withdraw without notice or obligation.

By the same token, I reserve the right withdraw or cease my mentoring, guidance, moderation or whatever you may wish to call my complimentary/gratuitous services. This will also be without prejudice or obligation to anybody or organisation or even platform.

Also note that I could be sacked or replaced by a consensus of the group.

3 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Eddodoh(m): 11:28am On Sep 14, 2016
Destined2win:
I thought I was the only that noticed it

2 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 11:32am On Sep 14, 2016
A whatsapp group will be created eventually for us to interact on a regular basis.

The next step will be to identify a product that we will all commit to selling. The product must have certain predetermined attributes or character which will be wholly acceptable to all participants. We will then approach the company producing the product and negotiate for a bulk purchase on a regular basis. This will ensure that we get the product at the best possible prices.

The sales model will then be identified or designed to fit the product and potential market.

We are going to embark on a journey step by step. Each step of the way will be experienced through and through. Certain ground rules will be set at the beginning and adhered strictly to. It is going to be a rigorous exercise that will require utmost attention and unflinching commitment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 11:47am On Sep 14, 2016
Eddodoh:

I thought I was the only that noticed it

I will get there....soon.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 11:49am On Sep 14, 2016
GROUND RULE 1: DISCLAIMER;

At no point will I request for a dime from anybody participating in this project either directly or by proxy.

My account details will never be published here and neither will I ever solicit for payments in whatever form.

My interest here is predicated on outright altruistic purposes.

My participation here will be limited to a purely advisory capacity.

Furthermore, I will not accept any attempts at personal meetings or/and contact of a physical nature. The relationship will be limited to what it is designed to be; an anonymous online advisory/mentorship scheme.

5 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 11:57am On Sep 14, 2016
Having said all the above we can now move to the core of the business.

On close observation, one will notice that the petty traders in our various settlements may appear poorly but they make more money than the regular graduate.

The purpose of this thread at least in the long run is to create a fast moving consumer sales model that will generate consistent income for the serious minded participant of this project.

Our thrust will be to identify a product that will sell in our neighbourhood being produced by a company and bring it to that neighbourhood as the exclusive distributor. it may appear simplistic at this point but I assure you that it will thrive beyond expectations. It is a proven model. I will try to proffer some examples that I consider relevant to this business model.

3 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 12:24pm On Sep 14, 2016
My first example though quite crude, I consider very relevant.

Most times when we eat out we prefer to have moin-moin with our rice. Most times we commend the moin moin as being very good. We also assume that the moinmoin is made by the food vendor just as she makes the rest of her food; beans, rice, Amala, and the various sauces that are presented. That is generally the case.

When I was still in Lagos, I heard this story from a man I respect so much. A man who has contributed so much to my ‘success’.

A lady he knows makes a lot of money in the food sector. This lady used to have a restaurant somewhere in central Ikeja and according to the story, there were so many restaurants around her that selling food enough to meet her bills became a daunting challenge as the food vendors were so many and increasing by the day and yet the customers were not increasing in equal proportion.

One thing she identified was that her moin moin was very good. As a matter of fact, many customers would buy food from other vendors and come to buy her moinmoin. It became so obvious that other vendors refused to make moin moin after a while. It didn’t really hit her then.

Her real food sales began to decline seriously while she couldn’t meet demand for moin moin. Yet it still didn’t hit her. Eventually, her co-vendors were buying the moin-moin in bulk and reselling same.

It still didn’t still hit her.

Well you can’t really blame her. Her complaint then was that the other vendors were involved in some fetish practices and she being a born again Christian would never condescend that low. That her food was not good enough was not to be considered at all. She was a woman and every woman can cook very well.

After all, her mother cooks well and trained her well plus the fact that her hubby and kids could attest to her culinary expertise.

2 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 12:26pm On Sep 14, 2016
MrJonny:

Just in case I forget to follow, I really need another stream of income. Add me in the group on whatsapp with 07038505150.
I have a feeling this is going to make sense! I reside in Ph

Mr. Jonny, kindly follow closely and ascertain first of all if this is really for you or not.

For all you know this may be beneath you and you could recommend it to someone who really needs this guidance. Keep in tow for a while.

2 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 12:42pm On Sep 14, 2016
Please permit me to digress a little..........has it ever occurred to you how dense we can most times be. We pray for solutions to our problems and then we wait for the answer.

We keep waiting and then continue the wait ......And then reinforce the prayers and then re-commence the waiting game with renewed expectation.

This cycle goes on and on and on and on and on.

Meanwhile, before the commencement of the prayers and all through the course of the prayers the answer to the prayer had already been granted. It had been sitting on our nose or hovering in our very line of sight and behold we couldn't receive it ..........until someone comes to literally pluck it off our nose and present it to us.

Think, I assume it must have happened to everyone at some point and in some way.

A popular legend in my town goes that in times far back there lived a very simple man who was a great herbalist then who upon invitation to diagnose and treat an ailment would only always appear without a bag or any other tool. His solution in terms of the cure was always procured in the vicinity of the victim and in most cases within the backyard of the family compound.

This is just food for thought.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 1:14pm On Sep 14, 2016
Anecdotes may suffice here;

My first example though quite crude, I consider very relevant.

Most times when we eat out we prefer to have moin-moin with our rice. At times we commend the moin moin as being very good. We also assume that the moinmoin is made by the food vendor just as she makes the rest of her food; beans, rice, Amala, and the various sauces that are presented.

