Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,811 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital (58942 Views)

22% Bi-Monthly Interest Rate On Frozen food distribution business In PH / From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) / N20,000 Changed To N10 Notes In Ibadan, Apata (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 10:31am On Sep 24, 2016
rose75:

Good!

Consider the underlisted:
1: quality;
2: 'sellability' of the doughnuts; what's the demand like?.
3: durability; how long can it remain fresh?
4: availability, not after working hard to build your customer base, you'll be disappointing them with stories.
5: Packaging, how attractive?

Thanks, you are a just wonderful. Sometimes I am inclined to think you are actually 75 years old as depicted by your moniker, but that couldn't be true could it?

I just wish to add one important note here; doughnuts do not have a long shelf-life. In the ideal setting, they are produced for immediate consumption and may not last beyond 3 days.

In some climes they can be found in frozen packs in grocery shops and supermarkets and can then be microwaved and eaten.
Whoever adopts this F.M.C.G model must be willing to push hard and sell as many as possible within a short time spell.

It is a selling product if it is well made and packed. It will be difficult to go wrong.

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by mukhcech(m): 10:44am On Sep 24, 2016
Karin001:

Thanks, you are a just wonderful. Sometimes I am inclined to think you are actually 75 years old as depicted by your moniker, but that couldn't be true could it?

I just wish to add one important note here; doughnuts do not have a long shelf-life. In the ideal setting, they are produced for immediate consumption and may not last beyond 3 days.

In some climes they can be found in frozen packs in grocery shops and supermarkets and can then be microwaved and eaten.
Whoever adopts this F.M.C.G model must be willing to push hard and sell as many as possible within a short time spell.

It is a selling product if it is well made and packed. It will be difficult to go wrong.

Due to my location and region, em not sure the doughnuts will push through. so I was thinking if I can replace it with peanuts which I have a person who is into its production. Would you rather stiill recommend the doughnut and Chin-Chin.?
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 11:07am On Sep 24, 2016
mukhcech:

Due to my location and region, em not sure the doughnuts will push through. so I was thinking if I can replace it with peanuts which I have a person who is into its production. Would you rather stiill recommend the doughnut and Chin-Chin.?

Location please!
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by rose75(f): 11:13am On Sep 24, 2016
Karin001:

There she goes again!
You know how to make someone's head swell, even when empty.
Thanks all the same.

I'm a bit sceptical about starting with doughnuts immediately, would rather prefer introducing it when I've gained the market. Since you said it's up to two years you dealt on it, the "change" may have bruised it a little, don't you think so?

I'm also considering plantain chips, spiced ones preferably.
What's your take on these?
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 12:15pm On Sep 24, 2016
rose75:

There she goes again!
You know how to make someone's head swell, even when empty.
Thanks all the same.

I'm a bit sceptical about starting with doughnuts immediately, would rather prefer introducing it when I've gained the market. Since you said it's up to two years you dealt on it, the "change" may have bruised it a little, don't you think so?

I'm also considering plantain chips, spiced ones preferably.
What's your take on these?

You have a good idea here but before you decide what to do or not to do kindly give yourself the benefit of doubt by selling both the doughnut and the chin-chin simultaneously. Be advised however to start them in very small quantities. i think on your first outing you shouldn't buy more than 2 bags each. Drop the chin-chin at home and make sure you sell off the doughnuts immediately. You can even ask the company to pack them for you in smaller (beginner)packs just to ensure that you get feedback and then decide if it is worth your while or not.

From my own experience the doughnut sells faster than the chin-chin and the risk factor while appearing high because of the shelf-life volatility also ensures that you are perpetually on your toes.

In reading your earlier post on how you want to op about it I will advise that you reconsider going into the schools later and actually start marketing the schools immediately. This is a whole market in one location. take the product to them and establish it there in your name.

Finally, whatever you do in this effort, try everything possible to keep fear at bay. Fear of not succeeding has kept many otherwise very potentially successful entrepreneurs from venturing forth.

Plantain chips is also a very good one and very fast moving. You could actually combine them effectively. More on this later.

