Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,342 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital - Business (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital (58845 Views)

22% Bi-Monthly Interest Rate On Frozen food distribution business In PH / From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) / N20,000 Changed To N10 Notes In Ibadan, Apata (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by latestarter: 7:54pm On Oct 03, 2016
Delivery doesn't seem a problem to me but pricing.
Vendors around my area buy doughnuts for N1000 per pack of 25 so if we come with something higher and not exceptional, it won't fly.

Negotiating pricing individually might not fly as well. If we need to collate orders for the producers to figure what they stand to gain, may be it could be helpful.

Nutrientrich mentioned she had agreed for N900 per pack but had to renege because of current cost of production but that seems a better bargain for us. A N100 margin wouldn't be a bad idea, something less isn't motivating. The producers need to understand the quantity we will push for them.

If doughnut wouldn't fly then let's look at chin chin. I really don't understand why we didn't start with chin chin because your strength seems to lie in it. That's what you're doing at the moment and you're pushing quite a huge amount.

I strongly suggest the producers sell for N900 per 25 pack so we can maintain the market rate of N1000 per 25 at least for the beginning. We can look into N1050 after we have been accepted in the market as a formidable ally

2 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 8:25pm On Oct 03, 2016
latestarter:

Delivery doesn't seem a problem to me but pricing.
Vendors around my area buy doughnuts for N1000 per pack of 25 so if we come with something higher and not exceptional, it won't fly.

Negotiating pricing individually might not fly as well. If we need to collate orders for the producers to figure what they stand to gain, may be it could be helpful.

Nutrientrich mentioned she had agreed for N900 per pack but had to renege because of current cost of production but that seems a better bargain for us. A N100 margin wouldn't be a bad idea, something less isn't motivating. The producers need to understand the quantity we will push for them.

If doughnut wouldn't fly then let's look at chin chin. I really don't understand why we didn't start with chin chin because your strength seems to lie in it. That's what you're doing at the moment and you're pushing quite a huge amount.

I strongly suggest the producers sell for N900 per 25 pack so we can maintain the market rate of N1000 per 25 at least for the beginning. We can look into N1050 after we have been accepted in the market as a formidable ally

Thanks Oga latestarter.

Nothing could be closer to the truth. You encapsulated the entire objective of the thread in one sentence. Nothing beats collective bargaining.

I was hoping that with more people coming on board and in forging a united front we could actually look at the possibility of collective bargaining.

Yes it is true that the producers are experiencing a sharp increase in the cost of production occasioned by the ever increasing cost of the US Dollar vis-à-vis the Naira I am sure that in practical terms and increase in the production volume will naturally translate to an increase in turnover and where there is adequate emphasis on efficiency profits are meant to come.

More reactions please.

I didn’t quite decide on the doughnuts but I actually wanted a combination of both. The chin-chin is indeed my strength but I opted for the sales of doughnuts first because in my experience newbies would have to be guided gradually into the sales experience. Doughnuts is an everyday sales. Chin-chin is slower but less risky and more profitable. The choice of doughnuts is just to help newbies begin to see how easy it is to make little monies every single work day.

I will address this issue further when I resume later tonight. At the moment I have to attend to wifely/motherly duties.

Thank you latestarter for this excitement. See you soon.

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by rose75(f): 8:45pm On Oct 03, 2016
Well done Karin!

About pricing:
1: Making a profit of #50 on #1000 irrespective of logistics involved to and fro producer and retailers is not impressive.

2: Selling above the current market rate will not augur well for new entrants trying to carve out a niche for themselves.

3: If one of the producers is not agreeing to terms, then we can make do with whoever does. Note, we're not their paid sales reps., we need our own profits too.

With respect to the odds against the doughnuts and also lending my voice to Latestarter's, Please Karin, is there any particular reason we're not starting with the chin chin whose producers you've already developed business relationship with? I believe you're well aware of how to navigate the waters better. We can add doughnuts as we proceed.

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by rose75(f): 8:55pm On Oct 03, 2016
Karin001:

Thanks Oga latestarter.

Nothing could be closer to the truth. You encapsulated the entire objective of the thread in one sentence. Nothing beats collective bargaining.

I was hoping that with more people coming on board and in forging a united front we could actually look at the possibility of collective bargaining.

Yes it is true that the producers are experiencing a sharp increase in the cost of production occasioned by the ever increasing cost of the US Dollar vis-à-vis the Naira I am sure that in practical terms and increase in the production volume will naturally translate to an increase in turnover and where there is adequate emphasis on efficiency profits are meant to come.

More reactions please.

