Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce (19357 Views)

Criticise But Don't Mock Our Anti-Graft War - Lai Mohammed Tells Media / Osinbajo, Malami, Magu, DSS Move To Save Anti-graft War / Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by pythonkid(m): 12:10pm On Sep 23, 2016
Mynd44:
grin grin grin grin grin

And after the friend was picked up and questioned was he released and allowed to go his way?

The EFCC has it in their statutes to question transactions above a certain amount. So what's so wrong there?

i know you're a moderator , but guy must they try to interfere in everything , dont we have right to privacy ?
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by tuniski: 12:13pm On Sep 23, 2016
sarrki:
Mr Ben

I admire your courage contributing to national issues

The local investors you are referring to are looters that

Have looted us dry

We need them to refund back the money to us

If this is what you mean

Then No way
The approach is truly wrong. The money u are not getting recession full ground. Something certainly is wrong with this whole anti corruption brouhaha.
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Justiyke4u: 12:14pm On Sep 23, 2016
bashydemy1:

Why will you be afraid your own country if you make your money legally..

Why will foreign investors will be afraid if they are not into any shady deal? Are people not investing in China? Will you compare the fight against corruption of Nigeria to that of China?
no I cannot compare it with that of China but remember he is not talking about the level of corruption but the "approach" in which the government has adopted. It will be more credible, transparent and convincing if the same measure is used against all suspects.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by progress69: 12:15pm On Sep 23, 2016
blueto:
Very silly, so you mean EFCC should go about interpallating and apprehending individuals because they have some amount of money for investment and other purposes with baseless graft criminations?

No wonder people like this voted in the certificateless cattle rearer.

U always talk like an illiterate. In fact u are a stack naked one. Every country have thier financial laws. If u have no skeleton in ur cup board while will u be scared to invest? Ben Bruce deliberately used the word picked up, instead of invited. As i speak, one of my friends dad was "invited" by the EFFC, he is a berue de change, he was grilled for several hours and granted bail that sameday and he is going about his business today. Someone wrote a petition against him

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by jaymony: 12:15pm On Sep 23, 2016
sarrki:
Mr Ben

Have looted us dry

If this is what you mean

Then No way
....the once they collected from the looters or judas, what have they used it for..when someone is making sense if u don't have anything to contribute...just hide that ur china phone inside ur Abubakar shirt.
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by alt3r3g0: 12:17pm On Sep 23, 2016
blueto:
They threatened to blow up nnpc if PEJ is Arrested, not invited for questionings there are differences between the two! Stop these spurious talks.

Have you forgotten that invited for questioning is the same as arrested in the media?
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Justiyke4u: 12:18pm On Sep 23, 2016
bashydemy1:

Why will you be afraid your own country if you make your money legally..

Why will foreign investors will be afraid if they are not into any shady deal? Are people not investing in China? Will you compare the fight against corruption of Nigeria to that of China?
no I cannot compare it with that of China but remember he is not talking about the level of corruption but the "approach" in which the government has adopted. It will be more credible, transparent and convincing if the same measure is used against all suspects.
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 23, 2016
We need to stop whining like ninnies.

Even here, if you deposit $10,000 and above in a bank, they notify the IRS.

EFCC are kindergarteners compared to the IRS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by OAUTemitayo: 12:20pm On Sep 23, 2016
Investors who want to borrow money they would not pay back like one Web 2.0 Senator abi?
Nonsense!
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by progress69: 12:20pm On Sep 23, 2016
pythonkid:

i know you're a moderator , but guy must they try to interfere in everything , dont we have right to privacy ?
Privacy?? In financial crimes. I give up on some souls in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by jaymony: 12:24pm On Sep 23, 2016
[quote author=Oblang post=49603175]If they are afraid of anti-corruption war then they should go to hell with their investments... We need a long term solution to Nigeria problem not a short term.. Those investors are already in heaven with their money if u don't know...many countries need their blood money...na u dey for complete hell fire called Nigeria under ur Jesus Buhari....is ur buhari righteous??...we have been living wonderfully in corruption for years nothing like this happened u dey here de write English...no worry soon na sun u dey charge ur phone to rush come Nairaland to come comment shit.
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by jaymony: 12:25pm On Sep 23, 2016
[quote author=Oblang post=49603175]If they are afraid of anti-corruption war then they should go to hell with their investments... We need a long term solution to Nigeria problem not a short term..(Quote)...........

