Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It (3490 Views)

21 TYPES AND FACTS OF SPERMS WITH MEANINGS / Condom Types And How They Can Improve Your Sex Life (discovery) / One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by mhisbliss(f): 7:33pm On Oct 03, 2016
Cyber bullying as i understand is the use of internet and mobile technology to bully,
everyone can experience verbal torture and bullying online, since people cannot avoid talking about other people's lives online whether it is a public figure or a nobody.
People are bullied because of thier race, social standing, disabilities, appearance and grammar or spelling. The effect of cyber bullying on every individual varies, some people get stronger emotionally, some withdraw into thier shell while in others it results into a serious mental condition like severe anxiety, depression and possibly suicide.

[size=14pt]Types of cyber bullying[/size]

Harassment
It involves the bully sending offensive, malicious hate messages to an individual repeatedly. Cyberstalking is one form of harassment that involves continual threatening and rude messages, and can lead to physical harassment in the real, offline world.

Humiliation and Embarrassment Social networking websites can be used to initiate humiliation and embarrassment to someone. This could be from an unflattering image of someone posted in social networking sites. Some bullies humiliate people who speak English with remarkably grammatical errors and spelling.

Flaming
Flaming is similar to harassment, but it refers to an online fight exchanged via emails, instant messaging or chat rooms. It is a type of public bullying that often directs harsh languages, or images to a specific person.

Outing
Outing is when a bully shares personal and private information, pictures, or videos about someone publicly. A person is “outed” when his information has been disseminated throughout the internet.

Exclusion
Exclusion is the act of intentionally singling out and leaving a person out from an online group such as chats and sites. The group then subsequently leave malicious comments and harass the one they singled out.

Stalking
People who are being followed wherever they go and everything that they do suffer from anxiety and fear. They feel that they are not safe on their own. Online stalking happens when a person shares his or her personal information publicly through social networking websites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others.

Masquerading or posing
Masquerading is a situation where a bully creates a fake identity to harass someone anonymously. In addition to creating a fake identity, the bully can impersonate someone else to send malicious messages to the victim.
Those who creates alternates just to fight on NL or the males behind female monikers are a typical example of posers

Blackmail
this happens when someone has an incriminating info or secret about you, they send you anonymous emails, pms etc threatening to expose it, they demand for money or other favors so your secret wont be made public and you'll have no choice than to do whatever they ask.

[size=14pt]Mediums of Cyber-Bullying[/size]

Mobile Phones and Smartphones
Mobile phone users can spread viral texts to virtually bully someone. Smartphone users can participate in internet bullying such as leaving insulting comments, posting images, video and audio.

One on one Cyber-bullying
this occur when two people have arguments in a certain thread and throw insults and rude comments to each other. Romanceland is known for this

Cyber bullies send harassing e-mail messages and threat to someone.

Social Networking Sites
One of the most popular medium to bully someone online. People use social networking websites like Twitter and Facebook to degrade someone’s personality in form of image, audio, video or texts.

Blogs
People create personal webpages called blogs to express feelings and thoughts. This can also be abused by literally posting something that will ruin someone’s reputation. Embarrassing photos and videos can be also posted by these “blogger bullies”.

Forums
Forums are meant for discussion, and that also includes discussing someone else’s life. They leave offensive feedback and unnecessary arrogant comments to the person being discussed in a forum thread.

[size=14]How to Cope with Cyber-Bullying[/size]

Self-Control
try to channel all the negative energy into something else, something productive, whatever makes you happy, think of it as a trial that will soon be over, which will only make you a stronger person and increase your endurance.

Ignore Attacks
this is the best way to cope with cyber-bullying, ignoring everything and just trying to move on and show the bullies that you won't let them control you, they feed on your weakness, but if you ignore they'll grow tired and leave you alone.

