Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,889 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Bill For State Police Passes Second Reading - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill For State Police Passes Second Reading (8381 Views)

Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading / Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate / Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill For State Police Passes Second Reading by Bizibi(m): 8:03am On Sep 28, 2016
Izonpikin:
along with this should come the removal of immunity from our governors...they are all useless...
and lg autonomy.....

1 Like

Re: Bill For State Police Passes Second Reading by willoski(m): 8:04am On Sep 28, 2016
I just hope if this bill succeeds to sail through which i doubt it will, that our selfish, greedy and over ambitious politicians will not turn the NIGERIA POLICE FORCE into an agency of assassination.
Re: Bill For State Police Passes Second Reading by emerged01(m): 8:05am On Sep 28, 2016
ruggedboy01:
I'm not in support, I can imagine state police arrest me(u) in a core north or yoruba land, them go kuku use their local language sale u without u hearing anything angry sad

again our governors will high jack it to do evil sad angry

tribalism is evil

There are good sides and bad sides of everything. You can't neglect the good side of a thing because of the bad side.
We want state police. That's a good step toward breaking this country. Abeg north should go their own way joor.
Re: Bill For State Police Passes Second Reading by pedrilo: 8:12am On Sep 28, 2016
khadaffi:

Majority of nigerians are really not informed. If you know what state police is, its actually the south east that should kick against such bill. I can understand community police. I'm just waiting till they read the full bill.
in dis ur attempt to prove intelligence, i know u will end up disgracing urself here. now tell us how state police is bad for dis country! even the USA hav state police.
Re: Bill For State Police Passes Second Reading by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 28, 2016
State police will be more effective with resource control for states, if not we will keep moving round in circles, some states can't even meet up with salaries with federal allocation, adding a sensitive security outfit like the NFP is only going to further ruffle state budgets #justmyopinion

4 Likes

Re: Bill For State Police Passes Second Reading by erico2k2(m): 8:14am On Sep 28, 2016
anibi9674:
I like the idea of state police. at least it will enable some state to curb the atrocities of Fulani Mafias.
and people like Ameachi cannot deploy federal might on rivers
Re: Bill For State Police Passes Second Reading by erico2k2(m): 8:16am On Sep 28, 2016
pedrilo:
in dis ur attempt to prove intelligence, i know u will end up disgracing urself here. now tell us how state police is bad for dis country! even the USA hav state police.
UK Kwa has state police Oya I dey wait too 4 his xplanation
Re: Bill For State Police Passes Second Reading by LorDBolton(m): 9:01am On Sep 28, 2016
This is proof you do not need a useless national confab to push through a state police law.

I'm pro nigeria but if @all there should be a national confab it's to discuss our unity not useless issues like state creation, state police and whatever.

This Same bill was passed by the 7th senate but jonathan never signed it into law.

Let's c if buhari will sign or let it gather dust
Re: Bill For State Police Passes Second Reading by khadaffi(m): 9:05am On Sep 28, 2016
Bede2u:
why?

Pavore9:

Una wan use me type this morning. Senator Ike Ekweremadu suggested the best form of policing system when he was deputy under David Mark. I hope that is what this bill is about but if it is to REVERSE to state police, I will quickly give you an assignment that will help me answer you quickly so I don't type much.

Before this central policing we practice today, Nigeria once operated a state police. Why did we switch to this type of policing system? What were the problems that made us change to this type of system? After immediately changing to the central policing system, did it solve the problems we encountered then? The problems we encountered then, are they still the same now? Considering the fact that Nigeria have practiced state police before, so its not new to us, how do we intend to combat the problem that goes with it?

On why I said its the south east that should kick against it. The police is the only govt agency that charges criminals to court. It is no longer news that some northern states are practicing sharia law. If they are empowered with a state police, some of our south eastern guys will be tried according to this law. Don't forget that after a criminal is arrested, it is the police that prepares the individual to be taken to court. The south east should be worried about this because there are many things they do that are not tolerated in sharia, an example is drinking alcohol.

pedrilo:
Re: Bill For State Police Passes Second Reading by Bede2u(m): 9:26am On Sep 28, 2016
khadaffi:

Una wan use me type this morning. Senator Ike Ekweremadu suggested the best form of policing system when he was deputy under David Mark. I hope that is what this bill is about but if it is to REVERSE to state police, I will quickly give you an assignment that will help me answer you quickly so I don't type much.

Before this central policing we practice today, Nigeria once operated a state police. Why did we switch to this type of policing system? What were the problems that made us change to this type of system? After immediately changing to the central policing system, did it solve the problems we encountered then? The problems we encountered then, are they still the same now? Considering the fact that Nigeria have practiced state police before, so its not new to us, how do we intend to combat the problem that goes with it?

On why I said its the south east that should kick against it. The police is the only govt agency that charges criminals to court. It is no longer news that some northern states are practicing sharia law. If they are empowered with a state police, some of our south eastern guys will be tried according to this law. Don't forget that after a criminal is arrested, it is the police that prepares the individual to be taken to court. The south east should be worried about this because there are many things they do that are not tolerated in sharia, an example is drinking alcohol.
Won't argue but if we want to practice federalism, we should give real autonomy to States and L.Gs. Otherwise, we should stop answering FRN.
Re: Bill For State Police Passes Second Reading by khadaffi(m): 9:35am On Sep 28, 2016
Bede2u:

Won't argue but if we want to practice federalism, we should give real autonomy to States and L.Gs. Otherwise, we should stop answering FRN.

I support autonomy to states and LG, which is known as federalism. What we practice today in Nigeria is not federalism. It is a mixture of unitary sytem, federalism and oligarchy. That's why we can't compare our system with countries that practice federalism.
Re: Bill For State Police Passes Second Reading by Sabergol99(m): 10:29am On Sep 28, 2016
There's already a form of state policing existing in the North in the form of Hisbah or Sharia police. Those guyz have more power than the actual police in some states like Kano. We need State police here in the South. If done right, those marauding herdsmen could finally be curbed.
Re: Bill For State Police Passes Second Reading by Africanman123(m): 10:34am On Sep 28, 2016
i wonder ooo
nijanigga:
laughing in zulu, states that can barely pay worker's salaries, want state police, how will they finance it? federal subvention is drying up very fast.
Re: Bill For State Police Passes Second Reading by Omonigeriarere: 10:50am On Sep 28, 2016
[s]
khadaffi:

Majority of nigerians are really not informed. If you know what state police is, its actually the south east that should kick against such bill. I can understand community police. I'm just waiting till they read the full bill.
[/s]

Victim mentality as usual.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu : The Biggest Political Fool Of 2016 / 2015: My Five Point Agenda- Buhari / Breaking News: Hand Of God Appears In The Sky In The USA [see Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.