Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST (66377 Views)

FG Dumps Cattle Colonies, Asks States To Tackle Herdsmen Themselves- Daily Trust / How States Are Coping In This Recession (See List) / Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 21, 2016
kenonze:
Senseless NLC will truncate the process.
But they want recession to end

THEY WANT MAGIC TO HAPPEN grin
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:26pm On Sep 21, 2016
FG should cancel NLNG on their list

Pics NLNG facilities in Bonny Island, most beautiful Island in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Jesusloveyou: 2:29pm On Sep 21, 2016
Thisis2raw:
They shouldn't try and sell Port Harcourt refinery without the notice of we Rivers people
was it build with river state money?

1 Like

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Rilwayne001: 2:30pm On Sep 21, 2016
The news is not entirely true. Naij is just speculating because of the call for it. Let's wait for official statement from the federal government.
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:31pm On Sep 21, 2016
All Nigerians should join hands to stop FG from selling NLNG, it's national treasure, Gas is the future

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by toshmann(m): 2:31pm On Sep 21, 2016
Why dont we sell Buhari himself grin

I'm Sure there are lots of people who would want to buy him for a huge sum of money.

In one fell swoop we not only raise enough money to get us out of the recession, but we also get rid of the cause of the recession.

Genius cheesy

Thank me later cool

1 Like

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by tiwiex(m): 2:39pm On Sep 21, 2016
jodavid:
No matter what they sell,, come 2019,i am voting them out for good

They frittered away many opportunities while blaming GEJ. Let's face it, we are in trouble. Was there a plan to sell these assets before now? It means these people are reactionary and have no long term plans else they would have seen this scenario when all those noise of capital control and TSA was going on. There is no ingenuity in this govt.. Anyone could have sold assets to raise money. The new sherriff noise seems to be over now. They did TSA, zombies hailed him. He said he will attack Niger Delta, they hailed him. He said no de-value, hailing continues. Una don see the outcome? No progress but decline for a year and more. Now na to dey sell our assets. But, this is a dangerous script. Obasanjo's privatization was planned, yet we had some issues but still good. This one is not planned oh. Yet people will say we have a man coming to fix the mess of the past. What mess are we talking about? This sale could have been avoided if Buhari hit the ground running and was still not campaigning after election. Now, they will keep reminding us how GEJ made them sell the assets. That is the story for the next one year. Like I said, it is a script.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by jpphilips(m): 2:40pm On Sep 21, 2016
seunmsg:
They can sell the presidential jet and the three useless refineries. However, they must not touch the country's investment in NLNG and the joint ventures with oil companies.

Instead of increasing their stake in the NLNG, some mofos like Dangote are talking of selling it. Gas is the future for fvcks sake!! the rest are long overdue. Dangote will buy off the NLNG shares just watch, interest groups everywhere, I feel sorry for Buhari!
Our Jv's in the Niger delta are long over due to be disposed, it is no longer profitable, it has been from one crisis to the other, Our JV partners were not stupid when they disposed theirs, what are we still doing with ours?
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by tiwiex(m): 2:42pm On Sep 21, 2016
Rilwayne001:
The news is not entirely true. Naij is just speculating because of the call for it. Let's wait for official statement from the federal government.

Saraki has said it. Dangote has said it. Trust me, they are all involved in this matter. FG will just come out and tell us they have listened to the cry for sale from people through the senate. Bros, these are heading towards a door. This is the way of starting the information flow. It is not Lai that said it o.

1 Like

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by leghagha: 2:44pm On Sep 21, 2016
Niger Deltans should please not agree to selling the LNG.The government is meant to pay 13 percent derivation for gas to the gas producing states /communities and now want to sell their assets.It should be never nehee
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:44pm On Sep 21, 2016
toshmann:

I'm Sure there are lots of people who would want to buy him for a huge sum of money.

In one fell swoop we not only raise enough money to get us out of the recession, but we also get rid of the cause of the recession.

Genius cheesy

Thank me later cool
Those who are interested in NLNG should go and build their own liquify natural gas

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by omojeesu(m): 2:46pm On Sep 21, 2016
Ruin the economy by corruption.
Then turn round to use the corruption money to buy national assets.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Izonpikin: 2:47pm On Sep 21, 2016
toshmann:

Genius cheesy

Thank me later cool
gut you funny scatter...
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 21, 2016
this will be the best time to auction the country to the highest bidder for re-colonization, in exchange for getting us out of recession and writing off our debts

2 Likes

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Rilwayne001: 2:53pm On Sep 21, 2016
tiwiex:

Saraki has said it. Dangote has said it. Trust me, they are all involved in this matter. FG will just come out and tell us they have listened to the cry for sale from people through the senate. Bros, these are heading towards a door. This is the way of starting the information flow. It is not Lai that said it o.

Lol.. It's like you don't know Buhari to be a stiff-necked man that doesn't bend easily for cries such as this.

Let's just be hopeful that he doesn't bring his 'orikoko' into this.
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Sergioaguero: 2:55pm On Sep 21, 2016
If they must sell any of these as suggested by dangote,
he should not be among those to buy from this asset because
this is one of his scheme to recover from his $5.4B lost.
Suggestion for personal gains.

Abeg see more on www.idonshayo.com
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by jpphilips(m): 3:02pm On Sep 21, 2016
MadCow1:

The Joint Ventures are not working..

