Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,683 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage (18353 Views)

How We Achieved More Power For National Grid Despite Sabotage / Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW / FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by Trybes(m): 11:30am On Sep 25, 2016
A mere 400megawatt is making news in Nigeria it's a big shame.

Does it require so much brain to make it 40000megawatt
Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by Oildichotomy(m): 11:34am On Sep 25, 2016
[size=13pt]Foolishness is when Zombies expect people to join hands and advice their incompetence when they never did same

[/size]
Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by Osyxcel(m): 11:37am On Sep 25, 2016
Ovamboland:

You can never get it can you?
If not for the maintenance carried out you will have rainfall but no 400MW additional power enjoyed today

Bros, everything is just plain propaganda... Maintenance should be a normal routine, so I see nothing exceptional there.
Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by Freegift75: 11:41am On Sep 25, 2016
16 years of PDP, no MW was added! Just for 16months, 400 have been padded in. I think we are indeed in the train with the progressives.

If you are not happy with the progress, get yourself repatriated to your sambisa or into your river niger.

Now I know that the future of Nigeria is in the hand of the progressive westerners.

Fashola ride on.

Nnaji who represented a region disappointed them but our Man, BRF is working

In the voice of Awolowo, Yoruba ni Baba won
Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by obitobe: 11:48am On Sep 25, 2016
I just pray we look beyond ethnicity and partisanship. Then this nation will move forward but so far this two underlining factors are still there we are not going anywhere.
Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by obynaDmob(m): 11:52am On Sep 25, 2016
Love Machine:
Which grid he add the mere 400mw?Na the rain wey dey fall dey bring little improvement of electricity abeg.

All the 'whole' rain that fell in the last 9years..why e noe improve light?

1 Like

Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by specco(m): 11:52am On Sep 25, 2016
Dont brag yet and roll out the drums. We know that the water level rises every year during rainy seasons which always tranalate to more electricity generation. So this years increase in electricity is not rocket science. It's a yearly phenomenon. Lets see what happens when the rains stop.
Apc and noise.
Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by Oblang(m): 11:57am On Sep 25, 2016
ITbomb:
I will forever respect Barth Nnaji and GEJ

When GEJ was able to beef up power to 6000MW inspite of sabotage and vandalism , some rocket scientist from one small corner of the country was ranting.

Instead of joining to condemn vandalism under GEJ then, they celebrated it
Instead of to help defeat Bokoharam, they bought pages of newspapers and blogs to amplify their activities. Buhari himself never attended any council of state meeting to proffer solutions.

Now the chicken have come home to roost, let them work their way out.

Are u serious? Gej increase power to 6000mw. Who and who sabotage power during gej govt. U ppl always trying so hard to paint the inefficient buffoon with gold but his wife keep showing all of una yanch...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by Oblang(m): 12:02pm On Sep 25, 2016
chimoskyg:

Oga APC n Buhari are losers stop defending them. What yr take on this

Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG

Is it the 2016 that will end in the nxt 3 months??

2016 budget will continue till may. It was not signed into law early...

1 Like

Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by NaijaEfcc: 12:22pm On Sep 25, 2016
Osyxcel:

How does this translate to adding 400MW? Something that will disappear when the rain stops undecided
Exactly!!! how did he add? I was looking for where he said he built new power stations, the alleged addition was from maintenence and because of rainy season that means it's not new! only in Nigeria that political office holders shamelessly boasts and wants to be praised for doing their jobs!! what a Shame!!!
Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by basadenet: 12:39pm On Sep 25, 2016
shamecurls:
God bless BRF

2024 is inevitable..... when you will be addressed as His Excellency, President Babatunde Raji Fashola.

That is in your wildest dream and not in reality. This is a man that has performed in Lagos but fail woefully in the Federal level. Such person can never be Nigerian president.
Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by mfm04622: 12:41pm On Sep 25, 2016
ITbomb:

When GEJ was able to beef up power to 6000MW inspite of sabotage and vandalism , some rocket scientist from one small corner of the country was ranting.

Instead of to help defeat Bokoharam, they bought pages of newspapers and blogs to amplify their activities. Buhari himself never attended any council of state meeting to proffer solutions.

