Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,551 members, 7,819,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST (66373 Views)

FG Dumps Cattle Colonies, Asks States To Tackle Herdsmen Themselves- Daily Trust / How States Are Coping In This Recession (See List) / Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by tiwiex(m): 1:43pm On Sep 21, 2016
seunmsg:
They can sell the presidential jet and the three useless refineries. However, they must not touch the country's investment in NLNG and the joint ventures with oil companies.

Bros, na script. The assets are as good as sold

1 Like

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Gladiator1: 1:43pm On Sep 21, 2016
They should also sell off Aso Rock... Bunch of illiterates

2 Likes

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by tobesticality: 1:44pm On Sep 21, 2016
If you think the likes of Tinubu, Saraki, Dangote and co will be the ones that will buy them click the LIKE BUTTON.

7 Likes

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by remzytimer: 1:44pm On Sep 21, 2016
cckris:
[size=20pt]Any vote for APC supports the SALE of LNG. Nigerians be warned.
[/size]

Selling Nation's asset will not solve any problem, it will rather brings more hardship on the economy... Guess who the biggest buyer will be? Tinubu and APC alleys[b][/b]...... my hand no de oooo

3 Likes

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by samuelUMOH(m): 1:46pm On Sep 21, 2016
They can sell the citizens also if they wish to ! What a country were senators and house members still earn very high in the midst of hunger and recession. They should cut their allowance until then all politicians are thieves both PDP and Apc are all thieves. It is a pity how youths defend thieves as if they will get share of the loot .

2 Likes

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Wallade(m): 1:48pm On Sep 21, 2016
I agree with the sale of item 3, 4,5 g 6. But I disagree with the need to sell item 1 & 2 because it will be suicidal.

Even at the sale of the refineries, effort should be made to entice foreign and local investors to establish standard and advanced refineries in the 6 geopolitical regions, at least.
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by connkg(m): 1:48pm On Sep 21, 2016
Will this proposed sale not require strenuous legal unbundling from other venture partners like Blue Star and IOCs?
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by CSTR2: 1:48pm On Sep 21, 2016
This is the best idea he can come up with.
How anybody will consider selling NLNG , one of the few national coys that still work is beyond me.
Sai buhari. Nigeria deserves you.
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by athorello(m): 1:48pm On Sep 21, 2016
NAIJ.com lists 6 key assets that are being considered for sale.

Read below:

1. Government shares in Joint Venture Companies (JVCs)

2. Government shares in Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG)

3. Some aircraft in the presidential fleet

4. Kaduna refinery

5. Warri refinery

6. Port Harcourt refinery
I feel like I love this... Then we become full time rent seekers from the petroleum industry while concentrating on development of other sectors.
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by suzy(f): 1:52pm On Sep 21, 2016
all these people saying they should sell. when be the same people dat will buy it either themselves or through some one.
Jokers

2 Likes

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 21, 2016
jodavid:
No matter what they sell,, come 2019,i am voting them out for good
ur wouldn't count sorry....
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by CSTR2: 1:53pm On Sep 21, 2016
Even the so-called redundant refineries can be upgraded if Nigeria has a purposeful and credible government.
Yes, many of the units are obsolete, but they can be upgraded and repaired where necessary .
Give it to a credible engineering firm possibly German or American, highlighting the required specifications, and you would get an almost brand new refinery that would serve Nigeria for decades and give the country enough forex to build new ones.
But then, no sense at all anywhere in Nigeria.
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Mattex001(m): 1:54pm On Sep 21, 2016
recievesense:
I buy my car for 2.5m

I sell am for 1.5m

I settle my debt

I go flex

Settle my area guys and my babies dem

Then I start to dey trek

Then later I borrow money buy

Yeah that's what a "typical man" without direction, focus and priorities would do.
In life individuals, organization and even the government get to face difficult situations. But what you do to salvage these difficult situations is what matters.

I see nothing wrong with selling off assets that the benefits are not fully optimised in the hands of the government.
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by biggz82: 1:54pm On Sep 21, 2016
These aboki ppl knw wat dey are doing oh, if dis is true 1c dey sell all dis asset dey will control d economy full time, cos dey will sell 2 dem self.
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by onatisi(m): 1:57pm On Sep 21, 2016
Goke7:
I think the FG is bringing unnecessary panic on itself. Things are not as gloomy as being painted.

The refineries can be sold and all the airports in the country concessioned for a start. Govt has no business running all our airports.
They are going to sell everything .

1 Like

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Akinaukwa: 1:58pm On Sep 21, 2016
When will Nigeria be sold, we have willing buyers in the prospective regions. grin grin grin
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Junior66(m): 1:59pm On Sep 21, 2016
recievesense:
I buy my car for 2.5m

I sell am for 1.5m

I settle my debt

I go flex

Then I start to dey trek

Then later I borrow money buy another car

And the circle continues...........
the people u gave the money used it to fo business and made 20 million naira. That is how economics works, not this your layman analyses. Have you heard of velocity of money?
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by ozawo1(m): 1:59pm On Sep 21, 2016
The councel sounds progressive, this will become a major area of debate amongst Nigerians now ... But this people have set the ball rolling again! Scam Loading.....

