Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:47 AM

Meeting My Ex-fiancee, Should I Ask Her To Return My #50k Ring? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Meeting My Ex-fiancee, Should I Ask Her To Return My #50k Ring? (2329 Views)

About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? / "Return My Pink Pant" - Girl To Her Friend On Facebook / Man Asks Ex-Fiancee’s Family To Pay Back All The Money He Spent On Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meeting My Ex-fiancee, Should I Ask Her To Return My #50k Ring? by eyinjuege: 5:02pm On Sep 22, 2016
She doesn't have the right to keep the ring.

It wasn't a gift, but a sign of commitment.

However, you left it too long. 2years?
You should have requested for it at most within 6months of your breakup.

It's 2years, it might have been misplaced, or even lost.

You can ask for it sha, but if she says she doesn't have it anymore, let it go.
You left it too long

3 Likes

Re: Meeting My Ex-fiancee, Should I Ask Her To Return My #50k Ring? by kindredspirit(m): 5:27pm On Sep 22, 2016
eyinjuege:
She doesn't have the right to keep the ring.

It wasn't a gift, but a sign of commitment.

However, you left it too long. 2years?
You should have requested for it at most within 6months of your breakup.

It's 2years, it might have been misplaced, or even lost.

You can ask for it sha, but if she says she doesn't have it anymore, let it go.
You left it too long

Yes, you're right. Two years is a long time. She could have misplaced or lost it. But she would most likely have SOLD it. Gold is always coveted. She knew then and mentioned that it must have set me back plenty of thousands to procure it.

We'll see how it goes on Saturday. Watch this space. I'll keep you in the loop.
Re: Meeting My Ex-fiancee, Should I Ask Her To Return My #50k Ring? by cloverwrigth: 5:37pm On Sep 22, 2016
My brother forget that ring abeg. Legally if u had wanted that ring back within 3month you would have asked her back for it. If you molest her cause of it she has a right to arrest you oo.
Re: Meeting My Ex-fiancee, Should I Ask Her To Return My #50k Ring? by hopeforcharles(m): 5:40pm On Sep 22, 2016
kindredspirit:

Julie, I don't feel angry one bit, trust me. I was more or less saved by the bell that the relationship went awry. How would I have coped with a girl that lied so glibly as a wife?

You should read that link that I put in my original post. The reason why I contributed to that thread then was to let people know how barefaced liars could be even after they'd been found out.

I didn't know she was engaged to some other guy until much later when the guy called me to tell me both of them were engaged. I confronted her and she denied. When she returned back to her base, we never saw again hence I didn't / couldn't ask her about my ring.

About giving the ring to a new lady.. Lol! Who's going to tell her that " this ring was the ring that I proposed to an ex with "!? Not me, certainly! But Yes, your right though. The Ring is tainted, so I'm not putting it on the finger of another lady. It could be under some certain hex.

So, to my Gold Merchants, that's where I'm looking at flogging it for cash!

Thanks for your insight. Much appreciated.
My bro forget those who say u should forget the ring, walk up to her and ask for your ring, if it's not there act serious and tell her u will have told her phone till she brings back the ring, I hate things like this, since she doesn't value ur love she should do the honorable and return the ring if no one gree buy I go buy am and resell after all you will sell it cheap to me, hope it's correct Carat Gold ring grin grin
I am serious.
Re: Meeting My Ex-fiancee, Should I Ask Her To Return My #50k Ring? by Julietcutie(f): 6:12pm On Sep 22, 2016
kindredspirit:

Julie, I don't feel angry one bit, trust me. I was more or less saved by the bell that the relationship went awry. How would I have coped with a girl that lied so glibly as a wife?

You should read that link that I put in my original post. The reason why I contributed to that thread then was to let people know how barefaced liars could be even after they'd been found out.

I didn't know she was engaged to some other guy until much later when the guy called me to tell me both of them were engaged. I confronted her and she denied. When she returned back to her base, we never saw again hence I didn't / couldn't ask her about my ring.