6,000MW? Haba! Lie small now! We have never been up to 4,000MW in our history! Never! I respect Barth, so I question should be "why did yo hero sack him?
Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by nnokwa042(m): 12:46pm On Sep 25, 2016
Freegift75:

What I have found out about Nigeria is that we pontificate and criticize a lot without offering cogent possible solution and advice. Yes, Nigeria is a potential giant that is playing in the league of the dwarfs. Nigeria is a very difficult country to govern, whereas we posses all the necessary ingredients to be a powerful and prosperous nation but, we are handicapped by ethnic, tribal and selfish interests.

Anyone in government seriously working hard doing the right things for Nigeria soon find out that road
block is already there.

The worst are the citizens at large, we criticize and condemn but given the same opportunity we do the worst.

Let's try and encourage the little serious effort some of these ministers are making rather than rubbish them all together. To make a serious impact and to wake up this sleeping giant, it will take a benevolent dictator, you can't play nice to impact Nigeria, you must play tough, strait and be transparently honest.
u dont remember all this epistle when jonathan was in power now buhari is there u remember we should ecourage them abi?ikpu nnegi
Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by shamecurls(m): 12:49pm On Sep 25, 2016
basadenet:

That is in your wildest dream and not in reality. This is a man that has performed in Lagos but fail woefully in the Federal level. Such person can never be Nigerian president.

How do you define woefully? Considering the challenges facing the sector? He would have done better than that if not for saboteurs. He remains one of the most viable candidate for the presidency after 2023. Putting achievements on ground and not on paper.
Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by basadenet: 12:49pm On Sep 25, 2016
mfm04622:

6,000MW? Haba! Lie small now! We have never been up to 4,000MW in our history! Never! I respect Barth, so I question should be "why did yo hero sack him?

You too lie, we have been up to 6000MW under Jonathan. Always verify your facts.
Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by mfm04622: 12:50pm On Sep 25, 2016
NaijaEfcc:
Exactly!!! how did he add? I was looking for where he said he built new power stations, the alleged addition was from maintenence and because of rainy season that means it's not new! only in Nigeria that political office holders shamelessly boasts and wants to be praised for doing their jobs!! what a Shame!!!

Added 1 MW through solar, other are coming, added through expansion of existing hydro dams
Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by ll24: 1:01pm On Sep 25, 2016
proeast:
Useless people celebrating mediocrity. You claim to add meagre 400 megawats we all know came from increased flood waters of river Niger & you expect us to roll out the drums and start celebrating when South Africa is generating in excess of 40,000 megawats!! Thunder wey go fire you still dey gym, idiat!!

I shld consider u as the idiat and fashola. Which developing country do u see citizens vandalising govt/public properties?, only in dis country. Someone is der trying his best all day for u to enjoy stable power and u are der condeming him. All u illiterates from d bush pls wake and join d modern world abeg.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by Ijaya123: 1:16pm On Sep 25, 2016
basadenet:

You too lie, we have been up to 6000MW under Jonathan. Always verify your facts.

What month and what year? With a credible link please.
Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by anyaekekehinde(m): 1:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
Freegift75:

What I have found out about Nigeria is that we pontificate and criticize a lot without offering cogent possible solution and advice. Yes, Nigeria is a potential giant that is playing in the league of the dwarfs. Nigeria is a very difficult country to govern, whereas we posses all the necessary ingredients to be a powerful and prosperous nation but, we are handicapped by ethnic, tribal and selfish interests.

Anyone in government seriously working hard doing the right things for Nigeria soon find out that road
block is already there.

The worst are the citizens at large, we criticize and condemn but given the same opportunity we do the worst.

Let's try and encourage the little serious effort some of these ministers are making rather than rubbish them all together. To make a serious impact and to wake up this sleeping giant, it will take a benevolent dictator, you can't play nice to impact Nigeria, you must play tough, strait and be transparently honest.
Lol... The dude has done nothing
Energy students and people within the power sector will not be fooled by this.

