Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

How My Hatred For Suits Almost Cost Me An Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How My Hatred For Suits Almost Cost Me An Interview (21955 Views)

JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview / A Friend Came From Abuja For An Interview But The Office Looks More Like A Shop / It Will Cost Me At Least N80k/Month To Make A Trip To My Npower-Teach Community (2) (3) (4)

Re: How My Hatred For Suits Almost Cost Me An Interview by tomdon(m): 8:56pm On Sep 27, 2016
martyns303:
You want to work for a cooperate organization but hate suits? You should have choosed another profession then, don't u think so?

Nonetheless I perfectly understand you, I used to hate ties, till I got into a profession that requires me to wear them always.

About your shirts, please buy quality shirts, you can NEVER go wrong with Hawes&Curtis, and they can last up to 8yrs without fading (as long as u have enough to rotate the week)

Suits makes you look dashing, matured and respectable.

those Hawes&Curtis shirts cost 15k per one oooo
Re: How My Hatred For Suits Almost Cost Me An Interview by Teniolasmart: 9:18pm On Sep 27, 2016
reminiscing:

Who told u to like them,abi na ya interviewgrin
shebi na my body
Re: How My Hatred For Suits Almost Cost Me An Interview by kennynikky(m): 9:57pm On Sep 27, 2016
YerYer:
Only poor people dress to impress; you would never see Mark Zuckerberg wearing suit for board meetings unless he's meeting with presidents and very iconic figures.
y every1 kip talking abt Mark Zukerberg's dress code, f cry awt loud every1 have der own style, mark has already make it as a billionaire, xo u guys shuld stop dis annoying comparison...
Re: How My Hatred For Suits Almost Cost Me An Interview by Moahmed: 11:04pm On Sep 27, 2016
YerYer:
Only poor people dress to impress; you would never see Mark Zuckerberg wearing suit for board meetings unless he's meeting with presidents and very iconic figures.

I guess you are his PA
Re: How My Hatred For Suits Almost Cost Me An Interview by unemployed1: 3:24am On Sep 28, 2016
What of okrika suit?
I'm seriously looking for were to buy one here in Lagos.
Re: How My Hatred For Suits Almost Cost Me An Interview by AdiDami: 5:55am On Sep 28, 2016
Based on the way you were addressed I would like to tell you that the accusation of a "faded" shirt was a part of the interview!
We normally would ask such question to provoke you so as to see how you react to criticism.
Your apologising only showed that you had your "anger button" under control!
For your information (all those attending interviews) learn never to argue certain areas with your interviewers. You may be "insulted" don't react rashly
Guess I've been helpful
Re: How My Hatred For Suits Almost Cost Me An Interview by Mediapace: 10:05am On Sep 28, 2016
Pls do you have the pic of that senator,i've never heard of that before o
iamkingzlee:
Lol. Wear senators keh grin it's an interview not a village meeting.
Re: How My Hatred For Suits Almost Cost Me An Interview by iamkingzlee(m): 8:31pm On Sep 28, 2016
Mediapace:
Pls do you have the pic of that senator,i've never heard of that before o
Here you go bro!

Re: How My Hatred For Suits Almost Cost Me An Interview by toprealman: 8:43pm On Jun 26, 2017
chillingbabe:
Senators are not corporate ooo...Later you'll ask if you can wear kaftan or agbada...Senators fall under "Native/Traditional attire" no matter how it looks or fits. "Senators" is the least thing you can ever dream of wearing for an interview, highly unacceptable.
Your typical aboki will wear their native to any interview.... most of them sha.
Re: How My Hatred For Suits Almost Cost Me An Interview by Taoromok: 12:32am On Jun 27, 2017
ckc:
I was recently invited to an interview for a managerial post and I decided to wear my usual corporate long sleeves and trouser. This is my usual dressing to interviews. I have never loved suits. In fact the only time I have worn suit was on my wedding. So I was doing well in the interview until the panelists said my shirt was washed and even though I am not wearing suits, I could have worn something better. I was truly shocked that was a new shirt I was wearing for the 1st time after my brother brought it down from abroad. Embarrassed was an understatement. Guess my performance was more important to them than my "washed shirt" cos after less than 24hrs after the interview I was called that I was successful and being invited for 2nd stage interview this weekend. Now I am not taking chances... I have bought a brand new smart suit! Please can one also wear senators to an interview though I have never tried it. That's also a corporate wear isn't it? Let's discuss things you can wear to interviews guys!

Should I Accept This Job Offer? / Boston Consulting Group Graduate Analyst Programme 2021 / Two Million Young Nigerians To Get UNICEF Job Training