Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital - Business (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital (58826 Views)

22% Bi-Monthly Interest Rate On Frozen food distribution business In PH / From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) / N20,000 Changed To N10 Notes In Ibadan, Apata (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by matoxy(m): 8:10am On Oct 06, 2016
latestarter:
Karin,

Just back from SOB Ventures with Lexaydfg and this was my finding. I believe he will give his own:

1. We met two manufacturers: Sob Ventures & Ferry's from Akute.
2. Sob's brand is NutientRich Sweet Jam Doughnuts
3. Sob has a pack of 25 pieces of doughnuts for #1,000 each & retail price of #50 each
4. Ferry's brand is Ferry's Jam Doughnuts
5. Ferry's comes in a cartoon of 50 pieces for #2,000 & half carton of 25 for #1,000 & retail price of #50
6. Both are of standard taste & aesthetics
7. Sob seems sfweeter & will be patronised by children mainly while Ferry's with less jam & sugar will suit adults
8. Sob has one distributor around the area while Ferry's supplies the Grammar School
9. Exclusivity & appropriate pricing should be handled by Karin as both manufacturers commented that they had commenced discussions with her

Great job. I'm still following religiously, waiting patiently to learn and see how it can get to Ilorin.

Kudos to all.

Karin, Rose, Latestarter....
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by matoxy(m): 8:23am On Oct 06, 2016
trendygirl:
I have been following this thread since a came across it in the early hours of today and i must commend the op.

Actually I reside in Ilorin which means I cannot be a part of this program. However, I believe i can benefit from this thread and use the model for another product in my location.

I am following bumper to bumper.

Good to hear from another fellow from ilorin. I know very soon it will get to Ilorin faster than I thought. Good one
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by olutoyiin: 9:16am On Oct 06, 2016
Karin001:
I had some really great news today that warmed me real good. This is the main purpose of investing this effort on the thread so far. it justifies the the all the energy and other resources expended towards the development of this thread.

I got some very pleasant report on one of my very dear online friends who is very humble, modest and probably as shy as my humble self. this lady in question was able to sell 14 packs of doughnuts by herself yesterday alone and I understand that she made 700 Naira only.

I was impressed and so was the gentleman who volunteered the information.

My dear friend I will not mention you directly but can you please tell us your experience so that others can benefit from it. I really am happy for you. I am sure many people will ask questions and your responses might help lot in helping them decide.

I understand that another person started by buying one pack on the first day and is now buying 8 packs and is selling this volume daily. I cannot identify this particular person but I am hoping the person will identify herself on the body of the thread. Meanwhile her real name I understand starts with the alphabet W.... .

We really could benefit from your experiences.

Lets hope you are willing to share your joys or otherwise.
please we are waiting for you to share your experiences and what went down,well done
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by latestarter: 11:28am On Oct 06, 2016
Karin,

Great to hear from you. It's relieving & thank God the situation is under control. I pray you leave the hospital quicker than you envisaged.

As for order I guess we should get their responses first.
Kudos to those who went ahead in spite of the interregnum.

This project must succeed

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by nutrientrich: 11:41am On Oct 06, 2016
Karin001:
I will now like to address the producers.

Based on the prevailing market prices of your basic raw materials, I would like to request that both of you provide us a new pricing regimen together with specific details of your delivery plan and payments.
I will send you both an email tonight and expect the response tomorrow morning.

I will like to add here nonetheless that in considering your prices and profitability kindly take cognizance of the strength of our numbers, volumes and spread and of course how fast this network of sub-distributors will grow if you can support this venture[b]. Deadline for this will be 12 noon tomorrow.
[/b]
Do note well that I will post your response directly on the thread for all to see and comment.

I am yet to get any mail from you

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Allstrasse: 1:37pm On Oct 06, 2016
Karin001:
I had some really great news today that warmed me real good. This is the main purpose of investing this effort on the thread so far. it justifies the the all the energy and other resources expended towards the development of this thread.

I got some very pleasant report on one of my very dear online friends who is very humble, modest and probably as shy as my humble self. this lady in question was able to sell 14 packs of doughnuts by herself yesterday alone and I understand that she made 700 Naira only.

