Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation (47381 Views)

Wike Leads The Arrest Of 15 Mechanics In Rivers Over Black Soot. PICS / Edo Governorship Results In Tabular Form As Announced So Far by INEC / INEC Announces Results Of Edo Governorship Election: Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by asamaigho(m): 7:53am On Sep 29, 2016
Pdp down d drain.....flush dem away
Apc we love u.
Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by Amyceilyn(f): 7:53am On Sep 29, 2016
Osahon7:
but why?? Do you want us to go back to Egypt?? Am a PDP member but I decided to vote of obaseki becos I want to give that man a chance...POI is a criminal and we all know .i think it's time we all started voting for personalities and not parties!!!
who died and made you a judge to declare someone a criminal? On a lighter mode: i'm not from Edo but i reside in Edo(Uromi) and would really like Pdp to win,...Obaseki winning is just like oshomole still in power
Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by Ahmedhussain3463: 7:54am On Sep 29, 2016
TPAND:
The Nation of Bola Tinubu is the only newspaper reporting Obaseki in the lead.
If INEC rigs this election; it won't be funny, the people are aggrieved
mack sure u join d protest if apc won,pls dnt protest using ur fone to comment on NL.pls also join dem on d street
Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by Babatall: 7:54am On Sep 29, 2016
Watching d victory in 3D.

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by SherDdon(m): 7:56am On Sep 29, 2016
Edo will never recover from the damage caused by lucky igbinedion, igbinedion and pdp did nothing in Edo state, even road that were good
Was destroyed by igbinedion, atleast oshio tried....voting for iyamu means voting for igbinedion and the father and dan obi and anenih
EDO ppl are wiser nothing can stop us...even if oshio is in apc I still prefare apc any time anyday..cause we have seen
Enuf. Even iyamu and co was in power during luckys time, wat did he achieve? I have stop believing people, ppl change
Lucky imasuen is a perfect example

2 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by Ahmedhussain3463: 7:57am On Sep 29, 2016
olumaxi:
Mtcheew,,,the nation na APC newspaper na......but if people of edo hav actually voted APC cos of akara and #2000,that means they av known ao to spend #2000 in four yrs
shut up dt my state,for 9 years edo state was backward under predator ighenidion,secondly forget all dose media wash dt akara was fry for us|prepare to b pained if apc win becos no normal human being will ever vote for evil party pdp
Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by samx4real(m): 8:00am On Sep 29, 2016
HungerBAD:
APC today.

APC tomorrow.

APC forever.

Just like saying

Recession today

Recession tomorrow

Recession Forever!!!

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by diegwu01: 8:01am On Sep 29, 2016
https://www.facebook.com/OSowore/posts/10155872139587837

PDP has been buried in Edo State Finally
We wish them better luck in 2024
Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by TPAND(f): 8:01am On Sep 29, 2016
DerrickzB:

My bro same here. . All news i got yesterday showed that pdd was leading... i dunno whats happening self

Print and Social media crew were banned from the collation center yesterday.
Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by Nelzone(m): 8:01am On Sep 29, 2016
Use your head... Aboki people are too dull.... Oshiomole is worst than lucky... Lucky thief from federal buh left the people to do their tin. Oshiomole was thiefing from both federal and even the people themselves
Ahmedhussain3463:
shut up dt my state,for 9 years edo state was backward under predator ighenidion,secondly forget all dose media wash dt akara was fry for us|prepare to b pained if apc win becos no normal human being will ever vote for evil party pdp
Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by Ahmedhussain3463: 8:02am On Sep 29, 2016
never are we gonna give evil party pdp a chance in our national life any more

2 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by Saintp(m): 8:05am On Sep 29, 2016
Doyin2:

Ajala travel all over the world!It seems you are the only one that had travelled to many countries,nonsense!

If A party performs well in a state,as evident in EDO,compared to the evil days of PDP then,but currently having challenges at the federal level,then what should happen?So you expect Oshiomole(with at least a better performance than Igbinedion) to be disgraced by the Edolite because Buhari is currently facing very serious challenges,abi?

The truth is that many Nigerians,including EDOLITES, appreciates the fact that the current challenges at the federal level are summountable and cannot be as a result of ineptitude of the FG.

Even the best economists in the world could not have saved us from Recession: Oil price crash,economic sabotage from NDA,Boko Haram,etc

The FG is fighting many battles,and a very reasonable and sensible electorate should exercise more patience!

It is sheer stupidity to expect APC to clear the mess of 16years in just one year plus,it may surely get worse before it gets better.The building with a very shaky foundation must be pulled down, to lay a more solid foundation,take it or you leave it.