I didn’t quite decide on the doughnuts but I actually wanted a combination of both. The chin-chin is indeed my strength but I opted for the sales of doughnuts first because in my experience newbies would have to be guided gradually into the sales experience. Doughnuts is an everyday sales. Chin-chin is slower but less risky and more profitable. The choice of doughnuts is just to help newbies begin to see how easy it is to make little monies every single work day.

I will address this issue further when I resume later tonight. At the moment I have to attend to wifely/motherly duties.

Thank you latestarter for this excitement. See you soon.

Explained.

Please negotiate well with the producers so that the little monies would worth the efforts.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Ayinla4sure1(m): 10:28pm On Oct 03, 2016
Iam learning grammar with business grin

I will suggest you first push for chin-chin first and suspend doughnut for now base on narrative on ground. Sorry if I interrupt ur discussion, not yet my territory (Ikorodu)

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by lexaydfg(m): 10:34pm On Oct 03, 2016
rose75:

Explained.

Please negotiate well with the producers so that the little monies would worth the efforts.

The key point to note here is that we need to not only be sure that there is indeed a niche in the market but also that there are enough customers out there who might buy the product. Also, that we can reach enough of them, within our marketing budget/plan, to make a profit.

karin001 has already said sth along this line before.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by latestarter: 10:23am On Oct 04, 2016
Karin,

Please let's re-strategise & announce a feasible commencement day. For now, please renegotiate with our inputs in mind & when things are straightened out, then we start ordering

Let the enthusiasm not wane, please

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by rose75(f): 11:27am On Oct 04, 2016
latestarter:

Karin,[/b]

Please let's re-strategise & announce a feasible commencement day. For now, please renegotiate with our inputs in mind & when things are straightened out, then we start ordering
[b]Let the enthusiasm not wane, please

Well said.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by latestarter: 10:19pm On Oct 04, 2016
Karin,

What's going on?

2 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by rose75(f): 11:44pm On Oct 04, 2016
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by lexaydfg(m): 7:12am On Oct 05, 2016
Hope all is well with karin001
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by rose75(f): 7:15am On Oct 05, 2016
lexaydfg:

I hope so. She's unusually silent of late.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by olutoyiin: 7:48am On Oct 05, 2016
lexaydfg:
maybe duty calls;juggling a business with motherhood ain't no easy task,but I'm hoping she's good

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by latestarter: 9:49am On Oct 05, 2016
Let's all say a word of prayer for Karin.

May God free her from every challenge militating against the progress of this project

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by MnenaSadiku(f): 10:39am On Oct 05, 2016
latestarter:

May God free her from every challenge militating against the progress of this project

Amen!
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Eddy2010(m): 1:23pm On Oct 05, 2016
latestarter:

Obviously, Karin is ephemerally encumbered with some parentage desideratum and business yoyo and whirligigs. Hopefully, she will respond soon. However, Amen to the orison!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by rose75(f): 1:29pm On Oct 05, 2016
latestarter:

Amen!!!
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by rose75(f): 1:34pm On Oct 05, 2016
Eddy2010:

Obviously, Karin is ephemerally encumbered with some parentage desideratum and business yoyo and whirligigs. Hopefully, she will respond soon. However, Amen to the orison!!!

cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by estwhile: 2:53pm On Oct 05, 2016
latestarter:

Amen, I sincerely hope that she's alright though.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Eddy2010(m): 3:44pm On Oct 05, 2016
rose75:

cool cool cool Is that you?

Thats my intellectual afflatus!
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by lexaydfg(m): 7:34pm On Oct 05, 2016
olutoyiin:
maybe duty calls;juggling a business with motherhood ain't no easy task,but I'm hoping she's good

I hope so too
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by lexaydfg(m): 7:35pm On Oct 05, 2016
latestarter:

Amen
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by latestarter: 9:16pm On Oct 05, 2016
Eddy2010,

Are you Hon Patrick from Edo state who was at the National Assembly or his student? Dictionary is expensive now o. You need dollars to bring it in

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Newway2(m): 9:18pm On Oct 05, 2016
Amen.
I hope & pray Karin is allright.
D silence or suspense is unbearable

latestarter:

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 10:23pm On Oct 05, 2016
Hello Everybody, my sincere apologies.

The nature of my setback was instant and thus left no room whatsoever for notification.

One of my young ones had a bout of malaria leading to a feverish pitch that translated to very regular convulsions. I must say that I was alarmed. I type this in a pediatric hospital now and thank goodness it almost over.

We will be discharged by Friday Morning by HIS Grace. The Medics just want the little one to regain some energy then we are out and back home but while still her, I will concentrate as much as possible in filling the gap and redirecting our course.

2 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 11:49pm On Oct 05, 2016
Can we please work with the possibility of now commencing on Monday morning?
I suggest this date because that will give the producers enough time to organize themselves properly.

