Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce (19361 Views)

Criticise But Don't Mock Our Anti-Graft War - Lai Mohammed Tells Media / Osinbajo, Malami, Magu, DSS Move To Save Anti-graft War / Arrest Obj, IBB, Tinubu, Others To Show Seriousness In Anti-graft War - Asobie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by bumi10(m): 1:32pm On Sep 23, 2016
dahmie2013:
Any investor dat has a valid source of income & right motive 4 doing business, will have nothing 2 fear. People investing in legit businesses will be bold 2 invest in a country like Nigeria in times like dis.
We aren't scaring dem, but paving d way 4 investors 2 come in. Our system is being sanitised.

Welcome to the real world my dear, their is no such time like an investor with legit money.

Even the government cannot boost of legit money.

this is the real world ok
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by hazyfm1: 1:41pm On Sep 23, 2016
blueto:
Just as how they indicted PEJ of graft because she has some amounts of money in her account, even without identifying how she illegitimately sourced the money, not even an invitation for questionings on how she sourced the funds. Buhari has turned EFCC to a laughing stock.

Where do you gather your information from? You and your source is now a laughing stock

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Justiyke4u: 1:43pm On Sep 23, 2016
progress69:

EFCC Froze the acct, not EFCC Frozen the acct. Is that clear?
I mean in the context below
. Can you say her accounts were froze According to what you just said now

blueto:
Was PEJ invited for questionings before her accounts were freezed and threats were made to confiscate it into the TSA?? get the clear message, EFCC are making irrational moves!. The funds owned by investors may be channelled into the TSA even without investors being giving the opportunity to make clarifications. Stop make illiterate and blinded comments here.
progress69:

[quote author=progress69 post=49606268]

Ur level of ignorance is appaling, and ur show is illiteracy is alarming. Firstly the correct word their is froze. Most times i feel u deliberately shame urself on line for some peanuts or u are actually empty. Firstly, do u know money laudering is? And are u awere the 4 companies who actually laudered the money for PEJ have actually pleaded guilty in court? Are u also aware that such money is forfeited to the govt when found guilty. The money was found in the company's acct not PEJ's acct so why the hell is she making silly noise. In b/w ia she trying to buy a celestial body or what, yow can someone claim over N5bn if for medical bills? I am sure u struggled to buy this data. EFCC can freeze ur account before inviting u to clarify, its done world wide. All needed is a court order...
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 23, 2016
progress69:

Hahahahaha. Now i know i am wasting my time with a clown. Her account was frozen, deal with it. Can u also validate that there was no court order, can u also validate that machineries were hired or u are just blabbing from the discomfort of ur little room? Better don't bite urself whilst trying to speak rubbish cheesy. She gave a 14 day ultimatum,lets see what the clown will do. Meanwhile in b/w the ultimatum another acct was frozen grin. Fayose made more noise till evidence was published on the pages of news paper, then he kept quite, Metuhmade more noise but coughed out his share of 400million. She and a blind supporter can rant all u want.... The money will be put into TSA
gringrin I asked you questions and was expecting rational answers only to be replied with the same questions gringringrin

Yes, We expect her account to be frozen, money forfeited, and with her unfairly apprehended and incarcerated with axiomatic and distorted corroborations because such irrational actions and decision are only made under the tenor of the certificateless tyrant gringrin . And it is a pity that he hired such people like him to vindicate him from his flagrant inordinateness grincheesygrin.
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by naijaboiy: 1:50pm On Sep 23, 2016
Lsofdk:

Rotflgrin
grin
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 23, 2016
Bluffly:

Please reason clearly. First this is a country where no one is known. I'm quite sure that Nigeria does not know you. So when there are suspicious transactions(Situations where such amounts have not been hitting your account) obviously they will come for you. Go to USA, UK.. accounts are being monitored and if money hits your account erractically you will be invited for questioning or probably a secret investigation commenses on you.

This is a volatile country

Irrespective of the political hulabalo surrounding the agency, kindly allow them to function.
Also apologize for callingg that guy silly.
I think you should go through the thread and read my quondam replies to your kind.

And note that I didn't call him silly, I only referred to his comment as one.
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by shuggah(m): 1:59pm On Sep 23, 2016
Mynd44:
grin grin grin grin grin

And after the friend was picked up and questioned was he released and allowed to go his way?