Those investors are already in heaven with their money if u don't know...many countries need their corruption n bloody money...na u dey for complete hell fire called Nigeria under ur Jesus Buhari....is ur buhari righteous??...we have been living wonderfully in corruption for years nothing like this happened u dey here de write English...no worry very soon u go dey wait 4 sun to charge dat ur china phone to rush come Nairaland to come comment shit.
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by chillykelly86(m): 12:25pm On Sep 23, 2016
Mynd44:

No. According to the anti-money laundering bill, and transfer of above a certain amount of money must be reported by the bank to the ICPC and EFCC. It is the law.

"Reported" means they're aware of it.

"Picking up" means arresting and they shouldn't do that unless there is cause to do so. That's the point. Follow due process in your "investigations"(first) and prosecutions. The average Nigerian believes everybody that has money "stole it from them" and the anti-graft agencies, seem to be unprofessionally exploiting this erroneous and dangerous sentiment of the common man.
The average investor, on the other hand, is more intelligent that the average man on the street and sees beyond the charade they are calling anti-corruption fight.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Justiyke4u: 12:29pm On Sep 23, 2016
maj007:

No, he is not making any sense. On the contrary, genuine foreign investors want security for their funds from fraudulent activities of the locals. This can only happen in an atmosphere less infested with corruption. Apart from a few indian, chineses, lebanesse, etc who prey on the corrupt practices in the country to deliver substandard services and produts, there should not be any fear for any investor to do business in any corruption free environment.

Also, there has always been a Law that stipulates flagging of banking transactions that exceed certain amounts in both local and foreign currency. Notice of this is always pasted in every bank.

If EFCC is just waking up to act on flagged transactions, i believe that is a good thing for us. Theft of public fund and fraud in private sector will be drastically reduced.

Any legitimately acquired wealth must have a source that can be proven with ease. Money don't just get conjured out of nowhere. Even ritualists have shrine for their money rain (IF THEY ARE CONFIDENT ENOUGH TO SHOW).

MR. COMMON SENSE should go and settle with AMCON first before coming to educate us here. Borrowing and not paying back is also part of corruption that we are talking about.

yes I agree with you but you are emphasising on the level of corruption but he is talking about the approach adopted in fighting corruption. Is the fight transparent enough to convince foreign investors that yes something is going on here? Is the same measure used against all suspects in the cases of corruption. That is the approach is the question. Don't you think that the way the government is going they will think that any day they go against the government or critically criticise the government then the government will fight them with the "weapon of corruption? ". In corruption cases no one should be regarded as saint
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 23, 2016
progress69:

[s]
U always talk like an illiterate. In fact u are a stack naked one. Every country have thier financial laws. If u have no skeleton in ur cup board while will u be scared to invest? Ben Bruce deliberately used the word picked up, instead of invited. As i speak, one of my friends dad was "invited" by the EFFC, he is a berue de change, he was grilled for several hours and granted bail that sameday and he is going about his business today. Someone wrote a petition against him[/s]
Was PEJ invited for questionings before her accounts were freezed and threats were made to confiscate it into the TSA?? get the clear message, EFCC are making irrational moves!. The funds owned by investors may be channelled into the TSA even without investors being giving the opportunity to make clarifications. Stop make illiterate and blinded comments here.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by bighanz(m): 12:31pm On Sep 23, 2016
well, let us be aware Nigeria is going through a cleansing process. for now fraudulent investors are not allowed in... Genuine investors Will still find Nigeria as a good investment ground. Mind You, no real investor wants to invest in a country that her Government supports Corrupt practices.
these whole process will yield good dividends in the near future.
I BELIEVE IN CHANGE!
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Pylony(m): 12:32pm On Sep 23, 2016
In reality, it should have being only investors with dirty slates that should be taking the first flight out of Nigeria. But the thing be say, the anti-corruption campaign is a lopsided one way buoyant boat that only rescue the "BROOM WAVING PIRATES" at sea, as they loot from the "UMBRELLA EX-GENTLEMEN". To get aboard this ugly pirate ship, all you have to do is to denounce your Umbrella in exchange for a Broom. grin grin
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 23, 2016
its time our politicians stop addressing us as fools
why will any local investor wit legit money be scared of investing because of efcc,, even if efcc turn mad dog they cannt bite any1 legitimacy..
politicians say foreign investors but i call them colonial exploiters,, most of this foreigners invest under corruption climate,,,invade tax,,provide substandard goods n service,,,under pay workers especially in manufacturing section,, tins they dare nt do in there country ..some of this foreign investors make so much money in our land than in there respective countries.
the truth is most of the local investors n foreign investors av stain there hands with corruption in one way or d other,, some of this companies are setup to launder stolen money.. so it nt jus buhari alot of tins is wrong wit d composition of our economy
if yu av ur papers,license ,,why fear an AIG @ road block??.., if yu are no criminal y see a policeman n run ??

