Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,165 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital (59007 Views)

22% Bi-Monthly Interest Rate On Frozen food distribution business In PH / From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) / N20,000 Changed To N10 Notes In Ibadan, Apata (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by lexaydfg(m): 4:30pm On Sep 29, 2016
Karin001:

The recommended retail price (RRP) is 50.00. that is what the consumer pays for the product. As a distributor you will have the products discounted for you so that you can make something for yourself. So between the Price you buy it for and the recommended retail price you have your profit lodged between. This profit will always look ridiculously small when looking at it from the angle of singularity. But when you look at it in terms of volume then you marvel at the profitability of the product. Welcome to FMCG, small margins per unit multiplied by large volumes.
Thanks
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by rose75(f): 4:46pm On Sep 29, 2016
Karin001:
Nutrientrich has confirmed that 5 pieces are availba

nutrientrich has just been convinced to drop 20 pieces of donoughts tomorrow at SOB ventures Limited by 4.00pm.

Please lets arrange this tasting and conclude tomorrow. We need to gear up for Tuesday.

Astutejay and Latestarter, could you please help out?,that area is off my catchment.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Bionica: 4:56pm On Sep 29, 2016
Karin, I dont know you from eve but you are doing a marvellous job here. If indeed you are a scam then so be it. So far we haven't lost anything but we have gained maximally.

When I read the post from goldman777, I must confess that I became a bit worried and decided to read your other posts/threads. I just finished reading all and I must say that you are spic and span.

Your rejection of the 500k offer from another poster was quintessential. I did feel it was a bit too blunt but when I read your adduced reasons, I knew that you were right. The likes of Goldman are nothing but distractions. Ignore him completely after all if he wasn't a scam himself he wouldn't be looking for scams even when it doesn't exist.

Secondly, I noticed that you completely avoided discourse in the issue of small loans.

Please revisit the lexaydfg post/request. Some genuine people could really benefit from this entire framework.

Finally, I agree with and respect your demand for anonymity. That endears me more to you. I would have done exactly the same. There really is no need for self-service or aggrandizement.

On the whole you have my support and attention, though I am not a likely participant but I will offer a few tips from time to time.

Well done ma and more strength to your thumbs.

3 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by latestarter: 5:56pm On Sep 29, 2016
Karin,

4pm tomorrow is fine by me. I'll be there but two things: How much are we paying for samples and how do we distribute to others?

rose75, I believe you will like to be part of it.

goldman777,

We don't find you amusing. Please don't be a spoilsport. We're willing to be scammed so leave us alone. Your post here is no longer necessary or we may have to tell the moderator to take you off. A word is enough for the wise
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 6:57pm On Sep 29, 2016
latestarter:
Karin,

4pm tomorrow is fine by me. I'll be there but two things: How much are we paying for samples and how do we distribute to others?

rose75, I believe you will like to be part of it.

goldman777,

We don't find you amusing. Please don't be a spoilsport. We're willing to be scammed so leave us alone. Your post here is no longer necessary or we may have to tell the moderator to take you off. A word is enough for the wise

Latestarter, the samples are offered by the producers free of cost. check an earlier post.

I think if you can pick up all the samples with Astutejay, that should be fine.

I would really have liked rose75 to bend over backwards even with her rheumatism compounded with arthritis on account of old age to be there too but then old age comes with its own complications. 75 aint easy at all.

I also see no reason why Lexaydfg cant join you.

I will arrange it in such a way that you get different product samples from all three companies once and for all. Lets just say the meet at 4.00pm will be wholesome enough and as many people as possible can arrive there and the goods can be shared among all present or represented.

The others who are interested but far flung will just have to make do with your submissions. This is however just my opinion. i am still open to suggestions.