My dear friend I will not mention you directly but can you please tell us your experience so that others can benefit from it. I really am happy for you. I am sure many people will ask questions and your responses might help lot in helping them decide.

I understand that another person started by buying one pack on the first day and is now buying 8 packs and is selling this volume daily. I cannot identify this particular person but I am hoping the person will identify herself on the body of the thread. Meanwhile her real name I understand starts with the alphabet W.... .

Well, you are really a blessing to many people out here.

There is a lady living close to my favourite aunt some where around Ogba. She is a very happy forward looking girl and her disposition is super despite all odds. She frequently visits and helps my 64 year old aunt without as much as hinting at a reward.

She also rebuffs my offers and compensation. I tried getting her a job with my firm but ot hasnt materialized just yet.

On my last visit to the neighbourhood, I met her with my aunt and showed her this thread. She lit up completely. Through my my aunt she was persuaded to collect 20,000 from me as a loan. She invested in chin-chin cakes and doughnuts and she is quite happy with her performance so far in less than a week. In fact, I just verified that she bought 10 bags today. I understand that the company delivers to her right home now so her profits are wholesome. Her name is Wunmi.

The problem is that I don't know which company delivers to her and at what price. But it appears Karin knows which one of them it is.

This post is just to say a big thank you to karin001. We have started winning. I am so happy for all who will muster the effort to benefit from the nuggets on this thread. My appreciation also goes to the other contributors who made very strengthening contributions to the success of the thread.

This is for real.

And by the way, Karin my offer still stands. I am still very interested in helping, but serious persons only.

By the way Karin001 didnt flout any laws or rules guiding this project. If I did, do accept my apologies.

3 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by MnenaSadiku(f): 10:30pm On Oct 06, 2016
Karin001:

Wow! I'm so sorry I'm just coming online since yesterday. Karin dear, I didn't know you made a request of me. Thanks for giving me the opportunity although it seems like an Herculean task because I am not very good at expressing myself online. Dear readers, please bear with me.

Yes, I sold 14 packs on Tuesday & made N700. Before I go further, I will like to point out that I have never met Karin in real life so she was very correct when she referred to me as her online friend. She has never seen me but she has been a blessing to me. The relationship started from her first thread on snacks business.

Now to my experience, I sell mainly to shops. Most of the schools I went to told me they already had suppliers. Infact, some public schools told me the students would prefer a snack worth N20!!! I didn't let that stop me as I am still trying to get into schools. The challenge with shops is that the traffic is not as high as schools. Most of them will buy like twice a week, instead of everyday. I have customers that buy a pack of 25 doughnuts, some buy two, some even buy half, that is, a dozen pieces. Especially when they are just trying the product. Most people I have met like the quality of the doughnuts so when they buy the first time, they are hooked.

Sincerely speaking, to succeed you need a lot of strength, both inner & outer strength. Especially for someone like me who is not very good at marketing. I am learning on the job, though. I have not arrived, but I've left.

I hope that with these few words of mine, I have been able to encourage someone out there. Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by afanide: 11:55pm On Oct 06, 2016
Nice
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by lexaydfg(m): 7:05am On Oct 07, 2016
MnenaSadiku:

Wow! I'm so sorry I'm just coming online since yesterday. Karin dear, I didn't know you made a request of me. Thanks for giving me the opportunity although it seems like an Herculean task because I am not very good at expressing myself online. Dear readers, please bear with me.

Yes, I sold 14 packs on Tuesday & made N700. Before I go further, I will like to point out that I have never met Karin in real life so she was very correct when she referred to me as her online friend. She has never seen me but she has been a blessing to me. The relationship started from her first thread on snacks business.

Now to my experience, I sell mainly to shops. Most of the schools I went to told me they already had suppliers. Infact, some public schools told me the students would prefer a snack worth N20!!! I didn't let that stop me as I am still trying to get into schools. The challenge with shops is that the traffic is not as high as schools. Most of them will buy like twice a week, instead of everyday. I have customers that buy a pack of 25 doughnuts, some buy two, some even buy half, that is, a dozen pieces. Especially when they are just trying the product. Most people I have met like the quality of the doughnuts so when they buy the first time, they are hooked.