2 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Decrypter: 2:03pm On Sep 24, 2016
i
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by rose75(f): 2:19pm On Sep 24, 2016
Karin001:

You have a good idea here but before you decide what to do or not to do kindly give yourself the benefit of doubt by selling both the doughnut and the chin-chin simultaneously. Be advised however to start them in very small quantities. i think on your first outing you shouldn't buy more than 2 bags each. Drop the chin-chin at home and make sure you sell off the doughnuts immediately. You can even ask the company to pack them for you in smaller (beginner)packs just to ensure that you get feedback and then decide if it is worth your while or not.

From my own experience the doughnut sells faster than the chin-chin and the risk factor while appearing high because of the shelf-life volatility also ensures that you are perpetually on your toes.

In reading your earlier post on how you want to op about it I will advise that you reconsider going into the schools later and actually start marketing the schools immediately. This is a whole market in one location. take the product to them and establish it there in your name.

Finally, whatever you do in this effort, try everything possible to keep fear at bay. Fear of not succeeding has kept many otherwise very potentially successful entrepreneurs from venturing forth.

Plantain chips is also a very good one and very fast moving. You could actually combine them effectively. More on this later.

Very well then.
Thanks.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by mukhcech(m): 2:47pm On Sep 24, 2016
Karin001:

Location please!
Kogi state.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by bighorlus(m): 3:21pm On Sep 24, 2016
im interested i want to run badagary region.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Blackkie: 3:25pm On Sep 24, 2016
You have given enough recipes for success here and they are expanding my thinking.
I will go with you in this Chin-Chin idea.
Territory - Surulere.
Since I deal with many supermarkets, I can talk to them about this with ease. The income generation makes a lot of sense, its gonna be a plus.

2 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Blackkie: 3:32pm On Sep 24, 2016
Men and brethren, there is something about these items that are branded FMCG:-
1. It is totally elastic in demand
2. They are recession proof
3. They are easy to start with especially with Karin001 formula
4. Its income generation can be banked on for future plans

There is even a second side of it, you can set the idea rolling and later sell it for a fee to smart Alecs in the future.
Think about it.

3 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by egopersonified(f): 6:11am On Sep 25, 2016
madam Karin, well done. You are indeed a light to your world. I support the doughnut, chin chin, peanut, plantain chips ideas. In my location, getting good doughnuts to buy is almost impossible, the one available for sale tastes like stale bread even when it is fresh. Plantain chips in jars and the soft ones tied in nylon are also scarce. These are good products that would sell fast.

I have always despised The phrase 'opportunity comes but once', maybe it comes once to slap you in the face anyway, but my prayer everyday is to have the ability equal to my opportunities.

Please if you are in any of the chosen locations, and presently home without a job, try this business model out, if you feel it is beneath you, do it a little further from where you stay, just try it for a month only, then do your calculations.

Also see this as part of networking, you are not just selling chin chin, you are putting a network in place for future purposes. Do not look down on anyone you come across, do not be afraid of competitors, you are starting from chin chin today, it can lead you to be sort after tomorrow from international companies looking to enter the Nigerian market. please do not despise the day of small beginnings. I am a newbie too, but I have seen so much potential in distribution. While shop owners are complaining of drop in sales, you will be asking yourself if you are in the same country. If this isn't your product, look for something to resell to schools, hotels, restaurants, filling stations, shops, hospitals, offices, salons, tailors, banks, market women, political parties, companies, IT companies, etc.

This is the best time to start a business.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by olutoyiin: 4:18pm On Sep 25, 2016
[quote author=Karin001 post=49594262]To move us into a higher gear, I will suggest that after getting to this stage those who may be interested in participating in this project should indicate with a post that will just mention their area in Lagos and also describe the market as he/she perceives it be as it relates to this project and the product in question.

We do not need too many people per area. We must provide enough room for each participant to grow his business into profitability.
I suppose we can use this weekend to conclude on the people that will work in the various areas.

Please your comments and opinions are welcome at this stage.[/q]
Hi karin I am so interested in this venture,I am within the Ejigbo-orisumbare axis I can also work within ikotun.Though I'm quite new in the area I believe with enough market research I should be able to break even.The area is quite busy and there are reasonable public schools which I've targeted as my major selling points.Thanks
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by latestarter: 9:11pm On Sep 25, 2016
Karin,

Thanks for your updates. My internet connection was down for a couple of days so I couldn't follow immediately but I've caught up with all comments.
I want to state that I'm in OJodu-Berger axis and will cover the over 5 grammar schools in the area with the main Berger bus stop. I see prospect in the business but like you commented, I'm a bit skeptical about whether it's beneath me and will yield returns to support my responsibilities.

