Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

The Desperation To Get Married - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Desperation To Get Married (35371 Views)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / He Was To Get Married On 2nd Of December But Now He Is Late / ''if You Used This Go And Get Married'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by livinbygrace: 8:56pm On Sep 22, 2016
My dear brother,am feeling same here.I have dated many ladies but never took any serious,Infact i never imagined myself still single at 35,sometimes feels lonely and depressed.Its not been easy at all,and I just wonder what a single lady o my age would be going through if as a man I can be feeling uncomfortable.

4 Likes

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by oglalasioux(m): 8:57pm On Sep 22, 2016
Marriage is only a ploy by men of olden days to perpetually subdue women. It's overhyped and a major reason a lot of wrong is in the society.

That one institution that blows fire with water in it's mouth called religion has used the marriage institution to over load world population while it doesn't have a clue on how to curtail the pathology and hunger that accompany it.

It's time marriage is de-emphasized so that our energies will be put into the right things which chief among them is to end poverty, diseases and wars.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by Tobium1(m): 8:58pm On Sep 22, 2016
Do u have a well paid job? Or do u have a business dat can assure u of steady inflow cash? Do u have a car? If yes is ur answer, den dere's no nid for desperation, a typical nigerian girl will locate byforce

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by sisisioge: 8:59pm On Sep 22, 2016
shaybebaby:

Just spread your oyinbo under hot sun, e go brown sharply. tongue
Apart from the butt though, that one no dey see sun. grin

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by mzdeee(f): 8:59pm On Sep 22, 2016
It is not about how far but how well
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by nonjebose(m): 8:59pm On Sep 22, 2016
sisisioge:
OK, pls say no more...will you marry me?

I know there will be times when you'll wonder if you made the right choice but hey, we will do a lot of laughing? Come and marry me.
Sharpness
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by jieta: 8:59pm On Sep 22, 2016
cindybaby22:
Surprised this is coming from a guy
thought it apply to we ladies alone
my elder bro is going to be 41 this month & he doesn't feel the need to get married at all.
him matter tire me
DAT one ni be a foo l at 40.
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 22, 2016
proddey:

Most of the girls you meet online are mostly runs girls.

I would have showed you the traditional way to do it but meh its no use.

If you are good looking.

Just post on your Twitter and fb that you need a woman for marriage.

Check your DM/ inbox the next day.
grin

1 Like

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by xtervaganza(m): 9:01pm On Sep 22, 2016
cindybaby22:
my elder bro is going to be 41 this month & he doesn't feel the need to get married at all.
him matter tire me
I'm not a tribalist, but are you ibo? If yes it's common for ibo meb to marry late

I know quite a lot in Ibadan here over 40 who are still very single

1 Like

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by udysweet(f): 9:02pm On Sep 22, 2016
Beautiful write up. Matured contributions too. @Op may God help you locAte your missing rib. And to all hoping too, may we all be matched to the "One" for us. And may God grant us the spirit f discernment to identify those who have come to stay or play,Amen

4 Likes

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by claremont(m): 9:02pm On Sep 22, 2016
Marriage is an over-rated institution. It's not abnormal for a man not to be keen on marriage, it just goes to show that he is an independent thinker going against societal norms. Get a long-term girlfriend or partner, and enjoy the best of both worlds.

Been then, done that, learnt my lesson, will think twice anf thrice next time. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by naijaboiy: 9:04pm On Sep 22, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Maybe, he's been careful not to make mistakes, probably he's loaded/was once heartbroken. There are a lot of things that can make a guy who's doing well for himself not to get married as expected;

1. His married friends. How are thier marriages? A single man with so many married friends may be scared of marriage just because of what his friends are passing through. They talk about how it has been so difficult as a married man, how they wished they never got married, but if his married friends are enjoying their union, he becomes desperate to get married. He would want to settle down asap so he can also enjoy his wife.

2. Not seeking godly counsel especially if he's loaded. You know, its so difficult for a rich guy to find a woman who will truly love him, and a wise guy wouldn't want to make some funny mistakes. He would prefer to take his time till he finds the right person.

3. Heartbreak! Guys don't easily get over heartbreaks. He finds it very difficult to fall in love again.

4. Fear of commitment! Some of them are so scared of commitment. They don't want to be "caged" by a woman. They want to be free without having to answer to anyone.
So it's now girls that get over heartbreaks easily right? undecided
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by 1metre: 9:04pm On Sep 22, 2016
[quote author=sisisioge post=49563540]OK, pls say no more...will you marry me?

I know there will be times when you'll wonder if you made the right choice but hey, we will do a lot of laughing? Come and marry me.[/quote
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by ammyluv2002(f): 9:06pm On Sep 22, 2016
naijaboiy:

So it's now girls that get over heartbreaks easily right? undecided
Yeah cheesy
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by Cutehector(m): 9:06pm On Sep 22, 2016
You are still unmarried because you kept on chasing what wasn't important.

I"ve given myself a marriage deadline. By age 30 I MUST be married. Whether I have money or not!
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by CuteMorriz: 9:08pm On Sep 22, 2016
mysticgal:
This post coming from a guy proves that desperation to get married is experienced by male and female....
Op I wish you all the best in your search for the person.
Good luck
After reading just this article that I am not quite sure is genuine you have reached a conclusion...Jeez...God abeq no give lady with just a mm brain...
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by Taryur3(m): 9:08pm On Sep 22, 2016
beautiful232:
I'm not surprise anymore
Cause

a man of 43 years old approach me for marriage

And his so danm desperate

And I asked...What were you waiting for till now??

he said his been waiting for the right woman

No woman or man is perfect...Just pray and let GOD take control...
Really beautiful....