Nigerians and impatience plus miracles,are like bread and butter undecided

Bros, I'm sorry. I don't respond or argue with people who are partisan. Thank you.
Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by klemony: 8:06am On Sep 29, 2016
Why is it that bulk of the collation officer's are mostly Yoruba's? This ain't right at all knowinfully where the national leaders of APC hails from. It be a balance representation. Well, i think voting now should be about the personality of the cndidate but not the party. Thanks!
Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by DerrickzB: 8:06am On Sep 29, 2016
TPAND:

Print and Social media crew were banned from the collation center yesterday.

So i heard... Is that one election again.... There is a viral vdeo where apc were paying peoplepeople to vote for them.. my guy with credible sources said as u vote apc u snap it n show them then they pay u... smh..
Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by asamaigho(m): 8:06am On Sep 29, 2016
elpj:
Let APC win n Edo will end up like Nigeria. Recession! Recession!! Recession!!! Fud luck Edo

Hiw has RIVERS,BAYELSA,DELTA fared under PDP control?
Stop reasoning with ur TOE

2 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by festboi: 8:09am On Sep 29, 2016
princeofpeace22:
But if Jonathan had bar online journalism during his time I don't think buhari will be the president of Nigeria now cry angry election should be free,fair and transparent for the world to see.

Twitter handle of Gloria below says:

Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by festboi: 8:12am On Sep 29, 2016
what they won't show us ;Dwhat they won't show us

Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by jaci02: 8:14am On Sep 29, 2016
Doyin2:

Ajala travel all over the world!It seems you are the only one that had travelled to many countries,nonsense!

If A party performs well in a state,as evident in EDO,compared to the evil days of PDP then,but currently having challenges at the federal level,then what should happen?So you expect Oshiomole(with at least a better performance than Igbinedion) to be disgraced by the Edolite because Buhari is currently facing very serious challenges,abi?

Your trash could have made some sense if it were to be a federal election,like the National House of Assembly,just like what we witnessed recently in the USA.

The truth is that many Nigerians,including EDOLITES, appreciates the fact that the current challenges at the federal level are summountable and cannot be as a result of ineptitude of the FG.

Even the best economists in the world could not have saved us from Recession: Oil price crash,economic sabotage from NDA,Boko Haram,etc

The FG is fighting many battles,and a very reasonable and sensible electorate should exercise more patience!

It is sheer stupidity to expect APC to clear the mess of 16years in just one year plus,it may surely get worse before it gets better.The building with a very shaky foundation must be pulled down, to lay a more solid foundation,take it or you leave it.

Just leave them, all these young boys and girls on Nairaland know nothing about where Edo State was during the 8 years Lucky was governor and the 8 years Ize Iyamu was SSG under him. The Igbinedion family ruled the state supported by their thugs Kabaka and Bob Izua. Nobody could talk bad about the government, there was no freedom of speech.
But just following the 8 years Oshiomhole has been governor not one day PDP did not insult, raise allegations or badmouth his administration. This was something that no one could dare do during PDP's tenure. Just for that freedom alone to be able to criticize the government I will support APC.
This is not about Nigeria as a whole, this is about Edo State and we know which party has worked in Edo comparing the 8 years of PDP and the 8 years of APC.
People Deceive People (PDP) was the name the so called Pastor Ize Iyamu called PDP when he decamped to APC during Oshiomhole's second Tenure campaign thus, they should never be allowed to rule Edo State again, because it's the same thing as Ize Iyamu's boss and godfather Lucky Igbinedion coming back as governor.

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by Doyin2(m): 8:16am On Sep 29, 2016
Saintp:

Bros, I'm sorry. I don't respond or argue with people who are partisan. Thank you.

Facts are sacred!

I was in EDO during the evil days of PDP,so I know what I am talking about.For me,going to EDO now,is like going to PARADISE,relatively speaking!

So I am asking you again,Should Edolites disgrace Oshiomole because of Buhari.

Moreover,come to think of it,Obaseki V Iyamu,who has a better profile?

Obaseki is a technocrat and the current arrow head of Oshiomole's economic team.The latter is trying to follow the footsteps of Tinubu in Lagos,by identify technocrats that can take EDO to the next developmental level,not a pastor and mere politician!