I'm actually in my middle fifties and have lost a white collar job with three kids about entering into tertiary institutions and I'm wondering if I will meet my responsibilities if I spend my time on this project.

I was actually in the process of forming a business club where I could source money and give soft revolving loans of not not than N30,000 to market women quarterly at 10% interest. There's also the option of snail or piggery farming and I've been attending seminars on this. My head seems to be revving with ideas and I'm asking myself to apply breaks.
However your FMCG is intruding into my subconscious but returns on investment and status as challenges.

Please your comment or any other person's (like rose75) will be welcomed.

Keep up with this great job. I foresee someone contacting you as consultant for an amazing model
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 9:56pm On Sep 25, 2016
latestarter:
Karin,

Thanks for your updates. My internet connection was down for a couple of days so I couldn't follow immediately but I've caught up with all comments.
I want to state that I'm in OJodu-Berger axis and will cover the over 5 grammar schools in the area with the main Berger bus stop. I see prospect in the business but like you commented, I'm a bit skeptical about whether it's beneath me and will yield returns to support my responsibilities.

I'm actually in my middle fifties and have lost a white collar job with three kids about entering into tertiary institutions and I'm wondering if I will meet my responsibilities if I spend my time on this project.

I was actually in the process of forming a business club where I could source money and give soft revolving loans of not not than N30,000 to market women quarterly at 10% interest. There's also the option of snail or piggery farming and I've been attending seminars on this. My head seems to be revving with ideas and I'm asking myself to apply breaks.
However your FMCG is intruding into my subconscious but returns on investment and status as challenges.

Keep up with this great job. I foresee someone contacting you as consultant for an amazing model

Thanks for the compliments but even more thanks for your frankness. This really awed me. And I hope you will not be offended if I am outright frank with you too. I hope you don't mind.

Sir, while you can appropriate the benefits from th knowledge in this thread, permit me to say that this business model is not really for you.
I will give a few reasons for my position. I am sure rose75 and others will air their opinion too.

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by nnennaluv: 10:16pm On Sep 25, 2016
Am so interested ohhh...am located at lekki- Ajah axis..show me the way ohh
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 10:43pm On Sep 25, 2016
latestarter:
Karin,

The business is not really beneath you as such.

First of all, I must tell you that I belong to the school of thought that no business is too big or too small for any individual. It is the model that you adopt that is the real deal.

Now we are talking about donoughts and chin-chin sales here. We have also mentioned a variety of other snacks that are a fast moving. I must confess that this thread will hold more appeal to the young, energetic ones who are not yet so accomplished. And people who have collapsed, and now have a need to rejig their lives from foundation to DPC and then to groundfloor and rebuild from there. Thus the emphasis on a very small initial capital.

For a ‘big’ white collar experienced man/woman, trying to convince a Mallam in a broken down kiosk will appear a bit awkward or don’t you think?

Going into schools and talking to the vendors who are selling food in schools might elicit some grins. Again, your operational costs may also be quite high because your car will be deployed to start and run this exercise. you cannot really do it otherwise. And then you are a man with a complete and intact ego. Perhaps, a woman in your shoes would probably fare better.

Again, the profit margins will be too low for a man with your experience. Just imagine that on the first day all you sell is 5 bags of doughnuts and your profit for that day is less than 1,000 Naira, I don’t see you having the impetus to continue.

So, the model as adopted here will not suit you.

As a business however, snack sales and distribution is not beneath you. Other models exist that you could design and implement and it would excel beyond your very imagination.

Someone mentioned the idea in a post above and it really got me thinking. There was this guy who was considering selling donoughts produced close to his shop in Kogi.

At your level, you cannot earn peanuts. Any business that doesn’t give you commensurate returns and immediately too will bore you first of all before bringing exasperation.

With your education, professional experience and money sourcing ability I wouldn’t go selling donoughts but what I would do is to create a sales company of young, agile and intelligent people and groom them as a sales force, to further ensure success.