About giving the ring to a new lady.. Lol! Who's going to tell her that " this ring was the ring that I proposed to an ex with "!? Not me, certainly! But Yes, your right though. The Ring is tainted, so I'm not putting it on the finger of another lady. It could be under some certain hex.

So, to my Gold Merchants, that's where I'm looking at flogging it for cash!

Thanks for your insight. Much appreciated.
OK I understand better... BTW ur welcome but if you still want the ring is OK its just that I feel it's been awhile lol what if she even misplaced it
Re: Meeting My Ex-fiancee, Should I Ask Her To Return My #50k Ring? by Obinnau(m): 6:18pm On Sep 22, 2016
kindredspirit:

50k or 100k plus, to each their own. But don't you just hate being the butt of a scam ? That's how I felt at that initial stage when it happened. I'd since forgotten. I guess it came to the fore again because of this Buhari change. cheesy

Your point is taken, thanks.
i have been scammed and cheated in relationships, but what's makes you a man is when u brave it and pretend it never happened.
Re: Meeting My Ex-fiancee, Should I Ask Her To Return My #50k Ring? by kindredspirit(m): 6:21pm On Sep 22, 2016
cloverwrigth:
My brother forget that ring abeg. Legally if u had wanted that ring back within 3month you would have asked her back for it. If you molest her cause of it she has a right to arrest you oo.

Yes, thanks for the heads up.

Not sure about the 3-month legal window within which to demand for a property from an ex, but I stand to be corrected. That said, I don't think the matter will escalate to Police Constabulary. I'm not going to molest anybody. I don't have a single violent bone in my body.

We'll see how it goes. I'll keep you apprised after Saturday.
Re: Meeting My Ex-fiancee, Should I Ask Her To Return My #50k Ring? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 22, 2016
kindredspirit:

If you read the story on my post, you would discover where I asked her to fess up so we could just split amicably. I told her then that it wasn't compulsory that we marry, the girl denied and even wept that it was all lies.

The guy didn't spoil the relationship. It was a good thing that it happened as I've long moved on.

I'm not driven by revenge. I just thought it wouldn't be bad to get the Ring so I can pawn it. Maybe my hustle for cash is getting the better of me.

I just read the first story.... Such happened to you truly? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Meeting My Ex-fiancee, Should I Ask Her To Return My #50k Ring? by asahnwaKC: 6:35pm On Sep 22, 2016
Shame....50k ring.
Re: Meeting My Ex-fiancee, Should I Ask Her To Return My #50k Ring? by metallisc(m): 7:46pm On Sep 22, 2016
Talk2Bella:

nah I don't reckon, it means you don't value your present girl, second hand things comes to mind

it's a ring made of precious metal, not a condom! grin
Re: Meeting My Ex-fiancee, Should I Ask Her To Return My #50k Ring? by Talk2Bella(f): 8:59pm On Sep 22, 2016
metallisc:

If it likes let it be made of sperm grin
Re: Meeting My Ex-fiancee, Should I Ask Her To Return My #50k Ring? by pillowcase: 9:46pm On Sep 22, 2016
How can a lady not return the ring,when she knows she isn't interested? Shame on her cos she ought to have returned it since.
Please Collect your ring..it wasn't a gift. It was a symbol of your commitment to her. You need it. You can collect it and throw away Or sell,but please don't give it to your new lady. She can blackmail you in the future(maybe when you're married to another lady) saying you engaged her and refused to marry her. Please ask her for it,if she says she has lost it,then don't worry..the most important thing is that you asked. IT WASN'T A GIFT! Be wise!