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by obailala(m): 12:38pm On Sep 23, 2016
blueto:
Random people on social media? are you alright?? http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/prosecute-patience-jonathan-now-serap-tells-fg/
But this is exactly what I'm saying, SERAP isn't EFCC. EFCC would not prosecute except they have invited the person first for a chat/questioning first and the outcome of the questioning reveals the person has a case to answer.

blueto:

What about the plans to forfeit the funds into the TSA without inviting her for questioning in order to ascertain whether it was legitimately or illegitimately sourced?? http://punchng.com/efcc-wants-patience-jonathan-forfeit-15m/
Same thing I'm saying, efcc wouldn't be able to do that until they have established a clear case against her. They would still have to hear from her firstly before they can proceed on anything they 'PLAN' to do. Besides, the controversy surrounding the funds need to be acknowledged; the funds were found in the accounts of 4 different companies, but when frozen, PEJ claims it was her funds. Efcc cant do anything until the hear from her properly.

blueto:

I think that quote is only for “animals”, because I'm a god, Psalm 82:6.
I wasn't referring to you in that statement; I was referring to PEJ being a sacred cow who the efcc cannot touch without adhering strictly to the due processes.
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by bashydemy1: 12:39pm On Sep 23, 2016
Justiyke4u:

And will you compare the approach of Nigeria and China then?
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Justiyke4u: 12:42pm On Sep 23, 2016
bashydemy1:

And will you compare the approach of Nigeria and China then?
I am not abreast with the full facts of China's approach so I won't be in a position to compare but you can educate me a little on that am willing to learn
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Ryabcool(m): 12:45pm On Sep 23, 2016
abhosts:
There are Banks to avoid if you do not want to be harassed due to huge Legitimate Transactions.
eg?
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by progress69: 12:45pm On Sep 23, 2016
blueto:
Was PEJ invited for questionings before her accounts were freezed and threats were made to confiscate it into the TSA?? get the clear message, EFCC are making irrational moves!. The funds owned by investors may be channelled into the TSA even without investors being giving the opportunity to make clarifications. Stop make illiterate and blinded comments here.

Ur level of ignorance is appaling, and ur show is illiteracy is alarming. Firstly the correct word their is froze. Most times i feel u deliberately shame urself on line for some peanuts or u are actually empty. Firstly, do u know money laudering is? And are u awere the 4 companies who actually laudered the money for PEJ have actually pleaded guilty in court? Are u also aware that such money is forfeited to the govt when found guilty. The money was found in the company's acct not PEJ's acct so why the hell is she making silly noise. In b/w ia she trying to buy a celestial body or what, yow can someone claim over N5bn if for medical bills? I am sure u struggled to buy this data. EFCC can freeze ur account before inviting u to clarify, its done world wide. All needed is a court order...

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by WorldRichest: 12:47pm On Sep 23, 2016
blueto:

PEJ could not have been invited because EFCC did not see PEJ name on the accounts. EFCC saw that some companies accounts contain suspicious funds, hence EFCC started investigating the source of the funds and therefore put the accounts on freeze so that the funds would not be moved out. It was PEJ that came out to say that she money is hers and that she wants to use the money to purchase another life, that was how she got herself involved.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Justiyke4u: 12:52pm On Sep 23, 2016
progress69:

Ur level of ignorance is appaling, and ur show is illiteracy is alarming. Firstly the correct word their is froze. Most times i feel u deliberately shame urself on line for some peanuts or u are actually empty. Firstly, do u know money laudering is? And are u awere the 4 companies who actually laudered the money for PEJ have actually pleaded guilty in court? Are u also aware that such money is forfeited to the govt when found guilty. The money was found in the company's acct not PEJ's acct so why the hell is she making silly noise. In b/w ia she trying to buy a celestial body or what, yow can someone claim over N5bn if for medical bills? I am sure u struggled to buy this data. EFCC can freeze ur account before inviting u to clarify, its done world wide. All needed is a court order...
please am sorry am a bit confused is it froze or frozen
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by olisaEze(m): 12:59pm On Sep 23, 2016
sarrki:
Mr Ben