2 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by rose75(f): 8:36pm On Sep 29, 2016
Karin001:

I would really have liked rose75 to bend over backwards even with her rheumatism compounded with arthritis on account of old age to be there too but then old age comes with its own complications. 75 aint easy at all.

b]You're in the spirit Sis.
At least a little sarcasm will do your heart much good. kiss kiss
Even my taste buds are experiencing recession.
[/b]

[b]The others who are interested but far flung will just have to make do with your submissions. This is however just my opinion. i am still open to suggestions.
[/b]

But seriously, the two people can't go wrong. Let's rely on their judgements.
After all, if it's wifey's food, they'll judge aright so let them do the do.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 9:06pm On Sep 29, 2016
rose75:

[/b][/b]

But seriously, the two people can't go wrong. Let's rely on their judgements.
After all, if it's wifey's food, they'll judge aright so let them do the do.

Okay then. 4.00pm is it. All samples from the prospective companies will be available there for 4.00pm prompt.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by AstuteJay: 9:36pm On Sep 29, 2016
Karin001:

Latestarter, the samples are offered by the producers free of cost. check an earlier post.

I think if you can pick up all the samples with Astutejay, that should be fine.

I also see no reason why Lexaydfg cant join you.

I will arrange it in such a way that you get different product samples from all three companies once and for all. Lets just say the meet at 4.00pm will be wholesome enough and as many people as possible can arrive there and the goods can be shared among all present or represented.

The others who are interested but far flung will just have to make do with your submissions. This is however just my opinion. i am still open to suggestions.

I will be there alongside latestarter by 4pm tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by olutoyiin: 10:21pm On Sep 29, 2016
estwhile:
I visited several schools yesterday and here are my findings:

*Government primary schools(at least the few I went) don't allow sales of snacks any longer. Said its not healthy eating habit for the little kids and so food vendors are restricted to offering just cooked food and fruits(saw one selling groundnut though).

*Government secondary school. A food vendor is ready to commence business with me as soon as I'm ready, (I pray that doesn't change)

*A private school (both primary and secondary) is interested as well.

*Few private schools asked for samples

*Other schools already have doughnut suppliers.

I thank God on my hits and need your advice/suggestions on the ones missed. I plan on continuing today by His grace.

Also, ..... As anyone taken Mafoluku yet?

@Olutoyin aren't you interested. It's just across Ajao estate and shouldn't be difficult to reach since you reside in ejigbo..... Just saying.
thanks erstwhile I'm quite new in the area,I dont really know how to navigate the area but will make some findings.I actually stay along idimu road in ejigbo close to Chrisland.Also thumbs up for d survey
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by olutoyiin: 10:28pm On Sep 29, 2016
Karin001:
I have requested for pictures from three different companies making these products which we intend to use as a launchpad.

I expect that they will send it in tonight and if I can find the 'how' I will attempt posting the pictures of the products. I was also able to convince the producers to let go pf their samples for us to taste between tomorrow and Frida
Two of them have agreed so details will be provided for those who intend to taste these products and make further analysis on our behalf. I need volunteers in this regard as I am no longer residing in Lagos.

The samples are free and we will need to pay T.fare to get to the location, identify yourself and pick it up.

Please post your indications to volunteer please.
Hi Karin I had earlier indicated my interest,I reside in ejigbo,I'm yet to get a response from you
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by lexaydfg(m): 3:37am On Sep 30, 2016
I will love to be there but I don't know the place. I'm new in Lagos and I am familiarizing my self with few places because of job interview.

If someone can give me the description to the place from iyana paja, I am good to go then.

Madam karin001, you see that someone has spoken about that loan, I know you don't want to exchange contact with people but I really need it to venture into this business. Just look at the time I'm still awake thinking of ways to raise money before next week. I even took my laptop to a friend yesterday so I can sell it, he said 12000 naira because the battery and one keypad is bad. Please, look into that loan matter.

Concerning the location, someone should please described the place for me from iyana-paja.

It easy to post pictures nah, though i habe never done it. When you want to post a picture, just click on reply after loading, stroll down you will see choose and pick the picture you want to upload on nairaland and then you submit. Make sure you meet the basic requirement when uploading i.e maximum size: 4MB for pictures.

