Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,386 members, 7,861,060 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:48 PM

I Like Her But My Best Friend Is Already 'toasting' Her. What Should I Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Like Her But My Best Friend Is Already 'toasting' Her. What Should I Do? (446 Views)

My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-Boyfriend / Lady On Facebook Has Revealed Why Your Husbands Eye Beautiful Girls Like Her! / South African Lady Warns Broke Guys Not To Like Her Photo, Twitter Users Blast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Like Her But My Best Friend Is Already 'toasting' Her. What Should I Do? by anthonydunamis: 9:33pm On Sep 19, 2016
I have learnt some great lessons about dating/relationships and I want to share one of them with you.

The first time I ever set eyes on my wife was about one week after we began 100 level. One of my friends pointed her out and said ‘I like that girl. I will go for her.’ I looked at the girl in question and her body language suggested arrogance and a razor-sharp tongue. Yes, she was pretty but so what? I told him, ‘That one? All these girls that feel as if they are on top of the world. Do whatever you want; it’s not my business’.

A few days later, another close friend of mine told me that he had met a girl who he had fallen for so much that he wanted me to meet her. On that fateful day, when we got there, behold this same fair-complexioned girl! What?! When we got talking, I discovered that beneath the façade of pride, pomposity and snobbishness, there was a good person who was just being protective because she thought all guys had the same heart breaker potential. So, in spite of the fact that at least 5 of my friends were also interested, I decided to take my own interest to the next level and now we are married.

LESSON: Everybody has equal rights to pursue their interests, as long as the lady in question is not in a relationship yet. That someone else, even a friend, is interested in your dream girl does not mean that everybody else must back off. Those nice shoes you are wearing today, do you know how many people admired and wanted them but they could not afford it at that time? Did that stop you from buying the shoes? Imagine someone coming to tell you, “Don’t you dare try to buy those shoes. I was the first to admire them.” Does that even make sense?

The Bible says in 1 Cor 9:25 (GW): “Don't you realize that everyone who runs in a race runs to win, but only one runner gets the prize? Run like them, so that you can win.” The best you can do is let your friend know -in a non-provocative way- that you have decided to pursue your interest just like him. It doesn’t matter who became interested first. That way, you can’t be accused of being shady, dishonest and backstabbing. I think this is true maturity. Except of course, you are not serious about the lady in question. In that case, you can sit there and keep fantasising.

God bless you

2 Likes

Re: I Like Her But My Best Friend Is Already 'toasting' Her. What Should I Do? by divinehand2003(m): 9:42pm On Sep 19, 2016
Toast her too joor. There's no offence in that.
Afterall, she is an adult and she can chose who she wants for a relationship.
Abi your guy don Pay bride price on top her head?

1 Like

Re: I Like Her But My Best Friend Is Already 'toasting' Her. What Should I Do? by dacovajnr: 9:54pm On Sep 19, 2016
Don't like her again and look elsewhere thank you..am highly disappointed in you though..you could've told me and I'd just leave her for you but now it's too lategrin grin grin
Re: I Like Her But My Best Friend Is Already 'toasting' Her. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 19, 2016
divinehand2003:
Toast her too joor. There's no offence in that.
Afterall, she is an adult and she can chose who she wants for a relationship.
Abi your guy don Pay bride price on top her head?
common go back and read d post

(1) (Reply)

Is It Ok For A Lady To Kiss A Guy's Hand? / Funke Akindele Proudly Says ''my Husband Doesn't Allow Me Cook. What Do U Think / My Romatic Hero(es) Episode 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.