Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,046 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

What Do October Rush Mean? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do October Rush Mean? (3702 Views)

My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean / A Girl All Men Are Ready To Rush For / 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Rush Into A Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do October Rush Mean? by Hanoobaba(m): 11:33pm On Oct 11, 2009
Please who can tell me what on earth do October rush mean? The reason I wanna know is because my oldman once told us that he got married to our Mom through October rush. He now told us that in case we're wondering what he was refering to, we should go ask our Mom. I can't ask my Mom but I know I can ask you guys and you'll definately give me the answer.
Re: What Do October Rush Mean? by Kunbee: 11:37pm On Oct 11, 2009
I think u shuld ask ur mum undecided
Re: What Do October Rush Mean? by posakosa(m): 11:37pm On Oct 11, 2009
EXACTLY. Ask your oldman and stop disturbing us with rubbish questions.  smiley
Re: What Do October Rush Mean? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 11, 2009
It means the rushing that happens in October

usually a college student thing when they meet the freshers or JJCs.
Re: What Do October Rush Mean? by Hanoobaba(m): 12:38am On Oct 12, 2009
@tpia: thanks the answer you gave has shed light on some issues i've been trying to figure out.
@the 2 previous posters: I don't know why some nairalanders like to find other people's trouble. If you don't have anything to contribute keep your big mouths shut.
Re: What Do October Rush Mean? by aaidel(m): 1:08am On Oct 12, 2009
It means he rushed to marry her before harmattan which occurs november to february
Re: What Do October Rush Mean? by Hanoobaba(m): 6:30am On Oct 12, 2009
Egbami o! Which of the answers do I follow now?
Re: What Do October Rush Mean? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 12, 2009
Hanoobaba:

Egbami o! Which of the answers do I follow now?

aaidan isnt too wrong since harmattan begins in november, I think. Although his/her answer is obviously tongue in cheek.

The rush usually coincides with the start of the new school year on campus. Fresh new faces and all that. By year two the faces arent looking innocent like before, and another set of boys rush to catch the new incoming batch who dont know anything about guys' machinations yet.

Or maybe its the previous year's JJC boys who are rushing to catch their own missing rib as them don "graduate" from Jambito position.
Re: What Do October Rush Mean? by aaidel(m): 7:06pm On Oct 12, 2009
its not really that much tongue in cheek you knoe before bachelors used to be teased that they would spend the harmattan without anyone to warm their beds so usually there is an increase in the rate of marriages around august september october so that they wont spend harmattan alone and sometimes marriage around this time produce issue quicker as the cold means the newly weds will spend a lot of time warming each other
Re: What Do October Rush Mean? by justwise(m): 7:23pm On Oct 12, 2009
tpia is right, oct rush is when lecturers, playa etc grap new intakes(girls). Its also good time for admission runs.
Re: What Do October Rush Mean? by Hanoobaba(m): 11:00pm On Oct 12, 2009
I think I will go with the college stuff, cos I think they met at laspotech in the early 80s b4 my mum went to UI. Though aaidel is also right to some extent. Those guys are even too sectretive about their love life and relationship. Wetin be my own sef
Re: What Do October Rush Mean? by Nobody: 2:29am On Oct 13, 2009
Hanoobaba:

Those guys are even too sectretive about their love life and relationship. Wetin be my own sef

good question wink
Re: What Do October Rush Mean? by Calebtope(m): 12:44pm On Jan 23, 2016
Hanoobaba:
Please who can tell me what on earth do October rush mean? The reason I wanna know is because my oldman once told us that he got married to our Mom through October rush. He now told us that in case we're wondering what he was refering to, we should go ask our Mom. I can't ask my Mom but I know I can ask you guys and you'll definately give me the answer.
The term “October rush” is a slogan used for the chasing of female freshers by senior male students in tertiary institutions in the country. Most institutions in Nigeria resume academic activities for the first semester in October of every year, except where striking actions or other factors have disrupted the academic calendar year

(1) (Reply)

Guys Do You Bother When Your Girlfriend Calls Other Guys With Sweet Names On Fb? / How I Outsmarted A Girl That Wanted To Chop Me / Hot Naija Girl Goes Half Unclad Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.