Spend Quality Time with Self, family & friends
you don't have to face it alone. Having a bad day is something that all of us experience. Spending time with yourself, family or your friends will help you cope with what you are going through. Your loved ones will understand you in every way possible. They will cheer you up in times when you feel that the world(virtual) has turned against you. In the end, your loved ones are all that you got and keeping them on your side will help you get through with your darkest days. Spending time with your self is important too. Do something that will make you feel good and occupied. You can spend the day doing what you like until you learned to let go of what has happened to you.

Go offline for a while
What you dont know can never hurt or harm you, so if you don't get to see it, you wont be bothered.

[size=14pt]how to avoid cyber bullies and being bullied[/size]

Secure your privacy, keep everything personal ofline
Dont expose anything they can use against you, if possible use a pseudonym instead of your real name, so they wont search your real name on Facebook or Instagram and come to nairaland to behave like detective ridley who just solved a mystery murder case, just be as anonymous as possible, you only show who you're if you're certain you can take the heat.

DO NOT post your mobile number, and house address
to avoid receiving anonymous messages or unsolicited pestering or visits.

Know Who to Trust
It’s fun to share photos and videos with your friends, but you have to make sure that these people can be trusted. Giving your trust to the wrong person might bring harm. It might affect your life forever.

Being more cautious with Words and Actions
The nature of gossiping started at the same time with human civilization. Some people take our words and actions seriously; some of them don’t. However, we should be more careful the way we behave and speak to avoid misunderstandings and cause misinterpretation to others. We should be careful to avoid people spreading nonsense rumors, defile our integrity as a human being or ruin our reputation.

Be careful what you share online
Before you share anything about yourself or post a picture, think of all the way it can be used against you, think of your reputation, try to know your fan base, ratio of enemies to fans, and ask yourself wether you're ready for the aftermath of telling the cyberspace about who you are.

It feels good to be a bully, atleast thats what bullies think, but have you thought about how insignificant your life is? For you to make someone your everyday business, For someone to be in your thoughts day by day, someone who obviously doesn't care about you or know you, bullies are mostly faceless, they've nothing on you and they're only bullies online, in reality they're wimps, average people who lacks confidence, irresolute and wishy-washy, more like a toothless bulldog, so all you have to do is thank them for making you the air they breathe, let them keep up with paying close attention to you while you enjoy your life, paying them no attention, precious attention,

#uniquebliss

11 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by falconey(m): 7:35pm On Oct 03, 2016
ok good for the victims.

1 Like

Re: Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by Glassdoll(f): 7:39pm On Oct 03, 2016
Beautiful article, one could tell you really did your homework on it.

Nice one!
Re: Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by mhisbliss(f): 7:40pm On Oct 03, 2016
Glassdoll:
Beautiful article, one could tell you really did your homework on it.

Nice one!
tanchu smiley am a survivor

2 Likes

Re: Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by Glassdoll(f): 7:42pm On Oct 03, 2016
mhisbliss:
That's quite commendable! Hope other bullied people would read and learn one or two from this smiley
Re: Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by Presh900(m): 7:45pm On Oct 03, 2016
mhisbliss:
lol....the ''liss'' thread??
Re: Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by mhisbliss(f): 7:48pm On Oct 03, 2016
Presh900:
lol....the ''liss'' thread??
not only the liss thread o, everywhere including my diary cheesy
Re: Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by mhisbliss(f): 7:50pm On Oct 03, 2016
Glassdoll:
That's quite commendable! Hope other bullied people would read and learn one or two from this smiley
thats my aim, so those who are victims can learn from my experience and mistakes, never to cower and deactivate or create new moniker or go mia, bullies feed on your weakness and your weakness urge them to bully you more