1 Like

Re: Meeting My Ex-fiancee, Should I Ask Her To Return My #50k Ring? by kindredspirit(m): 9:46pm On Sep 22, 2016
metallisc:

Touché !! cheesy
Re: Meeting My Ex-fiancee, Should I Ask Her To Return My #50k Ring? by kindredspirit(m): 9:51pm On Sep 22, 2016
pillowcase:
How can a lady not return the ring,when she knows she isn't interested? Shame on her cos she ought to have returned it since.
Please Collect your ring..it wasn't a gift. It was a symbol of your commitment to her. You need it. You can collect it and throw away Or sell,but please don't give it to your new lady. She can blackmail you in the future(maybe when you're married to another lady) saying you engaged her and refused to marry her. Please ask her for it,if she says she has lost it,then don't worry..the most important thing is that you asked. IT WASN'T A GIFT! Be wise!

Respect ! That's some real talk!
Re: Meeting My Ex-fiancee, Should I Ask Her To Return My #50k Ring? by plutosun0123(m): 9:53pm On Sep 22, 2016
*EVERY SUCCESSFUL PERSON OWNS A REAL ESTATE ASSET!
_A decision to buy a plot of land could settle your children's
future for life. It can also secure your financial freedom as your
land will always appreciate in value. Take up an opportunity to
invest in the fastest developing axis in Africa: the *Ibeju-Lekki*
axis of Lagos._
Here are some projects you will find in Ibeju-Lekki:
-Dangote Refinery
-Petrochemical Plant
-Lekki Free Trade Zone
-New International Airport
-New Deep Sea Port
-4th Mainland Bridge
-Lagos Smart City&
-Several other amazing developments.

_These projects are strong indication that the value of land in this area will soon match Victoria Island & Lekki. People
who see the future are investing where the richest man in Africa is investing.

Position yourself and your business now by
buying plots of land in Ibeju-Lekki._
_You don't have to live there but can surely secure regular
income by putting the property up for lease or sell off at a
highly appreciated value in the future.....

*FAST-SELLING PROPERTIES:*
*_1. REHOBETH PARK AND GARDENS PHASE 2_*
_LOCATION: On the Express, 1-min drive from Dangote's
Refinery_
_TITLE: C-of-O_
_PRICE: *N6m*_
_INSTALLMENT: N175k monthly for 36 months (i.e. *N6.3m*)._
*_2. REHOBOTH PARK AND GARDENS PHASE 1_*
_LOCATION: 5-mins drive from Dangote's Refinery_
_TITLE: C of O_
_PRICE: *N5m*_
_INSTALLMENT: N147k monthly for 36 months (i.e. *N5.3m*)_

_If you are interested in buying the future today,
Call or watsapp:08026825915

Re: Meeting My Ex-fiancee, Should I Ask Her To Return My #50k Ring? by kindredspirit(m): 9:58pm On Sep 22, 2016
nma24:
I just read the first story.... Such happened to you truly? shocked shocked shocked

Lol! You got the full picture! Shocking stuff eh? It's as real as it gets. Now you can appreciate where I was coming from hence my creating this thread.
Re: Meeting My Ex-fiancee, Should I Ask Her To Return My #50k Ring? by aktolly54(m): 6:07am On Sep 23, 2016
Nigerian gurls sha, i doubt any nigeria will voluntarily return such thing, YOU KNOW WHAT THEY?"shebi he f*ck me when we are 2gether" .i read it online when CIARA divorce FUTURE she had to return the expensive diamond ring FUTURE bought 4 her ,cus she know that it bring bad memory 4 her but am very sure if na naija babe...hmm. Similarly, when DJ kHale propose to nicki minaj with $500,000 usd worth of diamond ring, she rejected it cus she dont hav feeling 4 him. That particular time COSSY (nigerian big boobs actress) said she would gladly collect the ring if dj khale propose with such expenses shit like that,she like like him or not. May God save us. @op 4GET IT God wil provide 4 u so you buy new one 4 ur new babe. Bcareful with nigeria babe u already know who they are .spend wisely in future 4 gurls

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Back Again........meanwhile / How To Pay Bride Price, Especially When She Is From The Eastern Side - My Story / Is Love A Crime In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.