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by xtervaganza(m): 9:08pm On Sep 22, 2016
Once you get married you'll know what's up

Not everyone is built for marriage. Some people should just have kids and not marry to be honest

Marriage at times can be insufferable

4 Likes

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by joinnow: 9:09pm On Sep 22, 2016
proddey:

1. You're really not meeting people is the main reason.
2. Your job takes about 80% of your time.
3. You must want someone that wants you
etc

It all depends on what you Want.
Assuming you want a nurse as wife
Step to take.
1. Go to general hospital or top 10 hospital in your vicinity with a friend
2. Stay at the gate and choice the one you want
3. Follow the nurse to her ward
4. Book a date with her provided you ask her if she not married yet.
If unsuccessful
Repeat the cycle.
This is just the easy format bro grin grin cool
Note you are not perfect so even in your widest dream do not expect a perfect woman tongue
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by DoctorAlien(m): 9:11pm On Sep 22, 2016
cindybaby22:
him matter tire me

Them dey follow am from village. Chief priest dey look im destiny from mirror. grin

1 Like

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by oluwasegun007(m): 9:12pm On Sep 22, 2016
" one day I was on my bed in my bedroom and suddenly I felt a rush of emotions come upon me so strongly that all of a sudden I just began to realise that I was desperate to get married. "

na ur pikin wey dey ur scrotal sac dey wipe u cane u no no..... grin grin grin

14 Likes

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by SuperBlack: 9:12pm On Sep 22, 2016
VikingsOO7:
I've read this exact same story before.

https://www.nairaland.com/2815882/travails-marrying-late

Copy and Paste you mean?
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by yuzedo: 9:12pm On Sep 22, 2016
There are 365 LONG-âss days in a typical year.

The average person hopes to be married by 30, and die at 90yrs.

That is 60 motherfücking years of marriage, multiplied by those 365 LONG-âss days first mentioned.

Now that we have established a mental picture of the INFINITE length (i.e. 365 days x 60 years) of a potential relationship with someone who CANNOT love you like you love yourself (or at all, as a matter of fact), let me for the love of GOD, ask;

What is "desperation", and WHY will you have it?

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by mysticgal(f): 9:13pm On Sep 22, 2016
CuteMorriz:
After reading just this article that I am not quite sure is genuine you have reached a conclusion...Jeez...God abeq no give lady with just a mm brain...
What's an mm brain?
Besides, desperation do not just happen to a particular gender but to all genders and this conclusion is irrespective of the fact the Ops article was genuine or not. Mmmmm
Have a nice day smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by CuteMorriz: 9:14pm On Sep 22, 2016
TV01:
Mobilise people and resources. Be at places where you will likely meet people. Be bold - ready to approach in all and any circumstances.

If you are serious,youy will make time, or use what little you have smartly and purposefully. It willbe an issue even after you marry. Wise up.

I would have though that was de rigueur for any serious and mature person?

You have presented no real problem, obstacle or reason to be desperate.

TV
I love this guy he thinks just like me...I have also read some of ur posts...you always think before you type....emmmmm...mama biola bring one OriJin for my niggur
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by jnrbayano(m): 9:14pm On Sep 22, 2016
Cutehector:

I"ve given myself a marriage deadline. By age 30 I MUST be married. Whether I have money or not!

Hahahahahahaha.

It's not about deadlines. Believe me.

You may disagree, but its okay.

1 Like

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 22, 2016
SuperBlack:
Copy and Paste you mean?
He said its a "continuation".
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by chronique(m): 9:14pm On Sep 22, 2016
Easier said than done. Those days,I used to say latest by 27,I'd be married but 27 came,and marriage didn't happen. 30 and more has come and gone,et no show. Thirty something plus is counting and we don't even know what tomorrow holds. Just pray you never get to experience it.
Cutehector:

5 Likes

Re: The Desperation To Get Married by honeygirl17: 9:16pm On Sep 22, 2016
proddey:

Most of the girls you meet online are mostly runs girls.

Hmmmm....OK o
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by MrPresident1: 9:17pm On Sep 22, 2016
yuzedo:
There are 365 LONG-âss days in a typical year.

The average person hopes to be married by 30, and die at 90yrs.

That is 60 motherfücking years of marriage, multiplied by those 365 LONG-âss days first mentioned.

Now that we have established a mental picture of the INFINITE length (i.e. 365 days x 60 years) of a potential relationship with someone who CANNOT love you like you love yourself (or at all, as a matter of fact), let me for the love of GOD, ask;

What is "desperation", and WHY will you have it?

it is the inate desire to be complete and be complemented. Male and female God created us, one part is incomplete without the other.
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by abimbawealth(f): 9:19pm On Sep 22, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: The Desperation To Get Married by Melsan: 9:19pm On Sep 22, 2016
gidjah:
Hmmm,truely speaking,37is not a god time to get hooked up o, you are really selling time behind you bro,wake up and grow up too,you are the man what could have been the reason to have stayed all this long, most of your reasons ain't good with me if you ask me sha.though it is never late , but are you thinking of how old you gonna be when your kids are 8And 10 respectively ?pls re adjust and open your mind , go to functions and social gatherings,flow and blend, in fact ,you do not have to go far, we gat pretty nice ladies(in handful)on this amiable forum,(forget the fact that most of them dey form magaret tacher)they are Godly and quite educated too,I can count them or rather list names here but for security reasons....I have met some personally and some on air,please make us (the men proud)and we shall all wanna celebrate with you.stop been choosey,theres no perfect lady out there,you just be what you ought to be and watch the ideal lady come out to you.Good luck bro.
Uncle gidjah,oto oro le so yi oooo smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

60-Year-Old Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After Many Years Of Waiting / Woman Delivers Baby Boy In Tricycle [photos] / Hilarious Tweets As NIGERIAN MUM Trends On Twitter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.