I understand from the news that the dollar gained more strength recently. This will naturally translate to an increase in the cost of raw materials.

Please note that this will require more aggressive marketing and sales on our own part. It is obvious that the producer will not produce unless he can cover his costs, the retailer will not sell unless his/her profit margin is reasonable. We in the same vein cannot also distribute without getting commensurate compensation for our efforts, neither will the consumer be willing to buy if he cannot perceive value for his well earned money.

So in the circumstances what can we really do?

A balancing act is required here. All actors in the distribution spectrum have to put in a little more.

Certain basics must be understood in this regard. We must still be guided by the fact that the more we sell the better our profitability. I am not advocating that we sell without making profit. That will certainly not do. I am however interested in making money no matter how little and then navigating the business terrain gracefully and with confidence drawn from experience.

I am of the opinion that we start now and no matter the challenges thrown up by the current of the economy we will still be learning the practicals while drawing something else that has inexplicable value; experience.

Please take this very seriously; if we wait till the economy begins to soar then we will be open to a lot of competition. We must as a matter of importance commit/resolve to do something despite the apparent reality. Honestly, it is quite discouraging to do anything right now but the only time we have is now.

Everyone who wants to prosper significantly and in such a way that even if the economy flounders again in the future adequate preparations would have been made and the necessary checks put in place thus ensuring that an effective bias filter surrounds us like an aura.

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 11:57pm On Oct 05, 2016
I will now like to address the producers.

Based on the prevailing market prices of your basic raw materials, I would like to request that both of you provide us a new pricing regimen together with specific details of your delivery plan and payments.
I will send you both an email tonight and expect the response tomorrow morning.

I will like to add here nonetheless that in considering your prices and profitability kindly take cognizance of the strength of our numbers, volumes and spread and of course how fast this network of sub-distributors will grow if you can support this venture. Deadline for this will be 12 noon tomorrow.

Do note well that I will post your response directly on the thread for all to see and comment.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 12:26am On Oct 06, 2016
I had some really great news today that warmed me real good. This is the main purpose of investing this effort on the thread so far. it justifies the the all the energy and other resources expended towards the development of this thread.

I got some very pleasant report on one of my very dear online friends who is very humble, modest and probably as shy as my humble self. this lady in question was able to sell 14 packs of doughnuts by herself yesterday alone and I understand that she made 700 Naira only.

I was impressed and so was the gentleman who volunteered the information.

My dear friend I will not mention you directly but can you please tell us your experience so that others can benefit from it. I really am happy for you. I am sure many people will ask questions and your responses might help lot in helping them decide.

I understand that another person started by buying one pack on the first day and is now buying 8 packs and is selling this volume daily. I cannot identify this particular person but I am hoping the person will identify herself on the body of the thread. Meanwhile her real name I understand starts with the alphabet W.... .

We really could benefit from your experiences.

Lets hope you are willing to share your joys or otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 12:32am On Oct 06, 2016
I have thought of a modest way that we can use to help the serious ones among us who would like to embark on this journey but cannot do so for capital related inhibitions.

I will provide the details of how it will work. there will be no need for me or indeed anyone to collect cash from any donor or sponsor. That way we keep our integrity intact while the beneficiaries will get the help they need. I will outline it tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 12:37am On Oct 06, 2016
On the issue of the chin-chin I will address it tomorrow evening. We will talk about the potential of the business and how it will pan out in the immediate future. The different sizes and how it can be adapted to suit the demand peculiarities of your territory.

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 12:43am On Oct 06, 2016
Finally please let those who are interested in being serviced by Monday (10/10/16)should please indicate their interest by stating their Monikers, location and minimum quantity for the supply. Tomorrow based o the response I get from the producers we should go to sleep on Friday night with a clear picture of Monday morning.

So a example from Latestarter could go thus;

Latestarter; Ojodu-berger up to Grammer School; 2 packs (50 pieces) for Monday morning.
Pickup point will be Omole Main-Gate.

This format will be adequate for now.

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 12:47am On Oct 06, 2016
My intention is that we will start small and then push it gradually till we attain our objective which is even conservative for now. The minimum quantity for order on Monday is 2 packs.

All interested persons will only pay at the point of delivery. On this team no-one should make any payments without my say so at least for now, This is the understanding I want everyone to have.

Eventually, everyone will make their own decisions and naturally stand by the consequences.For it will come.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (26) (Reply)

Lady Runs Her Salon Business From Under A Tree, Photos Go Viral / Can't Send Dollars To Nigeria Any More / Man Uses Mercedes G-Wagon To Sell Plantain In Owerri (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.