The EFCC has it in their statutes to question transactions above a certain amount. So what's so wrong there?
was he supposed to be picked in the first place?? so efcc cannot do underground work like in other countries??

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by lilreese: 2:23pm On Sep 23, 2016
blueto:
What dry are you talking about?? how gullible to accede to the deceptive assertions of the govt that Nigeria is broke. For your information: Buhari’s 1 Year + In Office.

Buhari was handed over:
– $30billion in our Foreign Reserves,
– $2.5billion Sovereign Wealth Fund,
– $1.4billion in the ECA,
– $4.65b back taxes from NLNG.
– Buhari met an approved budget of N4.5trillion

Buhari received within a year:
– $2.7billion collected by Inland Revenue in his first 8 months.
– $2.1billion world bank loan.
– $850million Grants from UK, USA and Europe.
– 1.5trn saved from fuel subsidy removal
– Excluding crude oil sales, Joint Venture profits, Royalties, Income from Customs, NIMMSA, NPA, NACHO ……
– 3trilion on STA
not to include the “recovered” looted funds.

More than a year has passed:
1] Not a kilometer of road constructed,
2] Not a watt of Electricity generated,
3] Not a Ward added to any Hospital in Nigeria.
4] Not a job space created, except the CBN job he shared with his cronies.
5] Not a grain of corn or tomato seed was provided to farmers. [Fertilizer subsidy taken away and handed back to ex-military men] 6] 41 foreign companies mostly in service industry have left Nigeria
7] 4.3 Million jobs lost in 10months – National Bureau of Statistics.
8] Food scarcity last experienced in Nigeria between 1983 to 1985 returned back.
9] War on Corruption turned into war against his perceived enemies. Convictions by EFCC were cases meticulously started by previous govt(s). Buhari wins cases only on the pages of Newspapers.
10] Nigeria dropped from No.1 Investment destination in Africa to No.27 before South Sudan.
11] African Biggest economy shrink from a GDP of about 7% to -0.36%, the fastest decline in the world since record began.
12] No.3 fastest growing economy in the world to No.83 in 365days.

And I wonder why the president keeps giving the impression that the country is broke. The problem is not lack of funds, but lack of qualified individuals in the govt.

Buhari is just a failure. Nigerians enjoy your change
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 23, 2016
bighanz:
well, let us be aware Nigeria is going through a cleansing process. for now fraudulent investors are not allowed in... Genuine investors Will still find Nigeria as a good investment ground. Mind You, no real investor wants to invest in a country that her Government supports Corrupt practices.
these whole process will yield good dividends in the near future.
I BELIEVE IN CHANGE!
Is there any genuine investyor in the world, all a bussiness aim to do is to make profit, they dont care about morality,like he said money is a coward, and the way money will find a "safe"country whether it is good or bad
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Rexnegro(m): 2:32pm On Sep 23, 2016
Love Machine:
I have not seen one apc member that is arrested and detain like pmb and efcc are doing to non apc politicians.
Buhari witch-hunting is like in 1984 where some people with huge amount of money were allowed to go while some were arrested and detain without trial.
allow him witch hunt non APC members, when pdp retain power they should witch hunt non pdp members also. stop Being foolish online as if the looters paid You to defend Them online. abi no be This Country You dey wey gej lack gut to stop looting (The highest ever since 1960) in his govt. we won't Have Being This situation now, if gej had The gut and The political will to curb all the looting. who opened Your cage sef

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Chigold101(m): 2:35pm On Sep 23, 2016
Mynd44:
grin grin grin grin grin

And after the friend was picked up and questioned was he released and allowed to go his way?

The EFCC has it in their statutes to question transactions above a certain amount. So what's so wrong there?
so how can you be questioned after each 50million naira investment?
You should know that some people are quiet in nature and cant even defend their legitmate earnings. How can such people invest here?
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Ugosample(m): 2:37pm On Sep 23, 2016
phemmyutd:

Jonathan was handed over :
Over $40b external reserve
$3b debt
sold crude oil over $100per barrel

YET He left
$64b debt for Buhari
$30b external reserve

oya do the mathematics

Stop lying there.....
Jonathan did not borrow $61b in five years....
why do you people like lying like this....

Jonathan saw the clear fraud in the subsidy thing and decided to get rid of it, but idiot Nigerians with their cronies threatened fire and brimstone and now you known the result.
Under Jonathan, the wage bill ballooned, and NYSC payments increased by more than 100 %

Do you think if OBJ that you hail was paying 18k minimum wage and 19800 for corpers, he would have left Any thing at all?

