Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,882 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing (28674 Views)

"Resign Now", Abdulmumin Jibrin To Buhari / Abdulmumin Jibrin: "Is This The Buhari We Know? Noooooo Something Is Wrong! / APC NWC Writes Hon Jibrin To Keep Evidence Away From Public Domain (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by Jalapa01(m): 3:34am On Oct 03, 2016
The former chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Appropriation, Abdulmumin Jibrin, who was slammed with a one year suspension last week, has said that he would go back to lecturing.

Jibrin, who was suspended on Wednesday for “breaching the privileges of his colleagues through his various corruption allegations” said he would also use the period to enrol for another programme.

Our correspondent reports that Jibrin had a stint in lecturing at the Nasarawa State University, Keffi, before venturing into politics in 2011, winning a seat to represent Kiru/Bebeji Federal Constituency of Kano State in the House.

“I will use this period to convert my memoir into a book, teach at the university and enrol for a second PhD with research focus on Economic Diversification,” Jibrin said yesterday in a statement.

He also alleged that each member of the House collects about N20 million monthly as running cost and allowances, which according to him, they use for personal benefits.

He added that following his suspension, one of the security agencies that had sent personnel to protect him due to threats to his life had withdrawn them.

“I will celebrate the 56th independence of Nigeria by further exposing systemic corruption using running cost/allowances of the House of Representatives. The amount (about N10 million) received monthly at present by members is the least since the regime of this fraud called running cost started.

“At various times in the past, members received between about N10 to N20 million averagely per month and often pocketed the money. I am always telling my colleagues in the House that only international footballers like Mikel Obi are known to legally earn such colossal amount monthly.

“Anybody who can reach Mr President should inform him that in the face of threats to my life and that of my family, one of the security agencies has withdrawn its officers protecting me. This has made me vulnerable. I have however taken my destiny in my own hands. It is a struggle I am committed to and no amount of threats or intimidation will deter me,” he said.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/jibrin-i-ll-use-suspension-period-to-lecture/164758.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by sarrki(m): 4:29am On Oct 03, 2016
This is what we call Diversification

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by Cutehector(m): 4:42am On Oct 03, 2016
It is only the the lord that raises up and scatters somebody... grin

3 Likes

Re: Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by Nobody: 5:15am On Oct 03, 2016
Let the pandoras box be opened and let's see what the green chamber is made of. Ndi Fuji house of commotion...Nonsense!

12 Likes

Re: Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by krasican(m): 5:27am On Oct 03, 2016
The amount (about N10 million) received monthly at present by members is the least since the regime of this fraud called running cost started.

“At various times in the past, members received between about N10 to N20 million averagely per month and often pocketed the money. I am always telling my colleagues in the House that only international footballers like Mikel Obi are known to legally earn such colossal amount monthly.

34 Likes

Re: Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by amaechi1: 5:30am On Oct 03, 2016
At least he has where to return to. Many in both houses don't have any other profession to return apart from poliThIEVING.

30 Likes

Re: Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by Boleyndynasty2(f): 5:44am On Oct 03, 2016
I don't understand how things work in this country, why was he suspended please?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by Nobody: 5:48am On Oct 03, 2016
I laugh when Buhari says he's fighting corruption!Mr President,corruption is staring at you and you keep on galavanting from one country to another without making any significant impact to improve the economy.

Well,I never voted for you because I know you to be a very vindictive villain and a power drunk fellow whose only objective was to become a President before dying.I wonder the kind of memoir you'll write after plunging Nigeria into recession twice.

History will continue remembering you for everything negative.

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by Nobody: 5:50am On Oct 03, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:
I don't understand how things work in this country, why was he suspended please?

He was suspended because he didn't want to be part of the corrupt practices of the green chamber.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by Nobody: 5:53am On Oct 03, 2016
Atleast, maybe we can rest on Twitter
Re: Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by modath(f): 5:57am On Oct 03, 2016
krasican:
The amount (about N10 million) received monthly at present by members is the least since the regime of this fraud called running cost started.

Politics in naija is like blood money..... A friends relative resigned from an ED position in a multinational to contest for a State level position.... That day was when i knew Naija don enter one chance fully.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:01am On Oct 03, 2016
nyben4eva:

He was suspended because he didn't want to be part of the corrupt practices of the green chamber.
instead of the accused being punished, the one who exposed the evil is suffering. At 56 and we're still this lost, After PMB will claim his fighting corruption cry

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by caesaraba(m): 6:26am On Oct 03, 2016
Good move. No need standing around just wailing. A man's gotta keep moving.

2 Likes

Re: Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by EMMYLBANKS(m): 6:46am On Oct 03, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:
instead of the accused being punished, the one who exposed the evil is suffering. At 56 and we're still this lost, After PMB will claim his fighting corruption cry
but can't the president come into this matter and do some thing....

