Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,984 members, 7,952,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:14 AM

White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men (5829 Views)

Dating Nigerian Men / I Have A Fear Of Dating Nigerian Men, Help! Please? / White Girls Dating Nigerian Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by Ozlove(f): 4:22pm On Oct 09, 2009
Hi, I'd like some advice please. I'm a unattractive middle aged white woman living in China. Since I've been here I've met MANY west African men and have dated a couple of Nigerian men. So far my experience with them is they are great talkers but basically can't be trusted to tell the truth about almost anything. My trouble is I'm very attracted to these men (who wouldn't be) but need to know are all Nigerian men like this or have I just been very unlucky?
Re: White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 09, 2009
Ozlove:

Hi, I'd like some advice please. I'm a unattractive middle aged white woman living in China. Since I've been here I've met MANY west African men and have dated a couple of Nigerian men. So far my experience with them is they are great talkers but basically can't be trusted to tell the truth about almost anything. My trouble is I'm very attracted to these men (who wouldn't be) but need to know are all Nigerian men like this or have I just been very unlucky?

What kind of question is that? Do you actually expect us to tell you ALL Nigerian men are dishonest? Maybe you are just attracted to the lowlives. I'd advise you to take a second look at yourself!! undecided
Re: White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 09, 2009
My dear there are some good Nigerian men out there they are rare but they are out there. Maybe you are meeting the wrong men. Why emphasise your attractiveness? Seems like you have low self esteem hun, maybe you should work on that before entering a relationship sad

1 Like

Re: White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by candylips(m): 4:44pm On Oct 09, 2009
^^^ good point
Re: White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by Ozlove(f): 4:48pm On Oct 09, 2009
I'm not highlighting my attractiveness, I'm being honest. I'm not good looking and these men are HOT! I'm not a fool and these guys seem to have all read the same play manual. You get almost the same lines out of all of them. Guess I just want to be reassured that I'm not fighting a losing battle. Even the men tell me themselves that you can't trust Nigerian men except for themselves of course.
Re: White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 09, 2009
My dear even we Nigerian women feel like they all have secret meeting where they meet and map out their game plan grin. Having said that, you say you feel its too good to be true and the old saying that says "if it feel too good to be true, it probably is" is right. A woman has great instincts and if you feel something is not right dont stay. You dont need a man to validate you or make you feel happy except of course you have self esteem issues.
Re: White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by sandas: 4:58pm On Oct 09, 2009
if u in the men shoes will go for unattractive oyinbo woman that happen if the man is up to something let us be honest with ourselves
Re: White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by noetic15(m): 4:58pm On Oct 09, 2009
Ozlove:

Ozlove:

I'm not highlighting my attractiveness, I'm being honest. I'm not good looking and these men are HOT! I'm not a fool and these guys seem to have all read the same play manual. You get almost the same lines out of all of them. Guess I just want to be reassured that I'm not fighting a losing battle. Even the men tell me themselves that you can't trust Nigerian men except for themselves of course.

you need to work on ur self esteem and insecurity. No one is unattractive and no one is Hot, . . . . . its a thing of the mind, individual choices and taste.
u are pretty in ur own way. and until u understand that u would always be a victim of men. . . . .nigerians or non-nigerians.

1 Like

Re: White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by Ozlove(f): 5:01pm On Oct 09, 2009
You're right. But until you've lived in China it's hard to understand. A woman has needs and I'm afraid I don't find Chinese men attractive and no white man will look at me when there's a billion gorgeous young Chinese girls to choose from. For me it's just an added bonus that Nigerian men are superb to look at and hook up with, I'm just trying to work out the emotional side of it.
Re: White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 09, 2009
I can see you judged by your looks just like you judge others! You love based on the colour of their skin! Or are you just settling for what you feel is only in your reach? undecided
Re: White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by noetic15(m): 5:04pm On Oct 09, 2009
Ozlove:

You're right. But until you've lived in China it's hard to understand. A woman has needs and I'm afraid I don't find Chinese men attractive and no white man will look at me when there's a billion gorgeous young Chinese girls to choose from. For me it's just an added bonus that Nigerian men are superb to look at and hook up with, I'm just trying to work out the emotional side of it.

what type of a man do u want? . . . . .  .until u define what u want, u would always be a victim of someone else.
Re: White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by Ozlove(f): 5:08pm On Oct 09, 2009
I don't care what colour people are, but come on, you know black people are the most attractive race in the world!
Re: White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by noetic15(m): 5:11pm On Oct 09, 2009
Ozlove:

I don't care what colour people are, but come on, you know black people are the most attractive race in the world!

thats ur opinion. I am attracted to a woman's brains and not her breast/arse. . . . that does not mean I check out their brains when I go clubbing. shocked shocked

My point is. . . . if u want a black guy, go for one. u are beautiful in ur own way, . . it takes a good search to find a good product. . .good luck.
Re: White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by assobroker: 5:18pm On Oct 09, 2009
I have no idea what game you ladies are talking about, i guess we guys are pretty much the same when we are players, as for me i'm just getting out of my shell, so i'm still a shy and sensitive person and a single 24yr old
Re: White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 09, 2009
Ujujoan:

I can see you judged by your looks just like you judge others! You love based on the colour of their skin! Or are you just settling for what you feel is only in your reach? undecided

I think this might be the case in this scenario.