I am laying down the facts ,You do not seem to understand the meaning of partisanship?
Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by Bhol28: 8:18am On Sep 29, 2016
Why are Nairaland Voters afraid to loose,thot you have already won here in Nairaland before election,the reality is now staring at you when we the real voters have decided who we want, you,ve started burying yourself before dieing.
Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by Honest9ja: 8:18am On Sep 29, 2016
Am definitely not expecting anything different. There is no way oshiomole won't rig his way out. He has always looked to as someone who can never accept defeat so would do anything to ensure victory.
Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by SherDdon(m): 8:20am On Sep 29, 2016
Pdp has been in power for years and we have suffered alot, it stiil beats me ppl are craving for pdp,and they forget d evil done by dis party
Nigerians at dis age of civilisation still vote for parties rather than individuals, funny enuf there are other parties people wud hv voted for
If they wanted change....I stilk sah apc is better than pdp anytime, I will only switch apc for a neutral party with persons that are capable and
Are not caught in this same web of hunger for power and selfishness, we wud not forget pdp in a hurry, .our suffering in 9ja 2day is one dat is global
And we are paying dearly for wat our past leaders (pdp) did.just saying
Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by Bhol28: 8:21am On Sep 29, 2016
asamaigho:

Hiw has RIVERS,BAYELSA,DELTA fared under PDP control?
Stop reasoning with ur TOE
I beg help me ask am o.Osho Baba performed so continuity is importnat for Edo to progress like Lagos

1 Like

Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by TPAND(f): 8:24am On Sep 29, 2016
DerrickzB:

So i heard... Is that one election again.... There is a viral vdeo where apc were paying peoplepeople to vote for them.. my guy with credible sources said as u vote apc u snap it n show them then they pay u... smh..

That's a classical election malpractice. I don't know what to make of our so called leaders and electoral system anymore. In a sane country all APC votes in that polling unit should be cancelled, for interference and breach of electoral protocols and act.
Elections in Nigeria is gradually making its pathway back to the do or die affair.
Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by diegwu01: 8:24am On Sep 29, 2016
No Bloodshed, peaceful election, APC carries the day.
Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by Omon605(m): 8:25am On Sep 29, 2016
Doyin2:

Every really Edo indigene know APC will surely win this election, except the Edo annex (the social media indigenous Edos). if not because of the present economic hardship I strongly doubt if pdp can get up to 10% of the total vote cast in Edo. Am very pleased with the tough fight and good showing the pdp gave in this election and this election is not rigged anywhere within the state believe me, am from Edo state and we know ourselves, if the election was rigged as purported by most people here by now there will be bloodshed in edo because both parties were highly prepared. Please don't blame Edo people and stop calling us names, we had see the 9yrs plus of pdp and approx. 8yrs of APC in the state and we don't need anybody from ekiti Or rivers state to tell us who to vote for. Both candidate are our son. please don't let self sentiment bring problems to this our dear state.

4 Likes

Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by Ahmedhussain3463: 8:26am On Sep 29, 2016
Nelzone:
Use your head... Aboki people are too dull.... Oshiomole is worst than lucky... Lucky thief from federal buh left the people to do their tin. Oshiomole was thiefing from both federal and even the people themselves
talk abt infrastructure in d state before oshio took over,guy allow we d edo decide pls.let me correct a notio,am from edo state dnt mind my name
Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by jaci02: 8:27am On Sep 29, 2016
Nelzone:

You should be wise, There's no point of comparison between Lucky and Oshiomhole. For a governor to pass a bad road for good 8 years and should not be moved to repair it is not normal. Even if Oshiomhole stole money, at least he repaired the gully erosion at Queen Ede, Ekewan Slope, and Auchi. He repaired a lot of roads, even schools when during Lucky's tenure trees were growing inside the classrooms with rain pouring on the children.

Even though Oshiomhole didn't do much, for him to have the good mind to do what he did he deserves to be applauded. All PDP supporters in Edo State should please mention at least one thing that Lucky Igbinedion or Professor Osunbor did in Edo State during their 10 years reign.
Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by gifted1256: 8:30am On Sep 29, 2016
this is politic oh..apc don change results :Pthis is politic oh..apc don change results
Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by Bhol28: 8:30am On Sep 29, 2016
Doyin2:

Facts are sacred!

I was in EDO during the evil days of PDP,so I know what I am talking about.For me,going to EDO now,is like going to PARADISE,relatively speaking!

So I am asking you again,Should Edolite disgrace Oshiomole because of Buhari?

The fact is that reasonable people without tribal or religious sentiments knows that Buharii too never thot of this sudden dip in oil prices which is now derailing his plans to perform well and yet he is still trying to reshape the economy to cope with this shock.Oshiomole performed well so reasonable people too will vote based on his performance
Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by DerrickzB: 8:32am On Sep 29, 2016
TPAND:

That's a classical election malpractice. I don't know what to make of our so called leaders and electoral system anymore. In a sane country all APC votes in that polling unit should be cancelled, for interference and breach of electoral protocols and act.
Elections in Nigeria is gradually making its pathway back to the do or die affair.

Smh.. welcome to nigeria... where anything can happen... lets see how it would be sha
Re: Edo Governorship Results: Obaseki Leads - The Nation by Kingsley1000(m): 8:33am On Sep 29, 2016
APC IS THE PARTY TO BEAT EVEN IN THE NATIONAL LEVEL .......

AND THEY DID MARVELOUSLY IN EDO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation / History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs / Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.