I would then get exclusivity from a good products company for a particular area and then deploy my team and supervise them carefully. A Supervisor could be employed to ensure that they are appropriately supervised and monitored. The schools market/niche would be created by the supervisor and then products supplied. You will then be saddled with the task of daily accounts reconciliation and searching/identifying new products to introduce into the market via this sales force which you would continually groom and expand.

But that is strictly my opinion

Finally, you mentioned in passing that your head is revving with ideas. That can sound good but don’t be too happy about it. Ideas in a society such as ours and indeed everywhere else are very cheap. Just about everybody has a lot of ideas especially when idle or in between activities.

Please choose one idea and take action on it.

As a parting shot please note that the less engaged you are the more ideas you will have.

It’s just a natural in the scheme of things.

Again, this is just my personal take.

I hope you take this in good faith.

I really do mean well.

Other contributions are welcome.

5 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by stainlex(m): 11:09pm On Sep 25, 2016
latestarter:
Karin,

Kind sir,
I'll piggyback on Karin001's opinion and would ask that you really think about how your diurnal expenses wouldn't affect your operational costs. Personal expenses can kill the business from the very beginnings! If you figure out a way around this, then I think you're good to go. But then, you're the captain of your ship and would be in the best position to judge.

Karin001,
Thanks for your wonderful work. This is the first time I'll come across you here (not that I'm regular myself) and I must say you had me at 'Start'..I'm here on behalf of a sister who just finished her N.D. I dissuaded her from spending 40k on a new phone (she'd been saving for weeks) and persuaded her to start something with it (since it was more than enough for many who presently don't have it). We've been brainstorming for days and I came here for answers before the little spark I managed to create dies in her. She resides in Saki (Oyo state) and I want to believe the snacks business will work here but I'm not so sure about the buying psychology of the target market in terms of profligacy or parsimony (which I think is very important here). Does it really matter in the snack business? Penny for your thoughts please.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Blackkie: 11:24pm On Sep 25, 2016
The lending idea is a wonderful one if you can make it a reality.
Also, you can juggle both.

latestarter:
Karin,

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 11:33pm On Sep 25, 2016
stainlex:

Kind sir,
I'll piggyback on Karin001's opinion and would ask that you really think about how your diurnal expenses wouldn't affect your operational costs. Personal expenses can kill the business from the very beginnings! If you figure out a way around this, then I think you're good to go. But then, you're the captain of your ship and would be in the best position to judge.

Karin001,
Thanks for your wonderful work. This is the first time I'll come across you here (not that I'm regular myself) and I must say you had me at 'Start'..I'm here on behalf of a sister who just finished her N.D. I dissuaded her from spending 40k on a new phone (she'd been saving for weeks) and persuaded her to start something with it (since it was more than enough for many who presently don't have it). We've been brainstorming for days and I came here for answers before the little spark I managed to create dies in her. She resides in Saki (Oyo state) and I want to believe the snacks business will work here but I'm not so sure about the buying psychology of the target market in terms of profligacy or parsimony (which I think is very important here). Does it really matter in the snack business? Penny for your thoughts please.

Shaki is a reasonable town in Oyo State. the population is more agrarian as far as I can remember. The buying nature of the greater part of the population will be naturally parsimonious. I really cant say that the snacks won't sell but the major challenge she will have is getting it there without incurring too much logistic expenses. I am sure that if it gets to her with minimal transportation costs, she will be able to make enough profit even if she sells primarily on at the Saki-Sango Thursdays market.

On the whole you have given her great advise. If she cannot deal with the chin-chin from Lagos, she glean from this model and seek out something to sell from a neighbouring city like Ibadan, Oyo, or Ogbomosho. That is the most important consideration.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by mukhcech(m): 11:48pm On Sep 25, 2016
Karin001:

Shaki is a reasonable town in Oyo State. the population is more agrarian as far as I can remember. The buying nature of the greater part of the population will be naturally parsimonious. I really cant say that the snacks won't sell but the major challenge she will have is getting it there without incurring too much logistic expenses. I am sure that if it gets to her with minimal transportation costs, she will be able to make enough profit even if she sells primarily on at the Saki-Sango Thursdays market.