Sincerely speaking, to succeed you need a lot of strength, both inner & outer strength. Especially for someone like me who is not very good at marketing. I am learning on the job, though. I have not arrived, but I've left.

I hope that with these few words of mine, I have been able to encourage someone out there. Thanks.

Yeah, this is the kind of things I like reading in the morning.

I'm really encouraged....

well done

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by lexaydfg(m): 8:36am On Oct 07, 2016
@karin001, how's your baby body? I hope she's getting better? Wish her a quick recovery
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 9:48am On Oct 07, 2016
Nutrientrich and Fairy Pastries have sent in their positions;

According to Nutrientrich her response says;

'Good evening Madam,

Delivery can be made by 7 a.m. at Omole & Ikotun.

The price per pack of 25 is 950.

Thanks Ma'am.

I suppose that this translates to an everyday delivery possibility at these two locations.

Madam Nutrientrich, you didn't mention the payment options as requested. Please post this directly on the thread.

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by moshoodn(m): 2:14pm On Oct 07, 2016
Oooooops! Finally! From page 1 to 15, I read each post word for word. That took me three days to complete, anyways.

Well, Karin001, I have a three bedroom bequeathed to me by my late dad but its been empty for about a year now. I have been thinking of using it as a food processing factory.

How about we have an arm that process and supplies to distributors?

I am looking at the following:
1. Plantain Chips
2. Potato Chips
3. Cocoa Chips
4. Corn Chips (Kokoro)

What do you think?

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 8:07pm On Oct 07, 2016
Thank you for your warm thoughts and prayers.

We were today discharged and given a clean bill of health.

I am revved up to continue with your cooperation.

Please can we all commit to take-of on Monday as planned.

Even if we have to experience a hasty and jerky take-off I suppose that it is better than another delay. Those who are not ready by then canm join the group as we progress.

2 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 8:08pm On Oct 07, 2016

I am revved up to continue with your cooperation.

Please can we all commit to take-of on Monday as planned.

Even if we have to experience a hasty and jerky take-off I suppose that it is better than another delay. Those who are not ready by then canm join the group as we progress.

Tonight, I will try to cover as much ground as possible and then tomorrow night I will ask that those that are interested in commencing on Monday should drop their names here on the body of the thread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 9:11pm On Oct 07, 2016
it appears we have not been able to make a choice between Nutrientrich and Fairy Pastries Doughnuts.
I am now thinking that we should approach the decision as individuals. We have heard from both producers and we can then take an informed decision on the matter. By Sunday I will publish the phone numbers of the two producers here (with their permission of course) and then each individual can then decide to handle his/her own affairs at that point.
I would however suggest that whatever successes or drawbacks are experienced should be posted here for all to read.
While this may be a deviation from our original design I will I am only suggesting it because of two reasons;

1. I observe some lethargy in choosing the preferred producer. I had hoped that the physical sampling and briefs from the producers would
have solver or at least helped in this regard.

2. Secondly I think in the long term the use of the two companies will bring about a very healthy competition among them, thus providing
a viable alternative for the participants.

The above is only a suggestion. Can I get responses or other opinions please?

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 10:10pm On Oct 07, 2016
I am about to make a serious appeal to the would be participants of this project now and in the near or remote future.

Please take this project as seriously as possible. Approach it with the kind of verve and determination that makes it appear to the onlooker as if your entire life depends on it.

Let us develop and forge an Alexandrian mindset in this regard.

Our driving theme will be 'Burn your boats(or Bridges)'

Permit me to bore you a bit with this story that always intrigues me and yet demonstrating the demonstrating the capacity of the human mind whenever it wills to succeed.

It has been said (and I am sure some of you have heard this before) that the the indefatigable warrior Alexander the great when leading his men to battle in what has now become know as the conquest of Persia, he berthed on the shores of the enemy (Persia) and in a quick assessment discovered that the Persian army was numerically stronger than his. He was undeterred and ordered that the boats that brought them be burnt. The statement credited to him during this episode is

''We go home in Persian ships, or we die''.