@POSTER.

Would you still date black guys if you were "attractive"
Re: White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by Ozlove(f): 5:37pm On Oct 09, 2009
Absolutely. Everytime I see my current boyfriend without his clothes on, I forget all his shit. Most times he doesn't even have to go that far, just his smile has me going weak. What can I do?
Re: White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by blapo(m): 5:41pm On Oct 09, 2009
MEN we are the same all over the world, just compare your native experience to the Nigeria experience and you will get what you are looking for.
Re: White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by Ozlove(f): 5:52pm On Oct 09, 2009
Blapo, that's not true. My experiences with Australian men are nothing like my experiences with African men. Different cultures and up bringing make for very different people. Why do you think I'm here trying to understand better? Do you really think the average Aussie has any idea what it's like to grow up in Africa? I've been learning over the last few years from the African men I've dated, but I've still only seen the tip of the iceberg. The desperation to get something better for themselves and their families is not something you see a lot of in Aus. I want to improve my relationship, that's why I'm here.

1 Like

Re: White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by assobroker: 5:56pm On Oct 09, 2009
I think I understand what you're getting at Ozlove, you could give me a call and we talk (no hidden agenda) and i'll help you understand more, i'm Seun or you call me Peter 08080588026
Re: White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by Ozlove(f): 6:02pm On Oct 09, 2009
assobroker:

I think I understand what you're getting at Ozlove, you could give me a call and we talk (no hidden agenda) and i'll help you understand more, i'm Seun or you call me Peter 08080588026

Thanks sweetie, but the last thing I need is a 24 yo making my life more complicated. Besides, I live in China so it's too expensive to call.
Re: White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by yme1(f): 6:06pm On Oct 09, 2009
thanks for noticing our sweet sometimes annoying naija men out there kiss
there are still some well sugared loveable once out there
just know what exactly you want from them and what they want from you too
that way you will be able to differ the bad apple from the good once
BEST OF LUCK THO undecided
Re: White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by loleeta199(f): 6:13pm On Oct 09, 2009
Ozlove:

Thanks sweetie, but the last thing I need is a 24 yo making my life more complicated. Besides, I live in China so it's too expensive to call.

ozlove, better stop your rubbish
Re: White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by Ozlove(f): 6:19pm On Oct 09, 2009
loleeta199:

ozlove, better stop your rubbish

What rubbish? I'm being honest. Didn't know that was rubbish.
Re: White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by funsosweet(m): 6:27pm On Oct 09, 2009
@Ozlove

All I know is that Nigerian (lets say african) men endure more in relationship than other men of the world. Well, u may think u are unattractive, but if u were not attractive to them I don't think they would have asked you out, Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

1 Like

Re: White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by Ozlove(f): 6:32pm On Oct 09, 2009
Now we're getting somewhere. What do u mean 'African men endure more in a relationship'? Please help me understand. This isn't about me and my self esteem, I just want to have a better understanding.
Re: White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by sandas: 6:35pm On Oct 09, 2009
i think u should look for someone who loves you for who you are weather white or black

1 Like

Re: White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 09, 2009
Nigerian (lets say african) men endure more in relationship than other men of the world

for where?
Re: White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by funsosweet(m): 6:37pm On Oct 09, 2009
tpia,
Prove me wrong na
Re: White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by yme1(f): 6:39pm On Oct 09, 2009
funsosweet:

@Ozlove

All I know is that Nigerian (lets say african) men endure more in relationship than other men of the world. Well, u may think u are unattractive, but if u were not attractive to them I don't think they would have asked you out, Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
i laugh in spanish at the bolded words undecided
Re: White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by funsosweet(m): 6:42pm On Oct 09, 2009
yme,
If u feel otherwise, prove me wrong
Re: White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by yme1(f): 6:51pm On Oct 09, 2009
funsosweet:

yme,
If u feel otherwise, prove me wrong
of course you and i know you are wrong tongue
Re: White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men by funsosweet(m): 7:51pm On Oct 09, 2009
y me:

of course you and i know you are wrong tongue

I still maintain my stand; I am not wrong. chikena!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Marriage Is Overrated / If you had to marry another tribe/ethnicity apart from your own which wud it be? / I Caught My New Girlfriend With Native Charms!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.