Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,067 members, 7,828,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Nigeria Wins Un Security Council Seat - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Wins Un Security Council Seat (3530 Views)

Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years / Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today / Victor Eni Won Borough Council Seat, UK Election 2015(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Wins Un Security Council Seat by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 16, 2009
dappssee:

[size=24pt]So? How does that affect the price of fish?[/size]
should the price of fish be affected before anything can be called achievement? na only food Nigerians get for mind.
Re: Nigeria Wins Un Security Council Seat by Jaybee2412(m): 6:06pm On Oct 16, 2009
Security Council Audience, bravo grin
Re: Nigeria Wins Un Security Council Seat by Thomaths(m): 7:22pm On Oct 16, 2009
I go take that one withdraw money 4bank
Re: Nigeria Wins Un Security Council Seat by nawahoo(m): 7:47pm On Oct 16, 2009
So what? How does that affect the price of Petrol?
Re: Nigeria Wins Un Security Council Seat by emekagh(m): 9:01pm On Oct 16, 2009
We don't have to take narrow positions on everything here just to sound critical. Must a seat on UN affect food, fuel, and so call common man? Gabon just had some 'funny' election, yet she is seated there.

Countries like Lebanon, Bosnia also were elected, are they that well of than Nigeria?

For crying out loud the new members will be replacing Costa Rica, Libya, Uganda, Vietnam [/b]and Croatia, do these members have two heads? They don't have corruption, economic, governance and human related problems?

What do we derive joy being critical, even at the expense of our physical health?

Someone called Nigeria a "Nation of whiners!" is that what we have become?

For God's sake, the UN Seat is not for Yar' Adua, his cronies, and stooges, [b]it is for US (You and I) - Nigerians.

Lets accept this as a sign that the world still respect and expect something of value from us. We should be proud (even though it's a temporary seat.)
Re: Nigeria Wins Un Security Council Seat by dkings101(m): 9:21pm On Oct 16, 2009
I rest my case
Re: Nigeria Wins Un Security Council Seat by richcookie(m): 10:24pm On Oct 16, 2009
This is absolutely nonsense! Position without power. The permanent members have veto power over all other members. The position is a complete waste of our time and part of the methods created to rule other nations. We should be concentrating on development of the nigerian economy by all means necessary. What do we produce? If attacked tomorrow, do we even produce bullets? The united nations is a creation of "oyinbo" man and the rules don't favour us.
Re: Nigeria Wins Un Security Council Seat by Theblessed(f): 6:49am On Oct 17, 2009
Congratulations to Nigeria on this occasion!  Hope, they continue to make themselves electable in all aspects not just to the UN but also, in politics at home.
Re: Nigeria Wins Un Security Council Seat by ariy(m): 9:42am On Oct 17, 2009
@richcookie.     gud talk. absolute nonesense seat. Really, UN structure is overdue and need to re-structure. Every things is changing in d world except UN. Even other countries as emerged as big power nation. Only those who are parmanent member since 1940s where still there till today.  They where control by a single country (yankee). that is why they usually failed in world peace decision. If US really serious about world democracy let start from UN by electing all security council and abolish permanet member seat. UN is sick. offering nigeria a non-permanet seat is  naughty but just a figurehead.
Re: Nigeria Wins Un Security Council Seat by chosen04(f): 9:47am On Oct 17, 2009
july123:

chosen04 is not a female.

@july123.

ohhhhhhhhh. So what is she? A HERMAPHRODITE??.

While is Nairaland full of people who cant use their HEAD? i hope u dont think with ur heart?
Re: Nigeria Wins Un Security Council Seat by Nigerd(m): 9:50am On Oct 17, 2009
what does that has to do with the poverty rate in nigeria or the stealing by those in Govt,
Re: Nigeria Wins Un Security Council Seat by citizenY(m): 10:29am On Oct 17, 2009
from chosen04
to
@Anti-Pro/Pro Anti

Thanks. U can have me if only u try.
[

Why u dey play pranks now? U know say some people dey browse NL for fine fine face.
please return your picture. Make his day, Abeg
Re: Nigeria Wins Un Security Council Seat by ocelot2006(m): 11:20am On Oct 17, 2009
Congratulations Nigeria grin!! Now where are those useless critics that wil always take pride in insulting their country?

emeka_gh:

We don't have to take narrow positions on everything here just to sound critical. Must a seat on UN affect food, fuel, and so call common man? Gabon just had some 'funny' election, yet she is seated there.

Countries like Lebanon, Bosnia also were elected, are they that well of than Nigeria?

For crying out loud the new members will be replacing Costa Rica, Libya, Uganda, Vietnam [/b]and Croatia, do these members have two heads? They don't have corruption, economic, governance and human related problems?

What do we derive joy being critical, even at the expense of our physical health?

Someone called Nigeria a "Nation of whiners!" is that what we have become?

For God's sake, the UN Seat is not for Yar' Adua, his cronies, and stooges, [b]it is for US (You and I) - Nigerians.

Lets accept this as a sign that the world still respect and expect something of value from us. We should be proud (even though it's a temporary seat.)

Excellent post, brother. Well said.
Re: Nigeria Wins Un Security Council Seat by chosen04(f): 11:44am On Oct 17, 2009
citizenY:

from chosen04
to
@Anti-Pro/Pro Anti

Thanks. U can have me if only u try.
[

Why u dey play pranks now? U know say some people dey browse NL for fine fine face.
please return your picture. Make his day, Abeg

@CitizenY
Sorry, Its like am beginning to completely compromise my true identity in a FACELESS COMMUNITY like NL

july123:

chosen04 is not a female.

@ CitizenY

Lool at a slowpoke like July123 who even copied my coy email address from my profile and still charts with me talking trash. Cos he cant use his HEAD to know that the email add. is for a coy and not personal.
Re: Nigeria Wins Un Security Council Seat by ichommy(m): 11:57am On Oct 17, 2009
Re: Nigeria Wins Un Security Council Seat by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 17, 2009
Congrat nigeria
Re: Nigeria Wins Un Security Council Seat by agathamari(f): 12:49pm On Oct 17, 2009
Mexico, Nigeria, the Middle East on the UN security Council? How are they going to keep the peace in another country when they cant keep the peace in thier own countries?
Re: Nigeria Wins Un Security Council Seat by emiwanlee(m): 2:11am On Oct 21, 2009
We have heard.What Next?
Re: Nigeria Wins Un Security Council Seat by pcicero(m): 5:34am On Oct 21, 2009
Congratulate yourselves as much as you can. But without being cynical, what is a temporary membership without a veto power worth? Nobody will even remember that you are there. The Five Veto Powers are the power brokers.
Re: Nigeria Wins Un Security Council Seat by martinosi: 1:18pm On Oct 21, 2009
Na Wao O!!!
So it means that Oga President can no more Dodge going to
International Engagements lol!  grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Father's Land Vs Birth Land / South East/south South, Watch These Men: Amechi, Okorocha, Oshimole! / Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.