Thanks
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by latestarter: 5:54am On Sep 30, 2016
Karin,

It just occurred to me that Omole Phase 1 has three gates along Ogunnusi Road. It will be helpful if she was specific.
The first gate from my end is opposite GT Bank, the second is opposite Grammar School while the third seems to be the main one (wider than others)close to NNPC Filling Station.
From the post it could be any of these and they are apart so moving from one to the other could take some time.
SOB Ventures is unmistakable

It's getting exciting
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by rose75(f): 7:25am On Sep 30, 2016
lexaydfg:
I will love to be there but I don't know the place. I'm new in Lagos and I am familiarizing my self with few places because of job interview.

If someone can give me the description to the place from iyana paja, I am good to go then.

Madam karin001, you see that someone has spoken about that loan, I know you don't want to exchange contact with people but I really need it to venture into this business. Just look at the time I'm still awake thinking of ways to raise money before next week. I even took my laptop to a friend yesterday so I can sell it, he said 12000 naira because the battery and one keypad is bad. Please, look into that loan matter.

Concerning the location, someone should please described the place for me from iyana-paja.

It easy to post pictures nah, though i habe never done it. When you want to post a picture, just click on reply after loading, stroll down you will see choose and pick the picture you want to upload on nairaland and then you submit. Make sure you meet the basic requirement when uploading i.e maximum size: 4MB for pictures.

Thanks

Hi,
At this point, you have to adopt desperate measures.

Karin is not comfortable with getting involved with money in this project, it's obvious.

Try reaching out directly to Allstrasse, if he could make that wonderful promise out of his own volition, he could consider helping you if he's convinced of your sincerity and commitment. You have nothing to lose by trying.
Good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by olutoyiin: 7:26am On Sep 30, 2016
lexaydfg:

Thanks
I see we are in the same boat,I stayed up last nite too thinking of where to get the money from as I'm a nursing mother.Thought of where to drop my babe off so I can carry out my survey.In the end I concluded that nevertheless when there's a will there's a way.Plus @Karin is it compulsory we start with 20k why cant we just buy the products with the funds we can raise moreso according to the vendors that have shown interest.Please also help us look into that loan issue.thanks
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by lexaydfg(m): 7:49am On Sep 30, 2016
rose75:

Hi,

Karin is not comfortable with getting involved with money in this project, it's obvious.

Try reaching out directly to Allstrasse, if he could make that wonderful promise out of his own volition, he could consider helping you if he's convinced of your sincerity and commitment. You have nothing to lose by trying.
Good luck.
Thanks
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by rose75(f): 8:07am On Sep 30, 2016
[quote author=olutoyiin post=49791064]
I see we are in the same boat,I stayed up last nite too thinking of where to get the money from as I'm a nursing mother.Thought of where to drop my babe off so I can carry out my survey.

Dearie, it's well. I understand your plight perfectly.Your efforts will not go unrewarded.
But please may I ask; if doing a survey is giving you thoughts, how do you intend to do the real marketing stuff?. Don't respond. Just plan well, okay!

@Karin is it compulsory we start with 20k why cant we just buy the products with the funds we can raise

She once wrote " capital outlay of #20,000 or less": meaning that the 20,000 is not cast on stone.
You can actually start with what you have if reasonable enough. Don't go giving yourself hypertension, your baby needs you.

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by olutoyiin: 8:53am On Sep 30, 2016
[quote author=rose75 post=49792037][/quote] thanks for your advise will keep them to heart
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by estwhile: 9:01am On Sep 30, 2016
olutoyiin:
thanks erstwhile I'm quite new in the area,I dont really know how to navigate the area but will make some findings.I actually stay along idimu road in ejigbo close to Chrisland.Also thumbs up for d survey

If You reside Close to Chrisland in Idimu, that means you're closer to Idimu axis. Why not consider working around idimu/orisumbare/ shasha and maybe even the tail end of egbeda(pipeline/isheri) close to Idimu. I'm of the opinion that the mentioned areas are closest to you.
More so, no one is yet to pick that region. But I stand to be corrected.