You people just hate this man, that's your problem..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by bart10: 3:10pm On Sep 23, 2016
Mynd44:
grin grin grin grin grin

Unfortunately it's not that easy. The anti-graft war the way it is now will kill Nigeria. No nation deserve this kind of financial war against her citizens. Buhari is living in the past.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by debbyzzy(m): 3:28pm On Sep 23, 2016
Very valid points. People would rather keep their monies stashed abroad or go invest it someplace else, instead of have someone come lay claims to their investments without recourse to due process or even destroy it completely sef.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 23, 2016
blueto:
Just as how they indicted PEJ of graft because she has some amounts of money in her account, even without identifying how she illegitimately sourced the money, not even an invitation for questionings on how she sourced the funds. Buhari has turned EFCC to a laughing stock.

Nah illiteracy be their problem...

Once they see you with big money, you are a thief.

But Buratai and Abba Kyari are not corrupt.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by haruna99: 4:17pm On Sep 23, 2016
Hmmm oga common sense dis your talk no make sense dis time around o talk like a patriotic citizen and a senator of a country
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by billyG(m): 6:02pm On Sep 23, 2016
blueto:

https://www.thecable.ng/investors-scared-buharis-anti-graft-war-says-bruce?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C1384646018

So he shld allow Halliburton,siemens kind of bribery scandals to continue?BB recieve sense.
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by billyG(m): 7:07pm On Sep 23, 2016
blueto:
What dry are you talking about?? how gullible to accede to the deceptive assertions of the govt that Nigeria is broke. For your information: Buhari’s 1 Year + In Office.

Buhari was handed over:
– $30billion in our Foreign Reserves,
– $2.5billion Sovereign Wealth Fund,
– $1.4billion in the ECA,
– $4.65b back taxes from NLNG.
– Buhari met an approved budget of N4.5trillion

Buhari received within a year:
– $2.7billion collected by Inland Revenue in his first 8 months.
– $2.1billion world bank loan.
– $850million Grants from UK, USA and Europe.
– 1.5trn saved from fuel subsidy removal
– Excluding crude oil sales, Joint Venture profits, Royalties, Income from Customs, NIMMSA, NPA, NACHO ……
– 3trilion on STA
not to include the “recovered” looted funds.

More than a year has passed:
1] Not a kilometer of road constructed,
2] Not a watt of Electricity generated,
3] Not a Ward added to any Hospital in Nigeria.
4] Not a job space created, except the CBN job he shared with his cronies.
5] Not a grain of corn or tomato seed was provided to farmers. [Fertilizer subsidy taken away and handed back to ex-military men] 6] 41 foreign companies mostly in service industry have left Nigeria
7] 4.3 Million jobs lost in 10months – National Bureau of Statistics.
8] Food scarcity last experienced in Nigeria between 1983 to 1985 returned back.
9] War on Corruption turned into war against his perceived enemies. Convictions by EFCC were cases meticulously started by previous govt(s). Buhari wins cases only on the pages of Newspapers.
10] Nigeria dropped from No.1 Investment destination in Africa to No.27 before South Sudan.
11] African Biggest economy shrink from a GDP of about 7% to -0.36%, the fastest decline in the world since record began.
12] No.3 fastest growing economy in the world to No.83 in 365days.

And I wonder why the president keeps giving the impression that the country is broke. The problem is not lack of funds, but lack of qualified individuals in the govt.
So a wailer like u did not know that all consolidated revenues are shared monthly with d 3 tiers of govts.do u know that if d foreign reserve is finish nigeria will b worst than zimbabwe.
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 23, 2016
Rexnegro:
allow him witch hunt non APC members, when pdp retain power they should witch hunt non pdp members also. stop Being foolish online as if the looters paid You to defend Them online. abi no be This Country You dey wey gej lack gut to stop looting (The highest ever since 1960) in his govt. we won't Have Being This situation now, if gej had The gut and The political will to curb all the looting. who opened Your cage sef
Still, his anti-corruption scorecard is 0/10.
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by billyG(m): 7:14pm On Sep 23, 2016
Sen.Ben Bruce shld name that his frd invited by efccc 4 money laundary or i take it that he is high on ogogoro.
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by amaechi1: 7:15pm On Sep 23, 2016
blueto:
It very obvious you have tried to change the narrative. Please, in the first instance, nobody invited PEJ in the matter in the first instance. The seized fund was never in PEJ personal account but a company.
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by progress69: 7:16pm On Sep 23, 2016
blueto:
gringrin I asked you questions and was expecting rational answers only to be replied with the same questions gringringrin