Have looted us dry

If this is what you mean

Then No way

The local investors he's referring to r not "the looters" as uve said. Looters as we've seen so far take d loot out of d country 2invest in anoda man's land.
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 23, 2016
progress69:
[s]

Ur level of ignorance is appaling, and ur show is illiteracy is alarming. Firstly the correct word their is froze. Most times i feel u deliberately shame urself on line for some peanuts or u are actually empty. Firstly, do u know money laudering is? And are u awere the 4 companies who actually laudered the money for PEJ have actually pleaded guilty in court? Are u also aware that such money is forfeited to the govt when found guilty. The money was found in the company's acct not PEJ's acct so why the hell is she making silly noise. In b/w ia she trying to buy a celestial body or what, yow can someone claim over N5bn if for medical bills? I am sure u struggled to buy this data. EFCC can freeze ur account before inviting u to clarify, its done world wide. All needed is a court order...[/s]
Can you substantiate that a court order was granted to efcc that enabled them to freeze her account?? Because according PEJ, no court order was granted to efcc to proceed with such farcical move. And can you also substantiated that those alleged deponents were verified deponents and not “hired mercenaries”?? How silly of you to uses invective phrases against someone just because of cacography and your inane and prejudice thinking faculty. Such ludicrous zombies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by progress69: 1:11pm On Sep 23, 2016
Justiyke4u:
please am sorry am a bit confused is it froze or frozen

EFCC Froze the acct, not EFCC Frozen the acct. Is that clear?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by progress69: 1:18pm On Sep 23, 2016
blueto:
Can you substantiate that a court order was granted to efcc that enabled them to freeze her account?? Because according PEJ, no court order was granted to efcc to proceed with such farcical move. And can you also substantiated that those alleged deponents were verified deponents and not “hired mercenaries”?? How silly of you to uses invective phrases against someone just because of cacography and your inane and prejudice thinking faculty. Such ludicrous zombies.

Hahahahaha. Now i know i am wasting my time with a clown. Her account was frozen, deal with it. Can u also validate that there was no court order, can u also validate that machineries were hired or u are just blabbing from the discomfort of ur little room? Better don't bite urself whilst trying to speak rubbish cheesy. She gave a 14 day ultimatum,lets see what the clown will do. Meanwhile in b/w the ultimatum another acct was frozen grin. Fayose made more noise till evidence was published on the pages of news paper, then he kept quite, Metuhmade more noise but coughed out his share of 400million. She and a blind supporter can rant all u want.... The money will be put into TSA

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Bluffly: 1:22pm On Sep 23, 2016
blueto:
Very silly, so you mean EFCC should go about interpallating and apprehending individuals because they have some amount of money for investment and other purposes with baseless graft criminations?

No wonder people like this voted in the certificateless cattle rearer.

Please reason clearly. First this is a country where no one is known. I'm quite sure that Nigeria does not know you. So when there are suspicious transactions(Situations where such amounts have not been hitting your account) obviously they will come for you. Go to USA, UK.. accounts are being monitored and if money hits your account erractically you will be invited for questioning or probably a secret investigation commenses on you.

This is a volatile country

Irrespective of the political hulabalo surrounding the agency, kindly allow them to function.
Also apologize for callingg that guy silly.
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Bluffly: 1:25pm On Sep 23, 2016
olisaEze:

The local investors he's referring to r not "the looters" as uve said. Looters as we've seen so far take d loot out of d country 2invest in anoda man's land.
There are looters whose money is kept locally. As if you've not heard of the soakaway sagas.
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Lsofdk(m): 1:32pm On Sep 23, 2016
naijaboiy:
A man reached a hotel where he was invited for a wedding. He found two doors, one written brides close relatives and friends; the other written grooms close relatives and friends.

He entered the grooms and found inside two other doors; One written for ladies only and the other gents only. He entered the gents only and walked a few steps just to find two doors One written, those with gifts, the other those without gifts.

Since he was among those who didn't carry anything; he entered, ONLY TO FIND HIMSELF OUT ON THE STREET gringringringrin
Rotflgrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Receives Akinwunmi Adesina, President Of African Development Bank / Enugu Government’s Footprint On Eswama Dump Site / Onnoghen’s Lawyers Move To Stop Arraignment Monday, CJN’s Lawyers Lobby Abba Kya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.