My suggestion is subject to Karin's approval though.

I feel inclined towards you due to proximity of regions, so please share your thoughts on my opinion (if you don't mind).
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 9:55am On Sep 30, 2016
latestarter:
Karin,

It just occurred to me that Omole Phase 1 has three gates along Ogunnusi Road. It will be helpful if she was specific.
The first gate from my end is opposite GT Bank, the second is opposite Grammar School while the third seems to be the main one (wider than others)close to NNPC Filling Station.
From the post it could be any of these and they are apart so moving from one to the other could take some time.
SOB Ventures is unmistakable

It's getting exciting

I understand. I think it will be the main gate. If not she should have said so. for the avoidance of doubt I have sent her an email requesting for specifics. I will post her reply. But for the moment I will copy and paste her previous response adverbatim just in case there was something I missed in rephrasing;Good Morning Madam.

''The samples can be picked up on Friday (tomorrow), anytime from 4 pm.

Address is SOB Ventures Ltd. Beside Omole Phase 1 Estate gate, along Ogunnusi Road. (Berger-Ogba axis).''

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 10:02am On Sep 30, 2016
lexaydfg:

Thanks

Thanks for the guidance. I will try it later in the day.
I also think you should be there by 4.00pm. take a bus from Iyana Ipaja To Agege and then a tricycle or a bus to Ojodu/Berger and drop at Omole Bus stop.

You can't miss it. But remember that you must get to the location and particular shop by 4.00pm. Remember that there are no phone contacts and you guys have to be there at exactly 4.00pm.

But for you lexaydfg, you must be there
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 10:04am On Sep 30, 2016
estwhile:

If You reside Close to Chrisland in Idimu, that means you're closer to Idimu axis. Why not consider working around idimu/orisumbare/ shasha and maybe even the tail end of egbeda(pipeline/isheri) close to Idimu. I'm of the opinion that the mentioned areas are closest to you.
More so, no one is yet to pick that region. But I stand to be corrected.

My suggestion is subject to Karin's approval though.

I feel inclined towards you due to proximity of regions, so please share your thoughts on my opinion (if you don't mind).

You are so on point.

Secondly, approvals not necessary. i am just a moderator/guide.

We should resolve things maturedly. Refer to Latestarter and Astutejay.

Vintage example of maturity.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 10:19am On Sep 30, 2016
[quote author=rose75 post=49792037][/quote]

I think our old sage has approached this very well. If you cannot approach the survey which is just moving around, how do you intend to handle the sales which might sometimes require you carrying the products in both arms for a distance.

Again on the capital outlay, it is quite flexible, you can buy just what you wish to sell for that day only.

As a matter of fact, in planning for Tuesday, I realized that the best way to go about this is the following;

We will only need an investment of less than 5,000 each. We will only buy what we can try out for that day. You can buy for as little as 1,000.00.

Secondly, payment will only be made on delivery. This will just be for the first week.

I am hoping that I will be able to convince the Production company in this regard.

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 10:25am On Sep 30, 2016
Hurray!!!!!!!!!

The response has come in from Nutrientrich.

She is referring to the 'main gate'.

I will now await the response from the other two companies.

2 Likes

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Karin001(f): 10:39am On Sep 30, 2016
rose75:

Hi,

Good luck.

I am sure you all understand my reasons behind refusing the offer made by the Allstrasse gentleman.

Call it selfish or whatever you like but my integrity is intact and must not be brought below the bar. I am however inclined to rethink my position so that it doesn't look like I am trying to block some people from moving forward. I will think about how we can help these people and then implement a plan that will not soil anyone of us.

Please those who are genuinely interested in taking up this business but who are hindered by the initial outlay of 20,000 or less can you please indicate on thread itself? Please also indicate your preferred sales territory. We will not consider anybody in areas where people have already taken. based on the number we have we will then think up a plan. I will however reiterate that no money must come to me directly. We will just work out something for the interested people.