That is generally the case but there exists exceptions.

When I was still in Lagos, I heard this story from a man I respect so much. A man who has contributed so much to my ‘success’.

A lady and a young man he knows make a lot of money in the food sector.

This lady used to have a restaurant somewhere in central Ikeja and according to the story, there were so many restaurants around her that selling food enough to meet her bills became a daunting challenge as the food vendors were so many and increasing by the day and yet the customers were not increasing in equal proportion.

One thing she identified was that her moin-moin was very good. As a matter of fact, many customers would buy food from other vendors and come to buy her moin-moin. It became so obvious that other vendors refused to make their own moin-moin after a while.

The opportunity presented herein didn’t hit her then.

3 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 1:19pm On Sep 14, 2016
Her real food sales began to decline seriously while she couldn’t meet demand for moin moin.

Yet it still didn’t hit her.

Eventually, her co-vendors were buying the moin-moin in bulk and reselling same.

It still didn’t still hit her.

Well you can’t really blame her. Her complaint then was that the other vendors were involved in some fetish practices and she being a born again Christaian would never condescend that low. That her food was not good enough was not to be considered at all. She was a woman and every woman can cook very well. After all, her mother cooks well and trained well plus the fact that her hubby and kids could attest to her culinary expertise.
Inevitably she had to shut down her shop as her sales of Moin moin alone could no longer sustain the rent.

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 1:19pm On Sep 14, 2016
Sometimes you need thunder together with lightening and an earthquake before your eyes can see an often times glaring opportunity.

7 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 1:25pm On Sep 14, 2016
I forgot to add that there was a certain young man who was a contract staff in a nearby branch of a new generation bank who was head over heels for this delicacy and patronized the woman loyally.

Unfortunately, he was a victim in a rightsizing exercise in that bank even before the woman closed down her shop. One day, while in that neighbourhood he decided to call on the woman for some moin-moin. To his greatest consternation the lady was no longer there but another food vendor has taken over. He ordered his lunch all the same. He ate the food and left the moin-moin almost untouched. He then placed a call to the previous owner of the shop and arranged a visit to her residence. After repeated visits and encouragement he started a moin-moin sales business in Lagos.

What he did was to pre-order and prepay for the moin moin from this lady and then began the aggressive sales of moinmoin all around Lagos. For those familiar with culinary processes, making moinmoin is a very tedious and exacting process. Now this woman is adept in it and the young man sells all the moin moin that is made.

The design is that he preorders on Friday for one weeks supply and he lifts every morning. Today I understand that he sells over tens of thousands of, moinmoin every day to various restaurants (both traditional and fast food types), staff canteens, and church programmes. This started as 5 day per week programme but it is now and every day activity, with weddings, church programmes and other events ordering. The beautiful thing here is that everybody is happy, the pricing is of two typologies; he supplies the small one for 30.00 which is then retailed for 50.00 while the medium sized on is supplied for 65.00 and the recommended retail price is 100.00.

Recently they had a major breakthrough as they were enlisted by a certain company that services private schools with lunch to be supplying them with moin-moin on a daily basis and this order I understand is in tens of thousands every week day during the school term.

I doubt if the young man in this picture makes up to 5.00 per unit after all expenses but lets assume that he makes only 3.00 as net profit and he sells only 5,000 pieces per day and 30,000 per week and translating to just about 100,000 pieces monthly he will be making 3.00 x 100,000 = 300,000.00 net profit.

And do note that I have tried to be as conservative as possible in my projections. The figures and profits can only go north where certain variables are consistent.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 1:29pm On Sep 14, 2016
I hope I am beginning to say something sensible at this point.

Summarily, I am creating this thread to bolster those out there who are wiling to work hard and break all societal stereotypes as regards wealth creation through a consistent sales strategy.

I will stop here while awaiting reactions.

The thread will continue later this evening.

I have to go out and make some sales while as the weather has shown some respite at the moment.

Comments/Contributions/Criticisms via post are most welcome.

3 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by shiftmarket(m): 1:49pm On Sep 14, 2016
Madam, the way you break things down eh, pls as a future venture also consider writing a book or at the minimum put all your writeup in a blog also while this becomes a copy. I think you write from your heart, a blog will help you keep a diary of your thoughts and you could also make money from it. I started your chin-chin thread not sure I finished it, if you can put the link here although i know i can search for it again.
I will follow this your thread and even take up the challenge, God helping me.

God bless you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by eay(m): 3:06pm On Sep 14, 2016
Like seriously, I must commend your efforts.
You post is self explanatory, expository nd motivating. That was wat made me follow u on nairaland frm d frst day I came across your post...
I love your impactation spirit. Chai! And even amidst all this you are not collecting money.
May God bless you bountifully...
Even though I'm very busy engaged in so many things, trust me, there are many ppl I will empower with this.
I see a better,responsible nigeria if all of us cn have such entrepreneurial spirit.
God bless you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by okwele1(f): 5:32pm On Sep 14, 2016
madam karin always on point, i love d way u break it down in very simple terms. I ve Been following ur previous thread on chinchin but didnt finish it, pls post a link so dat people can go back to it. You are doing a great job God bless u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

A Prototype Of The N5000 Note (pic) / Ekiti Begins Milk Production To Supply Cowbell's Factory In Lagos / 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.