The FG never fulfills its part of the J.V Agreement and ends up stiffing the IOC's through shady 'cash calls'.

The F.G should rather focus on developing and owning its own Oil Companies that are into exploration and exploitation.

The JV's in the Niger delta should be disposed off as a matter of National emergency, I can't believe we are still maintaining those liabilities calling them assets.
at low crude price and insecurity, royalty alone will be more profitable than owning those assets.

NLNG is a NO NO for me, Gas is the future!!

3 Likes

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Uricas(m): 3:02pm On Sep 21, 2016
ceeethru:
How do you expect an illiterate to act literate, it not possible. Aboki, remains aboki.

what is not from you region you want to sell. how can someone still be a fool at 73
I laugh! Which region are you talking about?
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by MadCow1: 3:05pm On Sep 21, 2016
jpphilips:

The JV's in the Niger delta should be disposed off as a matter of National emergency, I can't believe we are still maintaining those liabilities calling them assets.
at low crude price and insecurity, royalty alone will be more profitable than owning those assets.

NLNG is a NO NO for me, Gas is the future!!

Not only is Gas the future, we are apparently sitting on an insane load of deposit in Nigeria..
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 21, 2016
Like play ....Like play...Nigeria will be sold
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by jpphilips(m): 3:12pm On Sep 21, 2016
tiwiex:

They frittered away many opportunities while blaming GEJ. Let's face it, we are in trouble. Was there a plan to sell these assets before now? It means these people are reactionary and have no long term plans else they would have seen this scenario when all those noise of capital control and TSA was going on. There is no ingenuity in this govt.. Anyone could have sold assets to raise money. The new sherriff noise seems to be over now. They did TSA, zombies hailed him. He said he will attack Niger Delta, they hailed him. He said no de-value, hailing continues. Una don see the outcome? No progress but decline for a year and more. Now na to dey sell our assets. But, this is a dangerous script. Obasanjo's privatization was planned, yet we had some issues but still good. This one is not planned oh. Yet people will say we have a man coming to fix the mess of the past. What mess are we talking about? This sale could have been avoided if Buhari hit the ground running and was still not campaigning after election. Now, they will keep reminding us how GEJ made them sell the assets. That is the story for the next one year. Like I said, it is a script.

Except the NLNG, are you aware that only ignorant Nigerians call those assets, most of them are actually Liabilities if you peruse their books. Have you asked yourself why Kachikwu announced that the NNPC just made their first profit in 20 years early this year, does that sound like a sustainable venture?
People don't plan to lose their jobs neither do they plan the death of their folks, however, when the inevitable happens, you dispose your plots of Land or cars to remain afloat, that is where Nigeria finds herself today.

1 Like

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 21, 2016
Cut salaries of Senate and House members Federal Ministers and their Aides by 65%. Sack all expat executives.

Magically you find you have your $15bn

Never sell national assets why not lease them out for 2years terms renewable and raise money that way

1 Like

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Grundig: 3:20pm On Sep 21, 2016
Government is not in the business of doing business. however we must be reminded that Obj, atiku, tinubu and gej sold state assets to themselves, family and friends and Nigeria did not get any better. We are worse off.

1 Like

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by power900: 3:20pm On Sep 21, 2016
jodavid:
No matter what they sell,, come 2019,i am voting them out for good
who know you?
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by fareed69(m): 3:20pm On Sep 21, 2016
Goke7:
I think the FG is bringing unnecessary panic on itself. Things are not as gloomy as being painted.

The refineries can be sold and all the airports in the country concessioned for a start. Govt has no business running all our airports.

Why the Airport?

What of the security implications

Have you thought of that.
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 21, 2016
I'm not against their plan but non must come from Biafra teritory, because I sense' that may be their target, after all the recession in question was entrenched by them in their bid to victimize Biafran business men, since they are machants in that sector.

If Buhari is really worried about the recession, he wouldn't lead 108 man delegate to America oweing to the huge expence. Even after the sales of those assets, I bet you won't know how the realized funds would be dispensed.

1 Like

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by jodavid(m): 3:31pm On Sep 21, 2016
power900:
who know you?
It's not necessary to be known to vote wink

1 Like

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by jpphilips(m): 3:36pm On Sep 21, 2016
MadCow1:

Not only is Gas the future, we are apparently sitting on an insane load of deposit in Nigeria..

Exactly bro!! Dangote is asking for our future, we must resist!!

1 Like

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by mubarak001(m): 3:37pm On Sep 21, 2016
let them do whateva that pleases them so far NLNG is untouched!. They have secretly met and discussed, now they want to use recession as the pawn (excuse) to get ride of the queen. Their nyash go soon open and we will have #bringbackourNLNG#

Sell or lease? I'm sure if dem cut down salaries of the bigwigs...$15b will show.

Weldone Dangote with your perfect scripted plans...!

1 Like

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Thisis2raw(m): 3:38pm On Sep 21, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
was it build with river state money?
no it was built by ur money. Touch it and u people will see was we have in mind.

1 Like

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by billyG(m): 3:38pm On Sep 21, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Memes: Reactions Of Nigerians About Beating Of Ekweremadu By IPOB In Germany / Ijaw Youths Disrupt Tompolo’s 46th Birthday Party, Guests Escape Via Windows / Photo: Is This The Most Beautiful Police Station In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.