The only way his army could use Persian boats on their return leg would be by conquering Persia.

And this is what happened. An astounding victory was recorded despite all odds.

Some management theorists are of the school of thought that options should exist in every situation, and contingencies should be provided for in the form of a Plan B and maybe C too. These contingencies are for the worst case scenario. It provides some sense of some security and accessible exit plan. Please note that this is sound thinking and history is replete with examples of times when just such a retreat plan would have been wise.

However, there’s nothing like burning your boats to focus your mind on just the one thing, and that one thing only- success. It’s extraordinary what we as human beings are capable of when we are in a very tight corner with no other option but to give our absolute best (and sometimes even beyond that).

Just give it some thought and you will realize that your greatest success so far is when you were mostly without options.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 10:25pm On Oct 07, 2016
My concept of this project is quite large and I am honestly committed to taking it to heights none of us can even imagine. Yes it is starting small on Nairaland but I assure you that a few people through this effort will make giant strides. I am sure that some people will be befuddled when they come across the kinds of products we are talking about.

Frankly, this is not about selling donoughts, chin-chin or other snacks. It is about building a formidable 'you' such that you become totally 'unstoppable'. This is simply about providing references for our future endeavours. When you come in contact with apparently impossible tasks in the future, your mind will keep referring you to your previous successes in doughnuts, chin-chin etc.Whatever product or service we undertake to sell will be sold and we will benefit.

Again, I will state very clearly that my intentions are very noble and altruistic and will remain so.

I do not now or ever intend to draw any benefits directly from this project. For me all I desire is a homecoming that will translate into a fulfillment which will be based on the testimonies of the successes that will be recorded via posts on this thread.

At no point will you hear me request for compensation. Neither will I seek self aggrandizement at any point. My greatest satisfaction will only draw from knowing that one, or two or more participants have developed some ability in sniffing out opportunities that bombard us daily and hourly in various disguises everyday. I am in for the long haul and together we will succeed in exceeding proportions.

When I consider in all objectivity that a certain stability and focus has been established and testimonies abound, at that point, just as I emerged incognito and started this project I will also vanish into oblivion leaving the beneficiaries to also help others out in ways that they can using whatever platform may be at their disposal.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by latestarter: 12:09am On Oct 08, 2016
Karin001:
My concept of this project is quite large and I am honestly committed to taking it to heights none of us can even imagine. Yes it is starting small on Nairaland but I assure you that a few people through this effort will make giant strides. I am sure that some people will be befuddled when they come across the kinds of products we are talking about.
Frankly, this is not about selling donoughts, chin-chin or other snacks. It is about building a formidable 'you' such that you become totally 'unstoppable'. This is simply about providing references for our future endeavours. When you come in contact with apparently impossible tasks in the future, your mind will keep referring you to your previous successes in doughnuts, chin-chin etc.Whatever product or service we undertake to sell will be sold and we will benefit.
Again, I will state very clearly that my intentions are very noble and altruistic and will remain so.
I do not now or ever intend to draw any benefits directly from this project. For me all I desire is a homecoming that will translate into a fulfillment which will be based on the testimonies of the successes that will be recorded via posts on this thread.
At no point will you hear me request for compensation. Neither will I seek self aggrandizement at any point. My greatest satisfaction will only draw from knowing that one, or two or more participants have developed some ability in sniffing out opportunities that bombard us daily and hourly in various disguises everyday. I am in for the long haul and together we will succeed in exceeding proportions.
When I consider in all objectivity that a certain stability and focus has been established and testimonies abound, at that point, just as I emerged incognito and started this project I will also vanish into oblivion leaving the beneficiaries to also help others out in ways that they can using whatever platform may be at their disposal.
Karin001:
Karin001:

Karin,

You are an enigma. Whatever or whoever gave you this inspiration, you may not really know what you have started but someday it will become a movement.May God bless your soul and may we benefit from your selfless gesture.

There are so many things going on in my mind but one thing is clear: Your undying belief in the venture and the power of FMCG.