Yes, We expect her account to be frozen, money forfeited, and with her unfairly apprehended and incarcerated with axiomatic and distorted corroborations because such irrational actions and decision are only made under the tenor of the certificateless tyrant gringrin . And it is a pity that he hired such people like him to vindicate him from his flagrant inordinateness grincheesygrin.

Na ur work u dey do. But u are terrible at it grin
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by kashflynn(m): 9:34pm On Sep 23, 2016
Mumu does the corruption in the land affect private investors or public funds? Are private funds stolen or public funds. Have the money in your account ever gone missing? What's concerns investors nd corruption.. Investors would only go to places where there's gains nd certainty... ,

GoodofNaija:
The twitter senator is gradually coming out in defence of his gang of thieves. grin grin grin

How can a sane human say investors are running away from an anticorruption friendly environment. Is that common sense

If you are an investor, would you carry your money to an unsafe corruption loving environment, where your funds/investments can be stolen without been curbed

This guy needs to be flogged I swear angry angry angry angry
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by imohrol(m): 10:12pm On Sep 23, 2016
I am very sorry to sound this way. All those still in support of president Buhari government are those who did not kno what governance is. if u re in support of the activities of govt at the federal level such person can support authoritarian, dictator and tyranny govt. is diz d first govt fighting corruption. for God sake d masses re suffering...
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by olisaEze(m): 11:00pm On Sep 23, 2016
Bluffly:

There are looters whose money is kept locally. As if you've not heard of the soakaway sagas.

To go by your logic, all local investors are now looters, right?
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by bashydemy1: 11:09pm On Sep 23, 2016
Justiyke4u:
I am not abreast with the full facts of China's approach so I won't be in a position to compare but you can educate me a little on that am willing to learn

Well Nigeria Govt only prosecute corrupt people so far and if found guilty will possibly be jailed.

But in China's case, Penalty for corruption is death sentence. Now tell me where will people rather invest.
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Bluffly: 11:10pm On Sep 23, 2016
olisaEze:

To go by your logic, all local investors are now looters, right?
If you like commit a fallacy of generalization, that is your headache.
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Bluffly: 11:14pm On Sep 23, 2016
blueto:
I think you should go through the thread and read my quondam replies to your kind.

And note that I didn't call him silly, I only referred to his comment as one.
Look here, the use of "very silly" in your said comment was arbitrary and for every sane person, the first impression will be referred to the author.

Your kind as well is no surprise so I can't take an offense.
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Apoztl3(m): 3:39pm On Sep 24, 2016
GoodofNaija:

Who are the so called investors in your previous administration
The group of conglomerates that make up the stock market are government agencies and parastatals abi...
Stop showing the world that the money spent on you for your academics was actually a waste
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Justiyke4u: 4:03pm On Sep 24, 2016
bashydemy1:

Well Nigeria Govt only prosecute corrupt people so far and if found guilty will possibly be jailed.

But in China's case, Penalty for corruption is death sentence. Now tell me where will people rather invest.
it corruption a capital offence is not the problem. What people are complaining about is the approach to fight the corruption not the penalty
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by bashydemy1: 11:18pm On Sep 24, 2016
Justiyke4u:
it corruption a capital offence is not the problem. What people are complaining about is the approach to fight the corruption not the penalty

So how should he have approach them please? is it by letting them go with the money?

When Metuh rant to high even he late cooperate and even support the fight against corruption and have you seen him talk anything about corruption issue since then?

How about FFK?

Do you know Nemadi? She is the wife of an Emir in the north and she is in jail presently.

His brother inlaw is in jail.
Re: Buhari’s Anti-graft War Scaring Away Investors – Ben Bruce by Naijiant: 12:12am On Sep 25, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Adeyemi Edun, Daniel Ford Helped Diezani Alison-Madueke Buy Properties In London / I Did Not Say Re-electing Buhari In 2019 Will Collapse Nigeria - Obasanjo Denies / Bukola Saraki Casts His Vote At Polling Unit In Ilorin (photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.