On the whole you have given her great advise. If she cannot deal with the chin-chin from Lagos, she glean from this model and seek out something to sell from a neighbouring city like Ibadan, Oyo, or Ogbomosho. That is the most important consideration.

Well done Karin. In addressing transportation cost. pls I only have Abuja and Ibadan as a possible location I can source the product from and bring it to Kogi state .pls does your fmcg companies have branches in this cities? thank you.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 12:09am On Sep 26, 2016
mukhcech:

Well done Karin. In addressing transportation cost. pls I only have Abuja and Ibadan as a possible location I can source the product from and bring it to Kogi state .pls does your fmcg companies have branches in this cities? thank you.

I promise to check which company you can deal with.

The company must have a depot or a branch. dealing with a distributor will reduce your profitability. Just give me sometime. A week at most.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by mukhcech(m): 12:21am On Sep 26, 2016
Karin001:

I promise to check which company you can deal with.

The company must have a depot or a branch. dealing with a distributor will reduce your profitability. Just give me sometime. A week at most.

God bless you M'am. aameen. I will be patiently waiting. thanks for everything.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by eay(m): 12:33am On Sep 26, 2016
grin grin grin
I bless God I came in the right time...I can't even imagine myself being excluded from this Golden opportunity.
Firstly, I must commend karin for your selfless contributions toward the financial freedom of 'an Hardworking Nigerian'. Many a persons don't even go this far and they will start placing exorbitant consultation fees and seminar fees. Good hearts like yours are very hard to commune with especially in this 'harsh' economic state. I pray...God bless you more than your comprehension.
*God's blessing goes beyond money...u knw* wink

My location preferably, I will choose Agbado Station (A border town between Ogun state and Lagos state) Agbado station, Ijaiye, Ijoko, Sango otta

It's highly populated with Nursing parents that seek lower accommodation schemes with full-time house wives that run retail stores, supermarket and kiosks.
Private schools, public schools and various churches are evenly distributed around the locality.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by eay(m): 1:07am On Sep 26, 2016
Your post have said it all...Yes! You can do it and thrive well in the business considering your niche. Berger is a very busy suburb and I think you should be very grateful to God because you have your target customers waiting for you to come around.
Did you just say soft loans for the market women? you are just perfect because you can even start giving your loan to your retailers.
But nevertheless...dnt allow FEAR of the uncertainty to devour you. Though the begining may look tough,just persevere. And at the end,you just created a 'system' for your kids to fall back on.

I'm a farmer and I can tell you, farming requires a whole lot of strength and commitment.

I think you can just blend your loaning idea with your FMCG distributorship Cos they are mutually complementary grin
Cheers!

latestarter:
Karin,

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Newway2(m): 1:59am On Sep 26, 2016
Great work by a great woman.

D whole FMCG thing as a Trojan horse of every economy is premised on d daily "small wins" as mentioned by madam Karin.

D daily "small wins" is what I call daily "cash flow". Now, every bizness runs & survives on cash flow. Show me a bizness without cash-flow & I will tell u that d bizness is a dieing bizness. Look around you, Cash flow is what great wealth is built upon.

Selling a product/services & immediately making a margin of 1,000 per day is a great impetus. It can only get better.

D whole madam karin's formular is great & I wld hv personally taken it up if I had not relocated into d bush grin grin grin

Nevertheless, I hv introduce d thread to many young pple & I wish & hope they fly with it.

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by stainlex(m): 2:07am On Sep 26, 2016
Karin001:

I am extremely grateful for your input here. We'll look into the figures and try to reach a conclusion. Following you and your threads like kilode!
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by rose75(f): 7:38am On Sep 26, 2016
latestarter:
Karin,

Hello Sir,
I really appreciate your frankness.

Status! Honestly, I understand where you're coming from, it's just natural to feel so.
Story! story!! story!!!. I have a brother who started making real money at a very young age, he built a very beautiful house at home while still a bachelor, became a landlord at Aba few years later, had numerous properties within and outside Aba,all thanks to his booming shoe business. Life was really good, everybody was happy.

Fastforward to earlier part of this century, the shoe biz became bastardized, the "ogas" who couldn't compromise like the "apprentices" did were virtually fighting to remain afloat. To crown the mayhem, mysterious fire engulfed his shop, razed every damn thing therein.