As you help us to the summit, you will also be there

2 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 12:59am On Oct 08, 2016
In contributing to this thread, I became imbued with the thought that this effort will God willing will transform into a platform that will introduce a totally different way of creating value for both the producer and the distributor. And it couldn't come at a better time than now. For those of us who read widely you will see in the economic history of nations that there is usually a phase that the country goes through that requires a shutting of borders against economic predators, a time when emphasis is more on the internal economic rejuvenation like an attempt at self sufficiency through the stimulation of local production and then a drift a progressive drift towards export. We are now on threshold of jump starting our own local economic reformation. For the avoidance of doubt a lot of things are taking place now most of them very quietly too. While some people are crying over the situation some others are taking advantage of the situation because they saw this coming and had positioned themselves appropriately. Some smart ones who had not foreseen it yet are nimble and reflexive enough quickly assessed the situation and took on a different view and in doing so reorganized to benefit somewhat.
A quick indicator was what happened a few months ago during the tomatoes scarcity. While some where lamenting seriously some very smart alecs quickly put on their thinking caps and within six months the entire situation ahd changed and now tomatoes are everywhere. Some people invested and benefited from that 'problem'.

With a change in attitude and the governments poise to to stop importation, smart people will rather not fight city hall but rather position themselves to sow minimally and reap maximally.

Mark you that Nigerians are not slackers. Never! There is going to be a flurry of economic activities in the immediate future. Our small scale business sector is going to boom seriously with new entrants coming in to play both locally and internationally. We also have a lot of realignments and mergers that will move small companies from their current size to a somewhat medium status.

This is going to create a lot opportunities in the entire supply/distribution and value chain. Now because most of these companies are going to be quite small they will be disregarded by then money bags thus creating the opportunity for you and me.

An example will suffice here. With the recent down/right sizing of companies that has been going on in the economy that is translating into job cuts there is a lot of terminal benefits moving around and most of them do not really have direction at least for now. Most of that money is going to find its way into the traditional investments like agriculture and some of them manufacturing/processing.
The large chunk of this terminal benefits will go into trade.

For those who have significant cash their first option and supported by most of his/her risk adverse advisers will be to register with a major and long standing FMGCG conglomerates. Here you have the likes of Nestle, Cadbury, Unilever, Dangote, Dufil Prima, golden Penny flour Mills, Honey Well, PZ and a host of others. Some others with really deep pockets will seek distributorships with the giant multinationals like 7UP, Coca- cola, Guiness and Nigerian Breweries. These are all very good investments but certain factors militate against this model for some of us.

1. First reason is usually that the cost of setting up a distributorship with this kind of company requires so much money that it simply isn't really
attractive to the new entrant into F.M.CG.

2. Another reason is that distributorships for this size of company is proliferation. too many distributors in certain territories thus keeping
competition high and margins low.

3.Thirdly and equally importantly is the fact that with a dwindling economy, a lot of supplementary products are going to compete very
favourably with these foreign/big brand products. Examples already abound in Nigeria today. Look at the phone segment. The big names are
consistently losing market share to the less known brands of yesteryears. Tecno, Gionee, Infinix etc are now competing and even outdoing
the majors like Samsung, Apple, Nokia and Blackberry.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 1:17am On Oct 08, 2016
So my recommendation is thus that we should start small, build slowly and very steadily a robust and formidable movement (thanks Latestarter) of committed like minds that will redefine the distribution value chain. We will only use doughnuts and other snacks to start but it will eventually grow into other things. The emphasis for us here will be to learn the art of selling using a non traditional distributive method. The primary idea is to upstage the markets confined major distributors. How can we accomplish this apparently glaring ambition? Our thrust will therefore be to identify sterling products of new entrants into the production or manufacturing or processing sectors of this huge and growing economies and clinch an agreement setting us up as exclusive distributors in various identified territories. That way the producer has demand, we the distributors make a reasonable margin and the product is thus given exposure. Every one is thus a winner.