Again, no emails please, just indicate on the body of the thread.

I will look at the options and revert accordingly.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by lexaydfg(m): 11:05am On Sep 30, 2016
Karin001:

Thanks for the guidance. I will try it later in the day.
I also think you should be there by 4.00pm. take a bus from Iyana Ipaja To Agege and then a tricycle or a bus to Ojodu/Berger and drop at Omole Bus stop.

You can't miss it. But remember that you must get to the location and particular shop by 4.00pm. Remember that there are no phone contacts and you guys have to be there at exactly 4.00pm.

But for you lexaydfg, you must be there

okay, I will be there.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by Bionica: 11:39am On Sep 30, 2016
Karin, I am happy about your reviewed stance on micro loans assistance to interested participants who are indigent.

I wish to commit to helping 5 participants with interest free loan not exceeding 20k each, repayable at the end of March 2017.

How this will be disbursed will be entirely at your discretion.

Finally, among the 5 beneficiaries must be lexaydfg. He has demonstrated commitment and tenacity in this project. I await your approval and further instructions.

Thank you.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by lexaydfg(m): 11:42am On Sep 30, 2016
Bionica:
Karin, I am happy about your reviewed stance on micro loans assistance to interested participants who are indigent.

I wish to commit to helping 5 participants with interest free loan not exceeding 20k each, repayable at the end of March 2017.

How this will be disbursed will be entirely at your discretion.

Finally, among the 5 beneficiaries must be lexaydfg. He has demonstrated commitment and tenacity in this project. I await your approval and further instructions.

Thank you.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyy!!!!!! I am very happy now.

Thanks and God bless you
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by latestarter: 12:06pm On Sep 30, 2016
Hurray!!!!!!!!!

The response has come in from Nutrientrich.

She is referring to the 'main gate'.

I will now await the response from the other two companies.

Noted. I'll be there
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by shiftmarket(m): 12:24pm On Sep 30, 2016
Because of fake gold's accusation, I will suggest that Karin maintain her stands of not being involved with money. Money issue usually does not end well. Rose75 is the next most active person on this forum, she should be saddled with the responsibility. Better still a committee of volunteers can be set up to administer the funds after vetting the applicants.

latestarter:

Noted. I'll be there

1 Like

Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by estwhile: 1:03pm On Sep 30, 2016
Karin001:

I am sure you all understand my reasons behind refusing the offer made by the Allstrasse gentleman.

Call it selfish or whatever you like but my integrity is intact and must not be brought below the bar. I am however inclined to rethink my position so that it doesn't look like I am trying to block some people from moving forward. I will think about how we can help these people and then implement a plan that will not soil anyone of us.

Please those who are genuinely interested in taking up this business but who are hindered by the initial outlay of 20,000 or less can you please indicate on thread itself? Please also indicate your preferred sales territory. We will not consider anybody in areas where people have already taken. based on the number we have we will then think up a plan. I will however reiterate that no money must come to me directly. We will just work out something for the interested people.

Again, no emails please, just indicate on the body of the thread.

I will look at the options and revert accordingly.

I'm interested in the loan as well, so long as it's interest free. Moreover, what are the terms of repayment?
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by nutrientrich: 3:08pm On Sep 30, 2016
latestarter:

Noted. I'll be there

Hi Latestarter,

Presently on my way there from Mowe.

Please call this line when you get there so I'd pick you up.
Re: Start Your F.M.C.G Distribution Business With N20,000 Initial Capital by rose75(f): 3:48pm On Sep 30, 2016
nutrientrich:

Hi Latestarter,

Presently on my way there from Mowe.

Please call this line when you get there so I'd pick you up. 08093857386.

He's around the vicinity now, looking for SOB Ventures.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply)

Ekiti Begins Milk Production To Supply Cowbell's Factory In Lagos / 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 / Warri Billionaire Ayiri Emami Splashes N1.5million On Breakfast(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.