Did the president has the authority to revoke this guy suspension by law?
Re: Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by Day169: 7:11am On Oct 03, 2016
..many more questions than answers.
..Did he too pocket this amount on a monthly basis when the times were rosy for him?
..Is this grand design of sleaze also attributable to the upper house?
..could this just be a tip of the iceberg of the monumental greed our legislators are involved in?
..what can we do as a people to put an end to these "tapeworms" that bedevil our "economic gut"?
..wetin Buhari dey do sef? sad

5 Likes

Re: Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by arewafederation: 7:32am On Oct 03, 2016
Day169:
..many more questions than answers.
..Did he too pocket this amount on a monthly basis when the times were rosy for him?
..Is this grand design of sleaze also attributable to the upper house?
..could this just be a tip of the iceberg of the monumental greed our legislators are involved in?
.. what can we do as a people to put an end to these "tapeworms" that bedevil our "economic gut"?
..wetin Buhari dey do sef?
sad

This is a question I always ask...What can we as a people do to correct these "legal" fraud ? What is the NLC,TUC and other unions doing to stop these sleaze in the legislative chambers?

And I am a bit disappointed that the president is not putting any effort to reduce this sleaze all in the name of "rule of law". angry

One of the steps we need to take to get things right in this country is to cut these Legislators to size...and it has to be done by the people else, the cycle would go on.

3 Likes

Re: Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by chacoonder(m): 8:30am On Oct 03, 2016
nyben4eva:

Negative.He was part of the corrupt movement but his vulnerability crumbled him.

3 Likes

Re: Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by krasican(m): 8:31am On Oct 03, 2016
modath:

Politics in naija is like blood money..... A friends relative resigned from an ED position in a multinational to contest for a State level position.... That day was when i knew Naija don enter one chance fully.

my sister money dey flow like water for dere o
Re: Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 03, 2016
Because he was part of the system and because he was removed from his chairmanship doesn't means he should expose their corrupt, am not also surprise, i will keep praying for them
Boleyndynasty2:
Re: Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by begwong: 10:39am On Oct 03, 2016
nyben4eva:

HE WAS SUSPENDED FOR TRYING TO PAD MORE THAN THE SPEAKER. HE PADDED 4BILLION AND ALLOTED A PALTRY 1.8B TO THE SPEAKER. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by veekid(m): 10:48am On Oct 03, 2016
Twitter go rest small
Re: Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by salabscholar01(m): 10:49am On Oct 03, 2016
ok
Re: Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by kaen1317: 10:49am On Oct 03, 2016
Lecture them on budget padding

2 Likes

Re: Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by kolnel: 10:50am On Oct 03, 2016
It's very pathetic how things got this bad in Nigeria
All the politicians are professional looters
Where is the hope for the common masses ?

1 Like

Re: Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 03, 2016
buhari here buhari there, u people will kill this man oh angry

1 Like

Re: Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by omoikea(m): 10:51am On Oct 03, 2016
why am I not understanding these
Re: Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by AlphaCentaurii: 10:53am On Oct 03, 2016
All the two faced hypocrites shouting what's Buhari doing should shut the fuvk up. Can the President take on the NASS alone?? He definitely can't! However, with our support he can. But we the masses are not ready to give him that and if he tries to take any drastic step, we are still the ones that will be shouting he's dictator. I can't just imagine someone that does nothing pocketing 20 million and another that works all day receiving meager 18000. Yes, Buhari is not an Angel neither is he a saint. He's is fallible like all mortals but lets massively support him and see things turn around. However, that we will support him, I know, is wishful thinking. So politicians abeg carry dey go

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by idris4r83(m): 10:54am On Oct 03, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:
because he exposed dogara's dirty deal termed "BUDGET PADDING"
Re: Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by yjgm(m): 10:54am On Oct 03, 2016
Nice one. Atleast he's got something to fall back to and keep himself busy with.
Re: Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by MisterGrace: 10:55am On Oct 03, 2016
They are making this man a hero...
Re: Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by Hedonistically: 10:55am On Oct 03, 2016
I pity his unfortunate students.

2 Likes

Re: Suspended Abdulmumin Jibrin To Return To Lecturing by coolbreezy01: 10:55am On Oct 03, 2016
The guy is dem broke now...plus dix recession so if babu suspend him 4 speaking the truth torr atleast he knows how to teach to make ends needs instead of those 'AY' and 'NAY' blockheads we have dere dhat was not suspended... #ijustwanttomakecommonsense

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IPOB Rejects Arewa Youths’ Quit Notice Withdrawal, Asks All Igbos To Return / Osinbajo In Meeting With Magu And Mattew Seiyefa, Acting DSS DG / Tinubu Reveals Why He Has Declined Interviews And Debates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.