Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,195 members, 7,953,706 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:09 AM

My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me (3345 Views)

"After Being Side Chic For 6 Years, 33 Abortions, He Proposed & I Said.." - Lady / When Your Boyfriend Is Giving You Tough Competition(pics) / My Boyfriend Is Mad At Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by Talk2Bella(f): 2:47pm On Sep 27, 2016
He doesn’t know I am older than he is, I lied to him about my age when we first started dating, told him he was about 4 years older than I was and he accepted it.

Now it’s like I shot myself in the foot, he disrespects me at every turn and expects me to apologize, reminds me he’s older than me and wants me to accord him the respect his age requires if not he won’t talk to me.

Do I tell him the truth about my age, I feel totally useless these days because he wants to stamp the age authority every time, if I make any mistake he tells me, I act like my age, he doesn’t know why he would even date someone he’s younger than bla bla bla.

What do I do?

Talk2Bella

A relationship shouldn’t be a competition and it seems that’s what both of you’re doing {Age Competition}.

Everyone knows age isn’t a criterion for maturity, in a relationship respect is mutual and reciprocal and should never be forced or enforced; when it is forced it isn’t a relationship anymore but a dictatorship.

Lies are a bad foundation to build any type of relationship on, now do the honest thing and tell your man your real age, it won’t mean the end of the world, it will just clear things between you two.

http://www.talk2bella.com/2016/09/my-boyfriend-is-6-years-younger-than-me.html

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by agarawu23(m): 2:56pm On Sep 27, 2016
Screenshot of your convo angry

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by saintfellow(m): 3:02pm On Sep 27, 2016
Lol as funny as it look.
The gospel truth is that, whether you are 50years older than him, it does not matter for a lady is suppose to respect her boyfriend, be loyal to him, apologise to him when you do him wrong.
It does not matter even if he is 18years of age.
This should not be an issue at all, If you behave yourself, there wnt be any need for him to tell you to apologise.
Anyways tell him your real age but it still wnt change a thing.
Re: My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by Essence6055: 3:19pm On Sep 27, 2016
Please stop dating the guy... He is a child...

Only children use the age factor to get apologizes and state their authority...
Re: My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by Cutehector(m): 3:26pm On Sep 27, 2016
When two people are in an intimate relationship, age should be excused from day to day conversations.

If I happen to annoy her, I shouldn't be too proud to say i'm sorry cuz i'm older.. likewise her.

Mutual respect has to be inculcated else such relationship will be bound to hit the rocks.

Respect is like a fuel that revives love.
Re: My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by Talk2Bella(f): 3:42pm On Sep 27, 2016
Cutehector:
When two people are in an intimate relationship, age should be excused from day to day conversations.

If I happen to annoy her, I shouldn't be too proud to say i'm sorry cuz i'm older.. likewise her.

Mutual respect has to be inculcated else such relationship will be bound to hit the rocks.

Respect is like a fuel that revives love.

You're indeed awesome cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by Talk2Bella(f): 3:42pm On Sep 27, 2016
Essence6055:
Please stop dating the guy... He is a child...

Only children use the age factor to get apologizes and state their authority...

This age thing tire me sef
Re: My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by Talk2Bella(f): 3:43pm On Sep 27, 2016
saintfellow:
Lol as funny as it look.
The gospel truth is that, whether you are 50years older than him, it does not matter for a lady is suppose to respect her boyfriend, be loyal to him, apologise to him when you do him wrong.
It does not matter even if he is 18years of age.
This should not be an issue at all, If you behave yourself, there wnt be any need for him to tell you to apologise.
Anyways tell him your real age but it still wnt change a thing.

Respect should not be forced it is freely given, when it is imposed it's not respect anymore but fear
Re: My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by Talk2Bella(f): 3:44pm On Sep 27, 2016
agarawu23:
Screenshot of your convo angry

Which convo biko undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by Cutehector(m): 3:46pm On Sep 27, 2016
Talk2Bella:

You're indeed awesome cheesy
I know. tongue

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by Talk2Bella(f): 3:53pm On Sep 27, 2016
Cutehector:
I know. tongue

grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by LorDBolton(m): 4:16pm On Sep 27, 2016
Lol I was quipped about demanding a babes birth certificate and waec result once I begin to think about wifey'ing here.
Re: My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by iceybux(m): 4:18pm On Sep 27, 2016
it shoukdnt b an issue...I dated a lady she was 12 years older but we respect each other. . but u shouldnt av lied at first. .
Re: My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 27, 2016
I won't even date a guy that's younger than me in the first place undecided not even 3 months younger than me or my age mate. Dating a guy 10 years older is the perfect match smiley. I would advice you to end the relationship because of inferiority complex smiley.....inferiority complex is inevitable for women that date guys younger than them wink
Re: My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by Fidelismaria: 5:34pm On Sep 27, 2016
D lady above me don smoke oshogbo weed

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by Nelgenius4me(m): 6:08pm On Sep 27, 2016
You can tell your boyfriend you are agemate with Methuselah.
Re: My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by firstking01(m): 6:41pm On Sep 27, 2016
Two confused teenagers battling with teenage exuberancesundecided
Re: My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by bamisepeters(m): 6:43pm On Sep 27, 2016
Personally, the chances of the duo to be together for long is slim when they keep thinking this way... First, you laid false foundation and you expect the best from such relationship. The question i will ask is if the lady woe the guy because if the guy did then i don't see the crime in you telling him the truth as regards your age. He is now thinking like a baby to be saying all those and you are also joining him by saying he is disrespecting you, why won't he when he trust your lies.