Rain is falling, kainji is at the white flood period and the dams are full.
Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by akaahs(m): 1:28pm On Sep 25, 2016
Mr minister wait till the rains is over before u tell us whether there is increase in mega wax of electricity or not.
Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by gbeseun(m): 1:41pm On Sep 25, 2016
accountbalance:
Still no light

What does a lawyer know about power anyway undecided

A lawyer is better than ur so called engineer who is taking contracts by proxy at least we have a saner govt now unlike ur people from bayelsa
Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by KardinalZik(m): 1:50pm On Sep 25, 2016
Where is the 400MW?
I am sure that will be in your offices and luxury homes. Coz the simple truth is that the supply of electricity have been dwindling since you took charge. Yet, you shamelessly celebrate increase when, in fact, the masses can't even see a flash of it.
You can only lie freely about what does not have clear evidence.
Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by wristbangle: 2:03pm On Sep 25, 2016
proeast:
Useless people celebrating mediocrity. You claim to add meagre 400 megawats we all know came from increased flood waters of river Niger & you expect us to roll out the drums and start celebrating when South Africa is generating in excess of 40,000 megawats!! Thunder wey go fire you still dey gym, idiat!!

Bros, I can't see where it is stated in the article about Nigerians are celebrating the small mega watt of power added. I understand your expectation and that of mine is high but let's give BRF the chance to work on the power sector to achieved the required daily output that can sustain Nigeria. 2 years can never fix almost 40 years of stagnancy in the power sector.
Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by wristbangle: 2:12pm On Sep 25, 2016
ITbomb:

Nigeria reach max power output of 5,034MW and that was around February this year.
Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by Pavarottii(m): 2:31pm On Sep 25, 2016
Freegift75:

block is already there.

So now u agree to wat GEJ was going through was even worse than buhari and his cabinets is going through.
Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by Saintp(m): 2:33pm On Sep 25, 2016
All these MW that rise and fall like a Pen****s is none of my business. Provide 24/7 light so that the man of the street will not have anything to do with generator and buying of fuel in jerry cans ever again. Of all the countries i have been to, it is only Nigeria where light goes off and on.

Till we can have light like serious countries, its better you people spare us the talk of MW, it is not relevant to the average man on the street. Na who MW epp sef?
Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by investnotspend: 3:02pm On Sep 25, 2016
accountbalance:
Still no light

What does a lawyer know about power anyway undecided

He knows how to give account of his dealings and balance the assignment given to him unlike you who just have the name but can't even balance how you criticise the government.
Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by proeast(m): 3:30pm On Sep 25, 2016
ll24:

I shld consider u as the idiat and fashola. Which developing country do u see citizens vandalising govt/public properties?, only in dis country. Someone is der trying his best all day for u to enjoy stable power and u are der condeming him. All u illiterates from d bush pls wake and join d modern world abeg.
I dont even know what gives dirty & ignorant scared faced riff-raffs from the red roof region, the temerity to call people that are far above them in all ramification, illiterates. I dont blame you kid, having access to internet due to free 10mb does not mean we are in the same league. What effrontery from a little brat!! You & your fashola are !diats!!!
Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by Justiyke4u: 4:10pm On Sep 25, 2016
LordVoldemort:

As minister, his job I not to repair faulty turbines or carry out maintenance. His job is to manage the brilliant engineers in the ministry and maximize the use of the skills. If BRF can manage a complex state like Lagos then Managing 3 portfolio should be a piece of cake
so in essence one can comfortably become and manage for instance a bank without any basic knowledge of banking or economics or accounting and then you can rate his performance at par with those that posses those qualities? How about being a driving tutor without knowing how to drive?
Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by arsenal33: 4:21pm On Sep 25, 2016
ITbomb:

So why did GEJ sack Barth Nnaji?
Cant u see how wise you are?
Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
ITbomb:

Instead of to help defeat Bokoharam, they bought pages of newspapers and blogs to amplify their activities. Buhari himself never attended any council of state meeting to proffer solutions. GEJ 6,000MW? Even the innocent boy in you knows you are lying.

Re: Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 25, 2016
mmsen:

It is only difficult to govern because some people are intent on managing a very diverse nation within a unitary framework instead of making use of a federal system.

The better states in Nigeria have learned to be progressive whilst the others are dependent on the resources of 9.
you neva tire for dis your true federalism?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Am In The Presidential Race To Represent The Youths – Jerry Gana / PDP: Eddy Olafeso Concedes Defeat, Promises To Work With Arapaja / Dismiss & Prosecute Soldiers Who Murdered 348 Shiites – UK Urges Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.