When a large conglomerate opens shop in Nigeria their first port of call is usually the existing distributors of their competitors who re usually well established in the market place. Most times these old time distributors reject outright good products that are locally made. Where they even condescend to sell you find out that they take undue advantage of the small company until the company proves its mettle by through the wider a acceptance of the product in the market place.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 1:34am On Oct 08, 2016
Effective collaboration only provides benefits and no losses. For the small manufacturer and the far flung distributors, one of the greatest hurdles they have to cross is logistics/delivery. Collaboration can actually completely eradicate or reduce this bottleneck to a bare minimum.
As we progress we will see how the people who live outside Lagos will benefit from this project.

If anybody wants to be a distributor for a Plantain Chips company in Ilorin for instance, he will need to put down the entire cost of buying a substantial quantity so that the volume will defray the cost of transportation. Now this will be difficult for him/her because he cannot invest so much in a yet to be known product. It will take him too much time and energy to sell off for a profit.

let us now assume that there are three people in different parts of Ilorin who desire to distribute this product in Ilorin, you will find out that it will be easier for them to offset the cost when they combine their delivery.

The picture becomes better as they work towards increasing the volume of orders with each delivery.

The picture assumes a more interesting and profitable dimension by the time Two more customers located in Ogbomosho and Oyo have joined this effort so a bigger delivery van with higher carrying capacity is hired to deliver the products to the owners thus reducing the cost per unit of product. the same thing applies to the distributors in Ore, Benin, Agbor, Asaba, Onitsha, Owerri and down to Aba.

Please just give this some thought.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 1:46am On Oct 08, 2016
So in getting started on Monday as agreed, can those who are interested please indicate their monikers before the end of today Saturday.

Kindly state it clearly the following;

Name: Latestarter

Territory: Ojodu Berger

No.of Packs: 4 packs (100 pieces)

Nearest Bus Stop: Ojodu - Berger (First Bank)

Preferred brand: Nutrientrich.

Thanks very much for readership and please provide your inputs so that we can expedite the take-off as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Babacele: 2:28am On Oct 08, 2016
Karin001:
I am about to make a serious appeal to the would be participants of this project now and in the near or remote future.

Please take this project as seriously as possible. Approach it with the kind of verve and determination that makes it appear to the onlooker as if your entire life depends on it.

Let us develop and forge an Alexandrian mindset in this regard.

Our driving theme will be 'Burn your boats(or Bridges)'

Permit me to bore you a bit with this story that always intrigues me and yet demonstrating the demonstrating the capacity of the human mind whenever it wills to succeed.

It has been said (and I am sure some of you have heard this before) that the the indefatigable warrior Alexander the great when leading his men to battle in what has now become know as the conquest of Persia, he berthed on the shores of the enemy (Persia) and in a quick assessment discovered that the Persian army was numerically stronger than his. He was undeterred and ordered that the boats that brought them be burnt. The statement credited to him during this episode is

''We go home in Persian ships, or we die''.

The only way his army could use Persian boats on their return leg would be by conquering Persia.

And this is what happened. An astounding victory was recorded despite all odds.

Some management theorists are of the school of thought that options should exist in every situation, and contingencies should be provided for in the form of a Plan B and maybe C too. These contingencies are for the worst case scenario. It provides some sense of some security and accessible exit plan. Please note that this is sound thinking and history is replete with examples of times when just such a retreat plan would have been wise.

However, there’s nothing like burning your boats to focus your mind on just the one thing, and that one thing only- success. It’s extraordinary what we as human beings are capable of when we are in a very tight corner with no other option but to give our absolute best (and sometimes even beyond that).

Just give it some thought and you will realize that your greatest success so far is when you were mostly without options.

deep. thanks for the lesson.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Occurstaem(m): 4:43am On Oct 08, 2016
Karin001:

It is nice to hear.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Newway2(m): 6:32am On Oct 08, 2016
Hmmmm, Kariin001 has said it all. It takes a discerning mind to see & grab oppurtunities in a dwindling economy & d best market is always at d base of d pyramid (d mass markets) where FMCG's moves like wildfire. This is a perfect stage for champions.

As @Latastarter said, ds thread will gv brith to a movement of FMCG's movers who can collectively negotiate with manufacturers 4 d benefit of its members.

Let all d participant take it as a serious bizness venture with d "Alexadraian" or "Ceasarian" attitude of "Survive or sink" "win or perish" in a "no-retreat-no-surrender's" way.