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 03, 2016
Lol.
you think they will read this?. grin sure they will avoid this thread.
Re: Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by mhisbliss(f): 7:52pm On Oct 03, 2016
herbie27:
Lol.
lols herbie they'll definitely read this but will never comment grin
Re: Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 03, 2016
mhisbliss:
lols herbie they'll definitely read this but will never comment grin
And they will prepare harder for you. cheesy wrote something of this sort with my alternate, trust bullies they avoided that thread.
Re: Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by Presh900(m): 7:56pm On Oct 03, 2016
mhisbliss:
not only the liss thread o, everywhere including my diary cheesy

lol...you must hv really pissed 'em off btw lemme check out ur diary
Re: Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by mhisbliss(f): 7:59pm On Oct 03, 2016
Presh900:

you dont need to piss them off before they make you thier career, you just have to disagree with them and there you're the topic of the day
Re: Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by mhisbliss(f): 8:01pm On Oct 03, 2016
herbie27:
And they will prepare harder for you. cheesy wrote something of this sort with my alternate, trust bullies they avoided that thread.
they should know by now my skin is as thick as a warthog, bring it on is all i have to say, lols let them avoid the thread joor its not for them
Re: Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by Vaxt(m): 8:04pm On Oct 03, 2016
Na woman tin b that na
Re: Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by Rozaystunna(m): 9:03pm On Oct 03, 2016
herbie27:
Lol.
Stfu thot
Re: Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 03, 2016
Rozaystunna:
Stfu thot
Even after reading what she wrote, you still want to troll.

Ewww!.
Re: Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 03, 2016
why are people wicked, say no to cyber bullying embarassed
Re: Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by Rozaystunna(m): 9:22pm On Oct 03, 2016
herbie27:
Even after reading what she wrote, you still want to troll.

Ewww!.
get yo salty asss outta here
Re: Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by MBush(m): 9:24pm On Oct 03, 2016
officialEFCC:

Only people with potentials are bullied...

Assholes like you are kicked out with a big boot... smiley

Whayasay? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by MBush(m): 9:24pm On Oct 03, 2016
Sorry I came to derail the thread with Efcc smiley
Re: Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by MBush(m): 9:28pm On Oct 03, 2016
officialEFCC:

Don't read and act like you don't see scumbag? angry

I thought avoiding a lowlife like you can lead to a positive end... But all products of stubborn sperms have something in common...

Stupidity undecided....

Come on...

1 Like

Re: Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 03, 2016
I hope they learn smiley
Re: Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by EmperorLee(m): 9:32pm On Oct 03, 2016
MBush:

Lmao...
Re: Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by Maxi112: 9:33pm On Oct 03, 2016
MBush:
she isn't the original owner of this article

source loading

1 Like

Re: Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by EmperorLee(m): 9:34pm On Oct 03, 2016
Maxi112:

source loading

Mazi Omenugo Onyekunamamakumadu grin Onowu of nairaland grin
Re: Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by MBush(m): 9:35pm On Oct 03, 2016
EmperorLee:

Lmao...

I go show the asshole wetin be the meaning of troll cheesy

I will start following only him... and keep creating monikers just for him... cheesy
Re: Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by EmperorLee(m): 9:36pm On Oct 03, 2016
MBush:

I go show the asshole wetin be the meaning of troll cheesy

I will start following only him... and keep creating monikers just for him... cheesy

Lol nah wah.
Re: Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by MBush(m): 9:38pm On Oct 03, 2016
EmperorLee:

Lol nah wah.

I don get like 7 alts because of the dude cheesy
Re: Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by MBush(m): 9:39pm On Oct 03, 2016
Maxi112:

source loading

Maxi,,, cheesy

How wifey na... Emperorlee... She don dey pay small small cheesy
Re: Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 03, 2016
#yawns! No MF can bully me 'online'. As long as I have power to chose what I read and what I don't.

They nothing but words on the screen

1 Like

Re: Cyber-bullying, Types And How To Avoid It by Maxi112: 9:42pm On Oct 03, 2016
MBush:

Maxi,,, cheesy
How wifey na... Emperorlee... She don dey pay small small cheesy
hahahahahah

na here we won do the party? wifey is fine grin

I missed a lot grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UNILAG Babe Sweeping the floor of her school With her 70 Inch Hair (photo) / Tattoo Addict / Old Man Grabs Wife's Boobs To Celebrate His 71st Birthday With His Kids(photo).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.