Man must wack! After mourning his loss, Big bros threw status into the thrashcan, started travelling to Edo State to buy pineapples,snails, Ogbono seeds and what have you.
On his return, he displayed them on the ground in front of his shop, carried bell and started "sales evangelism'. Luck continued to frown at him, the last trip nearly cost his life via a fatal accident.

Man no die, man no rotten! Upon healing, he rented out his residential house, relocated his family down home, started life on a fresh note. Enrolled into biz apprenticeship at his fifties, I mean as full-time salesboy ( or rather salesman). After the tenure, he sold some of his landed properties to start the biz.

Today, his "status" is more than ten times what he was before the shake. Had he dwelt in fool's paradise, maybe, after selling his properties to attend to daily needs, he'll sell me in addition to maintain status quo, just maybe.

It's up to you to choose what gets to you. Remember, success has so many relatives, and failure, an orphan.
My Senior friend once told me " money made from carrying feaces, does not carry the ordour of feaces".

Like Karin rightly said, the distance between your dreams/ plans and reality is action. Stop fantasizing, pull up your sleeves and get down to work.
I'd say, DROP EGO, get down from the high horse, face your fears, you wouldn't know the quantity of water in a coconut until you break it. Nobody takes "status" to the bank.

Sorry about my chronicles.

As per ROI, ma'am Karin has given a good clue.
May God bless our hustles.

10 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by AstuteJay: 7:39am On Sep 26, 2016
Good morning all.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by latestarter: 12:30pm On Sep 26, 2016
Dear All,

Thanks for your frank reactions and advice to my post. I still want to make somethings clearer.

One, white collar job in my sense is decent job with a car and driver allowance not necessarily rich. I have no building of my own but an empty land. So status problem is just education (Bachelors, Post Graduate Diploma & Masters) and other people's perception. And to crown it I'm a part time pastor - so the congregation is also there. I attempted buying a bus on hire purchase to personally operate but was discouraged by my senior pastor on grounds that it was beneath me. Now I'm wiser because nobody is sharing my bills!

So I want to discard all that and start afresh that's why I could say all these here. My initial reaction was to find a way and contact Karin privately but I did not intend to breach her privacy policy she had stated earlier, that's why I came out here.

Karin, you seem economical with your views in that you didn't want to tease my ego. I'm not that egocentric. Those who don't see my inner mind think I'm down to earth because I relate with anyone I want to no matter their station in life.

Presently, there is no money of my own but I can raise up to N600,000 which I had intended to use for the soft loan business club. I have a huge liability already and someone said you must start a business with money you can afford to lose. So I'm not about borrowing to start.

I love rose75: Shit money doesn't have shit odour (my own adaptation). Great quote.

From research I understood that only 2% of Americans can work successfully without any form of supervision. I believe here in Naija it could be 1% or less and I'm thinking that I may belong to the other side. That's why I need someone that I could be accountable to even if anonymously.

Karin, gathering sales boys will take some capital because you'll need to make provision for allowances or salaries for some period before ROI could cater for the allowances.

I'm ready to go along with this model but I needed to be sure of ROI and period of incubation. Also I need to be clear about the source of our goods. Is it going to be centralised? That is sourced from a single company? If we go it individually, securing exclusivity might be a challenge. Already someone in my area has indicated interest now

Once again, I appreciate every comment in reaction to my post and hope that some day I will post a testimony about this. And by the way I wrote a book about myself, Why Success Eluded Me for So Long. It may be helpful to some especially the younger ones. And I intend to write another book, How I Finally Made It. I believe that journey has begun here

2 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 2:22pm On Sep 26, 2016
Wonderful Post.

Maturity and experience combined in one post.
I am really touched. I will give serious thought to how I can help you.

I still prefer to remain anonymous. I suppose other posters will also think along this line.

rose75 and others kindly consider.

Meanwhile, I will respond to your post later today. Ditto to other posts.

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 2:27pm On Sep 26, 2016
So many wonderful posts.

I will comment later. Its really wonderful to know that we have people committed to help themselves.

I hope my next series of posts will address all the concerns expressed above.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply)

A Prototype Of The N5000 Note (pic) / Ekiti Begins Milk Production To Supply Cowbell's Factory In Lagos / 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.