In months to come, champions will be made & testimonies will rent d air.

Good morning & all d best 2 d participants.

May God bless our hustles.

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by rose75(f): 7:41am On Oct 08, 2016
Thank God for His healing mercies upon your baby.
So glad to have you back. I missed you!!!

That hiatus was a blessing in disguise for me.
I decided to tryout what I've learnt from this thread on plantain chips distribution, and I must say it was (and will remain) a very good venture, it was among the best decisions I've taken this year, the feeling of accomplishment derived therefrom is second to none.

You never know what you can achieve until you try.
We are like rubber bands, the moment you're stretched either voluntarily or compulsively, your latent abilities become manifest and utilitarian.
Karin, God bless you manifold.

Karin001:
Nutrientrich and Fairy Pastries have sent in their positions;

According to Nutrientrich her response says;

'Good evening Madam,

Delivery can be made by 7 a.m. at Omole & Ikotun.

The price per pack of 25 is 950.

Thanks Ma'am.

I suppose that this translates to an everyday delivery possibility at these two locations.

Madam Nutrientrich, you didn't mention the payment options as requested. Please post this directly on the thread.

Does the above position also apply to Fairy Pastries?
Her standpoint should also be made public so as to guide the choice making.

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by estwhile: 7:43am On Oct 08, 2016
Karin001:
So in getting started on Monday as agreed, can those who are interested please indicate their monikers before the end of today Saturday.

Thanks very much for readership and please provide your inputs so that we can expedite the take-off as soon as possible.

Karin, it's good to finally hear from you and thank God your child is fine.

I did notice you're yet to post fairy's response on pricing or maybe she didn't reply?

In any case, my order is stated here under:

Name: estwhile

Territory: Isolo/ part of ejigbo

Nearest Bus Stop: Nnpc depot, ejigbo

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 8:37am On Oct 08, 2016
It appears that I missed the report of Fairy Pastries. The error is entirely mine.

Here we go:

For the sampling period which we hope will last 4-5 days, Fairy Pastries is willing to deliver to the Bus stop the closest to the participant.

Subsequently they are wiling to deliver to participants at their homes provided they are buying a minimum of 20 packs daily and all weekly orders are cash backed. Further clarification will be provided here.

They are also willing to consider a rebate structure for the participants but cannot do anything about the pricing because of the inconsistency of the prices of raw materials.

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by olutoyiin: 10:43am On Oct 08, 2016
estwhile:

Karin, it's good to finally hear from you and thank God your child is fine.

I did notice you're yet to post fairy's response on pricing or maybe she didn't reply?

In any case, my order is stated here under:

Name: estwhile

Territory: Isolo/ part of ejigbo

Nearest Bus Stop: Nnpc depot, ejigbo

estwhile I didn't hear from u again o,guess uve bin doing aggressive marketing
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by olutoyiin: 10:53am On Oct 08, 2016
Karin001:

No.of Packs: 4 packs (100 pieces

Thanks Karin for your time and effort on this thread.I salute you.Thanks for putting everything together despite all odds.Please I want to crave your indulgence that I kick off upper Monday.Reason being that I've a couple of appointments with some school administrators and I hope to get their responses this week before I make any order.Hope this will go down well with you and all involved.I still rep Idimu road,orisumbare,mafoluku
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by olutoyiin: 10:53am On Oct 08, 2016
Karin001:

No.of Packs: 4 packs (100 pieces

Thanks Karin for your time and effort on this thread.I salute you.Thanks for putting everything together despite all odds.Please I want to crave your indulgence that I kick off upper Monday.Reason being that I've a couple of appointments with some school administrators and I hope to get their responses this week before I make any order.Hope this will go down well with you and all involved.I still rep Idimu road,orisumbare,mafoluku and Ile iwe bus stop

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by olutoyiin: 6:56pm On Oct 08, 2016
Where is everyone,this thread has been awfully quiet.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (26) (Reply)

Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited / Can't Send Dollars To Nigeria Any More / Lady Runs Her Salon Business From Under A Tree, Photos Go Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.