It is better you tell him the truth then take the result as fate or else you regret not laying truthful foundation.
Re: My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by Talk2Bella(f): 7:37pm On Sep 27, 2016
LorDBolton:
Lol I was quipped about demanding a babes birth certificate and waec result once I begin to think about wifey'ing here.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by AfroMighty(m): 7:37pm On Sep 27, 2016
You caused it. No relationship should be build on lies
Re: My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by Talk2Bella(f): 7:38pm On Sep 27, 2016
iceybux:
it shoukdnt b an issue...I dated a lady she was 12 years older but we respect each other. . but u shouldnt av lied at first. .

Kudos, so how did it end?
Re: My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by Talk2Bella(f): 7:39pm On Sep 27, 2016
ItsQuinn:
I won't even date a guy that's younger than me in the first place undecided not even 3 months younger than me or my age mate. Dating a guy 10 years older is the perfect match smiley. I would advice you to end the relationship because of inferiority complex smiley.....inferiority complex is inevitable for women that date guys younger than them wink

people have their preference
Re: My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by Talk2Bella(f): 7:39pm On Sep 27, 2016
bamisepeters:
Personally, the chances of the duo to be together for long is slim when they keep thinking this way... First, you laid false foundation and you expect the best from such relationship. The question i will ask is if the lady woe the guy because if the guy did then i don't see the crime in you telling him the truth as regards your age. He is now thinking like a baby to be saying all those and you are also joining him by saying he is disrespecting you, why won't he when he trust your lies.

It is better you tell him the truth then take the result as fate or else you regret not laying truthful foundation.

it might last, they just need to get this age thing outta the way
Re: My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by Talk2Bella(f): 7:40pm On Sep 27, 2016
AfroMighty:
You caused it. No relationship should be build on lies

maybe she just said it, didn't know if they might date or not
Re: My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 27, 2016
Talk2Bella:

people have their preference
True smiley
Re: My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by krissconnect(m): 7:45pm On Sep 27, 2016
*BREAKING NEWS!!!*The Federal Government of Nigeria under the leadership of General Muhammadu Buhari, APC, The Senate and National House of Assembly hereby announces to all Graduates, Undergraduates, University and Polytechnic Students, and Applicants that today is Tuesday 27th September 2016 and that tomorrow will be Wednesday 28th September, 2016.*Thank you for reading. You can now go back to what u were doing.
Re: My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by queencalipso(f): 7:53pm On Sep 27, 2016
Honestly I really don't know how ladies do this; dating a guy way younger than you are. But like the op said, people have their preference.

Im
Re: My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by AfroMighty(m): 7:53pm On Sep 27, 2016
Talk2Bella:

maybe she just said it, didn't know if they might date or not

Maybe you should show him evidence that you are older than him, if stature cheated on you and if it doesn't workout breakup with him
Re: My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by AfroMighty(m): 7:57pm On Sep 27, 2016
krissconnect:
*BREAKING NEWS!!!*The Federal Government of Nigeria under the leadership of General Muhammadu Buhari, APC, The Senate and National House of Assembly hereby announces to all Graduates, Undergraduates, University and Polytechnic Students, and Applicants that today is Tuesday 27th September 2016 and that tomorrow will be Wednesday 28th September, 2016.*Thank you for reading. You can now go back to what u were doing.
Use your drugs bro
Re: My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by KvnqPrezo(m): 8:04pm On Sep 27, 2016
Relationship has nothing to do with age but maturity...
If there's any problem your relationship and the only way to solve it is by saying sorry then what's the big deal
A wise woman builds her house but the foolish destroys it with her hand...
Sorry is not meant to say only when you're wrong but when it can solve problems..
I understand why you hide your age but I think its time to reveal it because if you don't it might reveal itself one day...
When telling the truth apply wisdom because as they say.. "the truth is bitter"
Re: My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by dnawah(m): 8:26pm On Sep 27, 2016
Talk2Bella:
He doesn’t know I am older than he is, I lied to him about my age when we first started dating, told him he was about 4 years older than I was and he accepted it.

Now it’s like I shot myself in the foot, he disrespects me at every turn and expects me to apologize, reminds me he’s older than me and wants me to accord him the respect his age requires if not he won’t talk to me.

Do I tell him the truth about my age, I feel totally useless these days because he wants to stamp the age authority every time, if I make any mistake he tells me, I act like my age, he doesn’t know why he would even date someone he’s younger than bla bla bla.

What do I do?

Talk2Bella

A relationship shouldn’t be a competition and it seems that’s what both of you’re doing {Age Competition}.

Everyone knows age isn’t a criterion for maturity, in a relationship respect is mutual and reciprocal and should never be forced or enforced; when it is forced it isn’t a relationship anymore but a dictatorship.

Lies are a bad foundation to build any type of relationship on, now do the honest thing and tell your man your real age, it won’t mean the end of the world, it will just clear things between you two.

http://www.talk2bella.com/2016/09/my-boyfriend-is-6-years-younger-than-me.html
even if u r 26 years older than him,u must give him that respect a the man,if not u will lose him.
Re: My Boyfriend Is 6 Years Younger Than Me by bamisepeters(m): 8:51pm On Sep 27, 2016
Talk2Bella:

it might last, they just need to get this age thing outta the way
thank goodness you said "might". When the real age is revealed intimidation sets in as the guy will not recover from the shock as fast as possible and will fill betrayed. I just wish i knew who approached who first.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

EXPOSED! Married Man Begging Mistress For Sex Chat (modified) / Photo: Give This Stripper A Stage Name! / If Men Were To Menstruate(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.