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by MadCow1: 2:00pm On Sep 21, 2016
seunmsg:
They can sell the presidential jet and the three useless refineries. However, they must not touch the country's investment in NLNG and the joint ventures with oil companies.

The Joint Ventures are not working..

The FG never fulfills its part of the J.V Agreement and ends up stiffing the IOC's through shady 'cash calls'.

The F.G should rather focus on developing and owning its own Oil Companies that are into exploration and exploitation.
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 21, 2016
sundayndom:
vote ***
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 21, 2016
sundayndom:
ur vote wouldn't count sorry....
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by ozawo1(m): 2:04pm On Sep 21, 2016
They just mentioned those who are going to acquire the assets...
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Izonpikin: 2:04pm On Sep 21, 2016
seunmsg:
gbam...refineries can be sold...but NLNG should not even come into their heads..
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by blackpanda: 2:04pm On Sep 21, 2016
seunmsg:

Why?
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by jodavid(m): 2:05pm On Sep 21, 2016
sundayndom:

I'm sure I'm not alone in this.. wink
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Izonpikin: 2:05pm On Sep 21, 2016
MadCow1:
Hmmm!

Frankly, I am with the Government on the sale of all the refineries and it's shares in the JVC's but definitely not the NLNG.

The refineries are as good as redundant and from the last bid for some jobs my Company bidded for, they are mostly outdated so I am with them on that.. But the NLNG in Bonny should remain under the FG whilst work is expedited on the Brass NLNG as well.

MEANWHILE:: I hope the Niger Deltans with mega cash have started doing there due deligence on these refineries especially those in the region to put forward a competitive bid for the acquisition of these assets. No be the one wey dem go siddon dey look make Hausa and Yoruba business men come buy am now then dem go start to dey shout say Hausa's own refineries in the region. angry

I am sure Dangote by now has the full technical report on those refineries on his table together with the actual value of the refineries in their current state and also how much it would cost him to revamp and revive them. Thats what a proactive businessman does and thats why he is angling that they be sold.

cool cool cool...my place...

no worry...we go open eye this time... cool cool
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by recievesense: 2:07pm On Sep 21, 2016
Junior66:

the people u gave the money used it to fo business and made 20 million naira. That is how economics works, not this your layman analyses. Have you heard of velocity of money?

Last time I checked I did not recieve any money to improve my business.
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 21, 2016
SS money is mainly for party and elections.

MadCow1:
Hmmm!

Frankly, I am with the Government on the sale of all the refineries and it's shares in the JVC's but definitely not the NLNG.

The refineries are as good as redundant and from the last bid for some jobs my Company bidded for, they are mostly outdated so I am with them on that.. But the NLNG in Bonny should remain under the FG whilst work is expedited on the Brass NLNG as well.

MEANWHILE:: I hope the Niger Deltans with mega cash have started doing there due deligence on these refineries especially those in the region to put forward a competitive bid for the acquisition of these assets. No be the one wey dem go siddon dey look make Hausa and Yoruba business men come buy am now then dem go start to dey shout say Hausa's own refineries in the region. angry

I am sure Dangote by now has the full technical report on those refineries on his table together with the actual value of the refineries in their current state and also how much it would cost him to revamp and revive them. Thats what a proactive businessman does and thats why he is angling that they be sold.

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by musicwriter(m): 2:21pm On Sep 21, 2016
I predicted all this over a year ago. Nigerian government will sell the NNPC and other national businesses as scrap to waiting western hawks disguising as our helpers.

Once that's done, we would enter stage two of the recession. Oil price will miraculously fall further and the loans plus all the profit made from sales of the refineries shall become useless..

Then, the Naira would drop to N1,000/$1. And the FG would be forced to keep selling more and more. Everything of value would be sold to foreigners, until Nigeria itself is bought into neo-slavery.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by braine(m): 2:23pm On Sep 21, 2016
recievesense:
I buy my car for 2.5m

I sell am for 1.5m

I settle my debt

I go flex

Then I start to dey trek

Then later I borrow money buy another car

And the circle continues...........

Very true. This is the classic case of Nigerian government.

1 Like

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by ArabMopol(m): 2:25pm On Sep 21, 2016
those presidential jets is of no use to us for nah, even NASS should be sold off
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by DavidEsq(m): 2:25pm On Sep 21, 2016
seunmsg:
I would be grateful if u cld do us the favour of explaining ur position, pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ / Photo: Is This The Most Beautiful Police Station In Nigeria? / Memes: Reactions Of Nigerians About Beating Of Ekweremadu By IPOB In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.